Chapter 29

The Chasing Game

Boog boog boog.

 

“YAH!” Bom continued to beat on the door with no success.

 

“Come on, Bommie. We both know that door isn’t gonna open soon. Let’s just leave them to talk.” Dara said while pulling on Bom’s arm.

 

“But—“ Bom tried to resist but what was she fighting for? She wants Chaerin to be happy and they all know it was Jiyong who could make her happy. She sighed and nodded her head, giving up. But she swore if Jiyong didn’t fix his act, she really will cut his balls.

 

“Come on, let’s go help Minzy with breakfast.” Dara calmly said and led the older downstairs.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Chaerin asked again while looking at him, still kneeling in front of her.

 

“Please forgive me Chaerin. I’m so sorry.” Jiyong said looking down at the floor. He didn’t know how to face her yet.

 

“Stand up. Stop kneeling!” Chaerin said in a louder voice. She didn’t want to see him like this.

 

“I was a jerk, an , an idiot. All that and more. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean anything I said in the hospital. I—I was just mad and jealous and hurt. I d-didn’t know what the hell I was saying. I’m so sorry Chaerin.” Jiyong already had tears forming in his eyes. “About that night…” he didn’t need to point out which night exactly because they both knew what he was talking about. Chaerin gasped a little, so he knew. “…what happened in the club… I… I’ll kill those motherers.” Jiyong said venomously.

 

Chaerin was surprised he already knew about what happened. Is that why he’s here right now? She thought. He’s probably just feeling guilty about how he acted towards her now that he knows what happened. Chaerin couldn’t help to think that Jiyong just pities her and just sympathizes about what happened. She shook her head.

 

“Stand up. I don’t need your pity.” Chaerin said and turned around, facing the bright sun that has already reached its peak. Tears started forming in her eyes.

 

“Pity? You think that’s why I’m here right now? To show you pity?” Jiyong said softly.

 

Chaerin on the other hand couldn’t stop the tears that have formed in her eyes. They were now free falling and she couldn’t do anything about it.

 

“Chae…” Jiyong saw the rise and fall of her shoulders and couldn’t help himself. He immediately stood up and wrapped Chaerin in his embrace.

 

“Stop it! Go away! I don’t need your pity!” Chaerin fought him off uselessly since she didn’t want to anyway.

 

“Shhhh… I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Jiyong murmured to soothe her.

 

“Let me go.” Chaerin murmured still lightly punching Jiyong’s chest but Jiyong held her close.

 

“I can’t. I won’t.” He said and kissed the top of her head making Chaerin cry harder.

 

“I hate you.” Chaerin said in between her sobs.

 

“I love you.” Jiyong said even though it hurt him to hear her say that.

 

Chaerin continued crying her heart out. All the emotions from last night were coming back and she couldn’t stop them.

 

Jiyong continued murmuring sorry’s and I love you’s to Chaerin who continued sniffing and crying.

 

They didn’t know how long they stayed like that but Jiyong didn’t care. As long as he had Chaerin in his arms, that’s all that matters.

 

Boog boog boog.

 

“Yah! Are you planning on coming out?!” Bom yelled.

 

Jiyong sighed. He didn’t want to let go now but of course Chaerin got off his hold, wiped away the remains of her tears and went to the door.

 

“What the hell happened to you?!” Bom shrieked as soon as the door opened because what greeted her was the swollen, red face of Chaerin.

 

“Nothing unnie.” Chaerin weakly said.

 

“Yah. Kwon Jiyong! What the hell did you do again?!”

 

“Unnie. Come on.” Chaerin stopped Bom before she could go any closer to Jiyong who was standing behind her.

 

Chaerin pulled Bom out towards the stairs and to the living room and Jiyong just weakly followed them.

 

When they got to the living room, Chaerin was surprised to see all their friends there. They all turned their attention towards Chaerin and Jiyong, probably wondering if they made up or what.

 

“Hey Chae.” Youngbae was the first one to break the awkward silence.

 

“H-hey.” Chaerin croaked. Her voice hoarse and sore probably because of all the crying. As soon as Jiyong heard her voice, he immediately went to her side to see if she was okay but Chaerin didn’t even look at him.

 

“Food’s set and ready.” Minzy said walking out of the kitchen. “Oh. Unnie… y-you hungry?” she awkwardly asked.

 

Chaerin smiled at her dongsaeng and nodded her head.

 

“Well let’s eat then. I’m hungry too.” Bom said and they all followed her towards the dining room.

 

Awkward wouldn’t even fit to describe the atmosphere they had right now. Chaerin ended up sitting in front of Jiyong and Jiyong wouldn’t even hide the fact that he was always looking or more like staring at her. There wasn’t a second that he took his eyes off her, making Chaerin unnecessarily conscious and uncomfortable.

 

The others were just silent and just looking at each other silently asking them to start a conversation or just kill the awkward silence that enveloped them all. Well, apart from Bom who already started eating.

 

“Great job with the cooking, Minji-ah.” Dara started off.

 

“Thanks unnie.” The youngest of them all replied still a bit awkward.

 

“You’re the best Mingkki-ah.” Daesung said and showed his eye smile making Minji blush deeply.

 

And once again the awkward silence came.

 

“Chae.” Jiyong said.

 

Unknowingly, everyone stopped their chewing, slicing or whatever is it that they were doing with their food and looked at Chaerin who didn’t even look up to look at the man who said her name.

 

“Chae.” He repeated, silently wishing that Chaerin would meet his eyes. The food was great he could tell but he could barely taste anything because he can’t do anything without fixing things with Chaerin.

 

Nobody said anything.

 

Riiiiing. Riiiing.

 

Everybody jumped at the sound.

 

“.” Jiyong cursed under his breath and took his phone out. Dami noona. He pondered if he would take it or not but decided he should since his noona only calls when it really is important.

 

“I’m sorry, I’ll just take this for a sec.” he said specifically to the silent Chaerin and rushed out of the room.

 

Chaerin let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Bom asked.

 

Chaerin smiled faintly and nodded her head.

 

Soon after, they finished their meal and cleaned up but Jiyong still did not return.

 

Chaerin was curious and partly worried about where he is but of course she didn’t say a peep.

 

“Hey guys, Ji just texted me. He said he had to go.” Youngbae said to everyone.

 

Chaerin practically had to physically stop herself from asking why so she bit her lower lip.

 

“Did he say why?” Dara asked and Chaerin was grateful for that.

 

“Nope.” Youngbae said popping the p.

 

 

“Hey Lydia!” Jiyong hugged the younger girl waiting for him at the café near their university.

 

“Hi oppa, what’s up? Why’d you ask to meet?” Lydia asked they made themselves comfortable in the small corner of the café.

 

“Yeah uhm… I need a little help.” Jiyong said while intertwining his hands on top of the table, looking all serious.

 

“Wooow. G-Dragon needs my help. I’m excited!” Lydia squealed cutely, making Jiyong chuckle at her reaction. He always had a soft spot for Lydia. She is the younger sister he always wished he had.

 

“Well, don’t get too excited.” Jiyong smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

“Yah!” Lydia squealed.

 

“Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me on a track I that’s been playing on my mind for some time now.” Jiyong said.

 

“Okay, I’m listening.” Lydia said with her game face on. She wanted to help her older brother in whatever it is he had in mind.


I'm so sorry for this lacking chapter, I had a hard time writing this but I really wanted to post something to show I haven't abandoned this story. I'll do my best in the next chapters :) I hope you continue reading this :) God bless!