Like fathers like sons

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like fathers like sons

“Binnie, if you’re not down in 2 minutes we’re going to be late.” Yunho yelled while impatiently looking at his wrist watch.

“calm down Yunho. Binnie won’t miss the first day of school.” Jihoon said trying to calm his son.  

“it’s not that dad. I feel uneasy today. Like something is going to happen.”

“that’s normal son. I was the same too when you and Minnie started school. Plus Jaejoong is due any day now. It’s normal to be antsy.”

Jihoon words had some effect. He was right. The combination of Jaejoong’s looming due date and the first day of his son’s school was making him nervous nothing else. Whatever ominous premonition he woke up with was baseless.

“daddy!”  Moonbin called his father from atop the stairway. Yunho gestured him to hurry down fast and the kid did. Each step he took on the stair was accompanied by squishing sounds, like wet shoes on the carpeted floor. Yunho frowned. First they are late and now his son has somehow managed to ruin his new sneakers.

When Moonbin waited till he reached the last step to make announcement. He was about to open his mouth when his father cut him.

“Jung Moonbin what happened to your shoes?” Yunho demanded.

The kid pouted in a full show of his mother’s inheritance. He didn’t like being scolded when he didn’t do anything wrong. “daddy, Binnie didn’t do anything. Mama spoiled Binnie’s shoes.” The child proclaimed.

The two adults were confused. Obviously, Moonbin could see their quizzical looks so he clarified. “mama is leaking. She said Yoolie is coming.” He said matter-of-factly with all the seriousness of a 4 year old.

As if on cue, Jaejoong’s voice hollered through the mansion, “JUNG YUNHO, THE BABY’S COMING!”

Well so much for school!

***************

One week later

Two small heads peeked over the bassinet. One tiny hand lifted with every intention of poking that chubby rosy cheek but stopped when a voice echoed.

“Lulu, what did I tell you about disturbing Yoolie!”

“but dada, baby so squishy!” Luhan even squeezed his own cheeks for emphasis.

“nothing doing.” Changmin said while waving a long finger to the boys, “you too Binnie. Don’t disturb your sister. Let’s go. Everyone is waiting.” The boys took Changmin’s hand and they walked out of the nursery to the living room where the rest of the family is waiting.

Hyori called Moonbin over to her and the boy complied. Luhan also let go of his father’s hand to tail his brother. Hyori hugged her grandson tightly, “my Binnie is so big! He’s finally going to school. When did you grow up, huh?”

“when  granma became old!” the boy replied cheekily.

“yah! I’m not that old okay.” She said in mock-anger.

“come here Binnie!” Kibum called. She fixed the laces of his new shoes which she and Changmin had brought him as a gift for his academic start. “you look so handsome.”

“thanks aunty Bummie.” Moonbin grinned while Luhan demanded attention from his mother, which was rewarded by a kiss on his cheek.

“wait for us!” Jaejoong entered holding the baby in her arms, “you can’t go to school without saying bye to your mama and sister, can you?”

Moonbin didn’t need to be told twice as he rushed to his mother, Luhan following him again. Jaejoong bent down to let the boys look at the now awake Jiyool. Luhan finally got to poke those cherub cheeks and he was content. The baby squirmed at the contact and raised a tiny hand which Moonbin held.

“oppa is going to school Yoolie, but he will be back soon. I’ll miss you, so you have to miss me too okay?” the baby gurgled in response as if giving affirmation.

“come on kiddo, let’s go.” Yunho called him. He and Jihoon were already at the door.

Moonbin turned to Luhan and pecked his cheek, “bye lulu!” and the boy ran off after his father and grandfather.

Whoa! Back up right there for a moment. Did that just happen?

Luhan gawked at the empty driveway!

Nobody told him that his treasured hyung is going somewhere. Is that what all that melodr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter