The Resemblance

Bound to Love, Bound to You

Siwon sat at his workdesk, staring aimlessly at the computer in front of him. Its been an hour, sitting at the same position, looking at a certain wallpaper on his computer's screen. 

A wallpaper of his graduation's photo, with Kyuhyun at his side blushing while the plump lips were on his cheek.

It has been on his computer ever since...Kyuhyun left him.

 

7 years. Yet, no news on Kyuhyun. And how big can Korea be?! How many beaches or seasides can Korea have?

Siwon was sure he had combed all the possible beaches that Korea can have.

Yet...

 

"Where are you Kyuhyun...?" Siwon caressed the screen of his computer, "Why can't I find you anywhere here?"

 

"Are you going to hide from me forever?" 

 

Tears started to brim at the corner of his eyes, as he thought of how mean he was, saying the most hurtful thing to Kyuhyun the last time he saw him. 7 years, and all these years, he spent everyday, every hour, every minute every second, living in regrets.

Regret of not trusting the person he loves the most...

 

Yes, till now, he still loves Kyuhyun. And only Kyuhyun. 

So, he will try...and try harder to get the person he loves most in his entire life, back to his side.

 

Kyu... Please...let me say sorry to you... And I love you over and over again... Siwon wiped his tears away, with his fingers still on the computer's screen, caressing Kyuhyun's face.

 

"You are doing that again." Hyukjae appeared in Siwon's office, just when Siwon was mumbling to himself.

Siwon was first tensed up knowing someone was in the same room as him, but he relaxed the moment he knew it was Hyukjae.

"You should knock." Siwon replied, "And you are supposed to be working, not spying on me."

"As if I got the time to spy on you." Hyukjae scoffed, "I am here to tell you, Jessica is here again, acting like a female boss at level 10."

"....Whatever." Siwon took the document on his table and flipped on reading them, not giving a damn on her.

 

"Wow. 7 years, and you still have no feelings for her. And yet, she is so persistent." Hyukjae stated.

Siwon looked up from his document, "She can try as much as she can. I don't care."

"Wow. You are as persistent." Hyukjae put up a thumb to praise his friend, "But aren't you afraid that your family to set up a trap on you again, to make you marry her?"

Siwon grimaced, the moment he heard the word 'trap', "She can marry the empty air."

Hyukjae sighed, "Somehow, I really pity you..."

"Thanks for your pity, but no thanks. I am not that weak." Siwon rolled his eyes at his best friend, and continued with his reading.

 

After a while of silence, Siwon looked up at the bored-looking Hyukjae, "Aren't you be working now? Is your company that free for you to run around nosing others' business?"

"Well, I have capable people under me to do the jobs. I don't even need to be around." Hyukjae smirked.

"Right, so you can go pester Donghae." Siwon rolled his eyes again.

"Hey! Don't you roll your eyes on me! I am not the only one here, going around to pester the Lee's family anyway." Hyukjae folded his arms across his chest.

 

"But he still don't give you a damn." Siwon reminded.

Hyukjae sighed, "All because of Sunny..."

Hyukjae never give up in trying to get Donghae back, though Donghae remained his stand in staying away from Hyukjae. Even after he explained to Donghae about the girl, Sunny, whom Donghae met 6 years ago at his office is someone nowhere near romantically connected to Hyukjae. Sunny is a longtime friend who are close to Hyukjae's family. Just like how Jessica is close to Siwon's family...

Probably because of that, Donghae was paranoid of this term "longtime family friend", he refused to give a second chance to Hyukjae.

 

Outside of the room, Siwon could hear the most annoying voice that he loathed in the entire world, talking in her happy tone to his staffs. Closing his document, switching off his computer, he stood up and grabbed the coat on the coathanger.

"Lets go." Siwon announced.

"Where?" Hyukjae stood as well.

"Anywhere but here." Siwon opened the door, and true enough, the owner of that annoying voice turned to smile brightly at him.

 

"Siwon~" Jessica waved.

But Siwon did not acknowledge her, and walked towards the elevator, with Hyukjae next to him.

"Siwon!" Jessica tried again, pushing a box of dessert to the staffs and ran after him. But before she could reach them, Siwon and Hyukjae stepped into the elevator and closed the door straightaway.

 

Hyukjae shook his head once they were in the lift, "You can't hide from her all the times."

"If hiding from her can make my life easier, I will hide from her forever." Siwon replied.

"Like how Kyuhyun is hiding from you." Hyukjae just had to pour a wet blanket on Siwon.

"....Thanks for your encouragement." Siwon replied with much sarcasm in his tone, "Good luck in not being thrown out by Donghae too."

"Wow you are mean."

 

But they knew, it was the support from each other, that they are still going strong to fight for their loves. So though with much teasings thrown around, they knew, they have each other's back no matter what.

--------------------

Late at night, after his chores, Kyuhyun walked into the living room, finding Minho sleeping on the couch, with the TV on. Kyuhyun shook his head, and carried Minho up. But with the slight movement, Minho woke up and rubbed his eyes, only seeing himself in Kyuhyun's arms.

"Appa...?" Minho mumbled, with his head resting on Kyuhyun's shoulder while Kyuhyun walked them to his room.

"Minho ah, how many times must I tell you, not to sleep at the living room?" Kyuhyun lectured.

"TV shows are fun..." Minho pouted, and came a loud yawn.

Kyuhyun chuckled at the cute look of Minho, "But when it is time to sleep, you should go to sleep." But Kyuhyun continued to lecture, and placed Minho on his bed, "I can't carry you all the times. You are going to be six soon. You are going to be a bigger boy for appa to carry you."

"But I like being carried by appa..." Minho stated, pulling the blanket over him.

"So...is that why you always sleep on the couch, to trick me to carry you? Huh? Huh???" Kyuhyun chuckled, and tickled Minho lightly.

"No no HAHAHAHA APPA NO!!" Minho laughed as he twisted his body, wanting to escape from the tickles, "Appaaaaa~~~!"

 

Both Kyuhyun and Minho started to roll on Minho's bed, laughing with all their mights in each other's arms. Kyuhyun even brought his head to snuggle on Minho's small tummy, causing more giggles from the young kid.

It was only at time like this, Kyuhyun could really laugh with no worries, just with his precious son. No matter how hard the life is raising his son singlehandedly, it was the carefree nature of his son, that he could put down all his burdens that he had been carrying on his shoulders all these while, and laugh with hs son.

 

Minho, the only remaining source of his life, is the reason he is still living on this world.

 

After a while of playing with Minho, Kyuhyun cupped Minho's face and pressed a kiss on the small forehead suddenly.

"Appa...?" Minho looked curiously at Kyuhyun.

"My son, is growing up so fast huh...?" Kyuhyun smiled, "7 years..."

7 years...of leaving everything behind to stay here...

 

"Appa... Minho will grow up even more, and take care of appa." Minho threw his small arms over Kyuhyun, and made his young declaration for Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was pleased, to hear his son being so well-behaved. Never ask why he has no mother like those young kids in school, or ask why it is only them living in this small apartment...

Seems like Minho could sense or tell, that he is a special kid, even without Kyuhyun telling him everything.

Both are bonded in a special way, like how a mother is bond to her kid...

 

"Good boy Minho... Appa loves you." Kyuhyun smiled and hugged young Minho deep in his arms.

"Minho loves appa too!!" Minho giggled.

 

Feeling all so sentimental everytime Kyuhyun was with his son, Kyuhyun pulled away, "Sleep now, Minho ah. You have school tomorrow."

"Yes appa." Minho kissed Kyuhyun's cheek, and tucked himself back under the blanket, "Goodnight appa."

Kyuhyun smiled, and returned the kiss on Minho's cheek, "Goodnight, my son."

 

Once Minho was in his deep sleep, Kyuhyun tip-toed out of the bedroom, and closed the door behind him. He gave a deep sigh and moved to his bedroom to have his shower. As he the tap letting the hot water pouring on him, Kyuhyun closed his eyes to enjoy the water washing his burden away for the day.

 

Another day, had passed.

 

Living at a remote place surrounded by the sea, where he opened a cafe for living, with the help from the Lee's family. And in a blink, he had been staying here for 7 years.

With Minho.

His son. 

His and....

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, as Siwon's face surfaced in his mind. But he cannot help it, for Minho took a little resemblance from Siwon. Whenever Kyuhyun sees Minho, he could see the shadow of Siwon. It made him sad, that is for sure, but somehow deep in his heart, he was actually glad...to be able to see someone who looks like Siwon in his life. 

Even sharing the same birthday...

 

He would be lying, if he said he never miss Siwon. But...he did not have a single thought to appear in front of Siwon at all.

Not anymore.

So the situation of getting away, seems like the best option.

 

So he can never get hurt again. So he wouldn't recall the pain again...the last disgusted look that Siwon gave him when he was thrown out of Siwon's apartment.

 

Yet, in his mind, secretly not having anyone to know, that he often thought of Siwon. Like at the moment, when he was showering, Siwon's face reappeared in his head.

The face that Siwon had when the both of them were showering together, where Siwon was touching him all over the places...

 

And the face when Siwon ed inside him. Or the face where Siwon whispered the love words to him on bed. Or the face where Siwon showed when Kyuhyun's turn to declare the love words to him.

He could still remember clearly... All of them...

And each and every face of Siwon that appeared in his mind, Kyuhyun could feel the cringe in his heart. And it turned to a slow heart pain that sometimes Kyuhyun could not even breathe properly.

Yet, the cycle would repeat every other days.

 

Call himself an idiot, for he allowed himself to reminisce certain memories on his own accord. And the more he rejected it, the more the memories came back like ocean waves...

 

"How are you doing now?" Kyuhyun closed his eyes, placing his head against the cold tile of the bathroom's wall, as he whispered.

 

"How...are you...?"

--------------------

Just upon reaching his apartment, Siwon received a call from his mother. Sighing heavily, he threw the phone aside and went in to his room to wash himself up. He wasn't keen in having a conversation with his mother at the moment, knowing what kind of stuffs she is going to feed him. Ignoring the non-stop ringing tone, Siwon took his time to drown himself under the running tap, feeling the ease throughout his body.

And came Kyuhyun's face in his mind again. The moment where they shared the first shower in this very bathroom... Their first night together...their first shared intimacy of connection...

 

"You are indeed my beautiful queen... Ever since I saw you the first time more than a year ago... Still as beautiful..."

"But... I haven't finish my admiration at your ... So pure, so tame... And so delicious-looking...and gorgeous... And soft..."

 

 

"You are...hard..."

"I have been hard...ever since you said you want to stay with me tonight... And I am really scare...I cannot control myself..."

 

Siwon placed his head against the cold tile of the bathroom's wall, as he teared thinking of Kyuhyun.

The smiling Kyuhyun, the blushing Kyuhyun, the adorable Kyuhyun, the beautiful Kyuhyun...

And the crying, pleading Kyuhyun.

 

"I miss you...Kyu..." Siwon mumbled, clenching hard where his heart is, for he had been blaming himself for the harshness that he had given to Kyuhyun.

 

After a full hour in his remorseful moment, Siwon stepped out of the bathroom, and went on to his daily routine - checking and marking off each and every possible and impossible places that he had been hunting for the past 6 years. He was sure, he almost combed all beaches and seasides in Korea, even those remoted ones where almost zero people would know about. Yet, still no sign of Kyuhyun. 

"Are you really still in Korea?" Siwon asked to himself, as he marked another area which was recently proven no sign of Kyuhyun.

But he was sure Kyuhyun is still in Korea, for he had put up a bit of money to get an insider information from the custom. No name of Cho Kyuhyun had left Korea in the past 7 years.

 

So...where could he be?

 

Siwon sighed, pinching lightly on his temple, when his phone started to ring again. Exhaled deeply, Siwon knew his mother will never give up unless he answered her calls. Exited from his room, Siwon picked up the phone on the couch to answer.

"Finally.. Siwon ah... Why didn't you answer my calls?" Siwon's mother scolded the moment Siwon answered the call.

"Mother."

"Siwon ah... Its been...six months since you came home."

"Mother. I am busy." Siwon simply brushed off.

"Of what? Your father said you hardly talk to him at work too. And even so, it is due to work. Siwon ah..."

"I am a grown up now. I can take care of myself. Besides," Siwon sighed, "You should know...why."

"....Siwon ah. I know...you did not like us meddling with your relationship. But Jessica..." 

"Mother. I told you numerous times, and I will tell you again. Stop pairing me with her. Its has been 7 freaking years!! 7 YEARS! Aren't you sick and tired over that?!" Siwon finally flared up, hearing the name that he loathed the most, "And don't tell me that father would be happy to see me marrying her, because that is the most annoying thing that I ever heard!"

 

"Siwon ah..." Siwon could hear the sobs coming from his mother, but that didn't erase his anger on his family. Though his mother was not involved in the trap that broke them apart...

"Mother. Stop with this, and of her coming to the office as if she owns the world, then I will consider to go home for a dinner. Without her in the house." 

Without waiting for his mother's reply, Siwon hanged up the call and threw the phone back on the couch before he slammed his bedroom's door.

 

Back to his desk where he had previously worked on the hunting of Kyuhyun, Siwon closed his eyes as he tried to calm himself down from the outburst on his mother. He knew, he shouldn't be throwing his temper on his mother. And he knew, he shouldn't let out too much of his emotion as he had been trying to compress himself in front of his family, not wanting to show how much he actually misses Kyuhyun. Afraid for his father to get to know his true feelings, and in turn to do the hunting down on Kyuhyun, and inflict more pain on him...

But he just cannot control himself... For the past 7 years and longer...of them trying to pull him and Jessica together.. That it gets to his nerves, all the times.

 

And it was the next morning, when Siwon woke up abruptly. Only then he found himself at the original position of him in front of the desk. He had dozed off, while working in finding Kyuhyun. And another day had started, with no news on Kyuhyun...

Maybe...its time to pay a visit to the Lee's family again.

 

Walking out of his room after freshening up, he picked up his phone where he last threw after a heated conversation with his mother the previous night. Browsing through the missed calls and texts, only one managed to catch his attention. 

From Kangin.

 

"Siwon, we have given an approval to do site recce at and along Gyeongpo beach. The extension is stretched to an area further astrays from the main attraction."

Siwon had been wanting to set up a cafe by the seaside, fulfiling the dream that he and Kyuhyun had in mind. And Gyeongpo beach was one place where he and Kangin went a few years back to search for Kyuhyun initially. But he fell in love with the place for the nature, and had been keeing the beach in mind to make it a possible place to have his dream comes true, living there after he found Kyuhyun. Just a few months ago, he decided to take a bigger step in making his dream a real one and with even more stable finance, therefore he seeked for approval to do a site recce, possibly to build a house and a Twosome there.

 

A wishful dream that he sincerely hopes, Kyuhyun can be part of it...

 

Knowing it was a Saturday and a good excuse to be away for a day or so, Siwon arranged to travel Gyeongpo, which is just a few hours away driving from Seoul. Together with Kangin and the almost unwilling Hyukjae.

"I have plans to visit Donghae..." Hyukjae sulked, at the back of Siwon's Audi Spyder R8, "Why ruined my weekend?"

"Because I am saving you, from more embarrassment." Siwon stated matter-of-factly, "He wouldn't see you. So waste your weekend with him pouring cold water on you again?"

Hyukjae puffed, "He had not been pouring water on me for ages."

Which is true... For he was less pissed and pushy with Siwon lately as well, whenever Siwon appeared at the Lee's house to find out about Kyuhyun, though he always returned home obtaining no new information on Kyuhyun. They are still shutting up about Kyuhyun, no matter how many times Siwon pleaded them...

At least, Donghae is no longer throwing nasty comments at him.

 

Reaching Gyeongpo after a few hours of driving, the first thing that they felt, was the fresh air coming from the sea. That was really refreshed, though it was in March and the weather was a little chilling for a seaside trip. Even the sulking Hyukjae started to feel comfortable with the breeze blowing on his face. 

"It still look the same as I remembered..." Siwon mumbled, recalling the first time he came here, main priority to look for Kyuhyun. Never in his mind, that he will end up taking a liking to this place.

"Further down, there is actually a living area for the people staying here. I think it will be great to have a Twosome here." Kangin pointed out to Hyukjae, "We went there before, to look for Kyuhyun. But no one seems to know him. Siwon ended up loving that place and decided to propose having a grand Twosome there."

 

Driving along the seaside further away from the main attraction, lesser people appearing at the seaside, and getting into a more remote area where people are actually living there. And there, he saw a lone cafe by the seaside.

"Is the cafe there when we came few years ago?" Siwon asked, pointing to the right.

Kangin and Hyukjae turned to see, and true enough, a small cafe painted in blue and green stood facing the seaside.

"It wasn't there in the first place." Kangin frowned, "And it wasn't record in the list of shops that I obtained from."

"Could it be new?" Hyukjae asked.

 

Siwon stopped the car, as he found the scene of a single alone cafe by the seaside, rather beautiful. With the sky and sea as background, in the matching colours of the nature, it was an exact picture that he had in mind...

Without realising, he got of the car to walk towards that cafe. Coming nearer to the cafe, he read the name of the cafe.

 

WK 1013 Cafe

 

"W...K 1013..." Siwon mumbled, as he had his hands touching the surface of this cafe. Suddenly, he felt a rush of unexplained excitement. He is in love with this cafe already. Not knowing why, he just loves it.

Kangin and Hyukjae followed behind him, puzzled with him being so curious over this small cafe.

"Siwon..." Hyukjae called out, looking left and right at the same time, afraid that the owner might appeared and be annoyed with Siwon for touching the cafe without permission.

 

"Just like how I picture... A cafe standing alone by the seaside, facing the nature... Look, there is a wooden platform on the sand!" Siwon exclaimed excitedly, pointing at the platform while he turned to face his friends.

Kangin and Hyukjae threw a look at each other and shrugged for the weird excitement that Siwon had.

 

Just then, two figures walking hand in hand approaching closer to the cafe, were startled to see visitors at the cafe, where it was just in the late morning.

"Excuse me, we are not open yet." A voice snapped to bring Siwon, Kangin and Hyukjae to turn to the voice. Which caused a gasp from the speaker.

 

Jungsu was shocked to see the faces that he thought he will never see again, especially one of the faces look so much like the little one he was holding onto now... He pulled Minho to stand behind him, hiding Minho from the curious eyes.

"Minho ah, do not speak anything, understand?" Jungsu whispered. Minho though curious, but he nodded his small head.

Better to hide Minho away from them...

 

Kangin seems to remember something as he gasped as well.

"Ahh, I have seen and talked to you before." Kangin pointed out, "Are you the owner here?"

"Kangin, you knew him?" Siwon pondered.

"I asked him about... But I doubt he remembered. Its been years anyway." Kangin replied.

"Why I have no recollection of seeing that person?" Siwon wondered, trying to recall the first time he was here.

"You were roaming somewhere when I was doing the check for you, remember?" Kangin answered for him.

"Asked about what?" Hyukjae was getting curious, as he was not part of the first visit, and he was not pleased being left out.

 

But before Kangin could answer, Jungu slammed the bag of groceries on the table outside the cafe, looking rather annoyed, "Yah, don't stand at other's shop and chat like nobody's business! Get out!" 

"Hey, don't be so rude! We are just passing by, and found your cafe is adorable, so we stopped by to admire it!" Hyukjae frowned at the rudeness of this man, who is he to flare at them?!

 

Jungsu got even agitated hearing the word 'passing by', for what reason they are passing by? Him passing by?

"I told you, there is no such person named Cho Kyuhyun. You can leave now!" Jungsu brushed them off, pulling Minho closer to him.

Siwon widened his eyes as he heard Kyuhyun's name from this flaring man.

"Hey hey, we were not here to ask about Kyuhyun. We were just..." Kangin tried to explain, but Siwon pulled Kangin to the side.

 

"Kyuhyun? He knew about Kyuhyun?!" Siwon pressed on Kangin's arm for an answer.

"No. He did not know." Kangin shook his head, "I asked him when we came here the first time, but he said he had no idea."

Siwon then released the grip on Kangin's arm, "Sorry... I thought..."

"If he knew, I would have told you. But seems like, he is not here..." Kangin pat on Siwon's shoulder.

 

Jungsu overheard the short conversation between Siwon and Kangin, and he was sure, these people knew Kyuhyun.

Especially that tall handsome looking one...

 

"Now, excuse me, I got a shop to open. Please leave." Jungsu stated again.

"We are sorry." Kangin bowed and attempt to pull Siwon and Hyukjae along as he walked. But Siwon remained firm on his stand, as he noticed about the boy hiding behind Jungsu earlier. 

 

Jungsu placed Minho on the small chair, patting his head after giving him a packet of milk. Minho smiled, with his eyes twinkled looking at Jungsu, and went on to drink the milk through a straw. While kicking his small legs in the air as his legs were too short to touch the ground, and tilting his head left and right as he watched Jungsu getting ready to open the cafe. 

Siwon could not have his eyes tear away from the boy, looking closely at each and every movement that the boy had. Because he found the boy...behaved very much like Kyuhyun...

The way his eyes twinkle, the way he drinks, the way he tilted his head...

 

He thought he saw the shadow of Kyuhyun in the boy...

 

Wriggled himself out of Kangin's grip, Siwon stepped forward to look closer at the boy. And he thought...he saw himself in the boy as he observed closely. The boy...has a pair of big round eyes, just like him. And a pair of deep dimples when he laughed looking at Jungsu...

The exact position of his dimples just like him when he smiled or laughed...

 

Jungsu seems to notice at Siwon who was getting closer to Minho, immediately, he dropped everything he had in hands, and dashed to block Minho away from Siwon.

"Yah, didn't I told you to leave?" Jungsu frowned, "Please, leave. There is no business of you here."

"Whose kid is that? Is he your son?" Siwon ignored whatever Jungsu was saying, and went on to ask about the boy behind Jungsu.

"That is none of your business. Now, leave. Before I call police to report you on harassment!" Jungsu exclaimed fiercely, pushing Siwon away from Minho.

 

Seeing Siwon being pushed, Hyukjae and Kangin went upfront.

"You know you don't have to be so rude to us, like we said, we were just passing by!" Hyukjae supported Siwon, preventing him from falling because of the push.

"Then passed on. And don't come back. You are not welcome here." And with that he took Minho off from the chair, and took him further into the cafe, away from the curious eyes.

 

"Yah, come on, lets go, Siwon. Forget about that rude man. He is behaving like Donghae...no...he is WORST than Donghae. We did not offend him on anything, right? Pfffftttt what a rude man!" Hyukjae walked away from the cafe, intending to go back to the car.

But Siwon stood still. And he started to process the words that Jungsu had. 

 

"Why did he said, we are not welcome here?" Siwon asked Kangin, whose expression was as curious.

True enough...why was that man so agitated with them? And this was supposed to be the first time, he met Siwon, because the person who asked him about Kyuhyun ages ago, was Kangin himself, not Siwon...

 

"Why...did I see myself and Kyuhyun...in that boy?"