Chapter Five

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Five:

 

Nickhun drove straight to the nearest bar and bought a bottle of beer. He drank a shot and blinked back tears.

 

cUP3zizpBm9EMLSf5H1xX6N2FdW4MVY3vFdiLi_a

 

‘Taecyeon...how could you?’ He thought.

 

Nickhun drank another shot.

 

“You knew I liked her, too.” He said angrily.

 

He shook his head.

 

‘No...I can’t give up this easily. Ok Taecyeon...I thought we were friends.’

 

Nickhun smirked.

 

“But I guess I was wrong.”

 

He drank a third shot, then chugged the rest of the contents from the bottle.

 

He slammed the bottle down onto the counter.

 

‘I’ll make sure you are miserable from now on, Ok Taecyeon. You can’t take Yoona away from me...because I won’t let you.’

 

Nickhun sped back to school, wiping his tears. He gripped the steering wheel tight.

 

“Ok Taecyeon...I’m going to teach you a lesson…”

 

Before long, he made it back to the Seoul Academy for the Gifted and Talented.

 

Nickhun stepped out of his car.

 

“Let’s do this.”

 

At lunch, Taecyeon made an excuse to the guys about not eating with them.

 

“I, uh, have to go do something important.” He said.

 

Junsu smirked. “Yeah, right. You’re going to eat with YOONA, right?”

 

Junho grinned. “Isn’t it obvious?”

 

Chansung waved him away. “Well then, go eat with your lover. BUT, you have to buy us drinks after prom next week!”

 

“Us AND our girlfriends!” Wooyoung added.

 

Taecyeon whipped around.

 

“You guys asked girls out to prom?!”

 

They all nodded.

 

“Yeah, dude! I got the prettiest out of the bunch, TAEYEON! Oh, she is TOO cute!” Wooyoung said dreamily.

 

“I’ve got a date with Jessica Jung!” Jaebum grinned.

 

“HYO, HYO ALL THE WAY!” Junho blushed.

 

Chansung smiled. “I’m going with this girl named Seohyun. I’ve, uh, had a crush on her since forever.”

 

Junsu shrugged. “I’m not going to prom. I have to go to the US for an internship soon so it wouldn’t do much good if I get a girlfriend right now.”

 

He grinned. “But I’ll still come for drinks!”

 

Taecyeon smiled. “That’s great! You guys can meet Yoona in person then!”

 

Junsu looked around. “But...where’s Nickhun?”

 

Taecyeon looked down.

 

“Right here.”

 

Everyone turned. Nickhun walked up to the group. He glared at Taecyeon but smiled.

 

“I’m not going to prom.”

 

Wooyoung’s mouth dropped.

 

“But...you’ve been talking about your date for...forever!”

 

“Did she...dump you? Reject?” Junho asked, smirking.

 

“Nah. I found out that she’s, uh, already taken.” Nickhun stared at Taecyeon.

 

Nickhun waved.

 

“Well, I gotta go somewhere. See you guys later.”

 

As he left, he nudged Taecyeon in the shoulder.

 

Taecyeon turned.

 

“Khun, wait!”

 

The other guys stared.

 

“Did they...fight?” Junsu asked.

 

Junho shrugged. “I don’t know…but I hope they're both okay.”

 

“Nickhun!” Taecyeon ran up to his friend. “Khun!”

 

Nickhun walked down a quiet alley near the school. Finally, he stopped. He turned and Taecyeon saw anger in Nickhun’s eyes.

 

“You…” Nickhun muttered. “I thought you were my FRIEND!”

 

Taecyeon bit his lip.

 

“Nickhun, if this is about Yoona...you knew I liked her.”

 

“YOU KNEW I LIKED HER, TOO!” Nickhun yelled. “YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME AT LEAST THAT YOU WERE GOING TO ASK HER OUT!”

 

“Were you going to tell ME if you asked her out?!” Taecyeon argued. “I admit, I was wrong for not telling you...but what have you done for Yoona? I’ve been there for her when she was sad. I helped her. I laughed with her, cried with her, smiled with her...I wanted to tell her that I liked her, no, that I LOVED her FOUR months ago but I waited so we could get closer!”

 

Taecyeon narrowed his eyes at Nickhun.

 

“But what have YOU done for Yoona? All you’ve done is stand back and watch her, admiring her beauty. You’ve done NOTHING for her!”

 

Nickhun looked at the ground.

 

“So what if I’ve done nothing. I’ve loved her with all my heart.”

 

Taecyeon shook his head. “That’s not love. That’s not TRUE love.”

 

“Let go of Yoona. I want her to be mine. If you were a true friend, then you would break up with her. Right now.” Nickhun demanded angrily.

 

Taecyeon clenched his fists. “No. If you were a true friend, you would respect my love for Yoona. You wouldn’t tell me to break up with my dream girl.”

 

Nickhun smirked. “Then I guess we’re not friends.”

 

“I guess we aren’t.” Taecyeon said.

 

The two glared at each other.

 

Finally, Taecyeon turned to leave.

 

“Taecyeon.” Nickhun said as he turned. “Just remember this: I will NEVER leave you and your stupid relationship with Yoona in peace. I’ll destroy it in a matter of seconds.”

 

Nickhun shook his head. “Because I don’t care anymore. I don’t need to limit myself anymore because you are...no….because you WERE my friend.”

 

Taecyeon shut his eyes and walked out of the alley.

 

The next day, it was raining after school. Yoona stepped outside and saw the dark gray clouds in the sky. She sighed.

“Another rainy day.”

 

Suddenly, someone handed her a sky blue umbrella. She turned and saw Nickhun.

 

Nickhun smiled and gestured at the sky.

 

“You can’t walk home in this storm.”

 

Yoona bowed. “Ah, thank you…but, I’m waiting for someone.”

 

Nickhun raised an eyebrow.

 

“Really? Who?”

 

“My boy---” She blushed. “Ah, I mean, my friend.”

 

Nickhun nodded and took the umbrella back.

 

“Okay.” He glanced around. “Where’s your friend?”

 

“He won’t be out for about fifteen more minutes. He has a club or something.” Yoona explained.

 

‘That’s Taecyeon alright.’ Nickhun thought. ‘He’s in the middle of an Athletics Club meeting.’

 

Nickhun checked his watch and looked back up at Yoona.

 

“Then, can you help me with something real quick?”

 

Yoona looked at him curiously.

 

“What do you need my help on?”

 

“I need to move some, uh, boxes in the art room.”

 

Yoona nodded slowly.

 

She followed Nickhun into the art room.

 

Nickhun secretly locked the door behind him.

 

“Which boxes do we move?” Yoona asked.

 

Nickhun laughed. “You’re so gullible, Yoona.”

 

Yoona turned. “W-what?”

 

Nickhun stepped closer and stopped two feet away from her.

 

“I need you to do something for me.”

 

Yoona leaned back and realized she was leaning on a wall. “Umm…”

 

“Break up with Taecyeon.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“I SAID...end it with Taecyeon. You’re only going to be a burden to him.” Nickhun said forcefully. He grabbed Yoona’s waist tight and leaned in three inches away from her face.

 

“Do you understand? Come to me. Date me. I’ll treat you better than that jerk.”

 

Yoona shut her eyes, scared.

 

“I-I’m sorry...but I can’t.”

 

Nickhun narrowed his eyes.

 

“What?”

 

“I...I love Taecyeon. He is there for me when I need him….and I’ll be there for him.”

 

Nickhun grabbed Yoona tighter and pinned her against the wall.

 

“Well, he’s not here now, is he?”

 

With that, Nickhun planted his lips onto Yoona’s and began kissing her forcefully. He moved aggressively.

 

Yoona tried to cry out.

 

She struggled against Nickhun, who was enjoying her body. He kissed her more and more, hurting her.

 

 

Meanwhile, Taecyeon walked down the hall, reading the files from the Athletics Club meeting.

 

He passed the art room when he remembered that he had left his bookbag in there. He tried to open the door to the art room but it was locked.

 

“What the heck?” Taecyeon knocked. “Hello? Anyone in there?”

 

Nickhun clasped a hand over Yoona’s mouth. He turned and realized Taecyeon was outside.

 

‘What the hell is he doing here?’

 

Yoona cried out again.

 

Taecyeon heard her voice and panicked.

 

“Y-Yoona!”

 

Nickhun glared at Yoona and clasped even tighter.

 

Taecyeon punched the doorknob, making it fall off.

 

He burst through the door and saw Nickhun and Yoona. Yoona was struggling under Nickhun’s hand.

 

Taecyeon punched Nickhun and ran to Yoona.

 

“Yoona!” He saw blood on her lips and saw her shirt was partly ripped. He realized what had happened and burned with rage.

 

Taecyeon turned and punched Nickhun again.

 

“You a**hole!” Taecyeon raged. “How dare you abuse Yoona like that?!”

 

Taecyeon helped Yoona up.

 

“Come on.”

 

He looked at her crying silently and wiped her tears. “It’s okay. I’m here.”

 

Taecyeon helped Yoona out of the room.

 

Nickhun slowly got up from the floor. He spat out blood but smiled. He thought back to kissing Yoona and touching her.

 

“That was the best experience of my life.”

 

 

Taecyeon took Yoona to an empty classroom and examined her.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

 

Yoona was pale and her lip was still bleeding. Taecyeon got a tissue and wiped the blood. Then he hugged her tight.

 

“It’s okay. I’m here.”

 

“Taecyeon…” Yoona said quietly, crying.

 

Taecyeon kissed her forehead.

 

“It’s alright. I’m here for you.”

 

He looked out the window and glared.

 

Nickhun...what the hell is wrong with you?!’