Babies, bears & princesses

Happily ever after-LLAF universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Babies, bears & princesses

 

Yunho has gone all out in sulking today.

He’s splayed stomach down on the bed and his chin and hands hanging off the edge of the bed and he’s wearing that ineffable pout that he picked up from his wife. Damn Changmin if he says he’s ugly. He’s upset and he’ll pout as ing much as he wants.

And right now is a very upsetting situation.

It’s one of the rare days where all three Doctor Jungs are having a few days off together. Yunho had all sorts of plans for his and Jaejoong’s quality time together.

Don’t get him wrong. He loves his kids. but sometimes he feels like wrangling the life out of them (yes, even his princess) when they cut into his ‘uknow’ time.

But nooo…. Mrs the-day off- is-to prepare-for-Binnie’s-school-bake-sale had to ditch him for a girls day out.

While Jaejoong is enjoying her baking party with Heechul, Junsu and Kibum at Junsu’s house, Jihoon and Hyori are actually out on a date which is really chaperoning Luhan and Inwhan, who are shopping for school supplies with Moonbin.    

That leaves Yunho with his lazy brother, a daughter who’s ‘too old to hang out with her father’ (Yunho’s phraseology) and a one year old girl who will cling to everyone but him.

“Daah-dee~!” Yunho continued to pout resolutely despite the feather weight on his back. It should be bothering him that his 11 year old is so tiny she looks six, but he’s not in the mood to go there now.

Being ignored by her father didn’t sit well with Jiyool though. She pinched her father on his shoulder. However, she’s hasn’t mastered the art of pinching to get her father’s attention like her mother and Yunho’s muscular shoulder didn’t even know it was assaulted.

“Daddy!” Jiyool huffed and when she heard a resigned sigh from her father, she knew she had his attention. “I’m hungry.”

“Go bother your uncle.”

“he’s having a bath.”

Yunho glances at the wall clock opposite the bed and frowns. He turns his body, throwing Jiyool on the empty side of the bed and sits up. “Now? it’s almost lunch time. Was he sleeping till now?”

Jiyool for some reason has second-hand embarrassment because of her uncle who, when at home, is either sleeping or eating. And she knows her father is going to be angry that man didn’t wake up until a while ago and probably wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for Jiyool. “Actually…” she drawled.

15 minutes earlier…

Jiyool adjusted the crown on little Mimi’s head for the nth time that day. now that she’s not the only girl, Jiyool has taken it upon herself to teach Mimi the ways of life…which include matching your tiara to your dress, hosting tea parties, get your father to do your bidding, emotionally blackmail your mother, take advantage of your brother’s pocket money and know that bunnies are cute but bears take significant because they are the Jung bear family.

Jiyool was keeping back the things she used for their tea party in the cabinet. So she doesn’t have to bother the adults for supplies, there is a small cabinet in her room with ice tea mix, juice and biscuits. It used to be near her study table so she could have a snack within arm’s reach while she’s studying but the furniture in her room was moved a bit to accommodate Mimi’s crib.

Despite having a nursery for her, the family had to make some arrangements in Jiyool’s room because the two spend a lot of time together there and Mimi often sleeps there after playtime.

Jiyool turned around to get back to the party. “Mimi, no!” Jiyool wagged a finger in the air and the little girl paused midway keeping the Pikachu on the small stool for their party guests. Mrs Snow bear has arrived and Miss Brownie bear has been there since a long time. Lola Bunny is sitting at the table but without a cake because she has her carrot.

But why is there a Pikachu with Mimi? Jiyool doesn’t even own a Pikachu. That’s Luhan’s and Jiyool wonders if Mimi played with Luhan and Pikachu.

N- to the- O

No one plays with Jiyool’s Mimi, even if that person is Mimi’s legal brother.

She may be exaggerating but she doesn’t want her tea party desecrated by fictional animals instead of her stuffed-but-representative-of-real-animals toys.

“Mimi, Pikachu is not allowed.” Jiyool passed her diktat.

Mimi looked at her sister with large curious eyes. “Pika no?” Jiyool gave a curt nod to look strict. “But Lulu give.”

“No. No yellow rats.”

After processing the information with her toddler brain that’s centred around bears thanks to Jiyool, Mimi nodded. Jiyool went to sit on her stool between Miss Brownie and Lola Bunny while Mimi went to keep back her brother’s Pikachu which by her standards is dumping it outside jiyool’s door among all the other toys Mimi has a tendency to leave in the hallway.

While Mimi toddled to the door with the Pikachu that was almost her size, Jiyool noticed her walk was funny. When Mimi was walking, she stepped on the ribbons of her small socks and the centre of gravity of a toddler there is, she didn’t fall forward but on her little bum. The squishing sound that came with the soft thump made Jiyool cringe.

“Eung~!” Mimi whimpered at the unwanted feeling when Jiyool came close to her. Jiyool helped her up and led her out of the room while holding her hand.

The walk wasn’t long and Jiyool was now standing in front of the four post bed under the red chandelier which she finds interesting. Her parents blue one bored her when she was a baby itself but she’s also miffed that there aren’t any chandeliers in the kid’s rooms. What? They run out of colours or something…anyway, she can ask her father for one later.

“Samchon…” Jiyool tugged at the edge of the bedsheet but the feet just curled inside more. Mimi also tried by pulling the side of the bed but it ended with her landing on her again. again with that filthy sensation and Mimi looked ready to bawl soon. “Samchon, you better wake up soon.”

A head with hair sticking upwards and a little to the left on a 38 degree angle popped up from under the sheets. It turned to the right and came face to face with two teary eyes just peeking above the bed and an unpleasant smell hit his nose.

Changmin understood what the problem is.

“she needs a change.” Jiyool answered.

Changmin sat up, getting rid of the last of his slumber with a long yawn. “I got that… I’ll just give her a bath. Tcan you get me a new baby shampoo from her room please.” Changmin picked up Mimi while Jiyool ran to get her shampoo.

And back to the now…

“So they’re both having a bath?” Jiyool nods. “Now?” another nod. “at this time?” Jiyool cocked an eyebrow as if asking her father for any other interpretation of the word ‘now’.

“Daddy, I’m hungry.”

“is there bread?”

“Daddy, I need more than a sandwich.”

“but that’s all I can make edible.”

“can we order pizza?”

“how about french food? We can call from that new French restaurant down the street.”

“Sure…but daddy…”

“yeah?”

“You have to stop sulking to call for food.”

The way Yunho was conflicted at whether to give up his tantrum or not made Jiyool wonder about who’s the kid here.

“If your mother asks, I was sulking the whole day.” Yunho said while reaching for his phone.

“if you get me a chandelier.” Jiyool propositioned.

“How about a touch lamp?”

“A small chandelier.”

“that purple bear lamp you saw the other day.”

“Deal.”

And they shook on it like the business savvy father and daughter they are.

~~~

Changmin stepped out of the shower cubicle after his two minute bath and smiled at his daughter enjoying her little water park in the mini tub.

Mimi is very good at doing what she’s told at this age. So if her father tells her not to step out of the tub till he’s back, she will sit in the warm bubble bath with her fishy toys.

Changmin put on a pair of lounge-pants and got rid of his towel after that. He didn’t care that he needed to dry his hair. Mimi was his priority.

Kibum is quite good at taking a bath while letting Mimi stay in peace by herself. And though Changmin also knows that the girl will stay put when she’s told to, he can’t help but worry and that always makes him take super short showers.

His only sympathiser is Yunho. Everyone knows the man who used to have a full-blown concert in the bathroom would run out in two minutes if he heard his daughter crying.

Not so much happened with Luhan and Moonbin since the two had parents and grandparents to handle them at any given point of time. The Jung Princesses have very hands-on daddies.

Changmin crouched in front of the little tub where Mimi was slapping the surface of the water.

“Having fun?” Mimi looked at him and squealed. “Bubburs!”

“no more bubbles. You have to wash up now.” Changmin tried to put on his strict tone, but that would only work on interns. Not his kids.

“No. bubburs.” Mimi, ever the Jung princess, said with equal insistence.

“You forget angel, you’re a wee l’il thing in front of me.” And Changmin hauled her from the tub with one hand effortlessly despite the protesting squeals.

Mimi found herself in the large ceramic tub being washed down by the spray of the hand shower and then wrapped in her fluffy towel.

Mimi was now feeling cosy in her towel, especially since she’s being held against her father’s chest and the other half of the towel was wiping her hair gently giving her the feeling of being massaged.

“Hmmm~…” was the blissful sigh as the toddler turned a bit to get the back of her head and neck massaged as well.

“You like that huh…” Changmin stopped the wiping now that she’s dry but the girl pulled his hand back and made it rub her forehead. Changmin chuckled at that. “You want to be pampered don’t you… ah…you're going to end up like Jiyool, loving those spas at such a young age. You're going to be like her and follow your Halmeoni to the spa right?”

“Ya-ah-ah-aaah~!” Mimi sang in a stop-break pitch, hardly understanding what Changmin just said but said it for the heck of it. “really? You're going to spas and come back with nail art? Ah! I’m not prepared for that…” Changmin’s cheeks puffed as he nuzzled the side of Mimi’s head.

Mimi found his puffed face amusing so she tried to slap them to deflate them. that earned her a raspberry on her stomach.

“EEEEEAHAHAHAHAHA! NOOO~!” she squealed, trying to get away from the tickles.

Changmin put her on the counter and immediately Mimi was reaching for the hot water tap on the sink. Changmin pulled her hand back. “No touching.” As if Mimi was deaf, she now reached for the box shelves with the bath necessities. Changmin’s was on the other side while Kibum’s was closer and Changmin almost had a heart attack seeing her razor hanging off the edge of the shelf. “NO!” he put Mimi at the farthest end of the shiny marble counter and kept the razor at the back. He turned to Mimi. “You stay here and don’t touch anything. I’ll clear things up quickly okay?”

The little head under the towel nodded. With the hood of her towel over her head and tiny hands holding it close reminded Changmin of little red riding hood, only the towel was yellow.

Mimi’s legs swung from the counter top as she watched Changmin drain her little tub before pushing it out of the way and get a mop to wipe out the puddles of water from Mimi’s splashing. Just last week, Kibum nearly slipped on the water after giving Mimi a bath. Lucky for her, Changmin was there to catch her in time. So they don’t take any chances now.

“There. Done.” Changmin took Mimi back to the bedroom so he could get her dressed up. After putting a diaper on the wriggly baby girl, he slipped her into a simple bear-printed frock and leggings before getting a t-shirt for himself.

“AAAAAHAHAHAHA~~!” Changmin heard the war cry/ squeal, a little fainter once she was out of the room and in the hallway, while he was putting his head through the neck of the shirt.

Changmin didn’t think much of it as he put his shirt and combed his hair leisurely. He took his own time stepping out of the room.

He picked up a stray Donald Duck toy that was on the floor of the hallway near the bedroom and placed it on the ottoman near the door, too lazy to keep it on his bed. Halfway towards the stairs, he swiped the Lego pieces inside the boys’ room. So if anyone were to step on them, it will be Moonbin or Luhan and that might get Luhan to stop leaving his stuff around the house and Mimi will follow just like she took up his ‘scatter your toys to the ends of the earth’ habit.

Near the stairs, Changmin finds Mimi on the carpeted floor playing her own random version of paddy cake with a large bear. It’s white and has a pink bow on one of its ears and Changmin knows it reminds her of her real paddy cake partner- an aunt with snowy skin just as cuddly as that bear like everyone in the bear household.

Except Yunho. He’s doesn’t meet the very high bear standards of Jung Mimi.

~~~

“no one’s answering.” Yunho complains at his phone as if demanding it get a person on the other line by any means.

“are you sure you got the right number? You’ve already misplaced the menu.” Jiyool had a hint of scolding in her tone.

“How could it get lost?” before Jiyool could tell it didn’t get lost but he lost the menu, Yunho continued, “we keep all the menus in the first drawer under the kitchen platform.”

“No daddy. The first drawer is for spoons. We keep the takeout menus in the third drawer.” And Jiyool opened the drawer with a stack of restaurant pamphlets to illustrate. She pulled out another menu from the middle. “Let’s order something else.”

Yunho took the proffered menu and found that is for Italian food. “we can’t have pizza. Mimi’ll get constipation from cheese.”

“pasta?”

“Same difference.”

Yunho took another menu. “we haven’t had Thai for a long time.”

“Mimi can’t have so much pepper.” Jiyool held out another menu. “this one.” Yunho didn’t even bother taking it, reading the name was enough. “it’s a breakfast place.”

“English breakfast.” Jiyool corrected. “English, like Princess Katherine.” And Yunho knew his daughter is sold on that princess idea and she’s bossy too.  

But he’s the father here dammit!

“we’re having Korean food. No arguments.” Yunho declared as he threw the other menus somewhere and looked in the drawer for the menu of one of the two Korean restaurants they frequent. “Dammit! Where is it?”

Jiyool slapped his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter