Stand By Me

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“You said what?!”
“Sch your idiot!”

 

Yura smacked Chanyeol's head fast with her hand as she sighed at him. Chanyeol is way too loud once again. Chanyeol whined childishly as Yura looked around carefully before she leaned closer to him to whisper to him once again.

 

“Mother and father said that Kris and the others have made up a fake story about what happened. They have covered up your secret for now, but the problem is to find a private doctor that we trust.”
“You're right... We have to find someone who won't- Wait, I know someone.”
“You do? Really?”
“Lay's company of course. They owe a private hospital and they only have the best and the most loyal doctors we got in the country.”
“That's true... I will call mother and talk with her. You wait here and don't do anything stupid.”
“I won't, I swear.”

 

Yura nodded as she hurried away and let Chanyeol sigh out tired. He has been here for over 12 hours and it's already late in the night. This far he knows that Baekhyun is pretty okay, yet the doctors can't promise that he will survive due to the injuries that have become worse. On the other hand, they say that Baekhyun's situation change all the time and that one moment he's better and then the next he gets worse.

Chanyeol is worried like hell to be honest. He doesn't know if Baekhyun will make it out or not and he doesn't know if he can ever face Baekhyun again without feeling guilty. After all, if he just had stayed home and took care of Baekhyun, the boy wouldn't have been as hurt as he is right now. He almost got killed because of Chanyeol leaving him alone.

Then on the other hand, Baekhyun should have been safe at home. But he wasn't without someone came into the mansion and hurt him. Whoever they or he or she was, the person or persons who did this will get punished. Really punished. Chanyeol swear that if he finds the person who did this, he will make that person suffer till he dies.

 

“Mr. Park.”
“Ah, sorry.”

 

Chanyeol stood up fast and bowed to the doctor who bowed back. They're literally showing respect towards each other. The doctor smiled kind as he offered Chanyeol to come with him if he wished to talk on a more private place. Chanyeol followed the doctor into his office as they sat down by the desk to talk about Baekhyun's situation.

 

“So, we have studied him for the whole evening and night and I know it's really early, but we think he will be fine. He has had his ups and downs during the night, but he's finally getting more stable now. Though his wounds are quite a mess if I will got to say it myself. If you want to take him home then I will have to give the next doctor the documents as soon as possible.”
“Thank you doctor, for everything.”
“It's my job and it's an honor to help the Park family. Tell me, who is this boy?”
“I can't tell you yet, it's up to my parents to decide to tell you or not. You still have to do your job.”
“Yes sir, I will.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he felt his heart beat fast. He wants to visit Baekhyun, but it's too risky to do it here at the hospital. Right now it should only look like Baekhyun is someone they're doing business with and nothing else. But how is he supposed to stay away from Baekhyun now?

 

“Tell me doctor; when do you think we can transfer him?”
“I think already by lunch today.”
“Thank you doctor, I will keep that in mind. Now if you excuse me, I have some work to do. Thank you for you hard work, please keep it up.”
“I will, I promise.”

 

Chanyeol smiled thankful before he got up and left the room. Yura sat where Chanyeol sat in the waiting room earlier and waited for him to come back. She looks a little lost to be honest, but she probably thinks that Chanyeol is doing something reckless and stupid somewhere else.

 

“Noona, did you reach mom and dad on the phone?”
“Yes, they're already working at it. Here, I brought your laptop with me.”
“Thank you.”

 

Chanyeol took the computer and sat down beside Yura. He opened it fast as he sighed at all the mails he had received during the weekend. Yura smiled kind as she promised to help him with the work, but first he needs to read all the mails.

 

“Why do I have to work for real?”
“Because it will look more real if you do.”
“I know that... But still...”
“It will hopefully take your mind off of everything else right now.”

 

Chanyeol nodded tired as he begun to read the e-mails he got. After all, he will have to work if this plan is going to work.

 

***

 

“Chanyeol, go home and take a shower and rest. It's better if you're not near the hospital for now.”
“Why not?”
“Baekhyun is going to get transferred soon and it won't make the media suspicious if you're home and works.”
“Fine then...”
“When we're home, you can be with him how much you want. But right now, it's better both for you and Baekhyun if you're apart.”
“Like we're not apart enough already.”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbled as he closed his laptop and got up. His sister smiled kindly at him as Chanyeol followed his father towards the car. They're going home to prepare the few last things for Baekhyun's transfer, but also to let Chanyeol rest a little.

 

“So... Any clues found at home?”
“Not a single hair was found... Not a single clue.”

 

Chanyeol cursed in his mind as his father cleared his throat and they bowed to some doctors who passed them. They both exit the hospital as Chanyeol stared at some of the journalist who stood outside and waited for them.

 

“Mr. Park! Park Chanyeol, is it true that someone broke into your mansion?”
“Can you tell us more about the issue?”
“Are you hurt Mr. Park or is someone you know hurt?”
“No questions will be answered here! Please let the Park family breathe a little! Thank you all!”

 

Chanyeol followed his father fast into their car as the photographer clicked on their cameras and took pictures of them. Chanyeol sighed when he finally was in the car as his father smiled and let the chauffeur take them home.

 

“So, what is going to happen now?”
“We will take care of Baekhyun and watch over him for now. Maybe he remembers how the culprit looks like? We don't know.”
“He might be too scared to talk as well, so we can't hope too much.”
“The most important thing is to make him feel safe.”
“He has to be safe or else it won't work.”
“I know that son, but it's not that easy. We don't know how the culprit got inside or when he came. No one knows how he found out about you being together with Baekhyun.”
“I know that... But I promised him to protect him no matter what. Even if I have to go against the whole society.”
“We know that you love him Chanyeol, I can tell by the passion you got to save him. But... Going against the society isn't that easy. If you and Yura only knew what kind of struggle we had to just make trash people better treated, then you wouldn't be able to say those words.”
“I don't care. I have to make the whole society to accept me and Baekhyun. No matter what.”

 

Chanyeol felt the determination take over him as his fath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter