The Flashback

Bound to Love, Bound to You

2007...

"Kyuhyun ah, we are reaching soon..." Kyuhyun opened his eyes when he felt the nudge on his shoulder, "Kyuhyun ah..."

He blinked and rubbed his eyes, and lifted his head from the headrest to check his location.

"Are you feeling alright?" It was Donghae who woke him up.

Kyuhyun nodded his head slowly, but still feeling as tired, "Where are we going?"

 

"Gyeongpo." Sungmin replied, who was driving the car to the desination, "You went straight to sleep the moment we took off."

"I am sorry hyung... I was just too..." Kyuhyun apologized, but Donghae shook his head as he placed their hands together.

"We understood. You don't have to bother so much on that." Donghae said, "You are entitled to do whatever you want, sleep whenever you feel like it."

Kyuhyun nodded once more and placed his head on Donghae's shoulder as he yawned.

"Is the baby straining you?" Donghae asked, seeing Kyuhyun was quick to fall into tiredness so easily.

"Guess not.." Kyuhyun replied, "The doctor said...for males to carry a baby inside, could be more tedious than a woman... So probably that is why..."

"But you are just 2 months into the pregnancy." Sungmin frowned, "And you are this drained..."

"And all because of that idiot," Donghae scolded, "Is it worth it, Kyu?"

 

Kyuhyun brought his hand to caress his still flat tummy, "I don't know if it is worth it...but the moment I couldn't bring myself to...end my because of the baby... I guess, this is my destiny to keep him."

"Him? How did you know the baby is a him?" Donghae asked curiously.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders, "Just got a feeling..." And he trailed off falling into silence, with his hand patting gently on his tummy...

 

Will you grow up to be like...him?

 

Another half an hour in the car and they reached the destination. The moment Kyuhyun got out of the car, with the freshness from the air and the sea, he felt at ease immediately, and loving the place right away. But at the same time, he had a cringe in his heart, for he recalled a certain memory of them talking about living by the sea if the circumstances never allow them to be together...

Tears started to brew in his eyes, with images of them smiling lovingly talking about the ridiculous runaway plan.

 

"Kyu," Donghae wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun out of the sudden, "Don't think so much anymore..."

Kyuhyun sniffed as he allowed the tears to drop. Donghae caught that, yet he did not say anything to further upset Kyuhyun. For a minute, they stood looking at the peaceful sea, placing their heads together while Kyuhyun calmed himself down gradually.

"Hey I need a help here, brother!" Sungmin shouted, pulling up the boot of the car, "Come on! Before Kyuhyun catches a cold from the wind."

"Hyung I am not that weak...!" Kyuhyun shouted as Donghae grumbled back to Sungmin, but just after he denied, he felt a wave of giddiness and he wavered a little from the unbalanced.

 

"KYUHYUN!" Both Donghae and Sungmin shouted at the same time, but before they two could reach Kyuhyun, someone who were passing by them caught Kyuhyun who was almost toppled to the ground.

"Hey, are you alright?" The stranger asked.

"Yeah... I am fine..." Kyuhyun replied, as he tried to stay firmed on his stand, not looking at the stranger who just helped him.

 

"Jungsu hyung?" The moment the Lee brothers reached Kyuhyun, Sungmin pointed out to the stranger.

The stranger looked up and broke into a grin the moment he saw the voice that called out for him, "Sungmin?"

He grinned even further when he saw Donghae, "Donghae! Why were the two of you...?"

 

"If the two of you are here...then this must be..." Jungsu took a closer look at Kyuhyun in his hands, and he gasped, "Kyuhyun?"

 

It turned out that Jungsu was a senior in Sungmin's high school, and he got to know Donghae and Kyuhyun when he once went to the Lee house for a visit and he hit off with the boys straight away. But due to some issues, he had to leave Seoul the moment he graduated from high school. And he never return to Seoul ever since, therefore they had lost contact with one another.

 

"So now you are staying here?" Donghae asked.

"Yeah, after my folks passed away, and though I could have return to Seoul, I started to have this urge of wanting to stay put, at the place where they had spent most of their lives here." Jungsu explained, "And gradually, I can't find a reason to leave this place anymore."

"I am sorry to hear that, Hyung." Sungmin hugged Jungsu, wanting to give him a piece of comfort.

"Nah, it is ok... I am not that weak, remember?" Jungsu pat on Sungmin's back, "I am some sort of a boss myself, renting out the small apartments that my parents left for me. So I am pretty well suriving great on my own."

 

Jungsu took a look at the others and sensed a rather depressing atmosphere in them, "So, what brings you here?"

 

 

Kyuhyun was not in the right mood to recall what had happened to him to Jungsu, so he wandered around, observing the surroundings, while the Lee brothers told his story to Jungsu. Though he knew what sort of reaction he would receive once Jungsu had learnt everthing, he was just as surprised when Jungsu bellowed at the end and rushed to grab Kyuhyun on his shoulders.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" Jungsu yelled, "ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THINKING OF ENDING YOUR LIFE? FOR A BASTARD?!"

Kyuhyun blinked his eyes as Jungsu flared at him, for a second he couldn't process his mind fast enough. 

 

Probably due to the pregnancy, making me so slow...

 

"Hyung..." 

"Don't you dare hyung at me," Jungus snapped, "And you dropped out of the university because of this too?!"

Kyuhyun hesitated but he nodded his head, "I just can't possibly to attend lessons while..." Kyuhyun placed his hand over his tummy, "While the baby is growing in me..."

"But, this is not as easy as you thought, Kyu!" Jungsu shook Kyuhyun's shoulders slightly, "You are not a woman, so you are definitely lacking what a woman can provide for the baby. If anything goes wrong,  you could have kill...."

 

"I know, hyung..." Kyuhyun placed his hands on Jungsu's hands, "I know...but..I can't...leave the baby just like that... He is already part of me..."

Jungsu gave a concerned look at Kyuhyun before he pulled Kyuhyun closer into his embrace and weeped, "Oh Kyuhyun! Why are you so silly?!"

Kyuhyun placed his head on Jungsu's shoulder, while he sobbed due to the emotion that Jungsu was throwing out. 

 

"Hey hyung..." Sungmin placed his hands on both Kyuhyun and Jungsu, "We need to watch the emotion here. Kyuhyun is very sensitive now with his pregnancy, that he might just burst out without any good reason. So lets watch our mood carefully..."

Jungsu nodded with agreement and apologized for his recklessness, wiping his tears off immediately. Kyuhyun took a little longer to control his behaviour, feeling even more weak after the outburst.

"So hyung," Sungmin clapped his hands to have a change in the atmosphere, "You said you have a few small apartments, do you have a spare one to rent for Kyuhyun temporary?"

 

 

4 months into pregnancy...

Kyuhyun rushed into the bathroom the moment his lips touched the food that Ryeowook had prepared for him. Jungsu shared a worried look with Ryeowook and followed Kyuhyun into the bathroom. Kyuhyun was kneeling in front of the toilet bowl, hugging it as he had his morning sickness.

"Are you alright, Kyu?" Jungsu asked, patting on Kyuhyun's back.

Kyuhyun waved his hand up, unable to make a response.

"Should we get the doctor to attend to you?" Jungsu asked once more.

 

Once sure that the morning sickness was over, Kyuhyun shook his head as he mumbled, "I...am fine..."

"But this morning sickness issue is getting worse!" Jungsu exclaimed, "You need to get a check..."

 

"I AM FINE HYUNG!" Kyuhyun snapped, slapping Jungsu's hand away, but was soon regretted with his action, "I didn't..."

Jungsu sighed, placing his hands on Kyuhyun's shoulders to give him a squeeze, "I know... Don't worry. You are just temperamental because of pregnancy."

Kyuhyun sniffed as he held his tummy gently, "I did not want a check just because of this morning sickness... He...will inject some weird things into me...and...I am afraid that he will hurt...the baby."

Jungsu ruffled Kyuhyun's hair affectionately, "Silly. You are thinking too much. Your baby will be fine."

 

Though still having doubts, Kyuhyun nodded. The next minute, he was feeling weak and had to grasp on the sink for support.

"Woah be careful there." Jungsu caught hold of Kyuhyun, "You need to eat for the energy. I will get Ryeowook to prepare something light."

But Kyuhyun shook his head, "I just want to lie down... Besides, there is nothing that I can eat without having the nausea feeling at all."

"But you can't go around without any food!" Jungsu brought Kyuhyun out of the bathroom as he spoke, "We will figure out a way to solve the problem."

 

Kyuhyun reached his bedroom and the next moment, he was falling asleep, with his hands protecting over his tummy. Jungsu and Ryeowook had their hearts cringed when they took in the sight of the over-tiring Kyuhyun.

"What should we do now?"

 

 

6 months into pregnancy...

"No!" Kyuhyun screamed as he woke up from his sleep. It was the nightmare that he had recently.

The very scene of Siwon throwing him out of the apartment and he was sobbing to beg Siwon.

 

He sat up straight and curled himself into his knees as he burst out crying out of control.

With his heart aching, as if a thousand knives were piercing his heart.

 

That agonizing emotion that was tearing him apart...

 

He sobbed and sobbed, till he was out of strength to continue with his emotion outbreak. Just when he was about to fall back onto the bed, he felt a cramp inside his tummy, like something was clenching tight inside him.

It was a kind of physical pain that he had never experienced before.

 

"Kyuhyun ah, do you want a glass of...." Donghae walked into Kyuhyun's room with a tray of the food that Kyuhyun was used to having and a glass of milk, but the moment he saw Kyuhyun was curled up with his hands hugging his tummy, face was dripping with beads of sweat and an expression full of pain.

"KYUHYUN!" Donghae dropped the tray and dashed towards Kyuhyun, "Kyuhyun ah!!!!" He shouted as he held Kyuhyun up, "Kyuhyun ah!! What happened?! Why are you sweating like this? Kyuhyun!!"

"Hyu...hyung..." Kyuhyun breathed, "My tummy... Baby..."

"HANG IN THERE KYU AH!" Donghae exclaimed, before heran out of the bedroom as he screamed for help, "HYUNG!! JUNGSU HYUNG!! KYUHYUN~"

 

Jungsu and Ryeowook who were in the kitchen, dropped everything in their hands and rushed for the shout from Donghae. Seeing the sight of Kyuhyun in deep pain, without another thought, the stronger Jungsu scooped up Kyuhyun and ran out of the room, "Donghae ah, call the doctor to prepare for Kyuhyun!"

Donghae nodded and ran after Jungsu together with Ryeowook while he dialed the number for the gynae.

 

After an hour at the hospital, the doctor walked out of the ward with a grimace look on his face.

"The baby boy is not doing well." The doctor explained, "Firstly, having a baby in a male body is a risk for the baby might not have the proper needs as of from a female. And he is not on the correct diet to give the nutritions to the baby. Then, the baby is not at the correct position with his growth inside Mr Cho, which was the cause for the earlier pain. In addition...his emotion is not helping with everything that is piling on him. From his swollen puffy eyes, I assumed he had a outbreak of emotion before the pain came."

The three gave an exchanged look, and getting even more worried after hearing the explanation from the doctor.

"If this continues, not only there might be a risk to the baby, but to him as well," The doctor continued, "And he could fall into prenatal depression."

"Depression?!" Donghae gasped. And the three shared another worried look.

 

"How is he now?" Jungsu asked.

"I have given him the glucose infusion to pump the sugar in him, but to avoid him falling into depression, he has to control his emotion. As for correcting the position, either to wait for the baby to correct back as he grows, or I have to correct it using a more complicated method but it will cause a lot more pain to Mr Cho and may harm the baby in the process...so..." The doctor hesitated wondering if it is fine to voice his opinion.

"What is it, doctor?" Ryeowook pressed on.

 

"So it would be better for Mr Cho to give up the baby..." The doctor finished.

 

The three went into silence as they took in the doctor's advice. And no doubt, they shared the same agreement though they didn't voice out openly, that is the best option for Kyuhyun, for him to end the pain that was suffocating himself and his life, to end the connection between him and the other guy...

 

"NO!" Kyuhyun's voice came the next. They turned as they heard Kyuhyun, and found him standing the doorframe, grabbing on for support.

"Kyuhyun..." Donghae stepped forward wanting to hold Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun waved Donghae away.

"Did you just say...baby boy?" Kyuhyun asked, "My baby is a boy?"

"Yes..." The doctor admitted, "The baby inside you, is a boy."

 

"A boy..." Kyuhyun mumbled, placing his hands over the tummy, "My baby boy...."

"But Kyuhyun, you could be in danger, because of the baby. You have to think of yourself." Donghae tried to reason with Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun shot a glare at Donghae.

 

"MYSELF?! WHAT ELSE CAN I THINK MYSELF OF?!" Kyuhyun cried the next second, "Hyung, look at me! I am a broken puppet! A broken puppet that was thrown away, twice! I am nothing but a piece of that was being thrown away!"

"Kyuhyun ah!" Donghae grabbed Kyuhyun's shoulders and shook him slightly, "Stop with those rubbish in your head!!"

"But hyung..." Kyuhyun sobbed, "Though I was so depressed, so hurt... I still want to cling onto the little hope that destiny had given me... Even though I am a broken person with the broken heart."

 

"Not for myself...but for the baby inside me... My baby boy..."

 

"It hurts...really hyung... It hurts me everytime I think about how he looked at me with that disgusted look...how he dumped me out of his place...how he refused to listen to me...it hurts..." Kyuhyun held Donghae and placed his head on Donghae's shoulder as he cried, "But I couldn't bring myself to let go off the baby that he left in me. I just can't... I...still love him... Hyung... I still love him..."

 

It took a while more for Kyuhyun to finally calm himself down after releasing all the emotion that he had burdened them inside his broken heart. And only after much begging and pleading, the trio then compromised to agree with Kyuhyun's wishes, though they were even more anxious than before, for Kyuhyun was risking his life to keep the baby...

 

 

7th April 2008...

"The baby is still facing the wrong direction. And he is soon going to have difficulty inside, so we have to do operation to get the baby out. Mr Cho, do you understand the situation?" The doctor explained to the panting Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded, "I do.."

"There is certain risk, as your body doesn't work like a female. The moment the baby is out, you will lose a lot of blood..." The doctor continued, but Kyuhyun nodded his head once more, to acknowledge the danger in the operation.

 

"Please...save my son first."

 

An hour later...

"Quick!! He is losing a lot of blood!" A nurse dashed out of the operation room and yelled to the other nurses for more blood infusion.

The Lee family together with Jungsu and Ryeowook were waiting outside the operation room anxiously, eyeing at each other with worried expression on their faces. 

A nurse came running back to the operation room, Donghae stalled her by grabbing her arm, "What happened inside?!"

"The patient is losing a lot of blood after the baby is out. If the blood can't be stopped..."

 

"NO! YOU GOT TO SAVE KYUHYUN!!" Donghae got agitated and shook the nurse ferociously, "YOU GOT TO SAVE HIM!"

"Donghae ah," Sungmin came forward and soothed his brother, "Let them do their job in peace."

"He will be fine..." Their father placed his hands on his sons as well, "Kyuhyun is a strong boy. He will be strong for his son too."

 

 

6 hours later...

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and found himself lying in a private ward. He blinked his eyes to get used of the light and the surrounding.

"Kyuhyun ah?" A voice by the side called out for him.

"Aju...ajumma?" Kyuhyun recognised the voice that was calling for him, was Mrs Lee. What a gentle voice calling for him.

"Kyuhyun ah..." Mrs Lee smiled with her hands holding onto Kyuhyun's, "You have done well, my dear. You came back for us."

"C...came back?" Kyuhyun asked, while he tried to get himself up from the bed.

"Easy dear... You are still having a weak body." Not wanting Kyuhyun exert too much on his still-recovering strength, "You should not move yourself too much."

 

"Ajumma..." Kyuhyun looked around but found no one except Mrs Lee, "Where...are the others...?"

"They were at the babies' room, to look at your baby." Mrs Lee replied.

Kyuhyun's eyes got bright immediately when he heard about his baby, "Is...is he fine?!"

Mrs Lee smiled, "Yes, he is. He is very fine."

 

"Then...why didn't you join them?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I want you to have someone here, like your mother here...when you are awake."

 

Kyuhyun could feel the warmth building in him, as he took in Mrs Lee's words, and tears started to brew his eyes. Especially at this stage where his emotion was at the weakest defence. He ignored the pain on his tummy and threw his arms around Mrs Lee with his tears gushing out uncontrollably. Mrs Lee was shocked with Kyuhyun's affection for he never showed so much towards her, but she smiled accepting the hugs from Kyuhyun, and patted on his back, giving him the comfort that he needs.

 

"Kyuhyun ah!!" Donghae burst in pushing the baby trolley along, "Your baby is here to see you!"

"Shhhh...! You are making too much noise! You will wake the baby up!" Jungsu slapped Donghae to keep his volume down.

Sungmin shook his head and took over pushing the trolley closer to Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun pulled away from Mrs Lee, eagerly stretching his head to take a closer view of his baby.

"Here you are, Kyuhyun."  Sungmin smiled.

 

Kyuhyun held his breath as he reached out for his son, caressing the little cheeks, and touching the little fingers around his own. 

His son...his precious son...

 

"He is so little..." Kyuhyun weeped once more, "So small...so...handsome. He is my son..." 

"Of course he is your son, silly." Sungmin smiled and ruffled Kyuhyun's hair, "Your handsome son."

 

"Have you thought of the name for the baby?" Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun stared at his son as he had a name came out in his mind, "Min...ho..."

 

"Choi Minho."

 

And a new emotion started to arise in his heart, taking over all the unstable negativities inside him.

As he smiled at his son, for the first time after so long...smiling at his son.

 

 

2011...

Kyuhyun was tucking Minho for an afternoon nap when someone rang the doorbell.

"Minho ah, appa will be right back. Minho be a good boy, ok?" Kyuhyun ruffled Minho's hair and placed a kiss on the small forehead before he left the bedroom to attend the door.

"Appa..." Minho yawned and fall deepened onto the pillows for his nap.

 

And Kyuhyun got a shock when he saw the people standing by his doorsteps.

"Mother...?" Kyuhyun called out, "Henry...?"

The next moment, his mother took Kyuhyun into her arms and cried, "Kyuhyun ah!"

 

It was only after an hour of cries that his mother calmed down sitting at the living room. His mother got to know about Kyuhyun as she visited the Lees after so many years at Canada. She brought Henry along with her, to give her the courage to face Kyuhyun once again. Never in her mind that she would expect, for Kyuhyun to go through such events in his life, and even of having a son. Right after she got hold of Kyuhyun's whereabout, she came straight to Gyeongpo.

 

"I am sorry, Kyuhyun... It was all my fault... I shouldn't have leave you behind... I should have taken you with me to Canada... And so you wouldn't be facing this all by myself... I am so sorry..." His mother apologized again and again.

Though Kyuhyun never really forgive his mother, but through the years of having Minho, he started to ease the strained bond gradually that he had with his mother always. He took his mother's and Henry's hands and overlapped them with his own, showing how much he had let go of his burden in his heart through the action.

"Minho had just fallen asleep for his nap. So you have to wait a little longer for him to be awake." Kyuhyun said.

 

The rest of the day was spent, preparing dinner together as a family, with a much heartwarming environment than ever. When Minho was awake, the apartment was even more lively, with Kyuhyun's mother fussing over her grandson, and Henry playing as much with him, doing his part as an uncle. Kyuhyun was grateful, for his family to be here, knowing more about him and his son.

No matter how far they will be the next day, he could feel their presence with him.

 

But he can't say the same...if Siwon were to appear in front of him again...

Will the day comes anyway...?

Will he wants Siwon to appear at his doorsteps too...?

 

Is he ready...to face Siwon just like how he faced his mother? 

What if...the pain never disappear?

 

Just before his mother and Henry were to leave the apartment, she shoved an envelope to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun took a look inside, and found a cheque inside the envelope.

A cheque of $500 millions.

"What...?" Kyuhyun gasped.

"This is for you and Minho." His mother explained, "Treat it as a gift from me, your mother who never take a good care of you."

"Mother..." 

"I am not saying I am a good mother... So...accept this as a gift..." His mother brought her hand up to on Kyuhyun's cheek, "Get yourself an apartment, and not renting from others, and start a small business. My son is such a smart kid, he shouldn't be wasting his smartness..."

Kyuhyun threw himself around his mother, mumbling his thanks non-stop. Henry smiled and wrapped himself around them as well, "We will come visit you more often. Because I am already missing hyung and my nephew."

Kyuhyun nodded, tightening his hug on his family as they whispered words of care and concern before they finally released themselves, to bid the farewell.

 

And his heart felt even more at ease, having another burden to be removed inside him...

Not wanting to think of anymore unnecessary issue, for at the moment, all he wanted was just to live well with his son, at this peaceful place...

--------------------

 

Siwon sat in his car, to recall everything that the Lees told him. And he couldn't stop tearing, after knowing the years that Kyuhyun had gone through.

Especially...when he knew that Kyuhyun almost lost his life, for their son.

 

"What do you mean by "you came back for us"?" Siwon frowned, asking the question to Mrs Lee.

The Lees gave each other questioning look, before they mutually agreed to let Siwon know everything.

 

"His heart stopped for a minute, during the blood infusion." Mrs Lee explained.

"We thought he is finally giving in his life after giving birth to Minho..." Mr Lee added on, "But the moment Minho had his first cry, Kyuhyun's heart started to beat once more."

"So he is never wanting to leave his son all alone by himself in this world, no matter how much pain he got staying in this world." Donghae said, "His life...not once, but twice, was saved by his son."

 

"His and your son. Choi Minho." Sungmin continued, "He was determined to have Minho to bear the surname of Choi, because...though you thrashed his hope of being with you, he wants to remember that, it was you afterall, who gave him a son, to save his life again and again. He thought that it was fate for Minho to even share the same birthday as you."

"And this is one stupid thinking of his." Donghae scoffed.

Sungmin shot a glare at Donghae, "Thought we have agreed that Kyuhyun will do the last say?"

 

He turned to Siwon once more, "I am still very mad at you, though I did not show it out as much as Donghae, but...if you are truly and sincerely wanting to have Kyuhyun back, please make sure you will not ruin this chance. He deserves better than what he had faced."

Siwon looked at Sungmin, and for the first time, he apologized to Sungmin for his ruthless and recklessness, "I am sorry...deeply sorry...extremely sorry..."

"Stop saying sorry, and start to do the right things now." Mrs Lee patted on Siwon's hand, "You are not a cruel kid, we know."

 

Siwon looked at his reflection at the rear mirror. Seeing the determined stares that he gave himself, he knew, he just had to get Kyuhyun back, especially now knowing what Kyuhyun had gone through. The more he wants to embrace Kyuhyun in his arms, to make up for the years that they had lost...

He fished out his phone, and sent a text to Hyukjae, with a plan in his mind that required the help from his friend.

 

"I know. And I will not hurt Kyuhyun ever again. This is the promise I gave to the Lees, and Kyuhyun...and my son."

 

"Because I love him...and only him."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the long wait!

Because I am celebrating Lunar New Year at the moment in my country, so updates are slow... Pardon me! I will try to update soon on the next chapter. Though many are hating Siwon, and some at Kyuhyun, but nevertheless, is time to bring them together again. So next chapter..... XD

 

Happy Lunar New Year to those who celebrate this festival same as me! ^^