Chapter Twenty Four

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Twenty Four:

Taecyeon, Yoona, and Mrs. Ok hurried into the hospital. Taec was holding Jae Hwa as they hurried upto the front desk.

"W-where's Ok Kwang Ik?" Mrs. Ok stuttered.

The receptionist checked her computer.

"Mr. Ok is undergoing treatment."

"Do you know what his condition is now?" Taec asked.

"No. Not yet."

Mrs. Ok groaned.

"Please...please, keep him alive."

The receptionist gestured towards the waiting room chairs.

"Please, calm down and wait. We will call you when we are ready."

Yoona and Taec led Mrs. Ok to the chairs and helped her sit.

While Taec calmed his mother down, Yoona hurried back up to the front desk and asked for Kim Taeyeon.

"She is currently in stable condition." The receptionist read from her computer. She looked at Yoona. "Would you like to go see her?"

Yoona nodded. She told Taec that she was going to check on her friend for a moment, and asked Mrs. Ok to calm down and relax.

She followed a doctor to Taeyeon's room, room 156, and opened the door.

Taeyeon was unconscious in bed, her arms covered in gauze. She had an oxygen mask on. Yoona hurried over to her unnie and took her hand.

"Taeyeon unnie...?"

Yoona turned to the doctor.

"Is she going to be okay?"

The doctor looked through his clipboard.

"Miss Taeyeon was treated for significant burns and smoke inhalation. She will, most likely, be fine within a week or two."

Yoona breathed a sigh of relief.

"However..." The doctor continued. Yoona looked at him.

'However...?'

The doctor fidgeted with his glasses.

"Miss Taeyeon was also treated for trauma and shock. Trauma and shock may sometimes take a long time to heal from. In Miss Taeyeon's case, they may take a while to heal."

Yoona turned to Taeyeon with tears in her eyes.

"Unnie..."

She knelt down next to Taeyeon's bed and shut her eyes.

'Unnie...'

 

"What?"

"A patient died today?"

"How could....oh my..."

The nurses gathered around and talked in the break room.

"I heard he was part of a huge car accident earlier today..."

"I feel so bad for his family..."

 

A doctor walked out of Mr. Ok's treatment room and sighed. He shut his eyes.

"Dr. Lee?"

Lee Seung Gi opened his eyes and saw the hospital's director, Mr. Hwang, walking towards him. Dr. Lee bowed.

"Yes, sir?"

"I heard a patient under your hand passed away today."

Seung Gi looked down as Mr. Hwang looked pained. The patient that had passed away was none other than his old business partner and good friend Ok Kwang Ik.

"I'm...so sorry, sir. He was suffering from major injuries due to a car accident...and...and..."

Mr. Hwang sighed.

"It was unfortunate..." He patted Seung Gi on the shoulder. "It's not entirely your fault."

Seung Gi swallowed.

"However, since you were the main doctor heading Mr. Ok's treatment, you should be the one to tell the patient's family the news."

Seung Gi took a deep breath. Telling the deceased patient's family the dreadfull news was the least he could do to make up for his mistake. He bowed.

"I will go right now, Mr. Hwang."

Seung Gi turned to leave, but Mr. Hwang sighed.

"Wait."

Seung Gi turned.

"Y-yes?"

Mr. Hwang had a sad expression on his face.

"Please tell them the news of Mr. Ok's passing as gently as possible. Please."

Seung Gi nodded. He bowed once more and turned, walking towards the waiting room.

 

Yoona had returned from Taeyeon's room, saddened by the news of trauma and shock.

She was sitting next to Taecyeon and Mrs. Ok.

Jae Hwa had fallen asleep in Taec's arms and was oblivious to the dreadful news they were about to hear.

"Is anyone here for Ok Kwang Ik?" A doctor had appeared from the double doors.

Mrs. Ok sprang up.

"Us! Us!"

Taecyeon hurried over, with Yoona following. She took Jae Hwa from Taec and held him gently as the three followed the doctor down the hall to his office.

They gathered in the doctor's office. Taec glanced at the name placard.

'Lee Seung Gi...'

Dr. Lee took a deep breath.

"As you already know, Mr. Ok suffered severe injuries from the accident..."

Mrs. Ok hung onto the doctor's every word. Seung Gi glanced at the young woman who was holding a small child. He gulped.

"I-I'm...terribly sorry. W-we tried our best, but...but..."

He didn't have to go any further.

Mrs. Ok's face paled. She grabbed Taec's arm.

"T-Taecyeon...w-what...w-what is he talking about? Your father...he couldn't have died...he...couldn't have..."

Taec swallowed and looked at his mother.

"Mom...Dad...he's..." He shut his eyes. "He's passed on..."

Yoona shut her eyes, trying to stop her tears.

Taec had a stone cold expression on his face as he turned to the doctor.

"Please...can we see him? At least once...please..."

Seung Gi led the them to Mr. Ok's room.

He opened the door, and Mrs. Ok rushed over to Mr. Ok's lifeless body.

"Honey...honey, please...wake up. WAKE UP!" She screamed.

Taec was frozen in shock as Yoona stared.

"F-father..." She whispered.

Mr. Ok's eyes were closed and his skin was almost white.

Mrs. Ok sobbed by her dead husband's bedside. Yoona shut her eyes as tears fell.

Taec was still frozen.

'Father...is...dead...'

Taec shut his eyes and slammed his fist down onto the bedside table.

"NO! NO!!!" He shouted.

Seung Gi looked down, regretting telling them about Mr. Ok's passing.

The last thing he had wanted was to bring pain to a happy family.

 

The day of Mr. Ok's funeral, only a few people gathered.

Mrs. Ok, Yoona, Taecyeon, Jae Hwa, and only a couple others were there to see the burial mound.

But although there was only a few people present on that day, it was filled with more heart and sadness than ever before.

------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry this chapter is kinda poorly written (?)

My main points were Taeyeon's trauma and Mr. Ok's death. Also, Taec's coldness is a sign that will lead to something bad in the future, so be aware of that >;)

ANYWAYS, thanks so much for the support and subscribers and wonderful comments! ^ ^

I will update soon!