Chapter Eight

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Eight:

 

Taecyeon walked to the modeling agency with Yoona, holding hands. It was the day before the two graduated from high school. Taecyeon stopped walking and pulled Yoona into a hug in the middle of the street.

 

“O-oppa!” Yoona struggled, embarrassed. “There’s people everywhere!”

 

Taecyeon smiled. “So what?” He sighed. “I’m going to make sure I see you everyday after school ends.”

 

Yoona slowly smiled and hugged him back. “Me too.” She pulled away from him. “But for now, let’s hurry. We’re going to be late.”

 

Taecyeon took her hand again and nodded. They hurried to the ROM Design building.

 

“Ah! There’s the prominent couple!” Sungmin waved to them.

 

Sunny squealed. “We just got a whole new line of clothing!”

 

Sooyoung clapped her hands. “The designs are SOOO good!”

 

Sunny led Yoona into the styling room while Sooyoung dragged Taecyeon to his room. Sungmin smiled and adjusted his camera lens, eager for the shoot.

 

After about fifteen minutes, Yoona and Taecyeon came out of their rooms and the photo shoot began.


1390375119_2009021109584988167-1-jpg.jpg

77W3AF5PSH1LGINAGAXQ.JPG




d2c19d65099a3c4504b11d19a1209c65.jpg

0CxEm.jpg




“Alright! And that’s all for today!” Sungmin snapped one last photo and Yoona and Taecyeon went back to the rooms to change.

Just then, Sungmin’s phone rang.

 

“Hello?” He answered.

 

“Hello? Is this ROM Design?” The voice on the other end asked.

 

“Yes. How can I help you?”

 

“Ah, yes. I’m the manager at the Cabi Bay Water Park, and I was amazed at the modeling quality of ROM Design...so I was wondering if your models could come advertise at our park. We will supply hotel rooms and such.”

 

Sungmin beamed. “Of course!”

 

“We wanted to bring out a ‘couple’ theme at our waterpark...like, ‘you can come here with your lover and have fun!’.”

 

Sungmin nodded. “Alright…next week? Okay.” He smiled. “We have the PERFECT modeling couple for your waterpark’s theme.

 

The Cabi Bay manager thanked him and hung up. Sungmin set down his phone at the exact moment Taecyeon and Yoona and the stylists walked back into the room.

 

Sungmin grinned at them. “Guys! Great news!”

 

“What is it, oppa?” Sunny asked.

 

“We just got a request to model for the Cabi Bay Water Park!”

 

Sooyoung gasped. “OMG! YES!”

 

Sungmin raised an eyebrow mischievously and smirked. “They asked for us to model to advertise their waterpark’s ‘couple theme’.”

 

Everyone turned to Yoona and Taecyeon, who were blushing.

 

“Well, we have the PERFECT models for that!” Sunny squealed. “They’re dating in real life too so it’s even BETTER!”

 

Taecyeon felt his ears go red. “Oh, be quiet.” He looked at Sungmin. “When’s the shoot?”

 

“Next week. We get to spend three days at a resort water park without any charge!”

 

Sunny and Sooyoung squealed happily.

 

Yoona smiled.

 

“Are you free next week?” Sungmin asked Taec and Yoona.

 

The two nodded. Then Yoona gasped.

 

“Taemin...I can’t leave him alone at home for three days!” Yoona bit her lip.

 

Sunny tilted her head. “Who’s Taemin?”

 

“Her younger brother.” Taecyeon explained. He looked at Sungmin. “Can we bring him along?”

 

Sungmin nodded. “Sure!” He winked. “Seeing how beautiful Yoona is, her brother must be pretty good looking as well!”

 

Yoona bowed. “Thank you! Thank you so much.”

 

Sungmin beamed. “No prob.” He checked his watch. “Well, it’s getting late. Let’s go home!”

 

Taecyeon smiled and took Yoona’s hand. The two waved to Sungmin, Sunny, and Sooyoung and walked out of the building.

 

Sunny sighed happily. “They are such a cute couple.”

 

Sungmin nodded. “I know. I hope someday I can find the perfect girl, just like Taecyeon did.” He glanced at Sunny and blushed.

 

Sooyoung smirked. “Well, I’m going to go. See you later, love birds.”

 

Sunny blushed. “W-what?! YAH! CHOI SOOYOUNG!”

 

Meanwhile, outside, Taecyeon held hands with Yoona. The sky was darkening and the streets were already crowded with night shoppers. The smell of delicious food filled the air. Taecyeon pointed at Dongdaemun.

 

“Want to grab something to eat for Taemin...and us?” He asked, grinning.

 

Yoona smiled and nodded.

 

They walked around like a newly married couple, sampling food and buying items.

 

“Aigoo, such a cute couple!” An old lady who ran a tteokbokki tent said happily.

 

Yoona blushed. Taecyeon smiled. “Thank you!”

 

After a bit of walking, Yoona took out her phone.

 

“Taec oppa!”

 

Taecyeon turned and Yoona snapped a photo of him.

 

2pm.2.jpg  

 

“Hey!” Taecyeon tried to take the phone away from her.

 

Yoona giggled and showed him the photo. “At least you posed.”

 

The two walked inside a restaurant and ordered some food.

 

While they were waiting, Taec smiled and took out his phone. He grinned at Yoona.

 

“Come here, Yoona. Let me take a photo of you.”

 

Yoona smiled and Taec snapped a photo.


yoona-im-yoona-26257712-400-601.jpg

 

Taec looked at the photo. “Ah...even when you’re not modeling, you are still beautiful! I think I’m going to use this photo as my wallpaper.”

 

Yoona laughed.

 

Taec set his wallpaper and showed Yoona. “There! The prettiest girl on Earth as my wallpaper! My life is complete!”

 

Yoona laughed more.

 

Their food came out and they ate together. Yoona fed Taecyeon some soondae and Taecyeon fed her some noodles. They both smiled.

 

After a while, they finished and Taecyeon walked Yoona home.

 

They reached her street and Taec smiled.

 

“See you at graduation.” He hugged her.

 

Yoona hugged him back. “Bye, oppa. See you tomorrow.”

 

She let go of him, waved, and turned.

 

Taecyeon watched as Yoona hurried up to her house and went inside.

 

He sighed happily.

 

“I am the luckiest guy on Earth.”

 

It was graduation day. All the students were dressed in their caps and gowns and sitting in the auditorium. Their parents, family members, and distant friends from other schools sat on the bleachers, proud of the grads.

 

“And now, here is our valedictorian for the school year, Im Yoona!”

 

Everyone clapped. Taecyeon whistled. Tiffany rolled her eyes while Nickhun looked down.

 

Over the last few months, Nickhun had realized how much Yoona meant to Taecyeon and how much Taec meant to her. He realized that he wasn’t the one for her, no matter how much he wanted to be. He took a deep breath and looked back up.

 

Yoona smiled shyly as she made her way up to the podium.

 

“Thank you.”

 

The auditorium went quiet as Yoona gave her well prepared speech.

 

“...once we walk through the doors of Seoul Academy for the last time today, we will begin a new journey as young adults. But throughout that

journey, we will have people there, and our knowledge we have gained from school, to guide us.” She concluded. Taecyeon smiled at her and

 

Yoona smiled  back.

 

Everyone clapped as Yoona went back to her seat. Taecyeon gave her a thumbs up, which made her blush.

 

Before long, the ceremony ended. Taemin ran down and hugged his noona.

 

“Great speech, noona!” He complimented. Taecyeon smiled and kissed Yoona’s forehead.

 

“Great job today, Yoona.”

 

Yoona smiled. “Thanks.”

 

Nickhun came down to where Yoona and Taecyeon were and smiled.

 

“Congrats on being valedictorian, Yoona.” He said.

 

Yoona nodded. “Thank you.”

 

Nickhun patted Taemin on the back. “You’re lucky to have such a great sister.”

 

Taemin grinned. “I know.”

 

Then Khun shook hands with Taecyeon. “And you’re lucky to have such a wonderful girlfriend.”

 

Despite Khun’s crush on Yoona, Taec could see sincerity in his old friend’s eyes.

 

Taec nodded.

 

“Yeah.”

 

Khun nodded and waved. “Well, I have to go. I’m leaving for the airport tonight and I have to pack.”

 

Taec frowned. “Airport?’

 

Khun sighed. “I have an internship with this biologist in Thailand. I’ll be gone for six months.”

 

Yoona looked at him. “Stay safe, Khun.”

 

Khun glanced at her. “Thanks. And, uh, I’m sorry...for hurting you sometimes and stuff.”

 

Yoona smiled softly, saddened at the fact that Khun was leaving. “It’s ok.”

 

Taec bit his lip. “Well...I guess...this is goodbye...for real.” He said to Khun.

 

Nickhun nodded. “Yeah.”

 

He slapped Taec on the back. “Take care of Yoona for me, okay? Treat her well. And...I’m sorry that I was such a jerk these past few months.”

 

Taec looked at him and smiled gently. “It’s okay...and don’t worry.”

 

Khun waved again and turned. He felt tears welling up in his eyes as he walked to his car.

 

‘Take good care of Yoona, Taec...I...I trust you...’

 

He started the car engine and drove onto the highway.

 

‘It’s time...to begin a new journey...’

 

Tiffany ran up to Taecyeon and hugged him from behind.

 

“OPPA!”

 

Taec turned. “Tiff…”

 

Yoona watched as Tiffany cried.

 

“Don’t forget me, okay?” She shut her eyes. “I like you, too.”

 

Taec shook Tiffany off him gently.

 

“I won’t forget you. Don’t worry.”

 

Tiffany looked at Yoona and glared. Yoona bit her lip and looked down.

 

Taecyeon held Yoona’s hand.

 

“I’ll miss you, Tiff.” He held Yoona’s hand tighter. “But you have to move on. I found my love...and it’s time for you to find yours.”

 

He turned. “Come on, Yoona. Let’s go, Taemin.”

 

Yoona looked back, reluctant to leave.

 

“Oppa…”

 

Taec shook his head. “Just come.”

 

Tiffany sank to the ground and cried.

 

“OPPA!” She sobbed. “I’ve already found my love…”

 

She looked up and saw Taecyeon walking away.

 

“...it’s you.”

 

Yuri hurried over to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was surprised to see Yuri crying too.

 

“Why..are you crying?” She sobbed.

 

“Khun just left...he’s going to THAILAND!” Yuri cried desperately. “I didn’t even say goodbye!”

 

Tiffany stopped crying. “Khun...left?”

 

Yuri sobbed. “Yes, yes. AHHH! He didn’t even tell meee!”

 

Tiffany gulped.

 

‘Khun oppa...left?’

 

For some reason, the fact that Khun had left without telling her made her feel sad.

 

‘Nickhun...be safe...and...please...don’t forget me...’

 

Tiffany stood and helped Yuri up.

 

‘...because you were part of my past too...’ Tiffany wiped her tears.‘...because I used to like you too...’