Chapter Twenty One

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

 

Chapter Twenty One:

 

(2 months later)
Yoona finished putting on her normal clothes. She put on the slightest bit of makeup and stepped out of the bathroom. Taecyeon was in her hospital room, cradling the baby. He looked up as Yoona walked back into the room and grinned.

 

“After all this time, you’re finally out of the hospital.” He said, standing and kissing her.

 

Yoona smiled and took Jae Hwa from Taec’s arms. She kissed the baby’s forehead.

 

“Mommy’s coming home now, Jae Hwa.” She said. Taecyeon smiled.

 

Taecyeon put his arm around Yoona as they walked out of the hospital, Yoona holding Jae Hwa in her arms. They got into Taec’s sleek black

Mercedes and drove to Yoona’s house.

 

“My parents are waiting for you, by the way. They want you to live with us.” Taec said.

 

“Live with you?” Yoona looked at him.

 

“Well...yeah. I mean, Jae Hwa should live with both parents, so you should come and live with us.”

 

Yoona blinked.

 

“But we’re not even married…”

 

Taecyeon bit his lip as he pulled up in front of Yoona’s house. He opened the door for Yoona and held Jae Hwa.

 

They walked into the house. Taemin came out of his room and grinned.

 

“Noona! Hyung!” He hurried over. “Jae Hwa! It’s me, Uncle Taemin.”

 

Taemin hugged Yoona.

 

“Ah...I missed you…” He said, happy his noona was out of recovery.

 

Taecyeon kissed Yoona’s forehead.

 

“You should take it easy for a few days.” He told her.

 

Yoona smiled and nodded.

 

Taecyeon helped her unpack and cooked a quick meal for her.

 

“Here.” He placed a bowl of warm soup on the dining table. “You should have some soup. It’s good for your body.”

 

He took Yoona’s hand and led her to the table.

 

“Make sure you eat well and stay healthy.” Taec leaned over and kissed her. “Okay?”
 

Yoona nodded. She took a sip of the soup.

 

“Mmm...it tastes good!” She smiled. Taecyeon grinned.

 

“Oh course it tastes good! Your loving boyfriend made it!”

 

Yoona laughed as Taec blushed.

 

The next day, Taecyeon hurried into a jewelry store. He stared into the glass display cases full of rings and other accessories.

 

“Welcome! How may we help you?” A worker asked cheerfully.

 

Taecyeon smiled and scanned the case for a perfect ring.

 

“Getting engaged?” The worker smiled. Taec nodded happily. He picked a beautiful, one of a kind, diamond ring.

 

Taec took a deep breath as the worker placed the ring in a red velvet small box. The worker handed the box to him and grinned.

 

“Wish you the best of luck, man.”

 

Taecyeon grinned back as he walked out of the shop.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Ok had insisted on Yoona visiting at least for dinner, so a couple days after Yoona was discharged from the hospital, Taecyeon drove her and Jae Hwa to their family mansion.

 

Yoona stared up at the huge house as they drove through the gate.

 

Taecyeon held Jae Hwa in the baby basket and he took Yoona’s hand as they walked into the mansion.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Ok were in the living room, smiling. Yoona bowed to the two elders.

 

“Welcome!” Mrs. Ok greeted happily. She hugged Yoona gently.

 

Mr. Ok smiled warmly.

 

“Welcome. How are you, Yoona? I heard you were discharged a few days ago.”

 

Yoona nodded and smiled.

 

“I feel fine now.”

 

Mr. Ok nodded.

 

“Good, good.”

 

Taecyeon set down the baby basket onto the floor and took Jae Hwa out. Jae Hwa woke up from his nap and began to cry. Yoona hurried over

and sighed.

 

“He must be hungry.”

 

Taecyeon pointed to his room.

 

“If you’re uncomfortable feeding out here, you can go feed him in there. I’ll go with you.”

 

He led Yoona and Jae Hwa to his room. Yoona remembered to bow before leaving.

 

Mrs. Ok sighed.

 

“She must be so tired, taking care of a firstborn.”

 

Mr. Ok nodded.

 

“I hope she enjoys dinner time.”

 

Mrs. Ok nodded as well.

 

“Yes.”

 

Taecyeon watched as Yoona expertly fed Jae Hwa.

 

“When do you stop feeding?” Taec asked, Yoona’s back.

 

“I read that it’s best if you feed until the baby is 6 months old, at least.” Yoona said.

 

Taec nodded.

 

“4 more months then.” He counted in his head. Yoona smiled.

 

“Ah...our Jae Hwa is already 2 months old.” She her son’s fuzzy head.

 

Taec smiled.

 

“Yeah. Time sure flies…”

 

“Yes…”

 

The Ok family and Yoona were all seated at the dining table. There was a feast laid out on the table. Everyone ate and chatted happily.

 

“So...have you two thought about getting married?” Mr. Ok asked.

 

Taec nearly choked on his food. Yoona blushed.

 

Taecyeon coughed.

 

Mrs. Ok playfully hit her husband on the shoulder.

 

“Oh, honey.”

 

Mr. Ok shrugged, biting his steak.

 

“They should get married. Either way, they are parents now.”

 

Yoona and Taec glanced at each other, both blushing.

 

‘Marriage…?’ Yoona thought.

 

Taec bit his lip as he felt his pant’s pocket. He could feel the ring box and he blushed even more.

 

After dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Ok flocked over the baby, cooing and and laughing. Taec smiled and glanced at Yoona.

 

“Um...Yoona? Can you follow me somewhere? There’s...something I have to tell you…”

 

Yoona looked at him and nodded.

 

“Mom, dad. Can you two watch Jae Hwa for a while? He already had dinner so he shouldn’t fuss too much.” Taec said.

 

Mr. Ok nodded, turning his head towards Yoona and Taec.

 

“Sure. Are you two heading out?”

 

“For a while.” Taec said.

 

“Stay safe.” Mrs. Ok said as Yoona and Taec bowed and walked out of the house.

 

As he drove, Taec kept touching his ring box.

 

Yoona glanced at him.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

Taec looked at her and smiled.

 

“You’ll see.”

 

After a couple minutes, Taec pulled up into a parking lot and shut off the car engine. He got out and held the door open for Yoona.

Yoona stepped out and gasped. She smiled.

 

The two were standing in front of the Seoul Academy, their old high school.

 

Taec took her hand gently and led her around the campus.

 

Memories flooded back into their minds as they walked around the school. The moonlight and streetlamps illuminated their path.

 

After a while, the two sat on a bench. Taec rubbed her hand comfortingly.

 

“You know...it’s been a year since I met you.”

 

Yoona smiled.

 

“Has it already?”

 

Taec smiled as well and gently placed Yoona’s head on his shoulder.

 

“The past year has been...the best and the worst year for me.” Taec said quietly. Yoona looked at him.

 

Taec Yoona’s hair.

 

“I was happy with you...we modeled together, went to school together, prom…” He blushed. “...and we had...fun. And we were happy.” He sighed. “Then...we broke up...of course, only for a couple months...but it was the worst time of my life. I didn’t know why you left...I kept wondering if I had done something bad to you.”

 

Yoona gazed at the moon, listening to Taec’s words thoughtfully.

 

Taecyeon took a deep breath.

 

“I guess...I ran into you on accident after our break up, but I found out you were pregnant with my child. I...also found out you had heart

problems...but I was happy to have you back by my side. At the same time, I was worried for you. Luckily, nothing went wrong...and we...”

 

Taec looked at her, smiling.

 

“We are happy again, aren’t we?”

 

Yoona smiled back and nodded.

 

Taec stood up and his dry lips.

 

“What...I guess, what I’m trying to say is that we’ve been through a bunch of ups and downs...but during those bad moments and the good moments, I’ve never stopped thinking about you...and I never will.”

 

He took her hand.

 

“We...have a child now. We...are beginning another journey...together.” He knelt down on one knee. “I will stay by your side during this journey, and for the rest of eternity. So...please...stay by my side as well.” He swallowed, feeling his heart beating. “Will you...will you marry me?”

 

Yoona had tears in her eyes. She looked at her boyfriend and there was ultimate sincerity in his eyes. She shut her eyes and nodded, crying.

Taecyeon grinned. He placed the ring on her finger and pulled her into a hug.

 

Yoona rested her head on his chest as Taec wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her forehead.

 

“Thank you...thank you for accepting my proposal…”

 

Yoona looked up at him.

 

“Thank you for allowing me to come into your life…” Taec said quietly. He leaned down and kissed her on the lips.

The two stood there, staying warm in each other’s embrace. The moonlight shined down on them, guiding the young couple towards complete happiness.