Chapter 13

The Chasing Game

“Whoaaaa…” They were all standing at the entrance of the city’s biggest amusement park. All amazed by the very high and very fast and very long roller coaster circling in the air.

 

“We’re not gonna ride that… are we?” Seungri tried to hide his fear.

 

“Of course we are! It looks so exciting!” Yuri said while clapping her hands. She was in the same class as Seungri and he invited her to come when he realized he would be left alone if his friends paired up.

 

“I like her already.” Chaerin whispered to Bom who nodded her head too distracted by the magnificent rides surrounding them.

 

“So are you interested in riding that?” Youngbae shyly asked Dara who was beside him. He was still taking in her beauty even if he practically stared at her the whole ride there. He would make sure to thank Chaerin a lot and treat her because she introduced her to him.

 

“Yeah. I love coasters.” Dara said equally shy. All her life, men stared at her so she thought she’s used to it but it feels different with Youngbae. She suddenly becomes shy and nervous and she was aware he had been staring and she secretly loves it.

 

“Don’t worry Minzy-ah. I’ll hold your hand if you get scared.” Daesung bravely said acting strong and mighty to which Minzy just smiled sweetly but in actuality she knows she won’t be scared because she and Chaerin practically went to the amusement park every chance they got when they were younger.

 

“You can hold my hand even if you’re not scared.” Jiyong whispered to Chaerin and she couldn’t help but blush. Good thing Bom spoke at that moment getting all their attention.

 

“Let’s go eat first. I’m starving.” Bom said, already pulling TOP to the nearest shop she saw. Of course the others had no choice but to follow.

 

After a very sumptuous meal, they were all getting ready to go to their first ride. They decided to try the easy ones first to settle the food they ate. They didn’t want to be vomiting all over the place. So after a very long five minute discussion, they decided to take on the Shark Attack. It looked safe enough.

 

“Damn it!” TOP cursed after they got off the boat. They were all pretty wet from the ride but the boys got it worse since they sat at the ends. They didn’t expect it to be that… wet. He was wet from waist down and he was wearing cream pants, making it more obvious.

 

“Aww. That’s okay Tabi. It doesn’t look too bad.” Bom tried to ease him but she can’t stop the soft giggle escaping her lips. TOP looked like he wet himself and it was really funny.

 

“Come on. Let’s go ride the roller coaster now. We’d dry up there!” An excited Minzy said. She can’t wait to ride it. It’s her fave afterall.

 

“A go go go~!” Chaerin’s child self was showing every minute they spend in the park and Jiyong is loving every minute of it.

 

Sometimes Chaerin would ogle at some mascot unknowingly but snap out of it when she notices herself staring at them but of course Jiyong saw it all and he can’t help but adore her child like smile every time they walk past some kiddie rides and she sees some kids enjoying them.

 

“Yasss the back seats are empty. Yaaay~” Minzy squealed when they were at the entrance of the ride. “I wanna sit back there!!!”

 

“Me too!” Chaerin said, equally as excited.

 

The 2 guys however were not so thrilled. Seungri was practically already eating his nails but he can’t back out now. Not when Yuri is with them. Daesung was as pale as he can get. Bom was very nervous. She rode it before but she vomited after. She didn’t want that to happen again.

 

“You okay?” TOP noticed her staring wide eyed at the ride. “We don’t have to ride it if you don’t want to.”

 

“No, I’m okay.” Bom forced a smile.

 

TOP frowned but nodded his head. “Hey guys, me and Bom would sit at the middle area okay?” TOP said, he didn’t want Bom sitting at the back because it was where the thrill really was and he doesn’t think that Bom was up to that and if they were at the front, they would see everything and he wasn’t sure if Bom was up to that too so the middle was the safest.

 

Bom gave him a genuine smile after he said that. He smiled at her too and held her hand tighter.

 

“Where do you wanna sit?” Youngbae asked Dara who was uselessly trying to squeeze out water from her top. Her whole right side was soaking because of their previous ride.

 

“How about the front? I never tried sitting at the front before.” Dara smiled at him. “But… I mean… only if you want to.” she quickly added.

 

“Sure. I never tried sitting at the front too.” Youngbae let out his eye smile which is enough to melt the female population.

 

“Minzy-ah… do you mind sitting with me?” Daesung shyly and nervously asked the very excited Minzy.

 

“But—“ Minzy was about to say no because she wanted to sit at the back but when she looked at Daesung, she saw how pale he was and just couldn’t reject him. “Of course oppa.” She smiled at him which managed to add more color to his face.

 

They started sitting wherever they want and Chaerin expected Minzy to sit beside her but was shocked to see her sit at the front area. She was about to shout to her but…

 

“Hey. I guess we’ll be sitting together.” Jiyong smiled at her.

 

“Of course… you.” Chaerin sighed. She kinda saw this coming. “What did you bribe Minzy with?”

 

“Nothing. I swear.”

 

Chaerin eyed him suspiciously, not believing.

 

“I swear. I didn’t do anything.” Jiyong said with both arms raised. “She was actually the one who traded seats with me. She said she wanted to sit beside Daesung.”

 

“Oh…”

 

The seatbelts and safety gears were being set in place and in a few seconds they would be up in the air.

 

“I’m so excited~ yiiihhh!” Chaerin was giddish. It had been ages since she rode one.

 

Jiyong just smiled at her cute behaviour. He had been getting a whole lot of cute Chaerin today that he was forgetting the cold one.

 

“Ahhhhhh!!!!”

 

“Wooohoooo!!!”

 

“OHMYGOD!”

 

“Please stop thisssss!!!!”

 

“Thiiiiiiiiiiis iiiiiissss sooooo greaaaaaaaat!!!”

 

“Leeeeeeeet meeeeeeeee ouuuuuuuuut!!!”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

 

(Sorry about this hahaha. I just had a laugh imagining how they’d react in a roller coaster. Guess who said those. Haha)

 

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

“Oh my God that was awesome!”

 

“Easy there wildcat.” Jiyong managed to steady me because I was too excited and almost tripped going down the stairs.

 

“Never… again.” Daesung choked out.

 

“Aww. It’s okay oppa. You were great up there.” Minzy stifled a laugh. Daesung was all out crazy when they were in the air. He gripped her hand too tight and was screaming like crazy.

 

“Seungri, are you okay?” Yuri asked while rubbing his back while he had his hands on his knees and breathing heavily as if he ran a marathon.

 

“Yeah… I just need… some… air.”

 

“Yay Bomna!!!” TOP said clapping hands with Bom unnie. She wasn’t as scared as she was before. She actually enjoyed the ride this time. She was all smiles.

 

“Where’s Youngbae oppa and Dara unnie?” I looked around trying to spot them. But when my eyes landed on Jiyong he had a weird face on. His eyebrows were creased and her lips a grim line. What’s his problem?

 

“Oh there they are!” Minzy said, pointing to them. They were holding a plastic which contained what seemed like water.

 

“We thought we all could use some water.” Youngbae oppa said.

 

We all got a bottle and unsurprisingly Daesung and Seungri drank theirs in one go.

 

“Let’s just walk around for a while.” Youngbae oppa suggested while looking at the pale faces of his younger friends. It was a miracle they weren’t vomiting yet.

 

We were all walking as a group admiring the beauty of the amusement park. We went to the shop there and bought some funky sunnies and hats.

 

We were walking as a group. Me and the girls were walking at the front while the boys were following us. It turned out it was nice talking to Dara unnie outside work. She is a fun and exciting person. That much I can gather from the stories she told us about bungee jumping and skydiving. Yuri too was a cool girl. Turned out she liked dancing which made her and Minzy instantly hit it off. We were just walking mindlessly, trying to look for some other fun rides.

 

“Witwew!”

 

“Hi pretty ladies!”

 

“Nice rack!”

 

“Hi Ms. Blonde!”

 

“Hot legs!”

 

I didn’t bother looking at the direction of the men cat calling and I was glad that none of us did. I really hate that kind of men. I think its low for men to do that. I wouldn’t give them any time of the day. We walked straight, ignoring them ‘til we passed the area where they were which made me breath out a sigh of relief but that was short lived when someone pulled my arm.

 

“Hi blondie, aren’t you gonna introduce yourself to us?” the man said, still holding my arm and smelling of cigarette.

 

“Let go.” I said venomously, trying not to get intimidated by this muscular dude. I felt the girls line up behind me.

 

“I suggest that you let go of her arm right now.” I looked behind the man and saw Jiyong. He looks pissed. His face totally darkened and he was close to us now, with the other guys just behind him. “I said let go of her. Now.” His tone sent chills to my spine. He looks hella pissed.

 

“Who are you?” the man said still holding my arm but now, looking at Jiyong. They were having a freakin’ staring match in front of me. I tried to tug my arm away but to no success. He was too strong.

 

Then before I knew it, Jiyong pulled on my other arm effectively getting me to his side and releasing me from the other man’s grip. Jiyong pulled me further so I was behind him and then I felt him moving forward to the guy. I panicked thinking of what might happen so I instinctively held his arm to stop him from moving.

 

“Who the hell are you?!” The other guy said, and now his friends were at his side.

 

“I’m her boyfriend. Who the hell are you?!” Jiyong wasn’t shouting but he sounded murderous at this moment and that was a hundred times scarier than shouting.

 

“Hey Jonghyun come on. Just back off.” I heard a friend of the Jonghyun guy said while pulling him away.

 

“Hey man, I’m sorry about that. We meant no harm. We thought they weren’t with anyone. I’m really sorry.” The tallest of them said while apologetically raising his arms in front as if saying that they meant no harm.

 

I kept holding on to Jiyong’s arm a bit afraid of what he may do. I remember what they did at the bar the last time and it was messy.

 

“Are you okay?” Jiyong’s voice softened by a hundred percent when he turned around and sort of examined me. He took my arm and raised it up as if checking if there were bruises or something. He held the arm that the Jonghyun guy held and there was an obvious red mark. “Damn that er.” I heard him mutter.

 

“I’m fine.” I said, taking back my arm. I’m a bit taken aback by his reactions. I didn’t expect him to react like this.

 

After that, we all walked in pairs because the guys insisted on it. But I also think it would be better so none of that would happen again.

 

“Let’s go ride the Ferris wheel. I think we all need some air.” Bom unnie said already walking towards it.

 

They started filling it up and before I realized it. We were actually riding in pairs and now only me and Jiyong were left.

 

“After you milady.” Jiyong said while holding his hand out to me for support.

 

I took it and gracefully entered the small cubicle. My heart was thumping and I didn’t know if it was because of left over adrenaline from earlier or if it is because of the man sitting in front of me. The ride was too small to the point that our knees were brushing against each other.

 

“I’ll be sure to thank whoever made this ride.” Jiyong said, directly looking at me.

 

“W-why?” I was suddenly getting nervous.

 

“Because it’s small enough for me to do this.” And in a quick move he was hovering over me and only an inch separated our lips.

 

I was surprised by the sudden move and now I’m pretty sure that my thumping heart is because of him.

 

“What’re you doing?” I said in a breath.

 

“What I wanted to do ever since.” His voice was as breathy as mine.

 

And before I could even respond to that I felt his lips on mine.

 

And there were fireworks.