The Affection

Bound to Love, Bound to You

Kyuhyun returned home after the shocking introduction at Twosome +C4, knowing and understanding a little bit more about Siwon. He slumped himself onto the sofa, feeling so giddy with the information given, letting his head bounced on the edge of the sofa.

 

So...he was born to a rich family, who owns the listed company Twosome +C group, who got car as a gift, and having a Twosome cafe under his name despite him still studying in the university... I should have noticed it...when he is always surrounded by friends, being popular for his fame and family background, and driving an Audi around...

 

Though he knew, there is nothing wrong to befriend a rich boy, and Siwon doesn't seems like the typical arrogant rich boy from a rich family that he watched from TV, Kyuhyun did feel a little out-of-place knowing the huge differences between the two of them. One being an abandoned kid, and one living under the pampered life from the rich family...

 

"No, wait. Why do I care? Not as if I am dating him or something...! Tsk..." Kyuhyun mumbled to himself, letting out a stupid laugh, thinking how silly he was overthinking at these things.

"Who is dating who??" A voice appeared from the back, making Kyuhyun jumped from the sofa.

"Hae hyung!!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, "I didn't know you are home!"

"Do you need to be so surprised? Hahaha!" Donghae slammed himself next to Kyuhyun, "I was home since hours ago. I came back straight after my class."

 

"So, who is dating who? Are you dating someone now?"

"No!!" Kyuhyun shouted.

"But...I heard you saying...dating him..." Donghae gasped, "Are you dating a guy?"

"NOOOO!" Kyuhyun threw a cushion at Donghae.

 

"Okok I am just kidding!!" Donghae removed the cushion off him, "But you do look a little stressed.... Oh yes, you went for an interview, right?"

"Yeah..." Kyuhyun went back to his usual moodless state.

"How was it?" Donghae asked, not noticing the change of mood in Kyuhyun.

"...I got it."

"Ohhhh what job is that?"

"...Working at...Twosome +C4."

 

"Twosome +C4... That sounds familiar..." Donghae thought for a second before he had the answer clicked in his mind, "OHHH That is Siwon's cafe! That cafe is under his name, given by his family."

"Yeah... You are right." Kyuhyun sighed.

"WOW!" Donghae was truly amused, "So you were saying, he introduced you, to work in his cafe?"

"Yeah, seems like it." 

"WOW... That makes you his first friend to work for him. The two of you must be really close..."

Kyuhyun frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Well, he never asked any of his friends to work for him before, to my understanding. Hyukjae told me that, Siwon did not like the idea of his friends to work for him."

 

Kyuhyun started to ponder, if that was the case, why did Siwon introduce the part time job to him?

"Maybe...he is having some pity on me..." And seems like this is the only answer he could think of...

"Nahhh he is not that kind of person." Donghae shook his head, "At least, from what I know, he is not a person who will throw his money out just because he pitys."

"You know him very well, huh?" Kyuhyun arched his eyebrows to question, "Are you in love with him?"

"What?! No!! I don't like him!" Donghae yelped, "I mean, I like him as a friend, but I don't know him that well... And I...I like someone else..."

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, he never heard of Donghae liking someone before.

 

"Oh... So someone here is exactly the one who wants to date..." Kyuhyun smirked," Who is this unlucky girl?"

"Its...I...don't know... Its complicated...WAHHHH DON'T ASK ME ANYMORE!" Donghae jumped from the sofa, and ran upstairs to his room.

"Yah Hae hyung! Why are you blushing like mad?! You are the one who leaked your secret to me! Tsk!!" Kyuhyun shouted.

 

But when he was alone once again, the things that Donghae had said came to his mind. He had no idea what is bothering him, but he just had this uneasy feeling about the whole issue. He just got to know Siwon for a few weeks, being his study buddy in calculus class out of nowehere, and now landed himself a part time job working in Siwon's cafe, earning his money?! Not to mention that Siwon being clingy of befriending him...

Things are moving a little strange...that Kyuhyun can't pinpoint what is wrong...

 

Maybe...I should...not have taken up the job...

--------------------

Siwon walked in of his house, whistling aloud on a happy tune, seems to be in a happy mood. He was greeted by Aunt Mary the housekeeper of his family, who was busy cooking the dinner in the kitchen. 

"Wow, Aunt Mary's signature curry stew beef with potato. Hmmmmm... Whats the occasion today?" Siwon stood next to Aunt Mary to inhale the tasty smell of the stew.

"They are here today." Aunt Mary replied.

"Who?" Siwon questioned.

"The Jung family, who else. With Master Yunho."

"Oh. Them. But I don't see them at the living room."

"Mrs Jung and Miss Jessica are at the study room with Madam. Master Yunho is in your room." Aunt Mary explained.

"Alright..." Siwon took a sip of the gravy, "Taste soooo good!"

"Yah you dirty boy! Go talk to them, don't disturb me here!" Aunt Mary slapped Siwon's hand away.

"But I rather stay here with you!" Siwon backhugged the housekeeper and snuggled on Aunt Mary's shoulder, 

"Yah yah... Do you still think you are the same old 5 years old kid? Shoooo don't bother me."

Siwon laughed and released Aunt Mary, "Alright alright! I will be right back!"

 

Then, he reluctantly moved his legs up the stairs to the rooms. When he reached the study room, he stood outside, and all he could hear, are giggles from the women. They must be discussing things that he is always not keen about, like how they want him to date Jessica... No matter how many times he and Jessica voiced out, the two mothers are always very motivated to bring them together.

Sighing deeply, he stepped away and walked into his room, where he found Yunho standing by his bookcase, reading one of the novels from his novel collection.

 

"Hey." Siwon greeted, "Whats bring you all here?"

"Well, you know, just one of those inpromptu visits. They decided to come, and so they dragged me along." Yunho explained, while his eyes were still on the novel that he was holding onto, "I bet they did not know you are home yet."

"Yeah, they didn't know. I came straight here without talking to them." Siwon walked to his wardrobe and took off his shirt, "I don't think I am able to fit in with the sea of giggles at the moment." He grabbed a tee randomly and put it on before he sat himself on his bed.

"Hahaha sea of giggles!" Yunho laughed, "I would escape that too."

 

Siwon fished out his phone from his pocket to start browsing on his SNS accounts, while he continued the conversation with Yunho, "I thought Jessica is supposed to be out with some friends. Hyukjae told me so."

"Oh well... It must be something you did then, that made her dumped the friends to race here." Yunho explained leisurely.

"What did I do?" Siwon frowned, he did not remember doing anything wrong...

 

"Did you drive your Audi today?" Yunho closed the book and looked at Siwon, with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah... And...something...wrong with that?" Siwon questioned with caution.

"Your Audi Carbiolet?" Yunho prompted.

"Erm...ya... My Audi Carbiolet..." Siwon still don't get the point.

"Your Carbiolet that you hardly drive unless it is for some important events. You don't even drive it around when you go for dates, or let anyone sit in that car. None of your family members or friends, or ex girlfriends sat in that car before." Yunho explained, with much amusement in his tone, "That is whats wrong."

 

Siwon finally had the click in his mind, and formed a circle with his mouth, "Ohhhhhhhh... Right... I didn't realise that..."

"Yeah, and that indeed caused much commotion among the people we know." Yunho chuckled, "THE EVER HANDSOME AND POPULAR CHOI SIWON, WENT ALL OUT FOR THE NEW GIRLFRIEND. No wonder Jessica started to panic..."

"Hey, that is not what you think. Me and Jessica are just friends, she said so herself." Siwon sighed, "And...I am not chasing any girl at all."

"No?! It can't be! Hyukjae said he and the others saw someone in your car!" Yunho exclaimed.

"It is true... And the person in my car, is a guy."

 

"GUY?!" Yunho gasped, "Woah... I didn't know, you have a change of taste!"

"What change of taste?!" Siwon frowned, "It is not like that! He is a friend I just made not long ago. And I was helping him to find a part time job, at Twosome +C4..."

"WOAH WOAH wait!" Yunho gestured for Siwon to stop, "Firstly, you let this person sat in your Carbriolet. Next, you introduced a job in your Twosome +C4 to this person. Siwon, why are you doing things that you never done before? Is this person so special that you are willing to make the exception?"

"I..." Siwon opened his mouth trying to argue, but then, nothing came out from his mouth at all.

"And this person, is a guy?" Yunho promped again.

"Yeah... I...don't...I..." Siwon tried again, but yet, he couldn't find the words to explain his behaviour.

"Is that person you mentioned before, whom you met at the orientation, and met him again at the calculus class, whom you said he is special that you want to know more about?" Yunho finally got everything piece in his head, linking them altogether.

"Yeah... It is him..." Siwon mumbled.

 

"Siwon. You have never show so much interest in a friend, a guy furthermore. And now you are doing things willingly, that you did not like in the first place. Is he really that special?" Yunho asked, in a rather serious tone with concern.

"I...don't know..." Siwon babbled, feeling rather confused out of the sudden with Yunho's words, "I just don't know why...but I was really so drawn to him, that I didn't notice anything strange at all..."

 

"Could it be...?" Yunho mumbled, but he stopped in thinking to that logic, which he finds it ridiculous to suspect.

"What?" Siwon asked, but Yunho shook his head, "Nothing important. Hey, I am hungry, lets go down for dinner. I can't wait for Aunt Mary's signature curry stew!!" And he zoomed out of Siwon's room before Siwon could stop him.

"Whats the hurry...? Not like she will run away..." Siwon followed behind, closing the door of his room, and regretted it once again when he saw the ladies walked out of the study room.

 

"Oh son! You are back!" His mother called out, smiling and hugging Siwon when she saw him, "Auntie Jung and Jessica came for a dinner again."

"And Yunho too. Did you forget him? Hi Auntie Jung. Hey Jessica." Siwon smiled politely.

"My my, you have gotten even more handsome." Auntie Jung smiled, nudging Jessica to walk next to Siwon, while she and Mrs Choi walked in front.

"Mother...!" Jessica hissed softly, but she obeyed the push and followed downstairs with Siwon, "Hi. I am sorry, my mother dragged me and Yunho here out of the sudden." She apologized, with a blush on her face.

"Its ok. This is not the first time anyway." Siwon replied, "I thought you went out with Hyukjae and the rest? He called me along but I couldn't make it."

"Yeah... I was with them a while ago, until my mother called saying she wanted to visit your house. So here we are. Hope you don't mind." Jessica threw a sweet smile at Siwon while she explained.

"Its fine..." Siwon said, totally not affected by the smile from Jessica.

 

Though feeling a little disappointed of Siwon not noticing her smile, she pretended nothing happened and continued with the talk, "So where did you go earlier?"

"Oh... Just something on." Siwon replied.

"But you were driving your Audi Carbiolet... And I...we saw your car driving out of the car park. Seems like someone was seated in the car." Jessica said, carefully not showing her true intention, "That was rare, since you don't allow anyone else to sit in that car..."

"Erm...ya... Seems like it... I didn't realise it myself too." Siwon rubbed the back of his head, averting his eyes somewhere for attention.

"A...girl? You are...fast in chasing after someone... That must be a real special girl, to be able to sit in your Carbriolet..." Jesscia smiled as she spoke, but her eyes were not showing any kind expression.

"Erm... That is..." Wanting very much to avoid the interrogation, he sped up passing through the two mothers and went straight into the kitchen, "Hey Yunho! That is stealing!! Aunt Mary, forbid him from your curry stew later!"

"Hey! That is very rude of you!" Yunho rebuked.

 

Jessica couldn't help but to feel a tinge of annoyance when she was being ignored. But in front of the mothers, she was fast to plaster on the forever princess smile, showing her beautiful and gentle side.

 

Sooner or later... Things will go my way...

--------------------

Siwon was seated at the corner of the cafe, with the document necessary for running the cafe. But his eyes were not on the document, but on a certain person in the cafe, walking around doing his job. in taking orders in serving in cleaning...and even when the person was not doing anything, just standing there greeting the customers.

Yes, he can just sit there, and watch Kyuhyun do his things. All day long...

 

"You know..." Kangin appeared in front of him, placing a cup of americano on the table, "You have been staring at him, for hours..."

"Huh? Did I?!" Siwon blinked to face Kangin, feeling embarrassed to get caught in action.

"Yes you did. And you are always here when he came..." Kangin pointed it out.

"But today is Saturday... You know I always come on weekends..." Siwon tried to reason, but Kangin smirked, knowing Siwon was finding excuses to answer the doubts.

"Yeah, but...yesterday...and the day before yesterday... And on Tuesday... You were here too, when he was working. You hardly came on weekdays, but ever since he started to be a part timer here, you appeared too." Kangin explained, "A little too obvious, my dear boss."

"I...was worried, afraid that he can't cope..." Siwon's eyes went down, pretending to be looking at the document.

"Haha, humour me please. That is not a look of worrisome. That is a look...of admiration." Kangin smirked, as he walked away to attend at the counter.

 

Siwon widened his eyes in disbelief, Admiration?! Me?! Me admiring a guy...?

But his eyes was back staring at Kyuhyun, who was smiling at a pair of female customers. The customers were obviously liking the idea of the pretty face Kyuhyun to take their orders, flushing their thick eye lashes as they spoke. When he walked away, they giggled with their eyes following him around.

What a sweet smile... Is he interested in them that he don't mind smiling so sweetly at them? Why didn't he smile at me like that??

 

When Kyuhyun turned towards Siwon abruptly, Siwon was quick to lower his head, flipping through the papers that he was holding. Kyuhyun frowned, but he turned away almost immediately, continued with his work.

"One mocha latte with extra whipcream, and one cinnamon latte with chocolate sprinkle." Kyuhyun repeated the orders to Kangin at the counter.

"Ok thanks, Kyuhyun." Kangin smiled, "You are picking the things fast huh? Soon I can teach you on the coffee making, and you can be behind the counter making coffee."

"I..." Kyuhyun was not sure if he wanted to speak out his mind about quitting this part time job, but seeing Kangin smiling at him, he did not have the heart to break the news. It was good, after working a few days at Twosome +C4, and he did pick up things fast, learning bits by bits. But...the thought of Siwon possibly taking pity in him came to his mind every now and then, made him rather...uneasy.

 

At the end of the operating time, Kyuhyun and Kangin were the only ones leaving behind to do closing, together with Siwon. Seeing his staffs working hard for the whole day, Siwon stood to offer some help. He walked towards Kyuhyun, taking the rug from his hands, and started to wipe the table that Kyuhyun was cleaning.

"Let me help. You must be very tired by now." Siwon smiled.

Kyuhyun blinked his eyes, "But, you are the boss, you shouldn't do this.  I will..."

"Are you bringing the issue of boss and employee out now? Just let me help..." Siwon pushed Kyuhyun aside, "You can take a break."

"How can I take a break, when you are doing the cleaning? Siwon..." Kyuhyun sighed, "Boss..."

Siwon straighten up, when he heard Kyuhyun addressing him, as boss...

"You called me, boss?"

"You are the boss here, of course, I have to address you correctly. I can't be a rude part time worker, right?" Kyuhyun answered.

"But I thought we are friends..."

"We are...but...that was before you employed me as a worker here." Kyuhyun mumbled. Before you took pity in me and shoving me in this job...

"...Kyuhyun..."

"I need to continue with the cleaning."

Kyuhyun disappeared to the back of the cafe, and back with a pail of water and mop. Not saying anything else, he started mopping the floor, not even looking at Siwon who was staring at him.

 

"Siwon, I have taken out the profits for today..." Kangin raised his head from the counter and stopped his words when he sensed something was not right in the atmosphere.

Kangin walked over to Siwon, and pat him lightly on the shoulder, "Yah, you are doing it again..." 

Siwon regained his conscious, and turned towards Kangin, "Huh? Oh erm... What were you saying?"

Kangin sighed and shook his head, "You looked hurt..."

"...He called me...boss..." Siwon did sound a little dejected.

"Probably you need to talk to him for a while. I have noted down the profits for today. I think I will leave once I locked them in the safe." Kangin said, hinting to give them a little space for some talks.

Siwon nodded, taking in the hints.

 

Once Kangin was out from putting the profits in the safe, Kangin picked up his bag and called for Kyuhyun, "Hey Kyuhyun, thanks for the hardwork, I have to go first. See you tomorrow." He waved, and walked out of the door, not waiting for any responses from Kyuhyun.

"Hey Kangin hyung!" Kyuhyun was startled by the sudden turnabout, "Is he in a hurry?"

"Think so." Siwon spoke, moving closer to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun then realised, he was alone with Siwon in the cafe. Though he could feel Siwon was moving near to him, he continued with his mopping, trying to be ignorant.

 

"Kyuhyun..." Siwon called out, as he took the mop from Kyuhyun's hand, "Can we talk?"

Kyuhyun sighed, "Are you going to do this too, boss?"

"Stop calling me that!" Siwon raised a little in his voice. Kyuhyun was shocked, as he raised his head to face Siwon.

 

"Why are you talking to me like this? Just because I introduced you to work in my cafe?" Siwon threw the mop away, "Are you going to start using formality on me?"

"I don't find it...wrong to do so... So if you want me to talk formally to you, I can do that..." Kyuhyun mumbled.

"No... I don't want that. Why are you thinking that way?" Siwon grabbed Kyuhyun's shoulders, "Is it because you found out about my family, my status, that you started to feel distant with me? I told you, I don't care about having friends who are not as rich as me..."

"Then...why did you get me to work here, when you don't even like to have friends working under you?" Kyuhyun finally voiced out, the question that had been bothering him.

 

Siwon gasped, how did Kyuhyun know about that?

"Are you taking pity in me?" Kyuhyun frowned.

"WHAT?" This time, Siwon couldn't control himself, raising his voice a lot more louder, "So you are saying, I am taking pity in you, and so took you to work here so that I can literally SHOVE my money at you?! Is this how you thought of me?!"

Kyuhyun lowered his head, admitting indirectly to what Siwon had just said.

 

"I didn't know... You are thinking this way..." Siwon released his grip on Kyuhyun, as he stepped backwards ruffling his hair in total disbelief.

"Otherwise, why would you do things that you don't like?" Kyuhyun asked, "I just got to know you for weeks, and there you are, clinging me to be my friend saying you don't want me to be alone, and helping me when I am finding a job. Aren't these a form of pitying someone?"

"NO!" Siwon gasped, "I never thought of pitying someone at all! NOT A SINGLE THOUGHT!"

"You are rich...while I am not. It is hard not to bring my thoughts along that line." Kyuhyun said.

 

"But no. I don't pity you, being rich or poor or whatever. Really." Siwon stepped forward again, placing his hands on Kyuhyun's shoulders.

"Then why, are you willingly helping a friend whom you only got to know for weeks?" Kyuhyun sighed, "Siwon, you don't know me. I might be coming from background that you can never think of..."

"And I don't care!" Siwon shouted, pulling Kyuhyun into his arms, "I don't know why, and I don't know how... I just want to help you. When I see you having troubles of you own, I wanted to be the one who can reach out to you to help you in whatever needs you want, throwing all my dislikes to a side..."

Kyuhyun was surprised by the sudden hug, and his heart started to race as fast as possible, "Siwon..."

"Trust me Kyuhyun, I never pity you. When I first met you, I was sure we can be friends. And luck was with me, when I saw you in the calculus class. You...are a special friend. Different from those I know...that I have this strong feelings...friendship over you... Affection, you can call it." Siwon explained desperately, "Weird I know, but I don't care. Really..."

 

"...You are really a weird person." Kyuhyun sighed, but a smile was formed shortly, knowing that all these were not a form of pitiness, "A weird rich boy who is hugging a guy right now."

"I..." Siwon pulled away releasing Kyuhyun from his arms, "I am sorry... I was just trying to..."

"I know." Kyuhyun nodded, "You don't want to lose me as a friend, and a good part time worker, and a strong study buddy for calculus class." Showing a smirk after he said the last word.

"...And you are so damn right..." Siwon smiled, when he saw Kyuhyun's smirk on his face, knowing things are going on the right track again, "So, are we cool now?"

Kyuhyun hesitated for a while, before he nodded his head, "Yeah we are. Be thankful that I almost wanted to quit this job." And he was back at his snarky mode.

"WHAT?! Just because you thought I am showing pity on you? Is that how you really thought of me?" Siwon yelped, unable to calm down from the commotion that they just had earlier.

"Almost, didn't you heard me?" Kyuhyun picked up the mop from the ground, and continued with his mopping.

"You are NOT going anywhere! You have to stay working here till..."

"Till what? Till I graduate? Till I find a new job?" Kyuhyun asked.

"...Till forever..." Siwon mumbled.

Kyuhyun's ears turned red, when he heard the word 'forever'. Oddly to feel embarrassed on words like this, especially coming from a person of a same gender. But he was oblivious to notice, how odd to be embarrassed, as he was smiling from the bottom of his heart.

 

He is liking this strange form of affection, from Siwon... And slowly throwing away the differences that he and Siwon had in between them...