Chapter 24

The Chasing Game

“What is she doing?” Bom curiously asked while looking at Chaerin who was busy doing something in her laptop. She even had her headphones on. She looked like she couldn’t be bothered.

 

Minzy shrugged. “I don’t know. Probably something for -yong again.”

 

Bom sighed. Both of them tried. They tried talking Chaerin out of what she was determined to do. But they failed miserably. When Chaerin really wanted something, she’ll do it. She didn’t care about what others thought.

 

“Chae-ah, can you cook for us? We’re starviiiing!” Bom tried to distract her friend but to no avail.

 

“Unnie, there’s some cake in the fridge.” Chaerin un-distractedly said.

 

“I want your famous steak!” Bom childishly said.

 

“Aigoo this old baby. Wait for a while, I’m just gonna finish this.” Chaerin said eyes and fingers busily working.

 

“What are doing anyway?” Bom sauntered towards her but before she could even peak, Chaerin closed her laptop.

 

“Finished!” She excitedly said and pulled both Minzy and Bom out of her room and into the kitchen.

 

“You’re so weird.” Bom said as she sat down at the kitchen counter. It was always like this, since she didn’t know how to cook, she just watched and praised her dongsaengs as they cooked and she watched like a proud mother.

 

“That’s why we’re friends, don’t you think?” Chaerin winked at her and Bom just rolled her eyes.

 

“Dara unnie called, she asked if we were going to Sky Lounge tonight.” Minzy said as she placed steak on the sink to thaw.

 

“I know I am. I have a shift tonight.” Chaerin said while she got some ingredients for the sauce.

 

“You still gonna work there?” Bom asked.

 

“Why shouldn’t I?”

 

“You are aware that’s where Jiyong usually hangs out right?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Okay then. If you’re going then I’m going too.” Minzy said sweetly to Chaerin.

 

“Well then I guess I’m going too.” Bom said and immediately texted somebody. They didn’t need to ask who it was. The smile on Bom’s face was answer enough.

 

 

“Hey CL!” Dara was genuinely happy to see Chaerin again. it’s been almost a week since they last saw each other.

 

“Hi unnie, wassup?” Chaerin hugged her.

 

“All good. Better that you here actually. I could use some help. The club’s been packed these past few days.” Dara said.

 

“Glad to help.” Chaerin smiled at her. They had this special bond between them. Even if they hadn’t known each other that long, they just seemed to click in the right way.

 

The night flew by with the usual stuff. Nothing special visited her regular night. Well, ever since her and Jiyong broke up she felt like there was nothing special in her life anymore. Jiyong wasn’t even in the club. She wondered if it was because she was there and that thought hurt.

 

“Hey Chae, ready to go?” Bom went to the bar and saw Chaerin lost in her thoughts.

 

“Oh, yeah. Let’s go.” She took her bag and waved goodbye to the new bartender taking over. The four girls decided to sleep at Chaerin’s tonight because it was a weekend tomorrow anyway. Well technically it was already the weekend since it was 1AM.

 

Remember when we were younger and we used to just dance and sing around?” Chaerin broke the silence in the car.

 

“Yeah. Good times.” Bom said as she drove.

 

“Why the sudden reminiscing unnie?” Minzy asked from the backseat.

 

“I was just wondering if you’re up for that again.” Chaerin asked. “You too Dara unnie. I heard from the manager that you sing.”

 

“Well, I try.” Dara chuckled.

 

“Hmm. Why the sudden interest in that again, Pudong-ah?” Bom asked curiously.

 

“There was just this song that came up to me the other day and I’m itching to let it out.”

 

“Whoa unnie. You’re writing again?” Minzy interestedly asked. It had been so long since Chaerin talked about Music. Chaerin occasionally sent them audios of her singing the songs she made when she was in France. Minzy always thought she would end up with music as her career but Chaerin didn’t pay much attention to her talent and leaned more on the fashion side.

 

“I couldn’t shrug it away.”

 

“Of course we’re interested. All your stuff are good. I’m sure your song’s kick !” Bom excitedly said.

 

 

“Whoa. I didn’t expect that.” Bom said still quite surprised.

 

“Yeah. Me too.” Minzy added.

 

“I think its beautiful Chaerin.” Dara said.

 

It was morning and they were chilling in Chaerin’s room and decided to hear the song Chaerin made. Minzy and Bom were totally taken off guard. They didn’t expect the song to be so… mellow and sweet. The songs Chaerin made before were strong and powerful.

 

“What did you guys think?” Chaerin shyly said.  “I really want us to sing this.”

 

“Chae… this is for Jiyong isn’t it?” Bom said. “Chae, he’s not worth it. You shouldn’t—“

 

“Please unnie~” Chaerin said, not wanting to hear more.

 

Bom sighed. There is no winning with Lee Chaerin.

 

“Fine.”

 

“Thanks unnie. I really appreciate it.”

 

“And the song is really good Chae.” Bom said.

 

“Yeah unnie! It’s super!” Minzy said and hit replay. Chaerin recorded it alone but she wanted to sing it with her friends even if it was her song for him.

 

“Chae…” Dara unsurely started. “Don’t you think you should just tell him what happened at the club?”

 

“What happened in the club?” Bom asked.

 

Chaerin shot a worried look to Bom. She never wanted her to find out. She is so over protective of them that she’ll flip once she hears about it.

 

“Nothing.” Chaerin said.

 

“Dara, what happened in the club?” Bom said. She knows Dara won’t deny her an answer.

 

Chaerin pleadingly looked at Dara, silently wishing that she wouldn’t tell but it had been too long and Dara felt like concerned people needed to know.

 

“A few weeks ago, when there was that rap event in the club, there were university guys there. They were drunk as hell and were causing a scene everywhere. They were being rude and disrespectful. Then they started getting rowdy and then Chaerin and I noticed they were crowding around a girl in the dance floor. The girl looked so scared. They were practically all over her. I went to Cheng to ask for help but walking around the club was so hard. People were crowding all over. When I got back to the bar, Chaerin wasn’t there anymore.” Dara eyed Chaerin and saw that she was getting nervous and fidgety. “Then I saw her there. In the dance floor. She was shouting at the guys.”

 

Bom gave a deadly look to Chaerin.

 

“Then there was more shouting. I could practically hear them shouting over the loud music. I rushed there and saw Cheng take out one of the guys but when I looked at Chaerin she was being dragged by one of the guys she was shouting at. I ran to them but one of the guys grabbed me too. It was all such a blur. I didn’t know what the hell was happening until Cheng pulled the guy off me and shoved a fist to his face. I went to look for you but it was so hard.” Dara was getting emotional. “I’m so sorry. I tried getting to you as fast as possible. I was so worried of what might happen. When I saw Jiyong, I was so relieved, thinking you were with him but you weren’t.”

 

Chaerin’s head shot up at the name mentioned. “Jiyong was there?”

 

“Yes. I saw him coming from the bar. I thought he was looking for you too but—“

 

“But?” Chaerin went closer to Dara.

 

“But when I asked him, he told me to ask Jay.”

 

What? Chaerin was confused. He was there? She didn’t see him there. She was… she was… oh . She remembered what happened.

 

“Lee Chaerin! What the hell did I tell you about getting into situations like that! You should have left it to Cheng to save that girl! What the hell were you thinking? And what the hell happened to you?!” Bom was more than enraged. Her nostrils were flaring.

 

Chaerin was still reeling. “I’m sorry. I was very emotional that time. I… I wasn’t thinking.”

 

“You think?! And why didn’t you tell me?!”

 

“I’m sorry.” Chaerin said teary-eyed which softened Bom. Bom wrapped Chaerin in a tight hug.

 

“Aigoo. You are such a pain in the .”

 

The four of them settled down on the bed, sitting comfortably and sitting around, facing each other.

 

“What happened to you Chae?” Bom started.

 

“When Dara unnie called for Cheng, the guys started getting aggressive towards the girl. I couldn’t just watch so I went there. I told them to back off but they were too drunk to care about anything. I shouted at them to stop but they came at me. That’s when Cheng came and took one of them out but this one guy dragged me out. I got so scared.” Chaerin took a deep breath to settle her emotions. Thinking about that night always made her sick. “He was holding me so tight I could feel a bruise forming on my arm, then he shoved me in a corner. It made me sick that he put his hands on me. I was so scared of what was going to happen. I punched him but he slapped me and started groping me.” The other girls gasped hearing this. “When all the fight left my body, I felt him being pulled off me then he was on the ground being punched by Jay.”

 

“Jay? Jay Park?” Minzy asked.

 

Chaerin nodded. It was a surprise, considering how Jay Park was an .

 

“Yeah. I found you at the back alley with Jay. Do you remember that?”

 

Chaerin nodded.

 

“You were crying when I saw you and I thought Jay did something but you hugged him.”

 

Chaerin started to remember everything from that night. It was only then that she remembered everything. It was probably because she didn’t think of that night and buried it away.

 

“Wait. I’m confused.” Minzy said. “Jay was the one who saved you? But Jiyong oppa was there?”

 

“We had a fight before that and he left. I don’t know why he was there.” Chaerin said.

 

“Maybe he went back to talk to you?” Bom asked.

 

“Wait. Dara unnie said she saw him coming from the bar.” Minzy asked and Dara nodded. “Isn’t the back alley just behind the bar?” Minzy added.

 

Chaerin and Dara nodded as an answer and then realization hit.

 

“Do you think…” Dara started.

 

“He saw me hugging Jay?” Chaerin finished.

 

“Well, if he did then everything would make sense.” Bom said. “It would explain why he’s such a right now.”

 

Chaerin thought about it. It would definitely make sense. It would answer all her questions why Jiyong hated her so much right now. Add it to the fact that they fought about Jay before all those happened.

 

“He doesn’t know what happened in the club, does he?” Bom questioned.

 

Chaerin just shook her head.

 

“You are such an idiot Lee Chaerin! Why didn’t you tell him?!”

 

“I didn’t know! It’s only now that I remembered about the back alley. I was drinking that night. You know how I forget things when I drink.” Chaerin said with her head in her hands.

 

“Aigoo~ this kid really.” Bom said, equally exasperated.

 

“Don’t tell him.” Chaerin said.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t tell him. I don’t want him to know.”

 

“Lee Chaerin, are you crazy?!” Bom said, getting frustrated by the whole situation.

 

“If he finds out and then he comes back to me, it would be because of guilt and sympathy. I don’t want that. I want him to come back because he loves me.” Chaerin said, totally resolved on the matter.

 

“You are crazy and very frustrating!” Bom said. “I need a drink.”


So sorry about the delay :( I hope you enjoyed this one though. God bless!