The Childhood

Bound to Love, Bound to You

Dawn came, a new day was about to start. Siwon was having his usual morning jogging before he heads off for his first lecture of the day at 9am. With his headphone on, he was blasting music through his iPod, keeping on the pace of the jog.

Except this time, he had this wide grin all the while on his face.

Because, his mind was full of the times that he spent with Kyuhyun. Be it in university campus, or lectures, or when Kyuhyun was doing his part-time shifts. It seems like, Kyuhyun is getting more comfortable with Siwon hanging around him. And with this, made Siwon rather cheerful nowadays. He didn't know, that a friend, can give him this much happiness, which none of his other friends could provide.

For instance...

 

Few days ago...

Kyuhyun was taking down notes intensively in the calculus class, and listened attentively on the lecture. Siwon tried, but Mathematic bored him real big times. His only pleasure was on Kyuhyun, as he observed Kyuhyun who was sitting next to him, throughout the entire lecture. He was impressed, on how smart Kyuhyun can be as he answered all the questions that were given correctly, and how he glowed when he beamed with pride on answering the questions accurately.

Of course, Kyuhyun knew it all along, that Siwon was paying attention on him. rather than on the lecture. So when the lecturer was with his back facing everyone while he was writing the formulas on the whiteboard, Kyuhyun scrawled something on his note and tore the page out, and shoved it to Siwon quickly.

Siwon was startled to receive a note from Kyuhyun, but he was excited...without any reason. It was like...the times back in elementary school or high school, where passing notes in class was in IN thing to do, the excitement of not getting caught by the teachers...

 

Siwon read the note in a flash, and was grinning from ear to ear. He wrote his reply under what Kyuhyun had written, and passed it back to Kyuhyun, trying hard to control his laugh. Kyuhyun frowned when he saw the note was passed back to him. He read in a flash as well, and when the lecturer had his back turned again, Kyuhyun wrote back a reply under, and shoved it to Siwon once again.

Siwon stiffled a chuckle, while he read the reply from Kyuhyun, which made Kyuhyun snapped his head at Siwon. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, judging totally at this grinning goof before he returned his attention back to the lecture. Siwon beamed, seeing his reply on the note full of satisfaction, before pushing the paper back to Kyuhyun.

And so, for the past half an hour, both were writing and passing notes to each other. One having fun writing on the note, while one was struggling to concentrate yet couldn't resist to write back. And soon, the paper was full of their writings.

When the bell came, Kyuhyun stared at Siwon for what they had done during the lecture, totally in disbelief.

 

Siwon noticed the stare, he rubbed the back of his head, grinning as if nothing went wrong in the lecture.

"Are you feeling proud?" Kyuhyun asked finally, giving up on frowning at this friend.

"Well, if those writings are what you mean, then, yes, I am indeed feeling proud." Siwon beamed, with his expression looked exactly like a smiley emoticon.

"You are ridiculous... I meant to make you stop. But you went on and on..." Kyuhyun complained while his hands were busy packing up.

"Well, you could just stop writing, but you didn't. Instead, you replied each and everything I wrote." Siwon chuckled.

"...Because..." Kyuhyun tried to find something to rebuke, but was stopped by Siwon.

 

"Because you want to talk to me too." Siwon grinned, "Admit it. Look at your replies!"

Kyuhyun looked over at the paper, which was full of messy handwritings, and he was shocked, to see how many he had actually replied...

 

Yah Choi Siwon! Stop staring! I am not the one doing the lecture, focus please!

But...you are more interesting than this boring lecture... :^(

WHAT INTERESTING?! I am... whatever. Anyway, then you should not have taken up this module at all!

Oh no worries, I am not regretting in taking up this module. :^) Otherwise I wouldn't meet you here...

Please focus!! You are seriously testing my patience. AND WHAT ARE THOSE SMILEYS?! Since when smiley got a nose there?!

I invented them. Cute isn't it? :^D You can add the nose here too!

STOP IT! I am trying to FOCUS!

I didn't stop you from focusing, but you wrote the note to me first. So exciting! :^D

What is so exciting?!

Passing notes like little kids in middle school so secretive! HAHAHA!!

Are you smirking now?!

Oh you can sense my smirk? Or did you look at me earlier? Come, let me show you another smirk!

Shut up.

Hey you didn't look! Beautiful Kyuhyun...

YAH SHUT UP! Shut with the word beautiful!!

But you are...

 

Unabled to continue with whatever nonsensical conversation that they had on the paper, Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, wanting to give this blockhead a earful of his own lecture. But when Kyuhyun looked at Siwon again, Siwon had that grin again, showing off his dimples, that Kyuhyun could not be angier anymore.

"FINE. I am GLAD that, I was able to make you this happy." Kyuhyun gave up, literally.

"Then you should admit that you are beautiful too." Siwon chuckled.

 

"Who is beautiful?" Hyukjae appeared in front of Siwon and Kyuhyun, and asked as he heard the word 'beautiful'.

"Oh, Kyu.. mmppphhhfffff~" Kyuhyun had to cover Siwon's mouth to prevent him from uttering nonsense. There is nowhere he would allow Siwon to call him beautiful in front of others.

"Nothing, Hyukjae-ssi. This guy is just trying to be funny." Kyuhyun forced a small smile, with his palm was still over Siwon's mouth.

While Siwon was stunned on his ground... He could feel with his lips...on the tenderness of Kyuhyun's palm over his mouth...

So...smooth...and...in fact, the palm has this faint nice smell... Like a morning fresh dew on a plant... Very refreshing...

 

"Hey you can drop the formality. You are Siwon and Donghae's friend, which makes you my friend too!" Hyukjae threw his hand over Kyuhyun's nape, and pulled him away from Siwon, "Come on, lets have lunch together!"

"But...!" Kyuhyun could not stop, as he was being dragged away, trying to turn back looking for help from Siwon, but all he saw, was a guy standing there touching his lips over and over again.

Hyukjae sensed that Siwon was not keeping up, so he turned around, forcing Kyuhyun to turn as well, "Yah Choi RICHBOY Siwon!! Are you done standing there like a fool? We are hungry!" And he stomped off the lecture hall, with Kyuhyun under his arms firmly as they walked, "Shall we go find Donghae too? Then we can have lunch as foursome! Hahaha!!"

Siwon snapped from his daydream, and folded the paper neatly before placing them securely in between the calculus textbook, and zoomed off after his friends.

"Lee Hyukjae!! Release Kyuhyun!! You are going to hurt him!"

...

...

 

Giggling to himself, thinking back on this situation seems rather funny to Siwon, no matter when and where. He would be in his own world, like now at the moment when he was jogging, thinking of how helpless Kyuhyun, where he was stuck with Hyukjae over that lunch where Hyukjae was bombarding with questions after questions. And because Hyukjae couldn't find Donghae, Kyuhyun could only eyed at Siwon for SOS, yet Siwon was too amused looking at the scene in front of him - A nosy Hyukjae VS a helpless Kyuhyun.

"You are just too...cute for your own sake, Kyuhyun..." Siwon mumbled to himself, while he was jogging on the usual path that he always did.

The paper that he and Kyuhyun had their conversation on, was safely hidden in his room. This is one piece of 'souvenir', that proved the growing friendship with Kyuhyun. And boy, he was glad, totally, that he had cleared Kyuhyun's doubts on his sincerity in making with Kyuhyun. Which made Kyuhyun being so comfortable to remain friends with him.

But then... When he recalled on the moment where Kyuhyun placed his palm over his mouth, Siwon could not help but to have his heart raced a little faster than usual. And when he thought of the way, the unusual way, of him hugging Kyuhyun in the cafe when they talked things through, he admitted there was a little different...from his usual feeling for friends.

How peculiar... But he couldn't pinpoint, what went wrong.

"You are really getting weirder, Choi Siwon. Haha!!" Siwon laughed at his silliness, and continued with his jog.

 

When he came at a Y-junction of the usual path, he decided to take the route that he had never taken before, wanting to jog along something new. So turning left, he continued with his morning exercise, enjoying the fresh morning breeze and neighbourhood scenery. He was amused by the new scenery that he had never seen before, until he inhaled something which is oddly familiar to him.

A smell of a morning fresh dew.

And the first thing that came in his mind, is...

"Kyuhyun...?" Siwon mumbled.

 

And right at his intuition, Kyuhyun was standing right in front of him when he turned at a corner. He was stretching himself with his eyes closed, breathing in and out standing near a bunch of plants and bushes where the morning dews were formed on the plants, while the morning breeze blows lightly on Kyuhyun's fluffy hair. What a sight, that Siwon had stopped his jog and was unable to tear his eyes away from Kyuhyun.

So that was how...the scent lingered on Kyuhyun.

So beautiful...

 

When Kyuhyun opened his eyes, he was surprised to see Siwon in front of him, with a stunned look eyeing at him.

"OH MY....! How did you...?" Kyuhyun gasped.

"I..." Siwon hesitated, before he regained his conscious, "I was jogging around the neighbourhood, and here you are, when I turned at the corner."

"Ok... Well, good morning then, I will see you later." Kyuhyun was about to turn around, when Siwon asked, "Hey wait. Do you live here?" Siwon pointed at the house behind Kyuhyun.

"Ya... I live here." Kyuhyun answered, "Is there a problem?"

"Well, nothing...but it seems like a decent house, with a backyard... You don't seems as poor as you mentioned..."

Just then, Donghae walked out of the house looking for Kyuhyu, "Hey Kyun ah! Breakfast is ready."

 

"Donghae?!" Siwon was even more shocked, to see Donghae came out of the house that Kyuhyun just admitted to be where he is living.

"Siwon? You came to look for Kyuhyun?" Donghae greeted.

"You...live with Donghae?" Siwon questioned again, "But...he is a Lee..."

Kyuhyun sighed, "Yes. I am living with Donghae and his family. Since I was 7 years old."

 

Huh????

--------------------

Siwon was in the lecture room, waiting for the module on business study to start. But his mind was miles away, thinking about the morning encounter with Kyuhyun and Donghae. Though Kyuhyun seems to be hiding something from him and scrambled into the house using the excuse of getting late for school, Siwon knew there is something more than what Kyuhyun had said.

 

"Yes. I am living with Donghae and his family. Since I was 7 years old."

 

Why? Kyuhyun has no family? Was that the reason for Kyuhyun to say such things, like he was used to being alone? Or 'eating on others'?

"So that was what you meant?" Siwon mumbled, tapping his fingers on the desk, while trying to make some sense from Kyuhyun's words.

"Means what?" Yunho patted on Siwon's shoulder, sitting next to Siwon, "You have been talking to yourself recently, if you noticed."

"Is that so...?"

Yunho nodded.

"Well... I was just thinking something to myself..." Siwon sighed.

"Over...?"

"..."

"Let me guess... That special friend?" Yunho smirked.

Siwon was wondering which special friend Yunho was mentioning, then he realised, he was talking about Kyuhyun.

 

"How did you know....?!" Siwon had his jaw dropped when Yunho bingoed accurately.

"Well... That seems to be only thing you have in mind recently. All about that special friend..." Yunho replied.

"It is just... I got to know something about him today, which I can't figure it out." Siwon sighed and he babbled out everything in his mind, "I mean... I saw him in the morning, and wow, he was so...beautiful, just by standing there breathing and stretching... Then I got to know, that he is actually living with another family. He did not have a family of his own? I mean...those people he is living with, bear a different surname from him! So, what does that mean? And he said he has been living with them since 7 years old. Which means he has been living with them for 10 over years... So where is his family...?"

 

In Yunho's eyes, Siwon is as if a person who is slowly falling deeper for this special friend of his.

Indeed...his friend...is...

 

"Did something happened to him when he was young...?" Siwon was still mumbling to himself, cracking his head up just to find a logical answer.

"If you have so many questions, why not just ask him yourself?" Yunho remarked.

"I wouldn't asking the questions myself, if he can answer them..." Just then, Siwon stood up, as if something came to his mind, "I know who I can ask!"

 

"Siwon ah!! The lecture is starting soon....!" Yunho shouted, when Siwon suddenly sprinted out of the class, "This idiot... Doesn't he realised that he is getting way too involved, till the point that he is falling with this special friend?"

 

After knowing that Hyukjae was with Donghae in a module that both of them were taking, Siwon dashed towards the place in order to catch the man in his mind.

Minutes later, Siwon caught Hyukjae and Donghae walking out of the lecture room, with Hyukjae's arm wrapped firmly around Donghae's neck while Donghae was beaming like a innocent kid.

"Donghae!" Siwon called out, causing the two of them to pull back from their own world, and looked at Siwon.

"Siwon?" Both mouthed at the same time. 

"Donghae, I need to talk to you." Siwon pulled Donghae out of Hyukjae's arm.

"Me...?" Donghae arched his eyebrows, "You want to talk to me...?" And not Hyukjae who is his friend?

"Yes, you. Hyukjae, I will see you around." Siwon waved and dragged Donghae away, with Hyukjae scratching his head looking confused.

 

 

Seating Donghae down on the bench at one corner, Siwon sat opposite of Donghae, looking very serious and...nervous. Why nervous? Siwon did not know, and he did not bother to know why at the moment. At this moment, he is only interested in knowing more about Kyuhyun.

"Donghae." Siwon started, "I want to know more about Kyuhyun. Please tell me, about his childhood. And why did he ended up living with you and your family."

"Erm... Siwon, I don't think I am the right person to tell you about Kyuhyun..." Donghae replied, "You should ask Kyuhyun himself..."

"You should have seen how he scrambled into your house in the morning..." Siwon sighed, "And I don't think I will get any answer so soon from him. But...I cannot stop thinking about him at all. On why where what how..."

"Siwon, you really like Kyuhyun, right?" Donghae asked, in such a straightforward way that Siwon almost choked on his own saliva.

"Huhhhh?"

"No no no, what I mean is, you like Kyuhyun as a friend, right?" Donghae explained, seeing the shock on Siwon.

Siwon coughed patting his own chest, "Yeah... Of course! *cough* I like...Kyuhyun *cough* as a friend..."

 

But why was Siwon feeling so weird, in admitting that... Like something is not right in the words that he had said.

 

Donghae nodded, accepting what Siwon had confessed, "Well, in that case... I can let you know...seeing that you are actually the first friend who cares for Kyuhyun so much. But please don't tell Kyuhyun that I am the one who told you!"

Siwon nodded frantically.

Donghae inhaled a deep breath, "Well... Kyuhyun was actually...abandoned by his mother."

 

"What...?"

--------------------

Siwon arrived outside his Twosome +C4 cafe, when he knew Kyuhyun was on shift at the moment. He stayed in his car, yet his eyes were fixed on the figure who is busy with his chores in the cafe.

And his heart was aching for Kyuhyun. After knowing what Kyuhyun had gone through...

"Kyuhyun..."

 

A while ago with Donghae...

Donghae inhaled a deep breath, "Well... Kyuhyun was actually...abandoned by his mother."

"What...?"

"He was actually my neighbour staying next to me, before the tragic happened. His father passed away when he was 5." Donghae recalled.

"And then...?" Siwon prompted.

"Life was hard for them. His mother was struggling with bread and water after losing the breadwinner of the family, and Kyuhyun had to compress the young heart in missing his father badly for his mother's sake. But most of the time, he was hiding himself crying out under the blanket at nights."

"Almost every night?" Siwon cringed his eyebrows together.

"Like come on, he was just a 5 years old that time, how can anyone not expect that he will not cry? And he started to become remote towards people, probably missing his dad so much at such young age. Me and my brother were the only friends around that neighbourhood who talked and played with him, and he wouldn't feel uncomfortable with..." Donghae continued.

Siwon nodded in understanding. No wonder, at times, he could feel the sadness in Kyuhyun.

 

"His mother found someone new in her life, a second time for marriage when he was about to turn 7. But...that guy did not want Kyuhyun's mother to bring Kyuhyun into their life. So Kyuhyun's mother was in dilemma. She was happy to find someone whom she thought can rely on for the rest of her life, but yet, the consequence was to give up Kyuhyun."

"And she decided to abandon Kyuhyun just to get married?" Siwon frowned. How can a mother do such a thing on her child?

"Well, we can't blame her. A young widow who had to struggle in life, she has no one to rely on. And how can she reject when she got the chance to start anew with another person?" Donghae explained on behalf of Kyuhyun's mother.

 

"Anyway, ya, she decided to get married with this guy. And just when she was worrying about what to do with Kyuhyun, my mother decided to take in Kyuhyun under her care. At first Kyuhyun was totally not speaking to us at all, for the first few years in our household. It was our sincerity and care towards him, that slowly opened his wounded heart. Though till now, he still feels that he is an extra in our house, often speaking negatively about himself, we do treat him as our own family..."

"And his mother?" Siwon asked.

"She lives in Canada, after she remarried. But she did returned a while, like for a few weeks or few months often to look for Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun was not truly happy whenever they met. The idea of him being abandoned was still in his mind most of the time. She came back a while ago, but will not be back quite a while this time... Probably a few years..." Donghae replied.

"That long..." Siwon mumbled, heart started to ache for Kyuhyun, "I didn't know he has such a background."

"He is a strong self, and my whole family loves and dotes him more than anything." Donghae assured, "So you don't have to feel sorry for him."

"No... I am not feeling sorry for him... I am feeling...pain for him..."

"But I am glad, that he is willing to be friends with you. At least, there is one more person there in his life." Donghae smiled.

 

 

Siwon stepped out from his car, leaning against his car, taking out his phone out of the pocket to type message.

Soon, Kyuhyun was found walking out of the cafe, eyes wandering around till he found Siwon standing against his car.

Does he need to act handsome now?

 

He walked over to Siwon with his folded arms across his chest, "What is the matter? Why don't you come in since you are here and wanted me to be outside?"

Siwon did not say anything, but placing his phone back in his pocket, just to grab Kyuhyun into his arms for a tight hug.

 

"Whhaatttt....???" Kyuhyun gasped.

"Shhhh.... Just let me hug you for a while." Siwon pressed themselves closer, placing his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder.

"But....people are watching...." Kyuhyun roamed his eyes around them, worried that their action would be a misunderstanding in other's eyes.

"I.don't.care." Siwon stated firmly.

"You...are being weird again..." Kyuhyun mumbled, getting comfortable slowly with their chests pressed against each other.

"...Whatever..." Siwon whispered.

 

After a few minutes in total silence, Siwon finally released Kyuhyun, and gripped on Kyuhyun's face.

"Siwon...?" Kyuhyun asked, totally confused with Siwon's action.

"Never, say you are alone anymore. Understand?" Siwon exclaimed, with a serious stare from his eyes.

"What? Is that what you want to say...?" Kyuhyun frowned.

"Never. You are not alone at all." Siwon replied, "Because, you got me... So you are not alone. You.got.me." Siwon affirmed with Kyuhyun, hoping that Kyuhyun will get the message into his head, and not saying negative things about himself.

 

"You are not alone, Kyu..." Siwon smiled, rubbing his thumbs against the soft cheeks.

 

What is that feeling? Why is my heart thumping so fast and hard when he held my face? Why am I having this shivering feel inside me? 

What is going on....?