Chapter 20

The Chasing Game

Jiyong drove like a wild man. Not stopping for anything. He was too angry to care anyway. He drove for what seemed like hours but was only mere minutes. He stopped at a familiar place and roughly parked his car.

 

“!!!!!” he started screaming and hitting the steering wheel in anger and frustration.

 

For a good five minutes, he did nothing but that and when he finally calmed a bit, he regained his breath and tried to cool down some more.

 

After he came from the bar, he went straight for the exit and didn’t even bother to turn around and say good bye when his friends called out to him. He was clutching the jacket she tossed to him so tight that the piece of clothing might break.

 

He sat in his car for a few more minutes thinking about what the just happened and when all the adrenaline, angriness and hurt left his system, regret came.

 

“What the did I do?” he asked himself in a whisper as he started to reflect on his actions. He was so pissed a while ago and he didn’t mean anything he said. He was just so ing angry that his mouth had no filter.

 

“!” he cursed and backed his car towards the road and charged back to the club, hoping desperately she was still there. He didn’t know how long it had been since he left the club but he just desperately wished she was still there and that he could fix the he screwed up.

 

He barely parked his car and ran towards the entrance of the club and saw Cheng, there.

 

“Where the hell have you been?!” Cheng immediately said as he saw the approaching figure of Jiyong, leaving Jiyong confused.

 

“What?” he asked with creased brows.

 

Cheng just shook his head disappointedly and pointed for him to go inside. Once inside, he saw that the club was still totally packed and still in full swing just the way he left it a while ago but something felt wrong. Terribly wrong. He went straight to the bar but a new bartender was there. Even Dara wasn’t there anymore. He went to their table but no one was there too. Panic and confusion started registering in his system. He looked at his watch and saw that it was only 2. They should still be there. He tried scanning the dance floor but it was too packed and it was too dark to recognize anybody so he decided to go to Cheng again.

 

“Cheng! Where are they?” he asked heavily.

 

Cheng just shook his head at him again, clearly disappointed. “Where have you been Jiyong? Your girl was almost…” he didn’t continue though and just shook his head more.

 

“WHAT? Chaerin was almost what?!!!” Jiyong screamed, real panic evident in his voice. He was getting really impatient and Cheng’s disappointed face just added to his annoyance. “TELL ME! Where the is she?!” he screamed getting all up in Cheng’s face.

 

“You go and look for her yourself Ji. You’re the one that left her.” Cheng said coldly, not backing down.

 

Jiyong let out an angry breath and went back in, going straight to the bar and hopped over the counter, shocking the new bartender.

 

“Hey what’re you doing?! You can’t do that—“ the bartender tried to stop him but too late. He was already on the other side and he headed straight to the door there that led directly towards an alley outback. Jiyong thought Chaerin was probably there. He hoped she was so that he could fix this .

 

What he saw made him wish he never went back. There, in the middle of the narrow, dark alley was Chaerin clinging on to another man who he could clearly make out as Jay.

 

He paled and his heart pumped a hundred times faster than normal. All emotions going on overdrive but anger and jealousy were undeniably on top. He couldn’t look anymore so he stiffly turned around and closed the door, wanting to forget all he saw but even when he closed his eyes, the image of her in another man’s arms still haunted him.

 

“Hey man, you can’t be in—“ the bartender couldn’t even finish what he was saying because Jiyong straight up punched him in the face. Jiyong was so angry right now that he wanted to destroy everything and anything that went his way and unfortunately for the bartender, he was the first victim.

 

Jiyong hopped over the counter, leaving the whimpering bartender. He probably broke his nose but he didn’t give a . He pushed everyone in his way harshly. All his blood was rushing to his head and he could feel the first traces of tears starting to swell up in his eyes but no, he decided he won’t cry. He won’t shed a tear. Not for this.

 

He wanted so badly to beat up anything or anyone and its getting harder and harder to control himself as he was trying to get pass all the people in the club.

 

“Jiyong!” he heard a small voice call for him and he reflexively turned to the source. There he saw the small figure of Dara but what caught his eye was the evident bruising she had on her arm. Even in the dim light of the bar, it was noticeable. That deterred his anger a bit.

 

“What happened?” he asked still ice cold while nodding to her arm and she reflexively tried to hide it but of course it was no use.

 

Dara didn’t answer his question, instead grabbed his arm and shook it gently. “Have you seen Chaerin?” she asked in worry and panic but those were lost in Jiyong’s ear because as soon as he heard her name, all the hurt and betrayal he felt came crashing back.

 

He let out a bitter huff but it sounded more like a wounded whimper.

 

“Why don’t you ask Jay.” He spat out and left, leaving Dara a bit confused and mad at his reactions.

 

“Ji!” she tried to call for him again but it was no use. He didn’t want to listen.

 

He hurriedly walked out of the club and went straight to his car. He didn’t want to go home. He didn’t know where to go. He felt lost. All the hurt was what was left and he was desperately trying to hold in the tears that have been threatening to fall down. He took out his phone and dialled Youngbae. He tried calling twice but he couldn’t be reached. He tried the other boys too but all of them couldn’t be reached. Frustration built and he threw his phone on the ground and stepped on it repeatedly as if it wasn’t crushed enough.

 

He went in his car and drove. Just drove. To anywhere. Anywhere but there.

 

 

BEEP. BEEP.

 

Jiyong was awoken by the annoying sound of horns. “Damn it.” He groaned as he opened his eyes only to be greeted by the glaring sun. He slept in his car last night, outside a hole bar he found just outside their city.

 

“.” He cursed more when the headache came. He drank himself to oblivion last night and it was a miracle that he even made it back to his car. He pinched the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes tight trying to relieve the ache a bit but it didn’t work. Not even a bit. He still tasted the alcohol he took in just hours ago.

 

‘Wait. What time was it anyway?’ he thought. He searched for his phone but was unsuccessful until remembering after ten minutes that he had destroyed it hours ago. That made his annoyance boil more. He wore the sunglasses he always kept in the car to block out the light and looked around. He wasn’t familiar with the place. It was just off the highway and only 2 cars seemed to be in the area. He thought back into the night to try and remember why he was there in the first place and he felt his fists clench when he remembered what he saw at the back alley of Sky Lounge.

 

He shook his head to rid it of the image he would kill to forget but it didn’t work. His headache was immediately masked by the anger he felt inside. He turned his engine on and drove straight back to town in full speed, ignoring all the honks he received for being an driver.

 

When their house gate opened, he easily spotted Youngbae’s car parked in front. He parked his beside his bestfriend’s and walked in the house.

 

“What the man?! Where have you been?” Youngbae almost screamed as soon as he saw that it was Jiyong who opened the door.

 

Jiyong still had his glasses on which he was thankful for since he didn’t know how his eyes looked like right now. He still felt like he was drunk. He just waved his hand dismissively to Youngbae and walked towards his room.

 

“Oh no you don’t Ji. Tell me where the you’ve been? Everyone’s been worried sick. Your father even almost reported you to be missing.” Youngbae said catching up to Jiyong who seemed to be uninterested in anything he was saying.

 

“Pft. Don’t make me laugh Youngbae.” He said sarcastically as he removed his jacket and laid the other jacket that Chaerin wore last night, gently on his and still not taking off his glasses.

 

“I’m serious Ji. Your dad called me up a couple hours ago and asked if I was with you. He said you weren’t home and that you already usually were by that time. He sounded worried.” Youngbae said as he comfortably sat on the bed.

 

Jiyong still didn’t believe him though. His father? Worried about him. Pft. That’s the joke of the year.

 

“Bae. I’m not in the mood to joke around today so just lay it off.” Jiyong said, picking out clothes from his walk in closet.

 

“I’m serious Ji. That’s why I’m here. I came and talked to him. He asked me if I could stay and wait for you because he had somewhere to be or something. He was definitely worried, bro. I saw it.” Youngbae pushed.

 

Jiyong didn’t answer though. In his heart, he felt a small warmth forming but he didn’t want to feed it. “Whatever.” He just said.

 

“You’re lucky Dami’s not here right now or else she’ll have your balls right now.”

 

Jiyong nodded his head a bit and just went in the bathroom to take a bath. He stunk. The place he was in last night was a real hole. He was lucky he left unscathed. Even luckier that he still had his car.

 

 

“Why are you here anyway?” Jiyong asked as he went out the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel.

 

“Well, I was worried too. Last night, you looked pissed and then you left. I thought you went home when you didn’t come back anymore.”

 

“Pft. Whatever. You just wanted an excuse to skip class.” Jiyong said looking at the clock. It was already 4 in the afternoon. ‘What the ?’

 

“Class isn’t worth it anyway since everyone practically skipped.” Youngbae said while he played with his phone, reminding Jiyong that he needed to get one.

 

“I need a new phone.” He said after he finished dressing up.

 

“Why?” Youngbae raised a brow.

 

“Mine was… broken.” He said remembering the pieces of his phone on his feet as he stepped on it.

 

“Really Ji. Where were you? Did you go to Chaerin’s?”

 

That made Jiyong stop all movements and glare at Youngbae.

 

“Why the would I be there?” he spat bitterly catching Youngbae off guard.

 

“Whoa. Where did that come from? Chill man. I was just asking since you’re there all the ti-- “

 

“Shut up.” Jiyong said. He couldn’t stand talking about her right now. The wounds were still so ing fresh that just the sound of her name felt like he was rubbing salt on those wounds.

 

“Ji. What is wrong with you?”

 

“Just shut up or just don’t talk about her.”

 

“What? Who? Chae?”

 

“What the did I just say?!” Jiyong said angrily.

 

“What the ’s your problem Ji? Aren’t you two always toge—“

 

“I swear to God, Bae, if you don’t stop talking right now, I’ll punch you in the face.” He said walking a bit closer to where Youngbae was and Youngbae stood on alert.

 

“Whoa whoa. Guys. What’s going on here?” they heard someone at the door say and there stood Jiyong’s father.

 

“Uncle.” Youngbae bowed to show respect but Jiyong just turned away and continued fixing his hair. “I was just leaving, uncle. It was nice seeing you again.” Youngbae said and left the room.

 

“Did you guys just fight?” Jiyong’s father asked as he went in his room and scanned the place.

 

“Why would you care?” Jiyong scoffed, still not looking at his father.

 

“Of course I care, son. I care about everything that concerns you and your sister.”

 

“Pft.” Jiyong scoffed.

 

“Believe it or not son, I do care about you.” He said and left the room leaving Jiyong who was still acting nonchalant but was actually very affected inside. It was the first time his father said that after his mom died. He felt like his dad blamed him then. He felt like he was responsible for everything every time his father looked at him. He could clearly remember the disdain in his father’s eyes.

 

He sat down on his bed and looked at himself in the mirror right in front of him. Why the hell did he dress up anyway? He didn’t have anywhere to go. He didn’t have anything to do. He just practically pushed his best friend away. He didn’t have anyone to go to. He used to just go to Chaerin’s even without asking her. But of course he wouldn’t do that now. He didn’t have her anymore. And that thought made his heart hurt and almost burst out his chest. For a moment there he wished that it would just really burst so he wouldn’t have to feel any of this. It was too much.


Hey again! I was inspired by your comments so I wrote again :) Anyway, I hope you like it. Thanks for reading. God bless you all :) Tell me what you think? :) I'm working on the next chapters already so yeah, 'til next time!