Of legends and fountains

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of legends and fountains

“hey, did you hear?”

“I know! Cool right!”

“let’s go there later.”

“You have plans after class, Miss Krystal.”

The girl in question was startled when she heard the voice of her strict English teacher.

“we were just discussing…”

“about the types of sonnets, Miss Sulli?” Heechul asked, but all that knew her were aware that she was only testing you till you cracked.

“Choi- sajangnim….you were a pass-out from this school right?” Krystal asked hesitantly.

“what does that have to do with anything?”

“do you by any chance know of the legendary ‘cupid fountain’?” the mention of the acclaimed legendary fountain of DBSK high had every teen’s attention on their teacher.

“that so-called ‘cupid fountain’ is just an old fountain that was built at the same time as this school. Any silly story of it granting you your true love is just a myth that old students pass on to their juniors like a scary folk tale. If you have time to worry about such stories then I’m sure all of you can submit a 5 page essay on the phases of poetry tomorrow.”

Collective groans could be heard through the classroom, “make that 10 pages!” Heechul smirked as the bell rang signalling lunchtime. The students filtered out of the class complaining of their sad misfortune of having Choi-Kim Heechul as their teacher.

Heechul was gathering her notes from the table when someone knocked the door. She turned to the left to greet her friend’s father and her colleague, whether she likes it or not, standing at the door.

“why are all your students cursing you and mumbling about the cupid fountain?” Hyunjoong asked amusedly.

Heechul rolled her eyes, “oh please! You can’t actually believe that story?”

“there’s a reason why the story came to be in the first place. You have to admit, it adds the fantasy in romance!” his gaze looked distant, melancholic as he spoke, “DBSK high’s own Trevi fountain where one finds their true love! I can’t deny that because it happened to me. I found my true love there. It’s a different matter that I was stupid to let go of her.”

Heechul looked contemplative. The same memory running through her head from when her students mentioned the fountain. She remembered the conversation they had at a dinner party with everyone and the topic of this fountain came up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“um….excuse me…..do you know where the library is? I’m new here and I can’t figure out the way in this huge school.”

Hyunjoong was gaping at the beautiful girl with straight and shiny raven her, snowy skin, red plump lips, and gorgeous eyes that you would lose yourself in. when the girl coughed to get his attention he came to his senses.

“uh…yeah…sorry…I’ll take you to the library…..is it?” she nodded, slightly amused by the boy she met on the first day of their high school. Hyunjoong looked at the fountain he was standing beside and silently thanked it. Who knew a mere whim after hearing about some legendary water feature on your first day of school would be this fruitful. He offered a hand, “I’m Kim Hyunjoong.”

The snowy beauty accepted the handshake, unable to supress the tingle that ran through her body when she felt his firm hand in hers, “Jaejin…Kim Jaejin. Nice to meet you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyori was perched on the wall of the fountain, her hand playing with the misty spray of the fountain while her gaze followed the couple on the far end of the garden, her idol Kim Jaejin and her boyfriend Kim Hyunjoong, been together since the first day of school.

“and here I am, in my senior year and still loveless.”

“should you be talking about you lack of love life out loud?” Hyori was startled by a deep husky voice, too close to her. She found a new face, extremely handsome looking at her amusingly and……fondly? “if you ask me, it sounds kind of desperate.”

Hyori blushed profusely and wanted to throw herself in the fountain pool of the embarrassment but the guy seemed to like her more because of that.

“I just transferred here. I’m Jung Jihoon. And you?”

Hyori liked the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter