Chapter 12

The Chasing Game

“I feel like I was cheated.” They were on their way home. The party ended and so it was time to go. They volunteered to help clean the ginormous house but Jiyong said he got it covered. The way out of the house took a huge amount of effort. There were passed out people everywhere probably drunk out of their minds.

 

“Don’t you think? I mean how the hell could he have guessed my number?” Chaerin still couldn’t get over the fact that she owed him a date.

 

“Maybe he was extremely lucky, Pudong-ah.” Bom said, focused on the road while Minzy was passed out in the backseat.

 

“That’s unlikely.”

 

“Come on Chae. It’s not like you’re gonna marry him, it’s just a date. And Jiyong seems like a good guy. I mean he is a good guy. We’ve known him for a month now and he hasn’t done anything for us to be mad about.”

 

“U-unnie izzz rwayt” their drunk friend from the back said making them both chuckle.

 

“Yeah. It’s just a date. Okay.” She didn’t know why she was bothered by it. She used to just go on dates with guys and it was fun. But in the past she was sure that they were just flings but it feels really different now.

 

……

 

“Thanks about the game guys.” A very happy Jiyong said. They were all in his room.

 

“No prob. We had to do it or else you wouldn’t get a date with her ever.” Youngbae said while drinking water. He didn't want a hangover.

 

“Yah! I can get a date with her on my own.”

 

“Rrright.”

 

“Sheesh. Whatever guys. And why the hell is Seungri so drunk again? We were all together for the whole night!” Jiyong kicked Seungri’s leg to try and wake him up. It took a lot of effort for Youngbae and Jiyong to carry the kid up to his room because TOP is too fab to carry anything.

 

“Well while you were busy staring at Chaerin, him, Daesung and Minzy were busy taking shots.”

 

“That’s why this dude is no help too!” Jiyong kicked Daesung’s leg this time. The youngest ones were already asleep on his bed so the three of them had no choice but to sleep elsewhere.

 

“These kids are gonna pay for this.” TOP groaned as he settled himself on the couch.

 

“What’re you getting mad about? We’re the ones sleeping on the floor!” Jiyong whined. Actually there were guest rooms in the house where they all could have their own beds and everything but whenever they had ‘sleep overs’ they wanted to be just in one room.

 

Youngbae didn’t say anything. He couldn’t. He was already fast asleep on the floor.

 

……

 

“Hi there.”

 

“Hey.” Chaerin closed the book she was reading.

 

“You read a lot. Don’t you?” Jiyong said picking up the book she was reading.

 

“You follow me a lot. Don’t you? How do you even know I was here?” Chaerin took back the book and placed it on her lap. She was killing time in the library waiting for her next class.

 

Jiyong just smiled at her response. He’s getting used to her always acting uninterested. The ladies would give all their attention to him when he’s around but it seemed like she didn’t have a second of her day to give him attention.

 

“So about the party and the game…”

 

“You cheated didn’t you?” Chaerin looked at him with squinted eyes.

 

“N-no. I didn’t.” Jiyong turned away. It was hard lying while looking at her cat eyes.

 

“Yeah right.”

 

“Fine! I did.” Jiyong suddenly blurted out surprising Chaerin. It surprised her that he actually owned up to it. He didn’t seem like the type of guy.

 

...“So when’s the date?”

 

“What?” Jiyong turned and saw her reading her book again. Did she really just ask that?

 

“You heard me.” She flipped a page.

 

“I said I cheated.” Jiyong said still looking at her.

 

“So you don’t want the date?” she put down the book and looked at him.

 

“Of course I want it! How about tomorrow?” Jiyong said with a spark in his eye.

 

“Not this week. Exams are coming.” Chaerin said, opening her book and reading again.

 

“Oh right… then how ‘bout after it? Just tell me when you're free.” He couldn't hide the excitement in his voice.

 

“Okay.” Chaerin put her book in her bag and took some papers out. “Here.” she said handing them out to him. “We’re even now.”

 

He looked at the papers and sure enough. Her notes.

 

 

“What’s up with you guys and notes? Is it your thing or something?” Youngbae said reading the very neat and complete notes that Chaerin gave Jiyong.

 

Jiyong was all smiles the whole day. He couldn’t stop thinking about the date thing.

 

“It can be.” Jiyong said happily.

 

“Maybe she just feels bad for you because you’re about to fail the subject and you skipped like half the term.” Seungri said eating a burger.

 

They were all in Jiyong’s house. It was their ritual ever since high school. Just before any exam or test they would ‘study’ together but they always ended up playing video games, watching tv or just going out to party.

 

“Shut up. Don’t kill my vibe.” Jiyong said taking the notes back from Youngbae.

 

“Wait! I’m reading it!”

 

“You have your own!” Jiyong said and started to look at the pieces of paper again and smiled.

 

“So selfish…” Youngbae rolled his eyes.

 

“Let’s go out!” TOP said, because he almost fell asleep while reading his notes which were just mostly unfinished sentences.

 

“Yeah~” Seungri said getting excited.

 

“I can’t. My parents will kill me if I fail.” Youngbae said. Owning the university isn’t always a good thing. He didn’t wanna embarrass his family and fail in his own school.

 

“I’m with Youngbae on this one.”

 

Everyone looked at Jiyong weirdly.

 

“What?”

 

“You actually want to study?” Daesung asked.

 

“Why not? I actually have something to study now. See?” he raised the notes he was holding.

 

“You’ve changed. I’m so proud of you!” TOP said going to Jiyong and hugging him.

 

“Oh God. I think you’ve been hanging around Bom noona too long.” Jiyong said prying away his hyung’s arms.

 

“I guess we have to stay in then. I don’t wanna miss seeing Jiyong study.” TOP said, picking back up what he was previously reading.

 

“What? NO! You guys are no fun!” Seungri whined but got no response from them. They were all busy reading leaving him no choice but to study too.

 

……

 

‘Yes!’ Chaerin was all smiles. She handed over her last test to the teacher and was filled with joy and relief that the exams were over.

 

“Hey unnie.” Minzy said, sitting beside her in the cafeteria.

 

“Hey. How was your day?” Chaerin asked taking a biteful of a chocolate bar.

 

“Horrible. I think I might’ve failed my exam.” Minzy took Chaerin’s chocolate and started eating it.

 

“I’m sure you didn’t.” Chaerin said, trying to reassure the younger to which Minzy just smiled.

 

A few seconds later someone suddenly sat beside Minzy and slumped his head down on the table. It was Daesung and not even a minute after the other four followed and sat on the circular table with them, all slumping down with their heads on the table.

 

“What’s up with you guys?” Chaerin asked.

 

“I’m so tiiired.” Youngbae said, sitting up straight and rubbing his red eyes.

 

“I can’t feel my fingers anymore.” Seungri said sitting up and closing and opening his hands in front of his face.

 

“I don’t think I have brain cells anymore.” TOP said.

 

“But I think we’ll pass the test.” Jiyong said sitting up and looking at the boys. “It’s the first time we studied.”

 

“Yeah. Hyung’s right.” Daesung said, his angelic smile returning to his face.

 

“Wow. That was a fast change in the mood.” Minzy said, finishing the chocolate.

 

“Tell me about it.” Chaerin was amused by the unusual behaviour of the guys. “So about our outing thing…” Chaerin was supposed to tell the she couldn’t go but as soon as she mentioned ‘outing’ everyone started getting excited and pitching ideas to what they should do. She didn’t have the heart to turn them down now.

 

“Let’s go to the beach!” Seungri said.

 

“Tsk. You just want to see ladies in bikinis.” Youngbae said.

 

“You do too.” Seungri said, making all the guys quiet. Probably feeling guilty.

 

“But the nearest beach is like 5 hours away. I don’t wanna travel that long.” TOP said and the rest agreed.

 

“How about the amusement park?” Minzy suggested.

 

“Yeah. It’s just an hour away, I think.” Chaerin said.

 

“Yeah. Let’s go there. I miss the roller coaster.” Youngbae excitedly said.

 

“I don’t think…” Seungri started to disagree with the idea, remembering his terrible experience in a roller coaster.

 

“Chickening out?” Chaerin asked teasingly.

 

“What? Of course not.” Seungri said, broadening his shoulders.

 

“Then there should be no problem.” Chaerin smiled evilly. “Is anybody chickening out?” She asked and got no reply from the guys. She was pretty good at intimidating people. “Good then. I’ll tell unnie about it. She’ll love it.” She said happily.

 

 

“WHAT?! Are you serious?!” Bom was shocked to hear that they already planned to go to an amusement park. She totally didn’t expect that.

 

“Yes unnie. It’s all set now. Everybody agreed. Come on, it will be fun!” Chaerin said sweetly trying to convince the older.

 

“But I was thinking of something more you know, romantic.” Bom said shyly.

 

“What? Why? We’re all just friends… right?” Chaerin tried to see Bom’s reaction.

 

“Oh yeah… right.” Bom said disappointedly.

 

“And besides even if we paired up just like what you are thinking I think it would be unfair to me, Jiyong, Youngbae oppa and Seungri.”

 

“It won’t be unfair to you. You’ll have Jiyong.” Bom said teasingly. “I heard from uncle he’s your boyfriend so no problem! And well, I suppose you could call Dara to join us. I mean we like her. I think she’ll fit with us.” Bom said smiling. “Aaand I’m sure Seungri can find someone to be with.”

 

“So you’re trying to set up Dara unnie with Youngbae oppa?” Chaerin said, with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Well… yeah. She’s a gorgeous lady and Youngbae’s not bad.”

 

“But that means that we’ll all be stuck with who our partner’s gonna be and I’m pretty sure I know who I’d be paired with.” Chaerin sighed.

 

“Oh come on, Chaerin-ah. I don’t know why you’re like that to Jiyongie, not everyone’s an and I can see he really likes you and maybe you like him too that’s why you’re always so scared to be with him.” Bom said softly so she wouldn’t offend the younger one. Chaerin can be really scary when she gets angry.

 

“Please unnie, stop with the ‘I like him’ already.” Chaerin stood up from the sofa and made her way to her bedroom “I’ll call Dara unnie and check if she wants to come.”

 

“YAAY!!!” Bom squealed.


A very special day :) Happy Birthday to our one and only, to our one of a kind leader! Let's all enjoy this day with him!