Chapter Nineteen

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Nineteen:

 

Taeyeon held Yoona’s hand as she pushed.

 

“Unnie...Taecyeon oppa...oppa...where is he?” Yoona cried.

 

Taeyeon bit her lip.

 

“He’s coming, Yoona. Don’t worry...just...push!”

 

Tiffany waited outside the room with Taemin, fidgeting with her phone. Taemin groaned.

 

“Ah….noona must be in so much pain…” He cried.

 

Tiffany rubbed his back.

 

Suddenly, Taecyeon and Khun appeared in front of them.

 

“Hyung!” Taemin said.

 

“Khun oppa! Taec…” Tiffany pointed to the room. Taec pushed the door open while Khun planted a kiss on Tiffany’s forehead.

 

“I’ll wait out here with you.” He said as Taec hurried into the hospital room. Taemin stared.

 

“Noona….”

 

“Yoona!” Taecyeon ran up to her and held her hand.

 

“Oppa….” Yoona cried.”It hurts…”

 

Taecyeon rubbed her hand.

 

“It’s okay...you’re doing great…”

 

Taec felt his heart tear apart at the sound of Yoona’s cries.
 

‘I’m so sorry, Yoona...watching you in pain and not being able to do anything...I’m so sorry...’

 

 

(A few hours later)
 

“It’s a boy!” The doctor announced.

 

The baby’s cries filled the room.

 

Taecyeon kissed Yoona.

 

“Yoona...you did it!” He kissed her again. “You did it.”

 

Taeyeon squealed.

 

“So cute!”

 

Taemin grinned.

 

“I-I’m an uncle now.”

 

Yoona smiled, worn out.

 

The doctors took the baby out of the room for evaluation. Tiffany and Khun hurried into the room.

 

“Yoona!” Tiffany ran over. Taec stared.

 

“You two...are friends now?”
 

Tiff nodded, not looking at him. Khun stood in the back, watching Yoona from afar.

 

Yoona smiled lightly.

 

“Yeah...we’re friends…” Her eyes closed.

 

Taeyeon smiled.

 

“We should let her rest.”

 

“Yeah.” Tiff agreed.

 

Taecyeon leaned and kissed Yoona on the forehead.

 

“Get some sleep…”

 

Taeyeon laid her head down on the bed next to Yoona.

 

“Ah...I’m tired, too…”

 

 

Yoona slept peacefully, worn out. Taeyeon snored with her head down next to Yoona. Tiffany and Khun had gone out for a while. Taecyeon sat in

a chair by Yoona’s bedside, holding her hand. He smiled as he watched Yoona sleep. Taemin sat off to the side, listening to music and sleeping.

 

The door opened and Donghae stepped inside holding the baby in a blanket.

 

“Are you the dad?” Donghae asked.

 

Taec nodded.

 

Donghae gently handed the baby to him.

 

‘So this is the lucky guy who receives Yoona’s love...’

 

Donghae glanced at Yoona and sighed. He wished he could be the one sitting by her bedside, holding her hand and comforting her.

 

Donghae patted Taec’s back. Taec turned.

 

“Take care of Yoona...and your baby. Congrats.” He smiled.

 

Taecyeon smiled back.

 

“Thank you. I will.”

 

Donghae stared as Taec gazed at the baby boy with eyes full of fatherly love. Then Donghae turned and left the room, gently shutting the door.

 

‘Yoona...I am glad you are with such a loving man...’ Donghae took a deep breath. ‘...but at the same time, I...am sad to leave your side...’

 

 

Taecyeon looked at the child. His child.

 

Just then, Yoona woke up.

 

“O-oppa…?”

 

Taecyeon turned and sat in his chair, holding the baby. He smiled.

 

“Yoona…” He gently handed her the baby. Yoona gazed at the child with adoring eyes.

 

“He’s beautiful…” She kissed the baby’s forehead.

 

Taecyeon watched Yoona showering the baby with motherly love and grinned.

 

“You’re going to start paying more attention to him than me now, aren’t you?” He said teasingly. Yoona laughed softly.

 

“Possibly.”

 

Taec smiled and kissed her.

 

“Thank you for going through so much for our child.” He told her.

 

Yoona smiled.

 

“Thank you for giving my a precious gift.”

 

The two stared at the baby, amazed at the fact that he was their child.

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon woke up. She saw the bundle in Yoona’s arms and gasped.

 

“Oh my gosh! The baby…” Yoona smiled as Taeyeon gazed at the baby. “He’s beautiful!”

 

“Thanks, unnie.”

 

Taeyeon nudged her.

 

“He takes after you well.”

 

Taec grinned.

 

“So...what are you guys going to name him?” Taeyeon asked, curious.

 

Taecyeon and Yoona thought.

 

“Jae Hwa…” Yoona said quietly.

 

Taec turned.

 

“Jae Hwa? Is that what you want to call him?”

 

“The name just suddenly popped into my head…”

 

Taeyeon thought.

 

“Jae Hwa means ‘rich and prosperous’. It’s a good name.”

 

Taec nodded.

 

“I like it.”

 

He looked at his son.

 

“Ok Jae Hwa.” He smiled. Yoona smiled as well.

 

“I still can’t believe he’s mine…” Taecyeon whispered.

 

Yoona nodded.

 

Taeyeon stared at Jae Hwa. Then at Taecyeon. Then at Yoona.

 

“Aiyoo...such a beautiful family.” She grinned.

 

“Unnie…” Yoona giggled. Then she stopped and coughed.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Yoona took a deep breath.

 

“Y-yeah...my chest…”

 

Taec bit his lip.

 

“You have to have your heart surgery soon too…” He sighed.

 

Yoona smiled weakly.

 

“I’m fine. I’m almost done with treatment now, too.”

 

Taemin woke up just then and grinned.

 

“Noona! You’re awake!”

 

Yoona nodded but gestured for him to lower his voice.

 

“The baby...Jae Hwa is sleeping.”

 

Taemin hurried over and whispered, “Is that his name? He’s so cute" He looked at Yoona. "Are you feeling okay, noona? You were in a lot of pain earlier..."

 

Yoona smiled. "I'm okay."

 

Suddenly, the door opened. Mr. and Mrs. Ok stepped inside, followed by Khun and Tiffany.

 

“F-father! Mother!” Taecyeon stood.

 

Yoona held Jae Hwa and looked up.

 

‘Father? Mother?’

 

Taeyeon gasped and stood. She bowed as Taemin scrambled up and bowed as well.

 

Mr. Ok stared at Taecyeon.

 

“Dad...how did you…”

 

Mr. Ok gestured to Khun, who was looking down.

 

“I managed to get a hold of your friend and he told me where you were. I was looking for you!”

 

Mrs. Ok looked at Yoona holding the bundle.

 

‘She’s quite beautiful...’

 

Taecyeon took a deep breath. He turned towards Yoona and forced a smile.

 

“My parents…”

 

Yoona bowed her head slightly.

 

“A-ah...nice to meet you. My name is Im Yoona.”

 

Mrs. Ok rushed over and smiled.

 

“Oh my goodness, you must’ve been in so much pain! Are you feeling okay? You must be tired after giving birth…”

 

“M-mom…” Taecyeon was surprised at his mother’s concern for Yoona.

 

“Ah...yes, I feel better than before now.” Yoona said.

 

Mrs. Ok looked at her grandchild.

 

“Aigoo...such a beautiful child…” She turned to Yoona. “Thank you for going through so much...thank you…”

 

Taec stared.

 

Mr. Ok cleared his throat.

 

“I realized...no...your mother helped me realize what you are going through.” He sighed. “Whether it is for a business matter or not, you should

get married and live with the one you love…which I presume is the one who had your child.”

 

He patted his son’s back.

 

“I...am sorry for being so inconsiderate. I was only thinking about the company...and not your feelings.”

 

“Father…” He bowed. “Thank you, thank you!”

 

Mr. Ok had the slightest smile on his face. He gestured towards Yoona and the baby.

 

“Now take care of your girlfriend...and your child. Make me a proud grandparent.”

 

Taecyeon grinned.

 

“I will. I will.”

 

For the next half hour or so, Taecyeon’s family, Tiffany, Khun, Taeyeon, Taemin, and, of course, Taecyeon spent time with Yoona and Jae Hwa.

 

Taecyeon saw a side of his father that he had never seen before: a gentle, caring, loving nature.

 

Mrs. Ok congratulated Taemin on becoming an uncle and complimented Taeyeon on her work at the Mocha House. She promised to stop by often.  

 

Tiffany and Khun had a chance to hold the baby. Tiffany smiled as she held Jae Hwa. Khun suddenly longed for a child of his own. He looked at Tiffany and knew that she was thinking the same thing.

 

Shyly, Yoona fed Jae Hwa for the first time. She looked at her son and smiled.

 

After Jae Hwa was fed, Mr. Ok held his newborn grandchild and gazed at Jae Hwa with pride in his old eyes.

 

“This child...my grandchild is so beautiful…” He said quietly. Mr. Ok smiled at Yoona. “You worked hard to have this child. Thank you.”

 

Yoona smiled back, leaning on her pillow. She was tired and slowly felt herself falling asleep.

 

A few minutes later, Taecyeon noticed Yoona sleeping and gestured for everyone to be quiet.

 

Mrs. Ok smiled watching Yoona sleep.

 

“She looks JUST like I did back in the day.”

 

Mr. Ok rolled his eyes as he handed Taec the baby.

 

“Oh, please.”

 

Taecyeon grinned and gently placed his son in the incubator, kissing his forehead.

 

Taeyeon sighed happily.

 

“I should head out first. My family is waiting for me.” She bowed. “Goodnight. It was nice meeting you, Mr. and Mrs. Ok.” She patted Taemin’s

back. “Let’s go, let’s go. I’ll take you home.”

 

Taemin nodded and bowed as he and Taeyeon left the room.

 

Tiffany and Khun left shortly after.

 

Soon, the Ok family, Yoona, and the baby were the only ones in the room.

 

“Yoona…looks like an angel…” Mrs. Ok said quietly, Yoona’s hair gently.

 

Taec smiled.

 

“She is an angel.”

 

Mr. Ok looked at his son.

 

“Are you going to marry her?”

 

Taec stared.

 

“You should marry her. After all, you two have a child.” Mr. Ok said. He stood.

 

“Ah...well, me and your mother are going to leave now.” He looked at Taec. “Marry her. I give you two my blessing, so marry.”

 

Mrs. Ok smiled as she stood.

 

“Think about it Taecyeon.”

 

The grandparents left the room, leaving Taecyeon to think about the future.