The Time Is Running Out

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Chanyeol... Are you sure that... this should go on for much further?”

 

Chanyeol looked up at the sweet young voice which echoes through the quite empty room. Chanyeol watched his beautiful noona Yura walk into the room with a concerned look on her face. Chanyeol just sighed silently as he put away his paperwork for now.

 

“You're even working from home now?”
“I don't feel like leaving the house more than necessary right now.”
“Before... you would die if you didn't get to leave the mansion at least once a day.”
“I know, but... I just don't feel like that anymore.”
“Are you sick?”
“I'm perfectly fine.”
“But Chanyeol...?”
“Yes?”

 

Chanyeol watched his big sister walk over to his desk as she looked a little more concerned. Chanyeol is pretty sure what she will try to bring up like she does from time to time.

 

“The time is slowly running out, are you sure that you should just sit around here and do nothing?”
“I'm sorry Yura, but what are you talking about?”
“I'm talking about Baek-”
“Yah... Don't mention him.”
“W-Why not? Isn't he-”
“Listen to me, Baekhyun... He has it better right now.”
“No he hasn't! Don't you have a single clue about what is-?”
“Yura, please don't. I'm busy and so is he and so should you be. Now leave-”
“Chanyeol! Are you seriously betraying Baekhyun?!”
“Shut up and leave already! I'm trying to concentrate on my work right now!”

 

Chanyeol had to scream at his noona before she finally, after a lot of muttering and frustrating sighs, left the room. Chanyeol groaned tired after the door got closed with a loud thud. Yura is really upset and the funny is, Chanyeol should be really upset as well. But he feels... calm.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that we shouldn't do anything...?”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbled to himself as he picked up his pen to continue working. But his mind slowly begun to drift off to his old memories. To the most painful ones. Chanyeol is pretty sure that if Baekhyun would have been here, he wouldn't feel this empty and lonely. But he's also pretty sure that if Baekhyun would be here, he would be worried and paranoid and somewhat burdened all the time.

That's right, Baekhyun would burden him if he would be here. And if Baekhyun would burden Chanyeol, Chanyeol would burden and worry Baekhyun because he's burdened by something. And everything would get worse and people would try to hurt Baekhyun more and if Baekhyun would get hurt one more time, Chanyeol wouldn't be able to stand the thought that he has hurt Baekhyun.

No, Baekhyun is way better off without him. Even if it means that Chanyeol never can see him again. Though, it's still painful to know that. It's still painful to be without him and Chanyeol is longing after a hug from Baekhyun. He just wants to see the sweet smile and the beautiful pale face. Yet, he can't.

 

“Yura is right... Our time... is running out... Right, Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sighed tired as he scrubbed the last few spots of dried wine. Last night, Mr. and Mrs. Kim had a small little... argue. Mrs. Kim's temper has surely increased since the last time Baekhyun visited/lived here. But thankfully, she doesn't attack Baekhyun with her temper. Not as much as she used to do.

 

“I have begun to have enough! Are you seriously going to raise our only daughter like this?!”
“She needs to learn the value of other people's lives-”
“There is no value in those trash people's lives! They're just trash and-”
“Slaves? Go ahead, say it. They're slaves. Slaves and victims of this society-”
“As fast the damn contract says we can send that little brat trash away, we will do that! I don't care about what Mr. Park or Mrs. Park will say!”
“Well, the contract do say that we can't send him away until some few more weeks.”
“But when that time comes, he's getting kicked out!”
“I have heard you already...”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim seems to still have their little argue from last night. It's early in the morning. Hana is busy with school and extra classes, so she won't be effected by the screams.

 

“Baekhyun, are you done soon?”
“Ah yes umma, I was about to finish the last cleaning in here.”
“Woah, look how clean it is. Thank you for the help.”
“It's the least I can do. Tell me if you need anything else to be cleaned.”
“Haha, I will.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at his mother who walked back to the kitchen as he sighed. He won't be sent away from this place soon, right? Chanyeol wouldn't let him get sent to another family, right? Why is Baekhyun so worried? He knows that Chanyeol will be on his side and do everything that will be the best for him. But... still.

Baekhyun finished his job in the living room before he got up to get rid of the cleaning bucket and the scrub brush. Baekhyun walked in silence towards the basement where they keep all the cleaning equipment.

 

“Haven't... Chanyeol even called Baekhyun after so many weeks?”
“No, not even once...”
“I thought Mr. Kim said they're a good family. Didn't Baekhyun do a good job?”
“I don't know, all I know is that Baekhyun has been a good boy and done his job. But Chanyeol, I mean Mr. Park hasn't even called him since he left Baekhyun.”
“You don't think... that he actually gave up on him?”
“I don't know... To be honest, Chanyeol might have just played with him.”
“That is what I'm afraid of.”

 

Baekhyun didn't intend on catching his parents talking about him near the kitchen. Baekhyun couldn't help but to stop and listen to what they had to say. He feels so shocked to hear what they're saying since his mother herself told him that Chanyeol would never abound him.

 

“Do you... think we should try to talk to Mr. Kim about this?”
“I don't know, we shouldn't interfere in his business but-”
“It is our son, I think he would understand.”
“But still, he said clearly that if Chanyeol doesn't come and fetch Baekhyun in time, he's afraid that he will have to send him away.”
“Maybe... We can make him send Baekhyun somewhere safe?”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean, let's give up the hope of Chanyeol calling and fetching Baekhyun.”
“Honey, do you really think-”
“Trust me, it's better to not give him more false hope than what he already has. Face the reality now, do you really think that people like us can be important in everyone else eyes?”

 

Baekhyun felt how the tears streamed down his face. He doesn't know why, but the weird pressure that he has had over his chest and shoulders suddenly felt somehow lighter. Baekhyun pushed himself towards the stairs and walked down to the basement. He then settled down in a corner of the washing room beside the wash tub as he sobbed silently.

Maybe... everyone is... right?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“So, gentlemen, what I'm trying to say is that; We should no longer sell or buy this product because it won't work with our machines. Find a better model and don't even try to convince me that I'm wrong because I have personally researched about it and no matter how many times I look over the case, the machines won't work with this equipment. Got it?”
“Yes sir, then we will start looking for something new.”
“And something better of course.”
“Thank you for taking your time to such small things Mr.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter