Chapter Six

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Six:

 

 

It was prom night.

 

Taecyeon waited for Yoona outside her house. He was wearing a handsome suit.

 

Taemin came out first and shook hands with Taecyeon.

 

“Hey, Taec.”

 

Taecyeon grinned. “Where’s your sister?”

 

“Right here.” Yoona walked out of the house wearing a beautiful gown. She looked like a goddess and even more beautiful than usual.

 

Taecyeon grinned and took her hand. Taemin smiled.

 

“Have fun, noona.” He waved.

 

Yoona waved back. “Thanks, Taemin. Stay safe.”

 

Taemin nodded. “Alright. Bye, noona!”

 

He watched as his sister and Taecyeon walked away hand in hand and grinned.

 

“Take care of my noona, Taecyeon.”

 

Taecyeon couldn’t stop blushing. He glanced at Yoona and to his surprise, she was looking back at him. She blushed, embarrassed. He smiled.

 

“Is there something on my face?”

 

Yoona laughed.

 

“No. Is there something on mine?” She asked.

 

Taecyeon looked at her perfect face and shook his head.

 

“No. I was just admiring your beauty.” He grinned and kissed her forehead.

 

Yoona smiled, blushing even more.

 

The two walked to Taecyeon’s car and drove to prom.

 

Nickhun checked his watch. He was standing in front of the Monarch Hall, where the Seoul Academy’s prom was being held. He craned his neck.

 

“When is that a**hole Taecyeon coming?”

 

“Don’t call Taec oppa such names.” A voice from behind Khun said. He turned and saw Tiffany, his previous crush.

 

“Oh. Hey, Tiff.”

 

Tiffany frowned. “Don’t call Taec those names.” She turned and muttered, “If anyone is an a**hole, it’s that b***h who’s dating him.”

 

Nickhun looked at Tiffany. “You mean Yoona?” He crossed his arms and smirked. “Are you jealous of her?”

 

Tiffany was dumbfounded. “W-what?! Of COURSE not!”

 

She looked away while Khun leaned in close to her.

 

“Do you hold a grudge against her for going out with your crush?”

 

Tiffany stared at Nickhun.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“You do, right?”

 

Tiffany gulped and nodded.

 

“Yeah. Ok, yes! I do! I hate that Taecyeon likes her! I hate the fact they are going out! I hate the fact they are coming to prom together!” She shut her eyes, holding back tears. “I’ve liked him for so long for nothing. In the end, I’ve gotten nothing.”

 

Khun smiled. “It’s not the end yet though.”

 

Tiffany was confused. “What?”

 

“You want Taec. I want Yoona. If we don’t give up, we can have whomever we want!” He her hair. “So help me get Yoona, and I’ll help you get Taec.”

 

Tiffany thought for a moment, then slowly nodded.

 

Khun grinned.

 

“Good. We’ll start tonight...and end when we succeed.”

 

Taecyeon parked his car perfectly and stepped out. He checked his hair in the car window and went to open the door for Yoona. She stepped out bashfully.

 

“I should’ve worn something else. I feel like I look awkward.”

 

Taecyeon smiled. “You look beautiful. Come on.”

 

He held her hand and the two started towards the building. Taecyeon grinned as he watched every single guy they walked past stare in awe at Yoona. He could literally hear their mouths dropping at the perfect beauty in front of them.

 

“Be careful.” He told Yoona when they arrived at the steps leading up to the Monarch Hall’s front doors.

 

Yoona smiled.

 

Once they got up to the entrance, Taecyeon and Yoona’s smiles faded.

 

“Nickhun…” Taecyeon said.

 

Yoona looked down as Tiffany stared at her and huffed.

 

‘Well...she cleans up pretty nicely.’  Tiffany thought.

 

Nickhun smiled at Taecyeon. “Well, your date looks nice.”

 

The guys shook hands, shaking forcefully and smiling bitterly.

 

Tiffany plastered a fake smile at Yoona and held out her hand.

 

“You look AMAZING, Yoona. Have fun.”

 

Yoona bowed slightly. “Ah...thank you.”

 

The girls shook hands. Nickhun glanced at Yoona and admired her beauty from afar.

 

Taecyeon let go of Nickhun’s hand and held Yoona’s.

 

“Let’s go in now.” He said.

 

Yoona nodded.

 

Taecyeon and Yoona said goodbye to Khun and Tiffany and walked inside the hall.

 

Khun stared at Yoona while Tiffany watched Taecyeon disappear into the crowd.

 

After a moment, Khun turned to Tiffany.

 

“Ready?”

 

Tiffany took a deep breath and nodded.

 

“Ready.”

 

Taecyeon led Yoona to the dance floor and made the first move. Yoona smiled and, surprisingly, was a really good dancer. Taecyeon grinned.

When a slow song came on, Taecyeon held Yoona’s waist and she put her hand on his shoulder. Taecyeon thought his heart was going to burst.

 

Wooyoung danced with Taeyeon, much to Yoona’s surprise because she had always known her unnie as a person who didn’t care much about prom. Taeyeon was surprised, too, seeing her shy and quiet friend dancing with the most popular guy in school.

 

Junho grinned bashfully as he danced with Hyoyeon, and Jaebum moved in sync with Jessica, who was amazed at Yoona’s beauty.

 

The maknaes of the grade, Chansung and Seohyun, danced shyly towards the edge of the dance floor.

 

All of the couples were dancing happily.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany and Nickhun sat together at the back of the hall. Nickhun took a bite out of an eclair and frowned.

 

“Stupid school and their cheap catering.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“Anyways, what the hell are we going to do?” She asked. She watched Taecyeon and Yoona smiling and dancing with each other. “I can’t stand seeing those two together anymore.”

 

Nickhun set down his pastry and smirked. “I’ve got it all planned out.”

 

He held out his hand.

 

“Would you like to dance?”

 

 

Taecyeon and Yoona stopped dancing and sat down together.

 

“That was fun.” Yoona said. Taecyeon grinned and draped his arm around her shoulder.

 

Suddenly, another song came on.

 

“Ah! This song!” Taecyeon held out his hand. “Care for another dance?”

 

Yoona smiled and accepted. The two walked out onto the dance floor.

 

At the same time, Tiffany and Nickhun began dancing on the dance floor.

 

The couples danced to the song, then, just as the choreography for the song’s dance went, the couples rotated partners. Taecyeon began

dancing with Seohyun while Yoona held hands with Chansung.

 

They rotated again, and this time Taec ended up with Jessica while Yoona had Jaebum. Nickhun danced with Hyoyeon while Tiffany danced with Junho.

 

The final rotation came. Suddenly, Taecyeon found himself holding hands with Tiffany, who was smiling and blushing. Nickhun held Yoona, who was uncomfortable. She thought back to “that day” when Nickhun tried to take advantage of her.

 

“So…” Nickhun whispered into her ear. “How have you been?”

 

Taecyeon stared at Khun and Yoona and glanced uncomfortably at Tiffany.

 

‘Khun...stop enjoying my girlfriend so much.’

 

Yoona glanced at Taecyeon and Tiffany.

 

‘Taecyeon...’ She felt weird dancing with Nickhun. ‘This doesn’t feel right...it doesn’t feel right at all.’

 

The song finally came to an end. Nickhun kept holding onto Yoona’s hand. He leaned in.

 

“You’ve gotten even more attractive.”

 

He slowly inched closer to her face.

 

Suddenly, Taecyeon grasped Khun’s shoulder and shoved him away.

 

“You bastard…” Nickhun narrowed his eyes.

 

Taecyeon grabbed Yoona’s hand.

 

“Let’s go.” He glared at Nickhun. “Stay away from Yoona, Khun. She’s mine.”

 

Taecyeon led Yoona out of the hall. Tiffany tried to run after them.

 

“Taec oppa! OPPA!”

 

Khun clenched his fists.

 

‘Why…why, out of all people, does her boyfriend have to be HIM?!’