Chapter 30

The Chasing Game

“What happened to you the other night?” Youngbae asked Jiyong as he sat down beside him for the first class.

 

“Oh uhm my sister called. There was an emergency at home.” Jiyong nodded at his friend as an acknowledgment of his presence.

 

“Oh?”

 

“Yeah. She thought my dad was gonna have a heart attack or something.” Jiyong said while writing something down on his notebook.

 

“What? Is he okay?” Youngbae said, worried.

 

“Yup. It was nothing. She overreacted.” Jiyong said while still busy writing. The class hasn’t even started yet.

 

“That’s good then.” Youngbae said, noticing his friend’s disinterest in talking. “What’s that?” he asked while trying to take a peek.

 

“Hey! It’s not for you to see.” Jiyong said while closing his notebook abruptly.

 

“Ohhh. So it’s for Chaerin huh?”

 

“Who else would I write a song for?” Jiyong replied.

 

“So it’s a song. Hmmm.” Youngbae said teasingly. “When will we hear it?”

 

“When it’s done.” Jiyong said.

 

“So—“

 

“Sshh!” Jiyong stopped Youngbae from talking and stood up.

 

“Good morning Chaerin.” Jiyong said as Chaerin passed by them to go to the only vacant seat at the end of their row.

 

Chaerin just nodded her head but didn’t meet his eyes.

 

 

“I heard you were writing a song.” TOP said as soon as he sat down on their usual table.

 

Jiyong glared at the oblivious Youngbae who was happily munching on his food.

 

“Oh really hyung? You back in the game or what?” Seungri asked.

 

“No. It’s not that.” Jiyong said.

 

“Then what?” Daesung looked up from his phone and asked.

 

“It’s—“

 

“A love song for Chaerin.” Youngbae finished for him and Jiyong threw a kimbab at him.

 

“Well, go on ahead and tell them everything.” Jiyong said. He sighed and continued “It’s the only way I know that she’ll hear me out.”

 

“Can we listen to it?” Daesung asked.

 

“It’s not done yet. And I asked Lydia’s help on it.”

 

“Whoa. I think this is the first time you’re writing something for a girl.” Seungri said.

 

“She’s the only girl I’ll ever write a song to.” Jiyong surely said.

 

“Well, let us know if you need any help. You know we’ll be happy to help.” TOP said. He knew how deep serious Jiyong is about getting Chaerin back and he’ll do anything to help even if Bom isn’t really on board with it after all that’s happened.

 

“Thanks man.” Jiyong said in appreciation. He knew he could count on these dorks.

 

 

“So what’re you up to tonight?” Minzy asked Chaerin who was lying face down on her bed.

 

“Nothing. I just wanna sleep.” The older mumbled and buried her face in her pillow.

 

“Well, that’s not gonna work today because you’ve been skipping your shift at the club for some time now and your manager asked me if you’re still planning on going back or if he needs to find a new bartender.”

 

“Oh . Dara unnie.” Chaerin immediately got up.

 

“Yup. She’s been covering your but she got busted last night.”

 

“. !” Chaerin cursed and made her way to the bathroom to shower and ready herself. It looks like she won’t be staying home tonight.

 

Minzy smiled. Her part was done. As much as she hated Jiyong for doing what he did to Chaerin, she still wanted to see her cousin happy and the happiest she has been was when she was with Jiyong so she said yes when Jiyong came to her for help.

 

 

“Are you sure she’s coming?” Jiyong was fidgeting. He was nervous. Too nervous. He didn’t even feel like this before, when he was still battling in their circle.

 

“Geez. Just relax man. Yeah, I’m pretty sure she’s coming.” Youngbae said, tiredly looking at his friend who was asking that same question for the past 10 minutes.

 

“Okay… okay. As long as she’ll be here, everything’s gonna be fine.” Jiyong said to himself.

 

“Hey oppa!” the two best friends looked at the girl approaching them.

 

“Hey Lydz!” Youngbae greeted first and hugged the younger girl.

 

“Hi! I missed you oppa!” Lydia said and was responded with an eye smile.

 

“Thanks for doing this Lydia.” Jiyong said and hugged her too.

 

“Of course! Anything for you guys. I’m sure you’ll get her back.” Lydia smiled at Jiyong genuinely.

 

“Thanks. That means a lot.” Jiyong said and smiled at her.

 

“Okay! I’ll just go and prepare. I’ll see you in a bit!” she said and went on her way to the back of the stage.

 

“There she is!” Youngbae pointed at the bar where Chaerin was fixing her things.

 

Jiyong suddenly felt his heart beat ten times faster. Gosh he was so nervous.

 

 

“Chaerinnie?” Dara asked the brown haired girl standing at the bar, preparing drinks.

 

Chaerin turned around and saw Dara standing there, holding a bottle of vodka.

 

“Unnie!” she hugged her.

 

“What’re you doing here? I thought you weren’t coming in tonight?” Dara asked but she already knew Minzy had something to do with her coming to the club.

 

“I realized I haven’t been here for a long time and you’ve been covering for my . Sorry about that unnie.” Chaerin said genuinely apologetic. Dara felt a little bad that Chaerin was feeling guilty over nothing since their manager hasn’t really noticed that she hasn’t been coming to work. Minzy made all that up so she’d go to the club tonight. But it was all for good reason.

 

“It’s no trouble.” Dara smiled and set down the bottle she was holding.

 

“So what’s with the set up tonight?” Chaerin asked pointing at the stage which was clearly prepared for something.

 

“Oh… uhm. Someone’s gonna perform tonight.” That was all Dara could say.

 

“Oh really? Is it someone we know?” Chaerin interestedly asked.

 

“You’ll see.” Dara smiled and started pouring drinks.

 

 

“Bomna!” TOP excitedly squeaked as soon as he saw her coming close to their table.

 

Bom smiled sweetly at him and pecked his lips.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were coming tonight? I would have fetched you.” TOP said putting his arm on Bom’s waist making the younger ones on the table make gagging noises.

 

“I didn’t wanna trouble you since you were here already plus I want to see how the might G-Dragon plans on getting our Chaerinnie back.”

 

“Oh so you haven’t heard the track?” TOP asked and Bom shook her head.

 

“Well it’s good that you’re here then. It’s one of the best ones he’s ever made.” TOP proudly boasted of his friend.

 

“We’ll see.” Bom said. She still hasn’t fully forgiven Jiyong for the he did to Chaerin but she knows that he’s the one that can make her friend happy so she’s trying her best.

 

“Come on unnie. Forgive the guy already. He’s suffered enough.” Minzy said.

 

“She’s right noona. You should’ve seen him when he thought he lost all hope. Tsk tsk.” Seungri said remembering the very unpleasant image of Jiyong practically self-destructing.

 

“Let’s not think about that now. Let’s just hope for the best for the both of them and we know that’s when they’re together.” Daesung said and raised his cup. The others nodded along and raised their cups silently wishing the best for their friends.

 

 

It was only 11 and the club was getting turnt up. Chaerin too was having fun interacting with people and enjoying the music. It’s been too long that she’s conversed with people and socializing was really nice for her. It makes her forget. Forget the pain. Forget him. Well, for a little while.

 

“Ahem ahem.” Someone said over the microphone but wasn’t clearly heard because of the booming music.

 

“Mic check 1,2!” a voice said in a louder voice overpowering the music which was slowly being turned down.

 

When the music was turned down to an ear friendly level and everyone was looking at the stage, the lights suddenly dimmed and a spotlight focused on the stage where Jiyong stood.

 

“Kyaaaahh!!!”

 

“Whooooo!”

 

“OMG! Its GD!!!”

 

Everyone who knew him or just practically knew about the underground rap screamed and cheered for the mighty GD that hasn’t been performing for a long time now.

 

“Good evening everyone.” Jiyong said and the cheers and screams came again.

 

Chaerin on the other hand was stuck on her place just staring at him. She felt like it’s been so long since she really looked at him. She felt her heart skip a beat and felt herself suddenly feeling weak. And she thought she was forgetting about him. Oh how wrong was she.

 

“I just wanna take a few minutes of your time to share something that I’ve been working on for the past days. If that’s okay?” Jiyong asked the crowd and everyone was just yelling and screaming for him. it was GD anyway. GD smiled and the track started.

 

I’m so (G boy)

I’m so (D boy)

You are my pleasure
I feel like a little kid
Trying not to think about you
Only 10 minutes at the longest
Our relationship right now is between cold and hot
Anything is fine
If I could keep you right beside me
Your face is so beautiful like a sculpture
When I look at you I freeze like a statue
my superstar
You’re one butterfly
Butterfly effect in the flower garden
In your little smile
There’s a big storm in my heart
Keep running away
Fly away
At this moment, know more about me
Guys are either kids or dogs
Other guys will take you away like a hawk
I’ll give you the love you’ve never felt before
I’ll be ya james bond, Until the end for you

 

Everybody cheered then Lydia came out from the back pumping the crowd even more since Lydia was also quite popular and it was an unexpected collab.

You got me losing my mind
The way you got me fired up
Never give up boy even when they try us
You and me against the world
With you I ride or die tonight

You have my heart like the beat
The way you got me turned up
Never give up boy even when they try us
You and me against the world
With you I ride or die tonight

 

At this point everyone was noticing that Jiyong was just looking at one place and pointing at one certain area which happened to be the bar. He wasn’t even trying to entertain the people like what he usually does in rap battles. He was just looking at that one certain place.

 

If I’m a boring realist
You’re a dreamer
If you’re going there
I’ll follow you even if I’m dreaming
On that green field
Let’s build a picturesque house
On your ring finger
Let’s get a diamond as big as your thumb
I’ll give you the world
You can be the owner
This is a crazy love song
You can just be the main character
My calendar is red, why?
cuz everyday is your birthday
My calendar is red, why?
cuz everyday is your birthday
Listen well
Come here
Please stop lifting me up and letting me go
You might say two different things with one mouth
Let’s stop with the childish playing nah
We ride or die
You’re bonnie
I’m clyde
There’s no tomorrow for us tonight

 

Chaerin was neither stupid nor blind. She saw him looking at her area. Even though they weren’t quite meeting eye to eye because of the dim light and their distance but she knew he was looking at her and pointing at her.

 

You got me losing my mind
The way you got me fired up
Never give up boy even when they try us
You and me against the world
With you I ride or die tonight

You have my heart like the beat
The way you got me turned up
Never give up boy even when they try us
You and me against the world
With you I ride or die tonight

 

The club got even more turned up when Jiyong started dancing on the dubstep break and everyone danced to the beat too.

 

Me and my girl friend we ride or die
Me and my girl friend
Me and my girl friend we ride or die
Me and my girl friend

Me and my girl friend we ride or die
Me and my girl friend
Me and my girl friend we ride or die
Me and my girl friend

 

After his short dance he went down the stage and started walking towards the crowd making them scream louder. Jiyong reached Chaerin’s place with no effort since everyone made way for him. They were face to face now with only the counter separating them. Everyone sitting at the bar also moved out of their way. They were just looking at each other’s eyes.

Jiyong sang the next lines while looking at her eyes. Chaerin couldn’t seem to take her eyes off his.

 

You got me losing my mind
The way you got me fired up
Never give up boy even when they try us
You and me against the world
With you I ride or die tonight

 

Chaerin felt like her heart was about to pop out of her chest. A mix of feelings started overflowing but love was definitely on top.

 

You have my heart like the beat
The way you got me turned up
Never give up boy even when they try us
You and me against the world
With you I ride or die tonight

 

(Dubstep break)


Only dubstep was playing now and they were still staring at each other’s eyes. Jiyong held his hand out to her. Her heart dictated her actions so she took his hand making Jiyong’s heart swell with happiness but he maintained his composure. They were being watched by everyone after all. He led her out of the bar and walked back to the stage in perfect timing that the song ended, Jiyong couldn’t stop himself and kissed her lips softly, making the crowd go wild.


Didn't know how to end it. I hope you imagined the scene just as I did :) Sorry for not updating often. Have a good day all of you. God bless!