Wings to your feet

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

''there you go~ my angel is squeaky clean.'' Kibum removes the towel revealing a cute face with scanty hair sticking out in every direction.

''bubburs!'' came the excited squeal once Mimi was back to the daylight world which the towel hid. She made a run for the bathtub she came out of only 15 minutes ago but was lifted off the floor before she could touch the ceramic surface.

''oh no you don't! Your bubbles have already been drained out.'' Kibum wrapped her daughter in the towel again and carried her out of the bathroom. ''Min?'' Kibum called though she knew it's of no use.

Changmin was getting ready to leave for the airport when she had taken Mimi for a bath. The entire family has taken time off work since it's the children's summer vacation. Changmin and Yunho went to Japan. This will be the first time since they married that the brothers are going on a trip with just the two of them.

Moonbin is taking college prep classes so he returns home only before dinner time. Luhan is staying with Inwhan while Changmin is gone. The two boys along with the Choi-Kim twins are having a gala time together. Jihoon and Hyori complete social visits when they're not driving Jiyool between violin, dance or craft class.

With almost everyone out of the house, Kibum and Jaejoong plan to have some bonding time with their daughters. They plan to take plenty of pictures to show the doting daddies later.

 ''looks like we begin Mama and me time right away.'' Kibum squeezed Mimi's small nose which the toddler didn't like one bit. But don't misunderstand. She's looking forward to 'Mama and me' time too. ''I know he had a flight to catch but your dada could at least say bye.'' Kibum wrinkles her nose and Mimi tries to imitate her but a cute sneeze cuts her off instead. ''aw! Let's get you dressed before you catch a cold.''

Kibum walks to the changing table where she kept a change of clothes near the diapers and the clothes she picked out for Mimi match hers. It's a happy coincidence okay... Not like she's trying to coordinate a mother-daughter outfit after Changmin and Luhan had three matching days in a row.

Kibum puts Mimi's diaper on her with slight difficulty because her baby is oddly squirmy today. She keeps pointing at their bed whose canopy drapes are down. ''stay still baby.'' Kibum tries to hold her with one hand and put the top on Mimi.

''gi...gi...gip!'' Mimi chirped and adamantly pointed at the bed.

''gift?'' the mention of the exact word had Mimi nod excitedly.

Kibum leaves the pants she was going to put on Mimi on the table and carries her to the bed. She pulls one drape aside and finds a large grey box with a red ribbon. ''eh! There really is a gift. Is it from Dada?''

''Dada!'' Mimi squeals overjoyed. She's just like that at the mention of her Dada.

Amused, Kibum picks up the card under the ribbon and reads it holding it away from little miss Grabby-hands.

'to both my angels,

I want to be the one to give wings to your feet...

figuratively and literally.'

 

''hmmm....'' The exact words definitely felt familiar. Kibum was sure she had heard the exact sentence years ago.

Placing Mimi on the bed beside the box, she opened the lid and kept it aside letting Mimi play with the ribbon on it. Moving the paper wrapping aside, she glanced at the contents which turned out to be two pairs of shoes. Lifting one shoe, Kibum's hand touched her lips in realisation and surprise.

 She now remembers where she heard that sentence. It was years ago and the family was talking about it for weeks. And it was also one incident which had Kibum voicing out her desire for a daughter which Changmin shot down immediately. Now Kibum can't believe Changmin is giving her that moment she dreamt about. ''this Is going to be awesome!'' Kibum squealed and picked up Mimi to get her fully dressed.

 ~~~

''so now that I have plenty of free time I'm thinking of learning cooking.'' Jiyool speaks between mouthfuls of pudding. She puts the empty bowl on the kitchen island and moves to get another serving from the large glass bowl there.

''leave some for dessert.'' Jaejoong calls without turning around from her cooking. She can practically hear her little princess pout without looking at her.

Jaejoong's having too much fun ignoring Jiyool since the girl had dragged a chair to the kitchen island and attacked the pudding. Actually it's Jaejoong's revenge for her daughter ignoring her and eating pudding.

Jaejoong lets the elderly woman in charge of the Jungs' kitchen watch over the pots of food simmering away on the stove and moved to the kitchen island to make a bowl of baby food for Mimi. ''so how do you have so much free time for another class?'' Jiyool beams getting her mother's attention. She fidget on the chair as if about to make a business proposal. ''violin class is just once a week and dance is only on weekends. And craft class is over.''

''over already? All you did was stick paper flowers on a vase. Your grandmother was expecting some fancy photo frames putting you in that class.''

''mom if I make a pasta frame Samchon will either eat them out cry because he can't.''

''good point.'' Jaejoong covers the bowl of mashed potatoes and leans on the counter telling Jiyool she has her mother's attention. ''so you want to learn cooking to feed your Samchon?''

 ''no. Because Lu is mean and doesn't share his sweets. So I want to make my own and not give him any.'' Jiyool says with pride at her grand snubbing plan that has Jaejoong confused whether to laugh or get angry. She doesn't bother.

''so where am I going to find cooking classes for you?'' Jaejoong leans forward putting her elbows on the marble surface before placing her chin on her closed fists looking just as adorable as her daughter who moves to copy her mother's pose.

''I'll have my class right here with you and grandma.'' Jiyool grins brightly that Jaejoong had to squeal.

 ''Aw! You're mushy just like your daddy. We can start now. Grab an apron.'' Jaejoong waits while Jiyool gets off the chair more carefully than ever and she notices a dramatic change in her which wasn't there till yesterday. ''did you grow?'' Jaejoong stands near Jiyool and almost clutched her heart seeing her very petite daughter's head near her shoulder, ''like four inches?''

oh she can't wait to tell Yunho the good news. Their baby has grown.... Literally.

Jiyool on her part silently looks at her mother like she's crazy.

A flash of light has both females turn to Mimi's Nanny holding the camera. Behind her the kitchen ajhumma's shoulders shake as she tries not to laugh out loud. Mimi's nanny was given a camera by Hyori so they won't miss any Mimi event but she has captured more than one memorable moment with the other children as well.

''what're you doing?'' Jaejoong asks seeing that the camera was pointed lower than hers or Jiyool's faces. The young woman only passes the camera to Jaejoong and the doctor looks at the last picture taken. ''eh?'' Jaejoong looks away from the camera and at Jiyool's feet before looking at the camera screen again.

There it was the cause of Jiyool's sudden growth spurt.

                                              

Jaejoong chuckled behind her hand seeing her baby girl's tiny feet in Jaejoong's new pink stilettos. The nanny had photographed the exact moment when Jaejoong's and Jiyool's feet were close to each other both wearing Jaejoong's highest stilettos she wears even at home less for style and more to match Yunho's height when she wants to steal kisses from him when he's least expecting it.

Jiyool's dainty feet look like a baby's that Jaejoong can see why Yunho says she's a princess like Cinderella. Hell! Jaejoong would get custom glass shoes for Jiyool right now if it weren't for a certain overprotective father who’d cut down prospective prince Charmings.

''Why did you wear my shoes?'' Jaejoong isn't scolding any way.

''I want to wear heels. So daddy said he'd get me a pair if I can walk in them. And I like your new shoes mama.'' Jaejoong doesn't know if the last bit is flattery but she is amused. She, herself had brought up the heel topic for Jiyool a few days ago. She dreaded the doting father rejecting it just like any other idea hinting that his baby girl is growing up. But Jaejoong was shocked instead when Yunho said it’s okay as long as they're not too high and the shoes will be brought when Jiyool asks for them and not by any of the adults. Jaejoong figures it’s Yunho’s way of teaching Jiyool some decision-making like he did letting Moonbin decide his own curfew time.

 ''I saw a similar picture in the young miss' baby book.'' the nanny says. She was looking for a story book for Mimi among Jiyool's collection and came across the baby book.

''I have a baby book?'' Jiyool chirps. ''you haven't seen your own baby book? It’s right there in your room.'' Jaejoong chides lightly. ''come on. You have to see it at least once. Your daddy and I worked had on it.'' Jaejoong pulled Jiyool along though all the girl could do was drag her feet in the large shoes making clip clop sounds on the floor.

''I'm going to borrow the camera for a bit. I can't wait to show my husband the photo.'' the nanny nods smilingly and giggled seeing Jiyool whine to walk slower.

Jaejoong and Jiyool were a few steps from the stairs when a cry came from the second floor. ''UNNNNNIIIIEEEEE~~~!!!!'' Kibum came bounding down the stairs carrying Mimi like Rafiki carried baby Simba in the Lion King.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter