Chapter Thirty

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Thirty:

 

"D-Donghae?" Yoona stammered.

Taecyeon leaned forward, wondering who "Donghae" was. The name sounded familiar for some reason.

"Yoona...do...you remember me?" Donghae asked on the other end.

Yoona paused and thought back to the warm hearted doctor who had taken care of her when she was pregnant.

"Ah...yes. You were my doctor..." She said.

"He was your doctor?" Taec asked Yoona.

Yoona nodded.

Taecyeon thought.

'Why is he calling her if he USED to be her doctor?'

 

Donghae stood at the mall using the payphone.

The second he heard Yoona's voice, his heart started beating rapidly. He had an urge to find her, hold her, and make her his girlfriend...make her his wife. He wanted to see her more than ever.

"Yoona..." He said quietly.

Donghae's mind raced. He needed a way lure Yoona to him. He needed her.

"Donghae...w-why are you calling me right now?" Yoona asked on the other end.

Donghae took a deep breath.

"Because..." He looked at the floor. "I have to tell you something."

Yoona was confused.

"Tell me something? But..."

"It's about Jae Hwa!" Donghae cut in.

There was a pause on the other end.

"W-what?" Yoona asked. "What is it about Jae Hwa?"

 

Taecyeon stared at Yoona.

"Jae Hwa?" He asked. Yoona had a look of fear in her eyes.

"Donghae..." She said. "Donghae...tell me...is something wrong with Jae Hwa? What is it?"

On the other end, Donghae clutched the payphone.

"Yoona..." He said quietly.

Donghae shut his eyes and forced the words out of his mouth. He couldn't bear lying to Yoona, but it seemed to be the only way to bring her to him.

"Your son...Jae Hwa...has been diagnosed with leukimia."

Yoona was frozen.

"W-what?"

 

Donghae his lips.

"I-I just happened to see one of the health reports from the last time Jae Hwa had a checkup and blood test...and the result for the leukimia scan was positive." He added, "I was worried, and wondered if you knew about it yet."

Yoona felt like her heart had stopped.

"L-leukimia?" She said.

 

Taec stared.

"Yoona...what...what is it?" He said. Yoona had tears in her eyes.

She spoke into the phone.

"Donghae...don't lie...don't l-"

"I'm not lying." Donghae cut in again. "I think you should...you should come visit my office soon. I will...I will tell you more about the diagnosis."

Yoona stood up right away.

"Donghae...I'm coming right now. Right now." She hung up and grabbed her bag.

Taec stood, holding Jae Hwa.

"Yoona, what is it? What's happening?"

Yoona was on the verge of crying.

"Oppa...oppa...our son...diagnosis...leukimia...hospital..." She stuttered in between sobs. "I-I have to...see the doctor...I have to know what to do."

She turned and hurried out of the house.

Taecyeon felt his face turn pale.

His son...was diagnosed with cancer?

"Lie...it has to be a lie..." Taec said to himself. He looked down at Jay, who was sleeping soundly in his strong arms.

'This can't be real....can it?'

 

"I'm coming...right now. Right now." Yoona said and hung up.

Donghae's eyes widened. He hung up the payphone and ran out of the mall. He rushed to his car and started the engine.

Yoona had fallen for his lie...she was coming to the hospital.

Donghae slammed down on the pedal and drove to the Seoul Medical Center.

'Yoona...I'm sorry for lying to you like this...'

 

Taeyeon waited outside her apartment, waiting for Baekhyun.

Suddenly, a pearl white Tesla car drove up to where she was standing and stopped.

Baekhyun got out of the car and walked up to her, grinning.

"Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon felt a bit embarrassed seeing Baek after confessing that she liked him back, but smiled.

"Hi, Baek." She said bashfully.

Baek smiled and wrapped her in a gentle hug, surprising Taeyeon.

"Ah...I thought I would never see you like this again after you ran off that night I confessed." Baek said.

Taeyeon smiled.

"So...I guess we're officially boyfriend-girlfriend now." Baek said. Taeyeon stared up at him.

"What?"

Baek smirked.

"Well, I mean, we both confessed we like each other and-"

"T-Taeyeon?!" A voice said from behind them.

Taeyeon and Baekhyun turned.

Taeyeon gasped.

"W-Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung stared at Taeyeon hugging another guy.

Taeyeon stared and let go of Baek.

She had had a crush on Wooyoung in high school and had gone to prom with him. But after graduation, she had never gotten in contact with him and almost forgot about him.

It was a different story for Wooyoung.

Taeyeon had been on his mind ever since he had gone off to the army after graduation. She was the one girl on his mind.

But now...seeing her hugging another man...seeing her smiling up at another guy...it made his heart fill with jealousy.

 

Baekhyun stared at the guy who had called Taeyeon's name.

Taeyeon stared at the man.

"W-Wooyoung?"

Baek looked at Taeyeon.

"You know him?"

Taeyeon didn't answer.

The guy approached them, glancing at Baek.

Taeyeon looked down, seeming embarrassed.

Baek took a deep breath and stuck out his hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Baekhyun." He said.

"What's up? My name's Wooyoung." The other guy said, shaking his hand.

Wooyoung had an unusually firm grip, and there was an unusual look in his sharp eyes.

It was a look that Baekhyun recognized as jealousy.

 

Nickhun hurried into his father's office.

He bowed once he entered.

Mr. Horvejkul looked up at him.

"Ah, Nickhun. Did you finish the interviews?"

Khun nodded.

He handed him Victoria's resume.

"I, uh, thought that she would be the best for the translator job. She is very intelligent." Khun said.

His father nodded.

"Alright. I will consider your choice."

Khun bowed again and left the office.

For some reason, he wished that Victoria would get the job.

He thought about Victoria's personality and smiling face, and he smirked.

Nickhun began walking down the hall when his phone rang.

"Hello?" He said.

"OPPA!!!!!!!!!" Tiffany's loud voice shouted on the other end. Khun immediately smiled.

"Hey, Tiff."

"Oppa...I miss you so much." Tiffany said. "I can't even go to bed lately because I'm so worried about you."

Nickhun laughed.

"I'm fine. Perfectly healthy and happy. You don't have to worry about me."

Tiffany huffed.

"I'm not just worried about your health. I worried that you're going to cheat on me."

Khun smiled.

"Don't worry about that either. You're the only one I think of, Tiff."

His smile faltered as he realized that, just a second ago, he was thinking about Victoria.

On the other end, Tiffany laughed.

"That's good." She said.

Khun took a deep breath.

"Uh, Tiff? I'm, uh, kinda busy right now. I'll hang up now, okay?"

Tiffany sighed.

"Alright, alright. Hwaiting, oppa!"

Khun smiled and hung up.

 

(In Seoul)

Tiffany hung up her cell phone and set it down on her desk.

She opened her drawer and smiled.

From inside the drawer, Tiffany pulled out an airline ticket.

"Ah...Khun oppa is going to be so surprised when I show up in Los Angeles in a few days."

She grinned at the happy thought of seeing her boyfriend after so long.

 

Seung Gi stared at the file in his hand, the name "Im Yoona" written on it.

"Why...why does Donghae have this?" He said.

He wondered why his friend had the file of the girl he had feelings for.

Suddenly, the door to Donghae's office flew open.

Seung Gi turned and standing in the doorway was none other than Im Yoona.

Her face was pale and she looked frantic.

"Doctor..." She ran up to him. Her eyes were watery. "Where's Donghae...Doctor Lee Donghae?"

Seung Gi stared.

"Donghae...he needs to tell me what's wrong with Jae Hwa..." She cried.

"Donghae?" Seung Gi asked. "D-Donghae isn't here right now. He already left, I think."

Yoona stared at him.

"W-what?"

Seung Gi stared at Yoona. She was the woman he wanted so badly...

"Yoona!" A voice yelled.

Donghae ran into the room. He stared at Seung Gi.

"S-Seung Gi...what are you doing in my office?" Donghae asked.

Seung Gi blinked.

"I...thought you left..."

Yoona turned to Donghae and grabbed his arm. All of a sudden, Seung Gi felt jealous.

"Donghae...can you tell me what happened to Jae Hwa? How could he be-"

Suddenly, Donghae interrupted.

"That was a lie. Jae Hwa...is perfectly healthy." He said, looking at the floor.

Yoona stared.

"W-what?" She said quietly. "B-but...you told me..."

"That was a lie." Donghae said. "I just said that...so you could come here. I said it...so I could see you again."

Seung Gi suddenly remembered what Donghae had said.

'I...also have feelings for a married woman...'

Seung Gi stared at Donghae, his eyes fixed on Yoona.

"Could...could it be..." Seung Gi stammered.

Donghae took a deep breath.

"Yoona...I know you are married and have a child...but I feel like I should still tell you my true feelings." He said. "I...like you. I have feelings for you."

Seung Gi couldn't believe his ears.

"That's why you lied to me? You lied to me and told me that Jae Hwa had a deadly disease just so I could come here and listen to you tell me that?" Yoona said, her eyes filled with tears. She shook her head. "That's not right. I thought...I thought you were different..I didn't know you were this type of man."

Donghae stared.

"Yoona...it was the only way I could-"

Yoona turned.

"I don't care. How could you lie like that?"

She was about to leave the room when suddenly, Donghae grabbed her arm.

Yoona turned and struggled to free herself from his grasp.

"Let go! Let go of me!"

Donghae shook his head.

"No." He said. He held tight to Yoona's arm. "I won't ever let go of you. You...you are the one I love."

Donghae tugged on Yoona's arm and wrapped her into a tight hug.

Seung Gi stared, fuming.

Yoona tried to move but couldn't.

"Donghae...Donghae!" She shouted.

Suddenly, Seung Gi punched Donghae in the head.

"Let go of her!" He yelled.

He kicked his leg into Donghae's back and grabbed Yoona.

Donghae fell to the floor. He groaned and stared at Seung Gi, who was holding Yoona's arm.

"Seung Gi...how could you..."

Seung Gi glared at him while Yoona stared at Seung Gi.

"Donghae...Yoona...she doesn't have any feelings at all for you." Seung Gi said. "Give up."

Donghae glared at Seung Gi.

"Seung Gi...you said that you would help me get the one I love...we promised we would help each other!"

"How can I help you if you have feelings for the same girl as I do?!" Seung Gi yelled. Yoona blinked.

Donghae looked at Seung Gi.

"What?" He whispered.

Seung Gi turned to Yoona. He glanced at his hand holding her arm.

"Let's go." He said.

Yoona stared.

"W-what? I-I can go home by myse-"

"I'm not taking you home." Seung Gi interrupted. He led her out of the hospital and out to the parking lot, Yoona struggling to break free from him.

Seung Gi glanced at Yoona and smirked.

"Just because I took you away from Donghae's grasp doesn't mean that I'm going to let go."

With that, he forced her into his car and got in, locking the doors before taking off.

------------------------------------------------------

HOORAY, HOORAY!
I UPDATED! :D

So, yeah. I've been super busy lately, so i haven't been updating as frequently. TT 

I will try my best to update soon!

Thanks everyone who subscribes and comments and gives me feedback! :D

This chapter had a lot going on! >:D (I apologize if the whole "Donghae lied about jaehwa having cancer to bring Yoona to him" scheme confusedsome of you readers qq)

Anyways, look forward to some dramatic moments in the next one! :D