Chapter 26

The Chasing Game

“Oh .” Seungri mumbled when he saw something in the corner of his eye, which wasn’t lost in TOP.

 

“What?” TOP asked the youngest and saw him looking at the bar.

 

“Oh .” Daesung repeated what the youngest said when he too, looked to where the two were currently looking.

 

There, at the bar was the unmistakable figure of Jay leaning over and talking to Chaerin. Their body language seemed to be relaxed and not only that, Chaerin was actually smiling too.

 

TOP immediately tried to spot where Jiyong was. He went to the bathroom just now and they definitely didn’t want him to see this.

 

“. Where’s Ji?” TOP asked to no one in particular but the three of them were already turning their heads in every direction desperately wanting to spot their friend.

 

Merely 15 seconds felt like 10 minutes to the three of them who still hasn’t spotted their friend and Jay was still talking to Chaerin.

 

“What are we looking for?” Youngbae sat down by their table and pulled Dara to sit next to him. Dara wanted to stay but she also wanted to accompany Chaerin now because she was alone at the bar. There weren’t as many people when the night started but still, she wanted to help Chaerin out at the bar so she kept looking there to check if there were many people ordering but what she saw made her big eyes even bigger.

 

“Jiyong hyung. Have you seen him?” Seungri asked Youngbae.

 

“No. we came from outside, why? What happened?” Youngbae became curious now because his friends seemed to really want to find Jiyong.

 

“I found your friend.” Dara said, her eyes still aimed towards the bar.

 

The four guys followed her view and gasped.

 

Jiyong was at the bar. Not only that. Jiyong was at the bar talking to Jay and it didn’t seem friendly either.

 

The three younger guys prepared to stand up to back up Jiyong just in case something happened but TOP stopped them.

 

“Don’t. Let’s let him fight his own battle now. It doesn’t seem like Jay has his crew with him anyway. Let’s go there if it gets ugly.” TOP said but still eyeing the bar with his killer stare.

 

It was a good thing that the other girls already went home because if this gets ugly then the boys didn’t want them involved or even see what they can do during fights.

 

“Dara, just stay here okay? Don’t go there. Ever. Even if we go there, just stay here.” Youngbae protectively said. He would never get her in the middle of a fight.

 

“But Chae. She’s alone there!” Dara pleaded, looking at Chaerin who was helplessly just looking at the two guys in front of him.

 

“Jiyong won’t do anything that would hurt her. I promise. And I think that Jay wouldn’t too.” Youngbae soothed and brushed his thumb on her cheek to wipe away some of her worry.

 

And it worked. Dara felt a little bit more at ease but she still worried about what might happen.

 

 

“Chae.” A very familiar voice said and Chaerin turned around to see the handsome man smiling at her from the other side of the counter.

 

“Hey… Jay. What’re you doing here?” She smiled, a bit confused since Jay transferred to a university quite far from there and the last time she saw him was when the incident happened.

 

“I’m just visiting. How are you?” Jay said and casually leaned on the counter to better see her.

 

“I’m… great.” She said and gave on overly forced smile. Great. Huh. Right. She thought that Jay probably didn’t believe her considering the last time they met.

 

“No you’re not.” Jay said a little sympathetically and gave her a small smile. “Can you give me a glass of vodka.” He said and Chaerin nodded.

 

When she gave the glass to him, he handed her the payment but Chaerin declined saying that it’s on the house. Well, it’s the least she can do. After he practically saved her from being… hurt.

 

“How’s the great G-Dragon?” Jay asked her after taking a sip of his drink.

 

G-Dragon. Chaerin only knew about Jiyong’s past of being an underground rapper a few days after they broke up, when she saw him with the girl that Youngbae named as Lydia. That day, she and Youngbae had coffee and Youngbae told her everything about Jiyong’s rap background and that he stopped rapping when his mom died. No wonder he knew a lot of people when the rap battle was held in the club.

 

“Uhm… we’re not… together anymore.” Chaerin said. Even after more than a couple of weeks after their break up, it was still hard to say it.

 

“Oh?” Jay said, surprised. He didn’t think they’d break up that fast or at all. Jiyong seemed to really like her. That’s partly the reason why he wanted to go after her in the first place. But that’s all in the past now. He got over the urge to always beat Jiyong in whatever. He’s found his… peace. He wanted to make things right now and he’s starting with Jiyong since he’d had a feud with him ever since plus he disrespected his mother.

 

“Yeah.” Chaerin busied herself by wiping the counter while Jay eyed her curiously. He wasn’t satisfied with her answer.

 

“Does he know? About what happened?” He didn’t need to elaborate. They both knew what he was talking about.

 

Chaerin just smiled at him and continued doing what she was doing.

 

“So he doesn’t.” Jay said and took another sip of his drink. He was confused. Why wouldn’t she tell Jiyong something as… big as that? And the question as to why they broke up still was lingering in his head. Last thing he remembered when he sent Chaerin home that night was her, still whimpering and saying Jiyong’s name in her sleep. He was pretty sure she said ‘I love you, I’m sorry Jiyong’ too.

 

He was too busy with his thoughts that he didn’t even hear Chaerin’s small gasp and see Jiyong standing dangerously close to him and looking at him with fire in his eyes.

 

 

I was fidgety all night. I don’t even know what I’m still doing in this club. Chaerin wrecked me with her song. She dug a hole so deep in me that I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do to fill it up again. She totally and absolutely wrecked me.

 

I wasn’t even drinking much but I kept on mindlessly wandering towards the restrooms just to get a breather. Our usual seat had a clear and perfect view of the bar and that was the last place I would want to look at. It had been the place I always looked at before but time has changed. I tried to not look but I failed… miserably. Her dark brown hair shines as it catches some light. Her cat like eyes that could kill if it was possible and her beautiful face that literally took the breath out of me. I needed to get out.

 

I’m pretty sure the boys were wondering what the hell was so interesting in the rest rooms that I go there every 10 minutes but all I do is just stare at my reflection on the mirror and stupidly talk to myself. God, I’m pathetic.

 

I just got out of the restroom after my ‘alone time’. When I caught a figure from the corner of my eye. He walked right past me. I’m not sure if he saw me and I didn’t give a if he did or he didn’t but that was until I saw where he was headed to.

 

The bar.

 

Where Chaerin was.

 

Where MY Chaerin was.

 

I could suddenly feel the vein in my head thump so strongly that I’m sure it could be seen too.

 

I was stuck in my spot, just outside the men’s restroom, stupidly staring at him… at them and unable to move a muscle. Well, I didn’t know what I should ing do! I mean, we’re not together anymore so why should I go there and see what’s up? But then a voice inside me keeps telling me to do so, to go there and find out what the hell’s going on?! I had two choices, go to the bar and probably cause trouble or quietly go back to the table and pretend I didn’t see anything… well that. Before I knew it, my feet were dragging me across the dance floor and towards the bar. 


Happy New Year guys! I know its late, sorry about that. Enjoy and God bless! :)