Chapter 16

The Chasing Game

“You didn’t have to come get me from class. I told you we should just meet at the parking lot.” We were walking down the hallways together and I feel all eyes on us as we walked. It made me a bit uncomfortable but I had to remember it was Jiyong I was walking with and from what I heard around and from what I knew too, he was quite the popular dude.

 

“I wanted to.” he flashed me his smile. He had his hand on my back as if supporting me while we walked and I didn’t have the guts to tell him to remove it. Not when everyone was staring. I didn’t want to cause something.

 

“Let’s take my car.” Jiyong said when he saw me going towards my car.

 

“I don’t see your car around.” I said trying to spot a lambo.

 

He chuckled and I heard the car beside me alarm. It was a Continental GT. A Bentley. And it was so damn familiar I’m so sure it was the one I almost bumped earlier this morning. He opened the passenger door for me to enter but I just looked at him.

 

“What happened to your lambo?”

 

“I had it fixed. Don’t drink and drive.” He said and eyed me meaningfully then I remembered last night when he came to my house drunk. He might’ve scratched the poor lambo.

 

“Ohhh. Tell that to yourself.” I said as I entered the car and heard him chuckle.

 

“So is this new?” I asked as I eyed the interior of the car.

 

“Nope. I just don’t use it much.” he said as he turned a corner.

 

“That’s too bad.” I mindlessly touched the headboard, amazed with the texture of it. He had it pimped for sure.

 

“You like it?” he asked sincerely when we stopped at a red light.

 

“What’s not to like?” I said and settled back on my seat.

 

“I hope that goes the same for me.” I heard him say but I didn’t reply.

 

 

“What was on your mind this morning?” he asked after we took our orders. We were in a very beautiful Japanese restaurant. He might’ve made reservations before or he knows the owner because we bypassed a long line at the entrance and went straight to the best seat in the restaurant which was in the veranda, which was overlooking a very beautiful garden of various kinds of flowers.

 

“What?” I asked not understanding what he meant.

 

“This morning when you almost crashed into my car.” He said and I saw a ghost of a smile on his face.

 

I knew it. It was really him.

 

“Huh? What’re you talking about?” I tried to look as normal as usual.

 

“Tsk. Okay then. You don’t wanna talk about it. Must be about me.” He smiled so wide that his eyes became too small. I just rolled my eyes at him.

 

Our orders came and we ate blissfully. Their food was to die for. It had to be the best sushi I have ever had. We talked about my dad. He was glad that my dad took a liking to him. An information that accidentally left my lips because I was too busy enjoying the food that I didn’t pay attention to what I was saying.

 

“So about last night…” he tried to start a conversation while we were waiting for the dessert.

 

“What about it?”

 

“I’m sorry. I was drunk. I shouldn’t have gone there like that.” he said looking at me through his lashes.

 

“Yeah well… we do stupid things when were drunk.” I said deciding to let him off the hook about it.

 

“So were good right?” he asked, straightening from his seat.

 

“Haven’t we always been?” I said smiling at him. Maybe I should really get to know him more and see where that goes.

 

We ate our dessert and we left. He didn’t even pay. How weird. Maybe he really knows the owner.

 

“Jiyong.” I called from behind when we just walked out of the restaurant. “Aren’t we gonna pay?” I asked already fishing my wallet from my bag.

 

He smiled and went to me, took my bag from my hands and put it on his shoulder. “No need.” He said simply and then walked again.

 

“What? Why?” I asked following him.

 

“We own it.” I heard him say as he opened the passenger door open for me. I felt my jaw drop a bit. Wow. He handed me my bag and closed the door after I entered. Another information about him. Seems like we have a long way to go if we really get to know about each other.

 

We were back in school just in time. The drive back was silent but wasn’t uncomfortable.

 

“Thanks.” I said as we both got out of the car.

 

“Anything for you.” He said with that smile again.

 

 

I wasn’t surprised when I found him leaning against his car when I reached the parking lot after my last class finished. I was kinda expecting it actually.

 

“Hey,” he said as soon as he saw me coming.

 

“Hey.” I tried to sound as casual as I can even if I feel that flutter within me.

 

“You heading home?” he asked when I unlocked my car. Only a few cars were left in the parking lot and I noted that the cars of his friends were gone as well.

 

“Yup.” I said when I got up after putting my stuff in the car. “You?” I asked, placing my arms on the roof of the car and resting my head on it while looking at him.

 

“I was hoping we could go somewhere.” He said smiling that boyish smile.

 

“Oh?” I said with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Yeah. There’s this new shop that just opened and I thought you’d be interested to go.” He said coming closer to me.

 

“Ahh. Sorry I can’t go though. I have a shift at Sky Lounge. I’ve missed enough days.” I didn’t wanna turn him down but I didn’t wanna burden Dara unnie any longer with my absence.

 

“Oh.” I saw his face fall and felt guilty that instant.

 

“Maybe next time?” I said to try and lift up the mood a bit. And he nodded going back to his car. “So, I’ll see you tonight at the club?” I invited trying to lighten my rejection to his offer.

 

“Of course.” He smiled. We got in our own cars and drove in our separate ways.

 

 

The club was packed for this night and moving around was getting hard every second. Good thing I was confined in my own space at the bar. It was almost 11 when I spotted him and his friends walk inside the club and head straight to the area reserved for them. He looked really handsome with his hair styled up and the sides shaved shorter than the rest of his hair.

 

Orders were flying in everywhere and I barely caught up with them but being busy kept me from thinking about my growing feelings which I don’t wanna deal with yet.

 

“Hey beautiful.” I turned around and saw him carrying his usual swag and being sandwiched by other people at the bar.

 

“Hey. Good to see you here.” I said casually to try and hide the fluttering within me.

 

“Can you give me one of those special drinks you made for me before?”

 

“Oh. Okay.” I got what I needed and gracefully mixed and poured him the green drink which he took right away and drunk in one shot.

 

“One more.” he said smiling that boyish one.

 

“Okay then.” I gave him one more which he took time drinking while sitting at the bar.

 

We didn’t talk much that time probably because I was too busy serving drinks but he stayed there continuously ordering that drink.

 

“What time do you get off?” he asked and I looked at my watch. It was nearly 12 already.

 

“In about half an hour.” I said through the booming music.

 

“Come to our table when you’re done. I’ll wait for you.” He stood up and took his drink and went to sit on their couch. I unknowingly let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I realized I became a bit conscious when he was watching me.

 

I got out at about half past midnight when Dara unnie came for her shift. I didn’t realize she was at the club all along, with Youngbae oppa. They were such a cute pair. Youngbae oppa compensated for Dara unnie’s awkward dance moves with his great flow.

 

“Hey” I said as I reached their table. I didn’t see Jiyong there.

 

“Hey Chae!” Daeusung said cheerfully. It was only him and Seungri at the table and Seungri looked drunk as . “Come sit!” he offered and moved to the side to give me space.

 

“Thanks.” I settled down and he poured me a drink which I noticed was Tequila.

 

We clinked our glasses together and drank.

 

“Jiyong hyung is at the bathroom.” He said after taking a bite off his lemon.

 

I just nodded my head while taking a bite at my lemon to lessen the taste of alcohol a bit. After about 10 minutes I saw Jiyong staggering to get to the table and behind him was Youngbae. Only when they were close enough did I notice that Youngbae was supporting him. Jiyong was hammered.

 

“Babe!” he said when he saw me sitting at their table. He opened his arms and enveloped me in them when I stood to give space to them. He put all his weight on me so I almost fell back. Good thing Youngbae got him off me on time.

 

“Sorry. He gets touchy when he’s drunk.” Youngbae said apologetically and I couldn’t help but think of what happened when he came to my house, drunk.

 

“I know.” I said meaningfully to Youngbae and he just chuckled.

 

We sat down on the couch. Only me and Jiyong sat together because Daesung moved to the other chair and Youngbae went to the bar. Seungri was still peacefully sleeping. Jiyong had his arm around my waist and his head on my shoulder with his face buried on my neck.

 

“You smell so good.” I heard him whisper and felt soft kisses on my neck and my senses were hyperwired.

 

“Jiyong stop.” I said and wiggled away from him. I wasn’t a fan of PDA.

 

“Babe…” he said and reached out to me again.

 

“You’re drunk. You need to go home.” I said to him and looked at Daesung who was the most sober one.

 

“Sorry Chae. We can’t go yet. We all leave together. Youngbae hyung still has stuff to do.” Stuff to do meaning flirt with Dara unnie more.

 

I nodded, understanding that he was the designated driver and he couldn’t leave the others to drive Jiyong.

 

“I need to go too. I’ll drive him. I know where he lives.” I smiled at him and turned my attention back to Jiyong who had his head thrown back at the backrest of the sofa.

 

“Are you sure? Jiyong hyung gets pretty… unstable when he’s drunk.” Concern flashed on his face.

 

“I can handle him. I’ll knock him out if I have to.” I said and he chuckled.

 

 

Getting Jiyong to my car had to be one of the top ten things I had a very hard time doing. He was all over the place. All over me. And the packed club didn’t help at all. Relief coursed through me as we got out of the club and felt the fresh air hit my skin. Jiyong had his arm around my shoulder and his face still buried on my neck which didn’t help at all because he had his weight on me. I dragged us both to my car and when I settled him on the passenger seat, he was already asleep.

 

“Whoo…” I breathed and fanned myself. Gosh, he isn’t even that bulky but he’s so heavy.

 

I removed my heels, tossed them at the back and started driving barefoot. I felt so tired. My muscles are sore from standing for a long time. I felt Jiyong stir awake and stretch his arms forward.

 

“Hey, you okay?” I asked trying to see if he was still drunk or if he sobered up a bit.

 

I could see he was a bit surprised to see me.

 

“Chae? What’re you doing?” his voice was hoarse and y as hell.

 

“Driving your drunk home.” I smirked at him.

 

“Oh . I’m sorry. I got hammered by your drinks. Didn’t know it would be that strong.” He said, scratching the back of his head.

 

“I guess you’ll never really know something unless you try.” I didn’t mean for it to mean something else, but somehow… it did.

 

“Let’s try.”