Chapter 31

The Chasing Game

“Where do you think they went to?” The ever so curious maknae asked his friends who were now just chillin’ in a café near the club.

 

“I don’t know. Probably somewhere they could talk privately.” Dara answered as she sipped on her hot choco.

 

“Somewhere private where they can make up for lost time.” Seungri said while moving his eyebrows suggestively.

 

TOP threw fries at him and shook his head disapprovingly. “You really are a ert.”

 

“What? I’m just sayin’” Seungri countered with both hands innocently raised and ate the fries the older threw him.

 

“Anyway, let’s just hope they figure everything out by tomorrow. I can’t take anymore of Jiyong’s in class. He’s always looking for ways to catch her attention, acting stupid, disturbing the whole class and all.” Youngbae said disapprovingly and gulped on his beer.

 

“Oh yeah. I heard about that. I heard Miss Kim had to personally push his shoulders down just so he’ll sit down.” Daesung said chuckling.

 

“He’s in too deep.” Seungri said.

 

“Well he should be.” Bom said finishing up her donut.

 

“You want another one?” TOP asked her and she responded with a sweet smile. TOP nodded and went to the counter to order another one.

 

“Chae unnie is in deep too.” Minzy said yawning. “She really likes him. I know these past days have been hell for her too. I caught her the other day staring at their picture on her phone.”

 

“Oh that’s nothing compared to hyung. He was practically drooling over their photo. He even has it as his wallpaper.” Seungri said.

 

“If you only saw his room.” Youngbae smirked, remembering the time he went to wake up Jiyong in his room. He saw pictures of Jiyong and Chaerin on his nightstand and even a couple on the wall.

 

“I think we should go. Minzy’s about to pass out.” Daesung said while pointing at his girl who was leaning on his shoulder and about to fall down from her seat.

 

“Yeah. I’m sleepy too.” Dara said and started getting some cash from her purse but Youngbae stopped her.

 

“We got this.” He smiled sweetly at her.

 

TOP put some cash on the table and they left.

 

 

“Where are we going?” Chaerin asked while playing with her fingers. She was nervous? Excited? A mix of both?

 

“You’ll see.” Jiyong said and smiled at her sweetly. He couldn’t keep his emotions at bay. He was so happy. So happy that he was with Chaerin. So happy that he’ll have the chance to properly talk to her and get her back.

 

Chaerin looked outside the window and all she saw were lights. It was beautiful. What she was feeling was beautiful too. She felt safe with Jiyong. She felt right.

 

“We’re almost there.” Jiyong said.

 

Chaerin recongized the place but not in this way. It was the Kwon’s restaurant but it was renovated. It wasn’t like this the last time she was here. She thought that Jiyong would park and they’d go inside but he kept driving just past the restaurant.

 

“Where--?” Chaerin was about to ask where he was going but then she saw the white gazebo set up in the middle of the place. It was lined with white lights and roses. The walkway towards it was also showered with rose petals.

 

“We’re here.” Jiyong said and let out a breath. He was waiting for her reaction. Any reaction. But Chaerin maintained a perfect poker face.

 

“What’s all this?” She asked and turned to him.

 

“It’s… it’s for you.” Jiyong said getting a bit nervous. Was it too much?

 

“Why?” Chaerin asked looking right at him.

 

“I want to talk. Properly. We haven’t had any real or proper conversation for the past weeks and that’s what I really wanted to have.”

 

“But why all this?” Chaerin gestured towards the set-up. it’s not that she didn’t like it. She loved it. She thought it was beautiful but she didn’t want to make it too easy for Jiyong. “We could have just talked in the club or in this car or even just in the parking lot.”

 

“Because it’s you and I didn’t just want to talk to you in a club or in a car or in a parking lot. I want to talk to you in a special place because you’re a special girl. You’re my girl.” Jiyong said staring back at her.

 

That sent tingles in her heart. Oh how she wanted to let out a tear and hug him.

 

“Let’s go then.” Chaerin opened the car door and proceeded outside.

 

Jiyong shut off the engine and followed.

 

The short walk to the center of the gazebo was unexpectedly awkward. Neither said a peep, just the occasional glance.

 

There were dozens of pillows spread on the floor with a small circular table at the center. There was a single candle on the center of the table. Jiyong took out his lighter and lit it up instantly giving out a strawberry scent just like Chaerin’s.

 

Chaerin upon seeing the lighter raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything.

 

“I know what you’re thinking.” Jiyong started.

 

“Yeah? What?” Chaerin asked.

 

“You’re probably thinking why I still have a lighter when I clearly promised you before that I’ll quit smoking.” Jiyong said and set up a place for her to sit. “Right?”

 

“It’s none of my business anyway.” Chaerin said and sat down.

 

Jiyong felt a pinch. Of course it was still her business. He’d like to think it still is.

 

“I did quit.” Jiyong said. “I mean, I am quitting. I’m trying real hard. The last one I had was weeks ago. The night you sang at the club.”

 

Chaerin remembered that night. She poured out her feelings to him.

 

“Besides, this is not mine. I just borrowed it a while ago because I needed to light up this candle.” He smiled at her and showed the lighter which clearly had the word TOP embossed on it.

 

Chaerin felt her heart swell a bit. So he kept his promise. That touched her.

 

They were sitting in front of each other now. Face to face, finally. There’s nothing in between them that can distract or stop them from having this conversation that both really deeply wanted to have.

 

“Hunchae…” Jiyong started. Chaerin’s eyes shot up. It has been a long time since he called her that. “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I was a jerk, I know. I really ed up. I ed us up.” He sighed. “But I love you. I do. So much. I can’t not be with you. I can’t think of not being with you.”

 

Chaerin swallowed hard. Wow. She was expecting an apology. But not that.

 

“It hurts too much. This hurts too much. Being with you here and not be able to do anything. Not be able to touch you like before, not be able to be looked at by you like before, and not be able to just hold your hand. This hurts Chae.” Jiyong said while hitting his chest with his fist and with tears b his eyes.

 

Chaerin could also feel the tears start to form again. She loved him. That’s for sure. She can’t stand seeing him hurting like this.

 

Jiyong cautiously and slowly reached for her hand and when she didn’t pull back he held it tight, not intending to let it go anytime soon.

 

“Please, please give me another chance. Give us another chance. Please.” Jiyong almost begged. He will if he has to. He pecked her hand put it on his chest making her feel his beating heart. “You know I love you, right?” Chaerin was still unmoving. Too stunned to talk.

 

“Tell me what you’re feeling right now.” Jiyong coaxed her into speaking. “Please.”

 

What was she feeling? Chaerin thought. She was overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with Jiyong’s words. He really hit a spot.

 

“I-I don’t know.” Chaerin managed to whisper.

 

“Please just let your heart speak. Don’t push me away. I can’t take it.” Jiyong said while looking down, small crystals falling from his eyes. “Give me another chance. I’m sorry. I love you.”

 

Chaerin couldn’t take seeing him like this anymore. With her free hand, he took Jiyong’s chin and lifted his head up only to find his eyes red and overflowing with tears. Chaerin teared up too. She put her palm on his cheek and wiped his tears with her thumb.

 

Jiyong closed his eyes and nestled his face in the warmth of her hand. He missed this. He missed her so much.

 

Suddenly he felt a soft, moist sensation on his lips, startling him. He didn’t need to open his eyes to see what it was. He was very familiar with the feeling. It didn’t take him a second to respond to Chaerin’s kiss. He held her face and poured his heart out in their kiss. Each taking their gentle time making the other feel loved.

 

Chaerin broke the kiss but rested her forehead on Jiyong’s. With eyes still closed, she breathed out heavily. “Okay.”

 

That one word sending Jiyong into a high he never felt before. He was so happy. He couldn’t help the wide grin spreading on his face. He pressed his lips on her again and just started kissing every part of her face while whispering sweet ‘I love you’s’ and ‘thank yous’.

 

“I promise this time will be better. I love you.”

 

Chaerin smiled and said the words she had been wanting to.

 

“I love you too.”


You didn't really think the last chapter was the end right? :)) Thank you for subscribing and thank you for your comments. I really appreciate them. Thank you for reading. God bless everyone!