Chapter Twenty Nine

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Twenty Nine:

It was six in the morning.

Lee Donghae was in the Seoul Medical Center's filing room. He flipped through the profiles of previous patients at the hospital.

He found the section with last names beginning with the letter "I" and scanned the shelves. After a few minutes, he found the file he had been searching for and grabbed it gently.

Donghae looked down and opened the folder slowly. He smiled slyly.

The name Im Yoona was written on the first page.

He flipped through the papers and quickly wrote down her phone number and address on a sticky note. Then he took out his phone and made a contact for her.

Suddenly, the door to the filing room opened and Donghae's friend Lee Seung Gi walked in. He seemed surprised to find his friend there.

"Oh, Donghae!" Seung Gi greeted. He checked his watch. "What are you doing here so early?"

Donghae seemed a bit flustered to see his friend.

"A-ah, I was just checking on one of my, uh, patient's files." He said. "Nothing much."

Donghae held up the file in his hand, his fingers covering up the name tab.

"I found it now, so I'll be heading back to my office."

He quickly waved and hurried out of the room. Seung Gi watched as Donghae dashed down the hall with the file.

"Hmm...that was strange..." He said to himself. He cleared his throat. "Anyways...I should look for what I came for..."

Seung Gi approached the shelves of files and scanned them carefully.

'The file should be here...they told me she used to be a patient here...'  Seung Gi thought.

He scanned the "I" section over and over again.

'Im Yoona...Im Yoona...where are you?' He searched for a long time, but could not find her folder.

As Seung Gi walked out of the filing room a long while later, he wondered where Im Yoona's profile went.

 

Baekhyun sat on his bed.

He had barely slept after confessing to Taeyeon that he had feelings for her.

She had not answered him that night, and it bothered him and made him feel depressed.

Baek stared out his window as he thought back to three nights ago...the night he had confessed.

 

'I think...I like you...' Baekhyun had said.

Taeyeon stared at him.

'W-what...did you just say?' She blinked.

Baek leaned in a bit closer.

'Noona...I...I think I have feelings for you.' He his lips and gazed at her. 'I...like you.'

Taeyeon stared at him with a look of disbelief on her face.

'B-Baekhyun...'

'I'm being completely honest right now, noona. Ever since the first time I met you...you've been the only one on my mind.' Baek said. 'There hasn't been a day ever since then that I haven't thought about you.'

Baek took a deep breath.

'So...will you...will you be mine? Will you be my girlfriend?'

Taeyeon stared at him and Baek stared back. He glanced down at her lips and slowly leaned in closer.

Just as he was about to kiss her, Taeyeon opened the car door.

'I-I think I will just take the bus back home.' She stammered, her cheeks red. 'B-bye.'

Baek stared as Taeyeon ran off.

He flung open his car door and ran out. Baek ran after Taeyeon and grabbed her arm once he caught up to her.

'Noona...'

'I want to go home alone, Baek.' Taeyeon said, avoiding his eyes. She let go of him and ran off towards the bus stop.

Baek felt desperate.

'Taeyeon! Taeyeon!' He shouted. 'I...I will wait for your answer! I will wait for you, Taeyeon...I...will wait....'

 

Baekhyun sighed.

"Maybe I shouldn't have confessed..." He groaned. "What if I messed up everything?"

He glanced at his phone. It had been three days since he had seen or talked to Taeyeon.

Slowly, he picked up his phone and turned it on.

Baek dialed Taeyeon's number but hesitated before clicking the call button.

"No...I should be more patient." He told himself.

With that, he set his phone off to the side and stared at his wall. A few minutes later, he sighed.

Baek reached over and picked up his phone.

"It's been three days already...I should try calling her..." He dialed Taeyeon's number again.

Just as he was about to click the call button, his phone rang.

Baek stared at the caller id, and saw that it was Taeyeon's number.

He cleared his throat before answering.

"N-noona...?"

Taeyeon took a deep breath on the other end.

"Baekhyun...I'm...I'm sorry for leaving you like that the other day." She apologized.

Baek smiled, happy that Taeyeon had contacted him.

"It's fine. You were...surprised, weren't you?" He said quietly.

Taeyeon laughed weakly.

"Heh...y-yeah..." She said.

There was a pause.

"About..my answer..." Taeyeon said quietly. Baek felt his heart quicken.

"It's okay if you don't want to..." Baek said. He looked down. "I just..."

"I will answer." Taeyeon interrupted. She hesitated and blushed. "I..."

Baek hung onto her every word.

Taeyeon took a deep breath.

"I think...I like you, too."

 

Nickhun stared at Victoria. They were sitting across from each other in Khun's office at SAS Trading Co.

"What a coincedence, we meet again." Khun smirked. "You know, I still haven't finished cleaning the shirt you made me spill coffee on. The stain is still on it."

Victoria bit her lip and bowed her head slightly.

"S-sorry." She said.

Khun smirked again and sighed.

"Eh. Not a big deal." He winked. "I just felt like bringing it back up again." He cleared his throat. "Anyways, you came here for a job interview?"

Victoria nodded.

Nickhun checked through her profile and resume.

"Hmm...graduated from Seoul National University...top 5% of the graduating class..."

He looked up at Victoria.

"You're pretty smart, huh?" He said. Victoria sat up.

"I, uh, guess so." She said, looking proud.

Nickhun asked her the usual questions he was required to ask in an interview, then some personal questions. He found that he and the girl had much in common, and he liked that.

After half an hour, the job interview was over.

Victoria and Khun stood and shook hands.

"I will recommend you to my father. I think he could use a girl like you to be a translator." Nickhun flashed a smile at her.

Victoria grinned.

"Thank you, thank you!" She bowed. Then she squealed once, blushed, bowed again, and dashed out of the room.

Nickhun watched her hurry down the hall happily, and he laughed.

"What an interesting girl..."

 

Taemin walked into the supermarket.

He grabbed a basket and shopped for a few snacks and fruit.

He grabbed his purchases and walked over to the cashier registers. He glanced over at Naeun's register, and saw her yawning. He could tell she was tired.

Taemin glanced around and hurried over to the refrigerated drink aisle. He scanned the drinks and picked out an ice coffee.

He hurried back over to the cashier registers, and went over to Naeun's.

She smiled at him.

"Hello." She said, beginning to scan his items. "You're back."

Taemin chuckled.

"Yup. I, uh, needed a few more things."

He watched Naeun as she scanned his items and helped her bag the purchases.

He finished paying and smiled. Taemin reached into one of the bags and pulled out the coffee.

He handed it to Naeun.

"This is for you." He said, blushing.

Naeun looked surprised.

"M-me?"

Taemin nodded, smiling.

"You seemed tired. The coffee will wake you up a bit."

He waved.

"I have to go now." Taemin said. He smiled, blushing. "But...I'll come back again later."

He walked towards the double doors.

"Enjoy the coffee!" He grinned and left the market.

Naeun looked at the bottle of coffee and slowly smiled, her cheeks blushing.
 

 

Taecyeon sat crisscrossed on one end of the living room rug, and Yoona sat at the other, holding Jae Hwa's hands.

Taecyeon clapped his hands.

"Come to appa, Jay!" He coaxed.

Over the past few weeks, Jay had become Jae Hwa's nickname.

Yoona let go of Jay's small hands and gasped as he slowly began to walk.

Taec stared in delight as Jay carefully walked over to him, his little face beaming in happiness.

"Come on...a little more..." Taec said, holding out his arms.

Jay slowly made his way over to his father and fell into Taec's strong arms. Yoona hurried over and kissed her son.

"Jae Hwa...you did it!" She smiled in pride. Taec grinned happily and kissed his son's forehead.

"Jay is all grown up now, huh?" He said, Jae Hwa's head.. "You can even walk by yourself now!"

"He's almost a year old now..." Yoona smiled and sighed. "Time goes by so fast..."

Taec looked up at his wife and wrapped one of his arms around her. He kissed her cheek.

"Whether time goes by super fast...or whether it goes by super slowly..." Taec smiled at Yoona. "I don't care. As long as I get to spend that time with you."

Yoona smiled, blushing.

"Oppa..."

Taecyeon kissed her again.

Jay squealed happily in his dad's arms and Taec looked at his son.

"Aigoo, are you happy, Jae Hwa?" He grinned. Yoona smiled.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She stood and hurried over to her bag and grabbed her phone.

"Hmm..." She said as she walked back over to Taec and Jae Hwa.

Taec glanced at the phone screen.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"It's an unknown number..." Yoona said.

"Unknown?" Taec said.

Hesitating, Yoona answered the phone.

"Hello?" She said.

 

"Hello?" A familiar female voice said.

Donghae stood at a payphone booth at the mall.

He felt his heart start to beat at the sound of Yoona's voice. 

He wanted to say something to her, but couldn't.

"Hello? Who is it?" Yoona asked. Her voice sounded confused.

Donghae took a deep breath.

He grasped his phone tightly.

"Do you remember me?" He said quietly. "Lee Donghae."

 

Seung Gi knocked on Donghae's door.

"Donghae?" He asked. "Are you in there?"

There was no answer. Seung Gi checked his watch.

"Did he already leave?" He wondered aloud.

Seung Gi knocked again.

Slowly, he opened the door and stepped into Donghae's office.

Seung Gi looked around.

"Huh. I guess he left." He said.

He was about to leave when he saw Donghae's phone on the desk, resting ontop of a folder.

He walked over and picked it up.

"He forgot to bring his phone..."

Seung Gi glanced at the file the phone was resting on and blinked.

There was a sticky note with a number scribbled on it, and the name "Im Yoona" was listed on the tab.

Seung Gi stared and picked up the file.

"Why...why does Donghae have this?"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOORAY! I finally updated! :D

I tried to make this chapter kind of dramatic with a few sweet moments, but I'm not sure if I did a good job :/

ANYWAYS! 

I'm really, really, really, really, really, REALLY sorry for not updating quickly these days! :(
I will try my hardest to update at least once every two days from now on. ;D

I think that the story will end soon with about thirty something chapters in total!

Up until the very end of this story, I will try my best to make it a great fanfic! 

Hopefully this is a strong "debut story" for me on asianfanfics :)

Thanks for all the support! I will update soon!

Love you guys!!!!!!!! *Internet huggles*