Chapter 19

The Chasing Game

“Mino!” Jiyong called out as he neared the very familiar figure. The man turned around and a grin slowly formed on his face.

 

“Hyung! Long-time no see! What are you doing here?” Mino said as they fist bumped and man hugged.

 

“I should ask you the same question. What’re you doing here? You attending Legacy?”

 

“Oh. No hyung. I came for the event.” He said as he took a swig at his beer.

 

“What event is happening tonight anyway?” Jiyong asked.

 

Mino looked at him bewildered at first then then nodded in realization.

 

“Oh yeah. I forgot you weren’t in the game anymore. Well, tonight’s a battle.” The younger said.

 

“Battle?” Jiyong frowned. “Why are they holding a battle in a club?” he said, unimpressed. They usually had battles in less known places. Not places crawling with just anybody.

 

“It’s not just some battle, hyung. There are managers, scouts and some press involved.”

 

Jiyong nodded. “So you battling tonight?”

 

“Nope. I’m just here for a performance.” He smiled proudly.

 

“That’s great. How’s everything?” Jiyong asked vaguely but they both understood what he meant.

 

“Well, there are a lot of new rappers. Some are pretty good but none beats you and TOP hyung.” Mino said, full praise for the older one.

 

Jiyong just smiled at the other. When they started rapping, Mino was just a kid that wanted to ride along with the cool guys and they let him roll with them because he was such a determined young boy. Always so eager to learn about rap. Now, he was well known in their circle too. Branding him as their prodigy.

 

“Who’s on top right now?” Jiyong asked, half curious and half not wanting to know. Before he left that part of his life, he was on top and ever since then, he didn’t get involved in anything related to it. It has been a year since then and seeing Mino again was very refreshing but somehow caused him a bit of pain too, remembering a part of his life he gave up. A part he loved deeply.

 

“You’re gonna hate this, but its Jay. Jay Park.” Mino said regretfully. He knew if Jiyong just wouldn’t have left he would still be on top with TOP either following close behind or on the same spot.

 

Jiyong’s jaw clenched but he nodded.

 

“Hyung! I’m just gonna get another drink, want one?” Mino said, disposing his empty bottle.

 

“Yeah sure. Vodka. Come see me over there.” Jiyong pointed to the spot always reserved for them and Mino nodded.

 

 

“Oh my God hyung.” Mino said, slumping on the couch and handed Jiyong his drink.

 

“What?” Jiyong said in amusement.

 

“The bartender is hot! She poured drinks and I could smell swag and y oozing off her.”

 

Jiyong chuckled. “Oh really?” he said amused while taking a sip from his glass.

 

“Damn, she’s hot!” Mino said again but before he could continue.

 

“Well well, look who’s here.” TOP said as he sat in front of them.

 

“Hyungs!” Mino bowed a held his fist out which TOP and the other guys bumped.

 

“Haven’t seen you in a long time kid. How’s it goin’?” Youngbae asked.

 

“Same old. Still hot with the ladies.” Mino said smugly, earning him ‘boos’ and ‘yucks’ from the guys.

 

“What brings you here kid?” TOP asked.

 

“There’s a battle tonight.” He said and pointed towards the makeshift stage. “I’m performing.”

 

The boys nodded. “Who’s battling?” Seungri asked.

 

“Jay and some new guy from another circle.” Mino waved off, as if sure that the guy didn’t stand a chance.

 

“Jay Park? He’s here?” Daesung seethed in anger. Ever since what happened in the bar, both groups avoided any and all contact with each. They hardly even saw each other ever since Jiyong put him on a hospital bed. All their classes were changed so that they had none in common.

 

“Easy Dae.” Jiyong said, earning looks from the others. He wasn’t really the type to contain anger when it comes to Jay.

 

“I don’t want a fight tonight, especially when we’re with the girls.” Jiyong said, knowing that anytime, Minzy, Bom and Yuri would appear. And as if God read his mind…

 

“Hi oppa~” Minzy said and directly sat on Daesung’s lap.

 

“Hi babe.” Daesung said and kissed her.

 

“Annyeong.” Both Bom and Yuri said as they approached their significant other.

 

“Whew. Aren’t you gonna introduce me to these beautiful ladies?” Mino said, smiling flirtatiously at the ladies and Jiyong just laughed.

 

“Mino, this is Bom, Minzy and Yuri.” Youngbae took the initiative to introduce them since the others looked like they had no intention to.

 

“Nice to meet you ladies.” Mino said and shook all their hands, earning an amused smile from the chicks and glares from the guys.

 

“So I guess you’re all together then?” Mino asked.

 

“You think?” Seungri said sarcastically.

 

Mino raised both arms up. “Just makin’ sure.” He said coolly. “So what about you two hyungs?” he said motioning to Youngbae and Jiyong.

 

“My girl’s coming here later. She’s serving at the bar.” Youngbae said while pouring himself a drink from the bottle that the waiter just put on their table.

 

“Wait, are you talking about the blonde?” Mino asked wide eyed.

 

“Nope. Brown hair. Gorgeous face.” Youngbae said and smiled.

 

“Hoo.” Mino huffed. “Thank God you weren’t talking about the hot blonde with that amazing and glorious thighs. God. I wanna go back there just to stare at her pour some drinks and I’ll be satisfied.” Mino said ecstatically.

 

“Hot blonde, huh?” TOP asked, amused. All of the people in the table were amused and just waiting for Jiyong’s reaction but he just stayed quiet while sipping his drink.

 

“Yeah!” Mino said excitedly. “Do you know her?” he said expectantly to the people around the table.

 

“Oh we more than know her, honey.” Bom said.

 

“Really? You think you can introduce her to me? Or better yet, you think you could give me her number?” he asked with hope. And they burst out laughing. They couldn’t take it anymore. He was too happy.

 

“How about you ask Jiyong for it.” TOP said. “She’s his girl, anyway.” He added and looked directly at Mino to gauge his reaction.

 

Mino turned to Jiyong with his jaw dropped and he covered his mouth with his hand. “Hyung…” he didn’t know what to say. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me! I was talking about her like that and you didn’t tell me. Oh my gahh! I’m so sorry!!”

 

Jiyong chuckled and patted his back. “I couldn’t bring myself to crush your dreams, kiddo.” He said coolly and tossed back his drink. “All that talk about my girl made me miss her. I’ll be back.” He stood up and headed straight to the bar leaving the others who were still laughing at the dumbfounded Mino.

 

 

“A shot of your special babe!” he said. Chaerin turned to him and pecked his cheek.

 

“Comin’ right up!”

 

She served him his drink and continued serving the others. He stayed there for a while, just watching her as she moved effortlessly graceful while serving drinks.

 

“Chae!” Jiyong waved her over. She came to him with a raised eyebrow. “You should put my jacket on. Your dress hikes up too much when you reach up for something.”

 

She smiled at him, amused. “Babe, we’re in a club. I can’t wear a jacket. I’ll sweat like hell.” She said, running her hand on the shaved side of his head.

 

“Please?” Jiyong pouted at her and leaned in to her touch.

 

“Gosh. You’re a kid.” She bent down and reached for something and the next thing he knew was she was already wearing the jacket he gave her earlier. She rolled up the sleeves up to her elbow because it was too big on her.

 

“Thanks babe. I feel better now.” He said, beaming at her.

 

“Good. At least one of us does.” She smiled and walked away to go talk to Dara and get orders.

 

It was half past 11 when the MC finally took hold of the mic and announced that the event would start shortly, making the crowd shout in excitement. It was close to impossible to maneuver around the club but Jiyong still managed to go to Chaerin from time to time and return back to their table.

 

At about 12 the music turned up and the crowd became wilder when the MC took the stage again and started talking about rap and introducing the people participating. Chaerin was informed that it would be a rap battle and her interest piqued. She had always been the hip hop kind of girl and not the sweet, lolly music type.

 

One rapper after the other took the stage as somewhat a warm up before the battle. Some were entertaining but some just didn’t have what it takes to keep the crowd alive. Then a weird beat turned up making Chaerin bob her head. There weren’t as many people ordering since everyone was practically watching the show.

 

Mino started rapping his piece.

 

Chaerin stood on a small bench to get a better look at the performer because he sure as hell knew how to pump up the crowd. Plus, his song was sick! It was really catchy and the type of song you just wanted to lose yourself to. Dara and her both stood side by side on a bench while moving their bodies and rolling their hips together.

 

Mino caught sight of them and pointed appreciatively, making some heads turn to their direction and howl and cat call.

 

“Yo. Your girls are putting on a show.” TOP said nodding to the girls’ direction at the bar.

 

Both Jiyong and Youngbae turned to their direction with unamused eyes. They looked hot, absolutely yes but of course jealousy dripped from the boys knowing that every live male and even some female were watching them.

 

Jiyong stood up first then followed by Youngbae and headed to their direction.

 

“Uh-oh. I smell something brewing.” Minzy said.

 

“Nah. They’ll get over it. Just a kiss will make their jealousy go away.” Daesung said and continued playing with Minzy’s hand.

 

“So I can dance like that in front of everyone and you won’t get mad?” She said sweetly to her boyfriend.

 

“Now that’s different. Don’t you dare try it.” He said seriously, only half joking.

 

 

“Come on. Show’s over.” Jiyong said holding his hand up to Chaerin who was still moving to the beat.

 

“Aww. Come on Ji. We’re just havin’ fun!” Chaerin whined but took Jiyong’s hand anyway.

 

“Come have fun with me then.” He said gripping her hand.

 

“I can’t. Not yet anyway. I still have a few hours on.” She said looking at her watch. It was 12:47.

 

“What? You’ve been there for almost three hours already!” Jiyong was the one to whine this time.

 

“Well, I can’t just leave Dara unnie alone. Plus. It’s just an hour more.” Chaerin pecked his lips to appease him.

 

“Fine. But no more dancing like that.” he said and let go of her hand.

 

“Okay dad. You can go back to your table now.” Chaerin waved him off and he just chuckled.

 

“Tsk. Kill joys.” Dara murmured when Youngbae left to go back to their table.

 

“Tell me about it.” Chaerin rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh hey. Jay’s here. Just a heads up.” Dara said.

 

“I kind of guessed. But he still hasn’t showed up at the bar so that’s a good thing.” Chaerin said.

 

“Oh don’t talk too early. Behind you.” Dara nodded and Chaerin turned, only to be faced with the guy she most likely wouldn’t want to see ever again.

 

“G-Dragon huh? I never would’ve pegged you to be that girl.” Jay smirked eyeing her jacket.

 

Chaerin frowned. ‘What that does that mean?’ She thought. “What’s that supposed to mean?” she said a bit offended already.

 

“I just never thought you would ever let anybody brand you.” Jay said.

 

“What? I didn’t let anybody brand me.” Chaerin said confused and a bit annoyed.

 

“Your jacket definitely says otherwise.” Jay mumbled.

 

Chaerin decided to ignore him. He’s not worth the time anyway. “Look, if you’re not going to order then leave.” She said flatly.

 

Jay sighed. “I just wanna apologize for disrespecting your cousin last time.” Jay said laying his hands on the bar.

 

“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to her.” Chaerin said glaring at him.

 

“I’m gonna do that but I felt like I should apologize to you too.”

 

“Noted.” Chaerin said. “So are you gonna order or not?”

 

“I’ll have a shot of Bacardi.” Jay said.

 

And just after he took down the shot, his name was being called by the MC.

 

“See you later Chae.” He said after putting some bills on the counter.

 

“Or not.” Chaerin mumbled.

 

“What did he want?” Dara asked when Jay left.

 

Chaerin just shook her head and shrugged. Before she could even open her mind to respond she was turned around again by a strong grip.

 

 

Jiyong had a frown on his handsome face when he looked at the bar’s direction and saw Chaerin talking with some guy. He was annoyed but of course kept his cool. He promised her he’d behave anyway. He was doing good in being chill but as soon as he recognized the figure talking to Chaerin, he stood up abruptly and charged towards the bar, startling the guys. Unfortunately, Jay already left when he reached her. She had her back facing him so he reached for her and turned her around. She looked annoyed but her expression softened when she realized it was him.

 

“Was that Jay?” Jiyong asked ice cold. For some reason he was getting pissed and Chaerin was the one in front of him right now so he was sort of channelling all that to her.

 

“Yeah.” Chaerin said, gently trying to pry her arm away from his death grip.

 

“Why were you talking to him? What did he want?” Jiyong asked, not letting go. As every second passed, he started to become more pissed. First, because Jay just really pissed the hell out of him and second because Chaerin talked to him.  He knew it was petty but still, it pissed him off. She should’ve just ignored him when he approached her or something.

 

“Nothing. He just ordered.” Chaerin said, not knowing why Jiyong was so angry but decided to be the bigger person and not get mad at him for getting mad at her for no reason. She didn’t wanna add fuel to the flame.

 

“Well, that’s one long order.” He said, still with that tone.

 

Chaerin roughly pulled her arm away, having enough.

 

“Why are you so pissed, anyway?” she asked, trying to keep cool.

 

“Why? I don’t know. Maybe because I saw my girlfriend talking to the one person she clearly knew I couldn’t stand!” He said seething in anger.

 

“What the hell is your problem Ji? Nothing happened! He just freaking ordered!” Chaerin said in a raised voice earning some looks all around. They were starting to cause a scene.

 

“Alright alright. That’s enough you two.” Dara said coming closer. “Ji, nothing happened. He just ordered.” Dara said again to try and neutralize the situation.

 

“Stay out of this Dara.” He said venomously. That was the last straw. Chaerin got totally pissed. Sure he can be angry at her but why did he need to get angry at Dara too.

 

“You know what,” Chaerin started while taking off his jacket that she was wearing “I don’t need a ride home. Don’t bother waiting for me.” She tossed him the jacket and turned around half wanting him to reach for her and say sorry but what he said totally shocked her.

 

“Fine. Don’t bother waiting for me tomorrow morning too.” He said still ice cold.

 

She turned around and all she saw was his back walking away from her. She swallowed deeply. Was that it? Had they broken up? Her heart began to thump faster and faster. She was still stuck on the spot. She clutched her chest to somewhat try to stabilize the rapid beating but it was no help at all.

 

“Chae, you okay?” a soft voice said while rubbing her back.

 

She didn’t know what look she had on but Dara’s eyes grew even bigger when she turned to face her.

 

“Oh my God, you don’t look too good Chae. You’re paler than paper! You should sit.” Dara guided her to sit on the bench they stood on not long ago.

 

Chaerin couldn’t speak. ‘What the hell happened?’ that’s the question that’s been running round her head.

 

“What happened?” she managed to croak out. felt so dry.

 

“Chae just breathe for a minute. I’ll get you water.” Dara said rushing up and pouring a glass of water. It was a good thing that no one was ordering right now and that everyone was so engrossed at what was happening on stage.

 

Dara handed her the water but Chaerin was stiff as a board, unmoving.

 

“Chae, please just drink this first and breathe. You look like you’re about to pass out.” Dara worriedly said and placed the back of her hand on Chaerin’s forehead.

 

Chaerin took the glass with a shaking hand and gulped it all down but she didn’t feel better. Not even a bit. She was still absorbing what happened just a little while ago but her mind seemed to process nothing.

 

“Chae, you should just call it a night. I’ll take you home.” Dara said but Chaerin was still unmoving.

 

She sat there for about ten minutes and as the minutes passed, the empty feeling inside just turned to confusion then anger.

 

‘What the just happened?!!’


HEY! To whoever is still reading this, I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. Really sorry. Just been busy. Anyway, I hope you enoy it. I'm working on the next chapter now and hopefully I'll finish it soon. Fingers crossed. :) God bless you all! Tell me what you think?