Sleeping Well

Stop Telling Me Lies!
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jang Wooyoung, hello.” The doctor came into the room, shaking Wooyoung's hand. “So this isn't the first time you've had these type of dreams, is it?” 

Wooyoung shook his head. “I've had a couple... But this is the first time... I've woken up hysterical.” 

“Hm, they seem to be getting worse then. How have you been sleeping? Have you been under any stress?” 

“He hasn't been eating properly... But he seems to go to bed at good times.” 

Wooyoung sighed. “Sometimes I get up every four hours.” 

Nichkhun blinked. 

“Sometimes I just can't sleep.” 

“Ah, that may by the source of your problem then. I'll prescribe you some sleeping pills. Take them an hour before you go to bed. Call me if there are any problems.” 

The doctor left and Nichkhun turned to the younger boy. “Sleeping pills are going to get rid of this?... It seems like a bigger problem.” 

Wooyoung groaned in his throat, staring at the white sheet in his hand. 

--------

He took a deep breath as he stepped into the house, a cold chill causing goosebumps to appear on his arm. He stared down at the floor. 

Why did Eunjung appear in his dreams? She was his ex-girlfriend now. She was the one that broke them up. Or was it him? Was it really Wooyoung who did it? Did he actually give his heart to Nichkhun before he even realized it? Nerves bounced around his stomach. 

“Wooyoung? Are you alright?” 

“I don't feel well... I think I'm going to be sick.” 

Nichkhun caught the younger boy as his knees buckled. He dragged Wooyoung to the bathroom, leading him to the toilet.

“The doctor did say those other pills would have a side effect.” 

The older boy dug through Wooyoung's coat pocket, pulling out two pill bottles. One read for sleeping, the other had words unreadable to Nichkhun. The doctor had said that these pills would stop Wooyoung from dreaming and that some side effects would be nausea, drowsiness or headaches. Common side effects that would be in any over the counter drug. 

Wooyoung coughed, catching Nichkhun's attention. The smaller boy rested his cheek against the cold porcelain seat. He ran his finger around the it. 

“It's just like her face... So pale... And cold.” 

“Wooyoung...” 

“Dolls are made from porcelain too, ain't they?” The younger boy choked, leaning into the toilet again. “We should get a plastic one...” 

His voice was hoarse as he sat back against the wall. 

“For now, why don't you just rest.” 

“More sleep?” Wooyoung raised a brow as he chuckled then sighed. “I don't want to sleep Nichkhun.” 

“The pills will help you.” 

“How can they help me when they've just gone down the toilet?” 

“I-I don't know...” 

The younger boy rested his head against the wall and closed his eyes. 

“Wooyoung...Wooyoung!” Nichkhun sighed. “Don't fall asleep here...” 

The older boy picked up Wooyoung, carrying him up the stairs and taking him to bed. He crawled in next to him, laying the smaller boy onto his side as he laid behind him. 

“Have a peaceful sleep Wooyoung... If you have dreams... I hope their pleasant. I hope they're filled with the things you love... Your home... Work...Coffee...And...” Nichkhun chuckled, caressing Wooyoung's head. 

“...Nichkhun...” The younger boy murmured in his sleep. 

The other boy smiled. “And me too if you wish.” 

He shuffled under the covers and fell asleep, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy. 

----------

Wooyoung whined, rolling over and suddenly inhaling warm air. He was hot as it was and this was not helping. He took another breath in but held it, exhaling slowly as Nichkhun's scent filled his lungs. He smiled, snuggling close and pressing his nose into the older boy's chest. His arms flew out, wrapping themselves around Nichkhun and pulling him closer. 

Nichkhun groaned, rubbing his eyes. He blinked tiredly, feeling a hot spot on his chest. He looked down through puffy eyes to meet a head full of hair. He smiled as Wooyoung squeezed him tightly. 

“Can you breathe?” 

He felt the

Please log in to read the full chapter