Let's just say it's for fun

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s just say it’s for fun

Jake doesn’t know why he puts up with it.

He became an attending, his Hangeul has improved, he hasn’t made any mistakes, he doesn’t even have a crush on his senior anymore, his sister has even changed her job  as the The Jung’s secretary to working in the American Embassy.

He got a girlfriend now for crying out loud. A nice girl he met when at the café near his Hangeul class. But that is not the point.

He wants to cry and scream and then cry some more.

All because his Boss, not his immediate boss; that would be Jaejoong, The Big Boss, Chief of Surgery, brother of the Director of the Hospital, self-proclaimed evil lord and a douche in Jake’s eyes, Dr Jung Changmin sees him as a personal jester.

Since knowing of his affections for his sister-in-law and Jane’s for his brother, Changmin has found the perfect victim for his childish manipulation of emotions. It became interesting when it was revealed that Jake and Jane assumed none of them understood English, and also that they thought Yunho was a widower and Changmin was married to some girl and cheating on her with the paediatrician.

 Jake even checked his family medical history if anybody had the extreme hypothesizing syndrome, then he checked if there was anything such as extreme hypothesizing syndrome and concluded that his sister and he were the only ones struck by this rare disease.

Nevertheless, Jung Changmin is using it to make his life hell, all for his own entertainment.

From purposely giving them tasks together to always cracking silly jokes about the two of them. Jaejoong must be awefully secure about her marriage to join him in the joking too.

“Being fired would’ve been easier.” Jake mumbled.

“what was that?”

“nothing.” Jake straightened in his seat, opposite Changmin. The tall doctor smirked, knowing exactly what he was thinking. Jake wished he wasn’t such a wuss and resign already then work for his tormentor.

“I’m waiting for an answer Dr Beckett.” Changmin spoke behind his folded hands, almost looking sinister.

“answer for what?” Jake doesn’t know because his brain is so fried by this man in front of him.

“Your RSVP for the baby shower.” Changmin’s eyes were telling, you can’t say no.

But Jake was feeling tad defiant today thanks to the pep talk his sister gave him this morning, “Why me? There’s no other doctor invited to it.”

“there is.”

“who?”

“the head of paediatrics.”

“she’s your wife and the aunt of the unborn baby.”

“The head of Obstetrics.”

“She delivered your son, your nephew and will deliver this baby too.”

“Dr Park.”

“Your friend’s cousin.”

“Just come.”

“again….Why me?”

Changmin again leaned his elbows on his table and rested his chin on the back of his intertwined hands, “Let’s just say it’s for fun.”

~~~  

Yunho peeked above the fair milky shoulder and grimaced. The sun was up and they really needed to dress up for the baby shower his mom is throwing for Jaejoong.

As much as he wants to cuddle in bed with his precious people, he’d rather not risk a scolding from his mother.

If only his 7 months pregnant wife would be merciful.

When the alarm rang at 7, she didn’t allow Yunho or Moonbin to leave her side. Now an extra 2 hours of sleep later, she’s showing no signs of letting go.

Yunho glanced at Moonbin over Jaejoong’s shoulder and found the boy fast asleep making a pillow out of his mother’s hand. Yunho would let him sleep, but he himself has to wake up.

“Boo….” He shook Jaejoong’s shoulder gently and she grunted, “Boo, we have to get ready for the party. Can I take a bath at least?” Yunho heard some humming from Jaejoong and took it as a positive.

He slowly pulled his arm from under her head and was about to sit up when a delicate yet strong  hand pulled his arm. When Yunho found his arm back on the distended belly, he shook his head and lied down again with a smile.

Oh well, he’ll just wait for Hyori to roll them out of bed.

~~~  

“ooooooooh! This is so cute!” Jaejoong squealed as she held up the dolphin sheets. Junsu also jumped with excitement at the reaction to her present prompting Jaejoong to jump with her too, albeit lightly.

“Jaejoongie, please don’t move around so much.” Yunho fussed over her worriedly. Since Jaejoong wasn’t this active when she was pregnant with Moonbin, the second pregnancy is like a brand new experience.  He held her hand and tried to make her sit, “why don’t you let the presents be shown to you ne. just relax.” Jaejoong ignored her husband and skip/wobbled to another end of the table full of presents.

“Ooooooooh! The crib is here! The crib is here!” Jaejoong clapped her hands seeing the new white crib Yoochun and Siwon just carried out. It was just useless labour really. Hyori just wants all the presents in the centre table of the huge backyard as some decoratio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter