I'm not made of glass!

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m not made of glass!

 

“How did I let you talk me into this?” Hyunjoong asked, mostly to himself.

“you were talking about making up for 20 years. Well, I’m giving you your chance.” Jaejoong said as she cradled her two month old son close to her.

“but not like this. you’re supposed to be resting!” Hyunjoong whined.

“you sound just like everyone. Whose side are you on?”

“the greater good!”

“good is a matter of perspective.”

“I didn’t say good, I said greater good. And the greater good would be to put you and Binnie in that car and send you back home.”

“I’m not going home!”

Hyunjoong pinched the bridge of his nose as he felt the incoming migraine. Jaejoong was stubborn, but what he resented most was that stubbornness came from him and not Jaejin.

They were standing at the school entrance. On any other day, Hyunjoong would have been glad that his daughter called him, today however, he was hell bent on sending her back home. With her difficult pregnancy and her accident when she was in high school and her history with Seulgi, which Hyunjoong came to know from Yunho, made everyone a tad bit overprotective of the 26 year old haematologist. But Jaejoong wanted to stay. DBSK high was celebrating 75 years since its inception. The celebrations were year round, with alumni coming to visit in groups every day.

Jaejoong had long since wanted to go, but was under house arrest by her family. She took advantage of an emergency at Jung’s main office, to sneak away with her son. She had 3 hours to make it back home before anyone noticed her absence. After that, she would return again, this time with the whole gang, for the official reunion tonight.

“why do you want to come here now? You’ll be back tonight any way.”

“I can’t revisit old memories in the night or when there is a loud and raucous party. That’s not how my school life was.”

“even the last part?”

“excluding the last part, which I don’t want to remember.”

Hyunjoong was about to say something when a gruff voice called him. They looked a little farther from them to find a group of 5 or so waving to him.

As if all thoughts of his convalescing daughter vanished, the new grandfather became excited. He didn’t even ask when he unceremoniously picked up Moonbin from Jaejoong’s arms and made way to the group. Jaejoong could hear him mutter in a baby voice to her son, something on the lines of, ‘I get to show you off you little cutie! You’re gonna make grandpa so popluar!’

Jaejoong just shook her head at her father’s antics. She saw Jung Jihoon behave like that too. Maybe it’s a grandfather thing!

Trusting her son in capable hands, she entered the school building, cautiously on the lookout for Heechul. For she knows, where her father failed, Kim-Choi Heechul couldn’t, wouldn’t.

She ducked for cover when she saw through a classroom window, Heechul busy lecturing on metaphysical poetry. Jaejoong stealthily crawled like she was a convict carrying out a jail break, under the window pane. When she was sure she was out of the Heechul-radar, she made a break for it.

Bad idea!

“stupid scar!” she muttered as she leaned on a wall till the pain subsided. It wasn’t for no reason that she was on bed rest, with the chief-surgeon, her brother-in-law, personally providing her the required medical attention.

Once she was fine, she opened the wooden double-doors she was standing against. It was a sort small assembly hall with a small stage and a seating capacity for 100. It was built to seat only one class at a time for events like a mock UN or rehearsal for the choir.

Today, however, this room was made into a sanctuary for to host memories of the deceased alumni. That is the reason why Jaejoong was drawn here.

She traced the large, framed picture of her mother with the tip of her fingers. She couldn’t help but think that she resembled her mother a lot, especially seeing Jaejin in her school uniform. Jaejoong was approached by Heechul for a photograph, preferably of Jaejin’s high school days, but Jaejoong had none. Even the thorough search of her mother’s memorabilia was futile. It was Hyunjoong who supplied the photograph of a teenage Jaejin. The photograph was one of his treasures which he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter