Chapter 27

The Chasing Game

I found myself standing close to Jay. Too close actually. I was probably there for about 5 seconds already before he even looked up. Was he ignoring me on purpose?!

 

I can clearly see Chaerin looking at us in the other side of the counter. I wonder what she could be thinking right now.

 

Jay looked up and met my eyes before eyeing me up and down and then raising a brow, probably uncomfortable at how close I was to him.

 

“Ji…” I heard Chaerin’s soft voice call my name and it made my heart flutter. I wonder what would happen to me if we actually talked. I hadn’t had a meaningful conversation with her for so long that only a word from her would affect me so much.

 

“Kwon Jiyong.” Said the man in front of me, still not breaking our eye contact and finally standing up. Good, cause my neck was starting to ache from all that stare down. “It’s nice to see you again. We haven’t seen each other in like what? Weeks? Months? I don’t remember.” He continued. He sounded like we were friends. As if!

 

He stepped back and held his hand out. I stared at it. What the was he doing? What kind of mind game was he playing at? He noticed that I had no interest in shaking his hand so he awkwardly ran his hand on his hair.

 

“What’re you doing here?” the words came out before I could think. I mean, what the would I care where he was or what he was doing, but what I really meant was what the hell he was doing HERE in front of my girl.

 

“Oh I just came to visit.” He said nonchalantly, took his drink and downed it all.

 

My blood boiled. Came to visit who? My Chaerin? Who the does he think he is?! Then it hit me, who the do I think I am. Who am I to ask him this? Who am I to Chaerin that I dare be here in this position?

 

I closed my eyes and balled my fists trying to tramp down the urge to punch his face. Bad idea. As soon as my eyes closed, I saw that image of him and Chaerin hugging at the back alley. ! My eyes flew open and before I knew it, my fist made contact with the left side of his face.

 

“Oh my God!”

 

“Aahhh!”

 

I heard people around us screaming but a voice stood out among them all.

 

“Jiyong! What’re you doing?!” Chaerin said. She was peering over the counter, looking at Jay who was already on the floor. My temper rose ten notches more. Not only was she defending him, she actually looked mad at me!

 

Before I could stop myself, I was already on the floor throwing punches at Jay and cussing and cursing him loudly. I didn’t even know how long we were like that but he wasn’t even fighting me. Not even an effort to get me off him.

 

“You ing ! You motherer! The next time I ing see your hands on her, I’m gonna tear it from you ing body!” I screamed while punching him wildly. Something took over me. All the hate I had kept in for the past month that Chaerin and I weren’t together went all out on Jay.

 

“Oh my God, stop it!!” I heard from behind me but I was too blinded by my anger and jealousy to even notice who it was. Before I could stop myself, I pushed the person pulling me from behind and then I heard bottles breaking.

 

I looked back for a millisecond to see what happened and felt my heart drop. It was Chaerin. She was sitting on the floor which was covered with broken glass with a pained expression on her face and blood on her hands.

 

I felt my world stop for a second as I saw her like that. I did that. I did that.

 

I stood up shakily. I’m sure it was crowded where we are but all I could see was her sitting there. I can’t even bring myself to go to her. I was too embarrassed because I did that to her. When I was about to take a step closer to her, I felt myself being pulled away. Away from her.

 

“Let me go!! Yah!!!” I resisted and punched and kicked whoever the person behind me was. then I noticed the familiar tattoo on his forearm. “Cheng? Yah Cheng!!! You need to let me go right now!”

 

“Shut up Ji! And stop kicking me!” He said loudly and tugged me further away.

 

“Cheng! Let me go before I hurt you!!!” I said desperately as I was dragged further and further away from Chaerin. I couldn’t even see her at this point. There were too many people between us.

 

“What, like how you hurt Chaerin?!” he practically screamed and that made me stop my movements. I hurt Chaerin. I hurt Chaerin. I hurt her and everybody knows it.

 

I suddenly felt very emotional which was totally ridiculous since I was just so angry a minute ago. I felt the start of tears prickle my eyes.

 

“I didn’t mean to. I didn’t know. I… I…” I mumbled. The tears were threatening to fall but I stopped them. I won’t let them fall. Not with all these people looking at how miserable I probably look right now.

 

“Just come on Ji! Get some air!”

 

 

Everything happened so fast. One second they were talking and then the next, Jay was on the ground with a broken lip.

 

I saw fire in Jiyong’s eyes. If it was possible, he probably would’ve breathed fire too. He was so angry. Too angry to even notice that Jay wasn’t even fighting him at all.

 

I couldn’t see Jay in that position anymore. I know exactly what he was doing. He was just letting Jiyong hit him as a form of asking forgiveness. He was probably repenting for all the he has said and done to Jiyong and this was his way of saying sorry. But it was wrong. I couldn’t let him get beat up like this.

 

I jumped the counter to get to the other side and what I saw surprised me. Jay was a bloody mess. Like literally. His face was already beat up pretty good and it only have been merely a minute or less.

 

“Oh my God, stop it!!” I said and tried to pull Jiyong off him as best as I could but I was nothing compared to the strength of this raging man. Then Jiyong pushed me without looking back. He was strong so I stumbled back til I hit the people who were watching and their drinks fell to the ground, breaking. I slipped and caught my hand on the broken glass. It really hurt. I winced as I felt the little shards penetrate my skin.

 

I looked up and saw him staring at me. He looked so pained. Color left his face and he was just looking at me. My bloody hand in particular. Then he was pulled by Cheng and Dara was beside me with tears in her eyes.

 

“Oh my God Chaerin, are you okay?!” she frantically asked and pulled my hand to check it, probably. But I couldn’t get myself to tell her I’m okay. I keep remembering Jiyong’s pained expression and Jay's bruised face... Oh my gosh Jay!

 

“Jay…” that was all I could say. I worried that Jiyong might’ve done too much damage to him. He was still the guy that saved me, afterall.

 

“Don’t worry about him, the guys took him to the hospital already. We should go too and get these shards out of your hand.” Dara said and helped me get up. The people cleared the way for us. I just let Dara unnie lead us out the club and in my car. She drove me to the nearest hospital.

 

“Unnie, we don’t really need to go to the hospital. It’s not that bad.”

 

“Oh shush. What do you mean its not that bad?! You’re bleeding! What the hell was Jiyong doing?! I swear, I’m gonna kick his !” Unnie furiously said as she gripped the wheel.

 

“Unnie, its not his fault.” I defended him. It was a reflex action.

 

I saw unnie visibly sigh but she didn’t press on the issue. “I’m so sorry I couldn’t get to you sooner. There were too many people and they were crowding like crazy.”

 

“It’s okay unnie. Nothing bad happened…” I said and unnie frowned at me but didn’t say anything.

 

 

I saw Youngbae oppa approaching us as soon as we step in the hospital.

 

“Oppa…” I said when I saw him glaring at my direction. When he was in front of us, he suddenly grabbed my arm and flipped it over, examining it and wincing.

 

“What the hell were you thinking getting in the middle of a fight like that?!” His loud voice startled me. It was the first time he spoke to me like this. I suddenly felt tears prickling the back of my eyes but I didn’t dare let them out in front of him.

 

“Oppa, I’m fine. This is nothing.” I shrugged my hand out of his grasp and he groaned but said nothing more.

 

“Noona, are you okay?” his tone got softer when he talked to Dara unnie who was beside us.

 

“I’m fine, Bae.” Unnie smiled at him and he breathed out a sigh of relief. “Why don’t you get a nurse to help Chaerin get these glass shards out of her hand, would you?”

 

“Yeah, okay.” And Youngbae oppa turned towards the nurse’s station.

 

“He’s acting out as a brother, huh?” Dara chuckled.

 

“Yeah…” I smiled and remembered my brother in France. “He is.” I was really touched by the care that everyone was showing me. I really love these guys.

 

“Unnie~!”

 

“Pudong-ah!”

 

I heard from behind me and as soon as I turned, I was enveloped in a killer hug by Bom unnie and Mingkki.

 

“What happened?! Tabi called me saying that you were going to the hospital!” Bom unnie said.

 

“Girls… I can’t… I can’t breathe…” I struggled to say since they were hugging me too tight and I can’t exactly hug them too or push them away for that matter since my hands hurt like hell.

 

“Okay, that’s enough girls. Let’s get Chaerin checked out.” I heard Dara unnie say and saw Youngbae oppa coming close with a nurse beside him.

 

They stitched me up real quick and gave me some kind of healing cream or something. As soon as I walked out of the door, I was bombarded with questions by none other than Bommie unnie.

 

“What happened? Why’d you get hurt? Who did this? Huh? Yah Chaerin! Answer me!”

 

“Unnie~ give me time to breathe first.” I said as I held her shoulders. She looks really worried and angry. I’m used to it and I’m thankful to her every day for being such a caring unnie even though she can go crazy sometimes.

 

“Tabi~” I saw her attention shift to  whoever was behind me.

 

“Oh Bomna, you’re here.” TOP said as he directly went to Bom unnie and kissed her. They were sweet like that.

 

“Chaerin-ah, I’m glad you’re out. Wanna go see Jay?” TOP said.

 

. Jay. Right.

 

I nodded my head a bit vigorously. I really wanted to see how he was doing. I hope no serious damage happened.

 

We all went to Jay’s room but I was the only one who entered because we're not really close to him or anything. When I walked in, I found him just barely waking up.

 

“Ss-sup Chae?” he said weakly and tried to smile but failed miserably. He looked… bad. But better than what I expected. He had a cracked lip, swollen eye that’s beginning to turn black and cuts on his face.

 

“What the hell were you thinking?” the words left my lips before I knew it. “You did it on purpose didn’t you? You let him beat you without you even trying to defend yourself, didn’t you?!” my voice rose as I said that. I was suddenly feeling a bit angry. Of course I didn’t want them to beat each other up but purposely not defending himself as a way to ask for forgiveness was just wrong.

 

“Chaerin…” He said in a low voice.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Are your hands okay?” he asked. I totally forgot about my hands. I looked down at my bandaged hands.  They didn’t even hurt anymore.

 

I nodded to answer his question.

 

“Good. I’m really sorry about what happened. But it had to happen. Jiyong has all this rage stored up and that’s not healthy. He needed an outlet and I just happened to volunteer.” He said in between coughs.

 

“So what? You a martyr now?” I couldn’t help the sarcasm in my voice.

 

Jay smiled weakly. “I’m not trying to be anything. Think of it as me helping him out. I owe him this much.” He said softly. I can feel his tiredness. His eyes were slowly closing already but he’s fighting it. This guy really!

 

“Okay.” I didn’t want to argue with him. He's hurt. What’s done is done. I didn’t want to fight him because he had a point. Jiyong has all his anger kept in and he needed to let it out. “I hope you heal real soon. Don’t do anything stupid again, okay?” I said as I squeezed his hand.

 

“Yes ma’am.” He said just above a whisper and not even five seconds after, he was already fast asleep.

 

“Rest well.” I said and headed straight to the door to go to where my heart desperately wants to go.

 

I opened the door and he was there. Standing right in front of me, less than a ruler separating the two of us. His breathing seemed rugged, judging from  the rise and fall of his chest. I looked up and searched his eyes and he looked down, directly staring at me with eyes so cold it sent chills down my spine. I’ve always imagined us being this close again. I wanted to say so much. To explain and ask forgiveness but only one word managed to escape my lips.

 

Jiyong.”


Hi guys! I'm really sorry for the super late update. I hope you enjoy it though. Thanks for reading! God bless!