The Pursue

Bound to Love, Bound to You

"Siwon..."

"Kyuhyun..."

 

They faced right in front with each other, in less than a metre of distance. Their inners were trembling due to the shock, and eyes were staring right at the unbelieving orbs.

Could this be real? He is standing right in front of me...? Both were having the same thoughts in mind, unable to process further with the sight.

Till they blinked their eyes...

 

"Kyuhyun..." Siwon mumbled once again, as he finally, believed with his eyes, that Kyuhyun was standing there, right there in front of him. The Kyuhyun whom he had been looking for the past 7 years. The Kyuhyun whom he loves and missed...

And he looks even more skinny than ever... And paler... But still as beautiful...with that colour of brown from his head... And his eyes...though they still sparkle like before...they look sad... Is he still feeling sad...? Over what I had done to him? Siwon wondered as he observed Kyuhyun who stood frozen on his ground, not making any move.

 

Kyuhyun bit his lips with his hand holding onto Minho as tight as possible. He did not expect to see Siwon there for sure, for after all these years, never once he had seen Siwon at this peaceful area. So, he was literally in the shocking stage when he saw Siwon standing by his cafe, looking at him with those pair of familiar orbs.

And he is still handsome...with a tint of matureness in him... And why do I feel that his orbs were full of regrets when he stared at me? Has he forgotten how he treated me? I should feel upset and angry with him... Kyuhyun could feel his heartbeats getting faster and heavier, with his palms sweating and body shaking as he stepped closer, but he did not want to show any weakness to Siwon anymore...

No more heartpain...

Even though...a part of him, missed Siwon over the years.

 

So, with a confused state of mind, he carried Minho up with one scoop in his arms, and his heels to run away from the situation. As far as possible away from Siwon, for he did not know how to deal with Siwon at the moment, especially when his mind was totally muddled. Any form of decision, could not be meant for real from his heart. So to prevent from being impulsive and come out with a solution that he is afraid to be another mistake, the best way is to get away.

But of course, Siwon was even more confused and hurt, when he saw how Kyuhyun was trying to run away from him.

 

"KYUHYUN!" Siwon shouted, and immediately took off to catch up with Kyuhyun, "KYUHYUN!!!!!!"

No no no... Now he knew where Kyuhyun is, there is no way he is letting Kyuhyun slip from his life anymore.

No way...

 

"KYUHYUN!!!!"

 

Hearing Siwon shouting for him, Kyuhyun got even more frightened and fastened his pace running with Minho bouncing in his arms.

"Appa....!" Minho got scared with the sudden situation, and grabbed his life nto Kyuhyun's nape as they ran.

"Sorry Minho... I am so sorry..." Kyuhyun mumbled, knowing it was wrong to pull Minho along for his run, but he couldn't bear to leave his son alone.

 

Having a kid in his arms however, did slow down Kyuhyun in his run, for Siwon was soon to catch up with them. Fingers were almost reaching out for Kyuhyun, just when Siwon tripped on an outstanding brick on the ground. He fell and missed the chance to grab hold of Kyuhyun, making a loud thobbing sound of his knees hitting the ground.

"Arghhhh~" Siwon growled with the fall, which caused Kyuhyun to turn and look anxiously at the painful-looking Siwon.

Siwon looked up and saw the concerned Kyuhyun, thinking it might be a good excuse to get Kyuhyun attending to him. But never in his mind, that Kyuhyun would turn away again and ran even faster and further away from him.

 

"KYUHYUN!!!" Siwon yelled, as he got up, and continued with the chase, but his knees were aching from the fall, "DAMN!!" He cursed, seeing how Kyuhyun almost getting vanished from his sight.

He limped and followed the trail where Kyuhyun had ran towards to, till he came to a building with just 2 to 3 floors, where he thought he saw a glimpse of Kyuhyun disappearing into the building. Stepping into the building, he was almost certain that Kyuhyun did came in here, for the faded scent of Kyuhyun was somehow lingered in the air.

Yes...no doubt... The scent of the fresh morning dews...

 

Siwon walked up the stairs, but the knees were hurting as he bent them to climb up the stairs. However, he did not want to give up, just yet, when Kyuhyun is guaranteed to be hiding here. The feeling of 'so near yet so far' is killing him slowly, so no, he is never going to admit the defeat...

So reaching the 2nd floor, he came upon 3 doors. Without hesitating, he pressed the bell on the first door. But an old lady appeared at the first door. Siwon bowed and apologized for the disturbance, and moved on to the 2nd door, and so on. Until he reached the 3rd floor at the last door of the building. Siwon was counting bless for there are only 6 units in this building, and all other 5 units were occupied and answered with people living inside. So when he came to the last unit, he was sure, this will be the one to find Kyuhyun.

 

He pressed the doorbell with a trembling finger, and held his breath waiting for the door to be answered. He heard the footsteps getting closer to the door, and he was sure that the person inside let out a short yet loud gasp from behind the door.

That person must have looked through the pinhole on the door and saw him standing outside...

And the door was not answered.

 

Siwon pressed the doorbell again, and again, and again, but the door remained shut. Getting impatient and frustrated with the situation, Siwon gave up pressing the bell, and slammed his palms on the door instead.

"KYUHYUN!! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!" Siwon shouted, not caring the loud encore noise that he had created along the corridor, "PLEASE, KYUHYUN..."

He continued to pound onto the door, calling for Kyuhyun again and again.

Yet, no response at all...

 

"Please.... Kyuhyun... Open the door... We need to talk..." Siwon begged, with his head joining the pounding on the door.

 

Behind the door, Kyuhyun was covering his mouth as he witnessed how Siwon got devastated in slamming the door through the pinhole, unable to control his emotions as he teared. He was already surprised to see Siwon managed to catch hold of him entering the building despite the fall that slowed him down. And he wanted to ignore the doorbell, pretending that he didn't hear the doorbell or the shoutings. But when Siwon started to pound on the door, crying out loud for his name, Kyuhyun couldn't take it anymore as he started to tear hearing how desperate Siwon got in calling for him.

No...this shouldn't be the way... He shouldn't feel sorry for Siwon...

 

"Don't ever get involved with Choi Siwon anymore! He don't deserve you at all!" The words that Donghae had once told him when he was rather confused with his feelings during his pregnancy period. That was the hardest time to pass, for his mind was in the most messed up ever.

It was only when he first saw Minho and holding his baby in his arms, then he realised nothing else matters because all he wanted for the rest of his life, was just the baby that he gave birth to.

And gradually, the thought of Siwon got less stressed up, and becoming a part of the memory in his life. Even when Minho started to grow looking like Siwon day by day...

Because he never imagine the scenario of having Siwon to appear in his life again.

 

"Please...just go..." Kyuhyun pleaded in whispers.

"Appa..." Minho called out for Kyuhyun, as he stood by the doorframe of his room clenching on his soft toy, looking frightened with his watery eyes.

"Minho ah... Stay inside..." Kyuhyun shook his head, not wanting to scare Minho further of the loud pounding outside.

But how can Minho remain still when he saw his appa having tears on his face?

"Appa!!" Minho ran towards Kyuhyun and wrapped his little arms around Kyuhyun's legs, "Don't cry appa!"

 

Seeing his son being so clingy and caring to him, Kyuhyun pulled Minho into his arms and hugged his son dearly, as he continued to sob for his life.

Why...why are you placing Siwon back into my life, when I just want to live the rest of my life with Minho? Kyuhyun blamed for the fate that brought him to what he is facing at the moment.

 

Please...Siwon... Just go... Go... We are over...

 

Just then, the pounding stopped. Kyuhyun thought Siwon must have left, after getting no result from Kyuhyun. He pulled Minho away from him, and stood up wanting to check on the situation outside his apartment, only to hear another set of shouting, which doesn't belong to Siwon.

 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO LEAVE US ALONE?" 

 

It was Jungsu.

 

Kyuhyun jumped with the loud yell from Jungsu, and pressed his head to view from the pinhole. 

Jungsu had Siwon's shirt collar in his hands, pressing Siwon against the wall, shouting directly at the handsome man.

 

"I TOLD YOU TO NOT COME BACK AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE." Jungsu bellowed, "HAVEN'T YOU CAUSE ENOUGH PAIN FOR HIM?"

Kyuhyun gasped. So...this wasn't the first time Siwon came here?! And Jungsu saw him before?! Why wasn't he being told about this?

 

"I just want to talk to Kyuhyun. I have so many things to ask him...and tell him..." Siwon mumbled, not moving an inch away from Jungsu's aggressiveness.

"There is no need, NO NEED for you to talk to him." Jungsu growled, "You have no reason to be near him anymore."

"You have no idea about our past. You have no reason to stop me from seeing Kyuhyun." Siwon muttered.

"You are wrong. Because I have seen the worst of him. And be with him when he was at his worst...when you were nowhere near him...when you were the one who dumped him, leaving him all alone with his..."

 

"HYUNG!!!" Kyuhyun opened the door, and yelled before Jungsu spilled out more than he should.

Both heads turned to the anxious Kyuhyun, who had his tears dried up. Siwon had his eyes fixed on Kyuhyun immediately, as he finally got to see Kyuhyun as close, taking in his beauty of the big doe (yet puffy) eyes, that plump pinky lips and rosy cheeks over his pale complexion. 

But Kyuhyun was avoiding the eye connection.

 

"Kyu..." Siwon pleaded, hoping Kyuhyun to look at him.

To see his guilt and regrets...

 

"Kyun ah... Let me deal with him. You get back inside." Jungsu did not remove his grip on Siwon as he spoke.

"Hyung." Kyuhyun shook his head, "Let him go." 

"But Kyuhyun ah..."

Kyuhyun shook his head again, and placed his hand on Jungsu's to remove his grip away from Siwon, "I can handle this myself..."

 

With the determination from Kyuhyun, Jungsu sighed and released his hold on Siwon. 

"Take care of Minho for me. I will be back shortly." Kyuhyun said, and he walked to the stairs leading downwards. 

--------------------

Kyuhyun stopped his walk, holding onto the barrier that has a whole stretch of sea in front of him, which is a short distance away from his apartment. He had made up his mind when he opened the door to stop whatever commotion happened at the corridors outside his apartment, knowing that hiding away might not solve the problem. He needs and has to...overcome this situation. So he was quick to dry his tears, and quick to decide on the talk that he and Siwon is going to have.

Siwon finally got next to Kyuhyun, after making his way slowly with his injured knees. And he almost had his breath stopped because of getting close to Kyuhyun, inhaling the familiar scent through his nostrils. That scent that he missed...very much.

That he wanted to hold Kyuhyun in his arms again...

 

"Kyu..." Siwon started, with him facing Kyuhyun to watch the beautiful side view.

"You shouldn't have followed me. You are injured." Refering to Siwon's injured knees, but Kyuhyun remained to have his sight on the sea.

"Not as injured...as you." Siwon choked, feeling the pain in his heart for recalling how much pain he had inflicted on Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, letting the breeze of the ocean falling onto his face, as he tried to remove that part of memory.

 

Siwon tried to reach out for Kyuhyun's hand, but Kyuhyun pulled away the moment he felt Siwon's fingers brushed against him lightly.

"Kyu..." Siwon widened his eyes, to see how Kyuhyun rejected his touch.

"I...would prefer no touching...when we talk." Kyuhyun said.

 

Taking a deep breath, Kyuhyun tilted his head to face Siwon. 

Face to face, orbs to orbs.

And somehow, they were caught in having a short drowning moment in each other's gazes.

 

Those sad gazes that both were giving out subconsciously...

 

"You...lost a lot ot weight..." Siwon started again, having that as the first thing he noticed from Kyuhyun.

"Hard not to." Kyuhyun replied. You too... And he thought to himself.

"You have been staying here all along?" Siwon asked, wondering if he tried harder the first time he came many years ago, would it be different from now?

"....Apparently." Kyuhyun said.

"I came here...before, a few years back. But...there is no sight of you... Or rather, Kangin was told there is no you in this area." Siwon stated, looking even more pained when he knew he had missed Kyuhyun once.

 

So...Jungsu hyung was the one who dismissed them away? And he kept it a secret from me for so long?! 

 

"He said...you went through a worst time..." Siwon couldn't help but wanting to move closer to Kyuhyun.

Seeing how Siwon wanted to be close to him, Kyuhyun stepped backwards, refusing any sort of Siwon's invasion to his comfort zone.

"Kyu..." Siwon choked again when he saw more of Kyuhyun's rejection.

"It will be better for you to go... We...I have nothing to do with you...anymore." Kyuhyun looked away, as he phrased out the sentence that he formed his mind when he decided to talk.

 

But this is not how Siwon imagined the scene.

"What do you mean by nothing to do with me?" Siwon asked urgently.

"Nothing. The end." Kyuhyun turned to Siwon once more as he affirmed on his sentence, "We are over the moment you...threw me...out..."

 

"NO!" Siwon got anxious and stepped even closer to Kyuhyun to grab his wrist.

Kyuhyun gasped with the grab and sparks went through his body the moment Siwon touched his skin. This was why he rejected any form of touching from Siwon. Because he was fearful for such reaction...

"Kyuhyun. I am sorry...I am truly sorry for causing that pain on you. But...I was angry... I was..." Siwon tried to explain eagerly, with his grip tightened on Kyuhyun's wrist.

"Stop! I don't want to hear anymore of that!" Kyuhyun yelled and had a tug, wanting to pull himself away from Siwon. But Siwon is still much stronger than him.

 

"Please Kyuhyun..." Siwon pleaded, holding onto Kyuhyun as dearly to his life. Never he wanted to let go of Kyuhyun ever.

Never...

"Don't please me... Please...just let me go..." Kyuhyun shook his head, "I don't want to go through that again..."

"Kyuhyun...please..." Siwon tried again.

 

"I SAID DON'T PLEASE ME!" Kyuhyun tugged harshly and he had his wrist removed from Siwon's grip, "I DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT KIND OF DUMPING GAME AGAIN, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

Siwon had his heart skipped a beat. This was the first time, for him to see such agitated Kyuhyun. 

 

"I had caused...so much..." Siwon mumbled, "So much..."

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, trying to swallow his tears back, not wanting to let them out anymore. Not in front of Siwon to show his weakness.

"Please go. You have nothing to do...with my life now." Kyuhyun breathed, and making his move to walk away from Siwon. Hoping this will be the last to see Siwon.

 

Noticing that Kyuhyun was slowly walking away, Siwon suddenly remembered something.

That little boy...

 

"Who is that little boy?" Siwon asked. Which caused Kyuhyun to stop his move.

And he thought Siwon will never ask about Minho.. How wrong...

"Who is that little boy? Siwon tried again, "He called you, appa..."

 

With his back facing Siwon, Kyuhyun answered, "He is my son." 

"Your son?" Siwon questioned. 

"Blood related son." Kyuhyun simply stated.

"Blood related..." Siwon repeated the words. No wonder he could see Kyuhyun's shadow in that boy...

 

But...if that is the case... Why would he see himself too?

 

"Who is his mother?" Siwon asked. And that caused a stiff reaction from Kyuhyun, where his shoulders got tensed up. That was caught in Siwon's eyes.

Siwon limped to stand in front of Kyuhyun, wanting to see Kyuhyun's expression when he asked again, "Who...is his mother?"

Kyuhyun glared at Siwon, and had his breath quickened, "That is...none of your business."

He tried to brush Siwon off, but Siwon grabbed Kyuhyun's arms and pursued again, "Where is his mother?"

Kyuhyun shot another glare at Siwon, "I said, that is none of your business!"

 

"What is his name? What is his surname?!" Siwon tried again, pressing even more wanting to get the truth out from Kyuhyun.

"He has nothing to do with you!" Kyuhyun growled.

"Answer me, Kyuhyun! What is his name?! Who is his mother?!" Siwon bellowed.

 

"CHO MINHO! HIS NAME IS CHO MINHO! HE FOLLOWS MY SURNAME! AND I AM MARRIED TO SOMEONE WHO GAVE BIRTH TO HIM! A PRETTY LADY WHO GAVE BIRTH TO HIM!" Kyuhyun yelled and shook Siwon off successfully, "ARE YOU HAPPY NOW CHOI SIWON?!"

"THEN WHERE IS SHE? WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?" Siwon yelled back equally loud, for he could not believe a single word from Kyuhyun. How can he be happy when he saw nothing but lies through Kyuhyun's orbs.

 

"That is none of your business. You want your answer, and I gave you. Now, just go and leave me alone. Please..." Kyuhyun begged, afraid that he wasn't be able to hold his tears anymore. So he pushed Siwon away from his pave, not caring of how Siwon tobbled onto the ground due to the unbalancing, and ran back into the building.

Hoping that...everything was just a joke to him...

Hoping that...his lies could deceive Siwon...

Hoping that his body would stop recalling the touch that Siwon had gave him...

 

Siwon remained on the ground, trying to recollect their conversation while his heart ached for whatever reason. For Kyuhyun, for everything he had caused, for...Minho.

"No... You cannot be married... You refused to name the woman you are married to... And your eyes can never betray you... So...no...you are absolutely lying, Kyuhyun..." Siwon mumbled to himself, "You are definitely lying, Kyu..."

 

And he will find out...the truth behind the lies.