Siblings

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siblings

“Okay, babies! Just a little more and you're done.” Kibum made sure the dressing on the little knee was okay, then put a small Pikachu sticker on it. “there you are Jonginnie, all done.” She ruffled the small head one last time before the 2 year old boy was helped down the bed by his father. He made a big show of limping to his twin who hugged his brother in comfort.

“Are you sure Heechul isn’t going to yell at me for this? it did happen under my watch.” Siwon was very nervous. His wife was short-tempered and he’s expecting fireworks when she comes to know their son hurt his knee on a rusted old slide while trying to chase after his father.

“Don’t be so scared oppa. You had the presence of mind to bring him to me.” Kibum reasoned with him.

“But Heechul doesn’t like that too. Last week she got mad when I couldn’t even make a little hot chocolate for them. she wants me to be more proactive with them.”

“I would have agreed if it was a small scrape.” Kibum sat on her chair and wrote in her notepad, “Jongin has a small wound and a little bruise on the bone. I’ve checked and there’s no fracture. But the rusted metal worries me so I’ve given him a tetanus shot.” She ripped the page and gave it to Siwon, “a mild painkiller because he’s going to have a hard time sleeping with the bruise. You can get it in the pharmacy at the end of the corridor.”

“I thought it was on the first floor?”

“Changmin made small medicine outlets for specific requirements of each department. The main one on the first floor co-ordinates it.”

“oh yeah, Min told me there was a two hour hold-up to get prescriptions because of the rush.” Siwon walked to the door with Kibum.

“if she makes a fuss, unnie can call me?’” Kibum bid them off but her eyes lingered on Jongin and Taemin till they disappeared around the corner.

How they held hands, how Taemin walked slowly for Jongin, how they laughed as Jongin babbled about his extraordinary tumble.

Somewhere Kibum felt that longing, but she pushed that at the back of her mind.

“Aish! Shift’s over. Got to go and take care of Binnie.” She sighed and went on to clock out.

~~~    

Yunho put his briefcase on the couch as he walked stealthily up the stairs trying not to make a nose.

He’s not supposed to be here at 2 in the noon after all. But how was he supposed to concentrate on a meeting about the recent profit they made while his son is recovering from an appendectomy.

Now Moonbin is generally a very calm and collected boy who rarely gets frenzied. He’ll be turning 7 soon but they won’t be able to celebrate given that he can’t move around. He didn’t even freak out when he kept vomiting or when they told him that his appendix was inflamed. Having 3 doctors in the house meant that he was diagnosed early enough than Yunho could even think beyond food poisoning. When he was being admitted in the hospital, Yunho asked if he was okay and he simply said he has to be okay because he’s the older brother.

It was only when he came out of the surgery and saw the scar. The thought that he was cut open and then stitched back up was frightening and he kept asking his mother if he was fine. He’s a bit shaken still but mostly fine since he’s back home.

Yunho glanced and made sure his mother was in the garden. He peeked in the study and saw his father was busy behind the computer. He’s sure Jiyool is taking a little nap like she always does when she’s back from daycare. Luhan is most probably spending his Saturday playing video games till his parents are back home.

Right….

“Should have come earlier.” Yunho muttered to himself as he looked at the watch on his wrist. Kibum would be here any minute since she finished her shift and Changmin usually accompanies her home to have lunch before returning to office. And if he remembers correctly, then Jaejoong told him before leaving that she’s taking a half day for Moonbin and coming back with the three of them.

Now all of them were angry at Yunho when his constant cosseting had upset Moonbin. The boy was plain annoyed by his father’s hovering and he just wanted some peace and quiet.

Yunho decided that he’d just make sure Yunho was okay then hide out till about 4 or so when it will look not too early but reasonably late too. Of course he could back to office but again, he wouldn’t be able to focus.

He reached Moonbin’s and Luhan’s shared bedroom. Luhan has to sleep with his parents for a while because Moonbin’s wants all the silence he needs to sleep. The door was slightly open and he could hear jiyool’s voice. Curious, Yunho peeked inside.

 

Jiyool fed a small spoon of yoghurt to Moonbin who accepted it with a big smile. Luhan alternated each morsel with a sip of water by holding the glass with the straw near Moonbin’s lips. It was so sweet, especially when Jiyool wiped Moonbin’s lips with the napkin and both helped the older boy to lie down. they pecked his cheeks and Moonbin slept with a smile.

While Moonbin slept, Jiyool and Luhan quietly cleared the mess they made. Jiyool put the empty yogurt dish and half-eaten bowl of porridge in the tray and went on to collect the spoons and glasses. Luhan got a towel from the bathroom and wiped up the water that spilled on the floor when he was rushing to give some to his brother. They even kept things in order and drew the curtains so the sunlight wouldn’t disturb Moonbin.

Yunho watched the children adoringly. The whole time, a smile graced his lips and he couldn’t feel more proud.

“it’s so beautiful isn’t it.” Yunho was startled by the small voice, but was relieved it was just Kibum. She would never react the same way as the others would at Yunho’s over-bearing worries.

“When did you come?” Yunho asked her.

“been a minute at least. You had lunch?” she asked him back and Yunho nodded. She returned her gaze back to the children. “it’s so nice seeing how much Yoolie cares for Binnie.”

“Lulu cares  so much about his brother too.” Yunho added.

“hmmm….”Yunho didn’t know what to make of that answer. Jiyool and Luhan were about to come out and since they didn’t want to make a commotion, because Jiyool is going straight to Jihoon and complain about Yunho, the two adults hid in the corridor till the kids were down the stairs. When they were gone, they took one final glance at Moonbin and then closed the door.

“Come with me to the garden for a minute, will you?” Yunho asked but his expression made it more like a command. They were about to head down the stairs but they heard Hyori’s voice asking the younger kids if Moonbin was sleeping.

Yunho panicked and pulled Kibum towards the end of the corridor with the narrow flight of stairs connecting the main floors of the house with the attic and basement as well as another door to the backyard.

Once they were there, they slowed down and sat on the lawn chairs between the small plants. Yunho faced Kibum with a solemn face, “Changmin told me you wanted more children.”

Kibum closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was feeling a mix of conflicting emotions and it made her more frustrated, “2 days ago, we were just talking and I casually mentioned if Luhan had a younger sibling would he treat her like he does Yoolie. I wasn’t thinking much really but when I saw his……his expression was dead but his eyes….were….”

“angry?” Kibum looked at Yunho surprised. She c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter