His Soft Lips

Stop Telling Me Lies!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Over the next few days, Wooyoung noticed Nichkhun's change in attitude. The older boy seemed to be happier as he helped Wooyoung around the house, making meals and helping the younger boy up and down the stairs. At times though he could sense the taller boy force his smiles. It made Wooyoung wonder if he was doing this to show the younger boy that he was really okay with leaving Victoria behind. Or maybe it was just because he still needed time to adjust to his new life of actually being happy. 

"Here try this." The older boy came at Wooyoung with piping hot food between his chopsticks. 

"Aah!" The younger boy tried to move away. 

"Eat it before I drop it in your lap!" 

Wooyoung took the bit into his mouth, breathing with his mouth open to try to get the food to cool off. He chewed finally and swallowed. 

"Well?" 

"It's good." 

Nichkhun smiled before he pranced off into the kitchen. Wooyoung laughed, shaking his head. He inhaled but choked, coughing up a storm. He hobbled his way to the kitchen, leaning over the counter that separated it from the living room. 

"Oh my god Wooyoung!" 

The younger boy let his head fall onto the counter. 

"Here here! Drink this!" 

Nichkhun handed him a glass of water, pulling the smaller boy's head up. "Breathe! Then take a sip." 

Wooyoung did so, swallowing the gulp of water and exhaling. He panted as he leaned against the counter, half laying on it. 

"You okay?" The older boy asked, lightly the smaller boy's head. 

Wooyoung nodded as he sniffled. "Fine." He wheezed. 

"Was it the food?" 

He shook his head. 

"Because... We don't have to eat it..." 

"The food is fine." 

--------- 

"You really scared me there Wooyoung... When you came into the kitchen coughing like that." 

"I think my spit got caught in my throat as I breathed in." 

Nichkhun laughed. "Trying to swallow too much?" 

"Maybe..." 

"Wooyoung..." The older boy moved close to Wooyoung on the couch. "Don't take what you can't handle." 

"What?" 

Nichkhun leaned back. "Don't take what you can't handle." 

The smaller boy's eyes moved from Nichkhun to the floor. "I can handle it." 

The older boy laughed. "I don't think you can." 

"I can handle it. 

"Okay. Sure." 

"I can handle it." 

Nichkhun raised a brow. "...Wooyoung?" 

The younger boy shook his head, keeping his eyes glued to the floor. "I can handle it. I have confidence." 

"You... Have confidence in swallowing?" 

Wooyoung shook his head, looking at the taller boy. "I..." He smiled. "I've got it." 

"I don't know what you're talking about Wooyoung." 

---------------

The thoughts tormented Wooyoung as he sat on the park bench, first staring out at the water but then to the wet pavement. His mind went over it again. 

'I love you. I love you Jang Wooyoung.' 

He shivered, rubbing his arms to get rid of the goosebumps. What was next..? Oh right... 

'Have confidence!' 

Subconscious or not, this was still Nichkhun that was telling him. 

"Have confidence in what?" 

Wooyoung let his head fall over the edge of the bench. He sighed as he closed his eyes. The only reason he could think to have confidence in was to confess. 

He pressed his lips tightly together. 

Confess what? 

He had nothing to confess. He loved Nichkhun... As a friend and nothing more. He hadn't really thought of having stronger feelings towards the older boy. Thus made him think, such feelings didn't exist. 

He opened his eyes. 

So let's say for a moment, he did love Nichkhun. How would this play out? 

He frowned. 

It probably wouldn't much different than their current relationship, other than the intimacy. They already lived together, ate together, slept together. 

Wooyoung tried to rub away the goosebumps again. 

They slept together, meaning sleep and nothing more... Other than maybe a few times Nichkhun cuddle against him. 

Were those feelings? 

Wooyoung wondered. 

He didn't push the older boy away so did that mean he did have feelings? 

He shook his head. 

No, because they were friends. Wooyoung had been friends with Nichkhun so long that anything seemed okay. 

He closed his eyes again. 

'I realized I liked spending time with you.' 

Wooyoung agreed with this. 

'I wanted to give some kind of pill that would make you forget that woman was even in your life.' 

Wooyoung lifted his head from the bench. 

Were his own thoughts that much different? Hadn't he once felt

Please log in to read the full chapter