Something Old

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something old

It was nearing twilight in Paris. Soon the city of lights would transform into its namesake. The mellow lights in the church coupled with the pink cherry blossom and silver netting decorations had an almost serene atmosphere.

‘Almost’ being the operative word.

The gathering of 73 people to be exact was murmuring amongst themselves. The guests had been waiting for 2 hours but there was no sign of a bride or groom.

Well, there was no sign of the bride.

They all knew the groom was standing outside the church, currently digging an elongated whole by his furious pacing.

“hyung can you just stand in one place. I swear I can bury you in the hole you're making on the ground.” Changmin said tiredly. He had been standing since god knows when and his legs were aching.

“Min, if you want you can go and pounce on the buffet. I’m gonna continue pacing till I have my wedding.” Yunho said affirmatively.

“seriously Yun, if you continue, you might not be able to stand during the ceremony.” Siwon tried to convince Yunho to relax.

“then you guys can hold me up. That will be your duties as my best men.”

“that will be one hell of a wedding!” Yoochun drolled.

“if there is wedding.” Changmin whispered but shut up immediately at the glare Yunho sent him.

“I didn’t ask any of you to stay. If you want to leave you can leave. In fact, tell our family inside as well, they are all welcome to leave.” Yunho told his friends, his eyes burning with determination, “I’m staying and I’m going to wait for Jaejoong for as long as it takes. She promised so I’m going to wait for her as I promised.”

He would have ranted out more, but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. Yunho looked beside him to see his father. His mother was there too looking lovely as ever but worry marring her beautiful face. She however didn’t let it show, just like her husband. They both needed to be strong for their son and wait patiently for Jaejoong.

 

24 hours earlier

“I’m getting married tomorrow!”

“I’m getting married next year!”

Yunho and Yoochun hugged and bounced around in the same position like two kids while Changmin and Siwon watched annoyingly.

“it’s like when they got laid the first time.” Changmin said as he sipped his wine.

“if it’s like that time then they are going to be like drunken idiots for the next hour.” Siwon commented.

They were in the bar of the hotel they were all staying at. It was a sort of party for all the males while the ladies were upstairs in the bridal suite preparing for the big day tomorrow. Jihoon was with Junsu and Heechul’s fathers somewhere in the lounge enjoying drinks leisurely and chatting among them. The younger ones were at the bar and Yunho and Yoochun were behaving drunk in just one glass of champagne.

“can’t believe I’m getting married!” Yunho said as he leaned on Changmin, putting all his weight on his brother.

“I can believe you're getting married,” Changmin said as he pushed Yunho off him with a grunt, “what I never thought was you having such a low-key wedding.”

“the things you do for love!” slurred an inebriated Yoochun.  

Drunk or not, Yunho had to agree with both of them. He was marrying the woman he loved, his first and last love, Kim Jaejoong, who in 24 hours will be Jung Jaejoong.

The very thought gave Yunho such happy shivers, he would have danced.

Before he met Jaejoong, he pictured his future as playing around till 30, finding some random girl who was worthy of him and marrying at 35 with the grandest wedding the world has ever seen. He was Jung Yunho and he didn’t do low-key, he was like a little girl planning his wedding, from the massive chandeliers to the 600 people guest list. That was the scale of his so-called wedding. Weird how someone plans out the time limit for having one-night stands and finding a girl to marry, so paradoxical.

But that was the old Jung Yunho. The new, improved, post-Kim Jaejoong- Jung Yunho is getting married at 25, with the girl who was the total opposite of his usual choice of women, and a toned-down wedding on his bride’s request. Yet he was like a kid who got his favourite toy on Christmas.

Their fun and frolics were abruptly interrupted when a hassled Hyori came rushing looking for Yunho.

“mom what’s wrong?” the men gathered around her, all inebriation vanished from their bodies at her distress.

“Jaejoong…she’s going to Seoul as we speak….she’s in the lobby….waiting for a cab.”

When Hyori finished, everyone was stunned.

Is Jaejoong getting cold feet?

Yunho didn’t waste any time, to go find her. If Jaejoong was getting cold feet, he at least deserved better than his bride running away on the eve of their wedding. He was running like a lunatic, but he didn’t care. When he spotted Jaejoong getting her flight tickets from the concierge, he made a mad dash for her.

“Jaejoong!” he shouted when he was a few feet away.

When Jaejoong saw him, she became wide-eyed. She looked around hurriedly and spotted this large potted plant and hid behind it.

“Kim Jaejoong come out from there.” Yunho demanded, “if you don’t want to get married, tell it to my face.”

“What?” she said incredulously, still not coming out her hiding place, “who said I don’t want to get married? And I’m not coming out, it’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding.”

Yunho was stumped, “but mom said yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter