Chapter Twenty Five

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Twenty Five:

In the weeks following Mr. Ok's funeral, Taecyeon had gotten more and more quiet. He spent more time at the company than at home, and barely spoke at all. He was suffering from depression and stress.

Yoona was worried for her husband and tried to soothe him but her effort barely did anything. She was not used to this side of Taecyeon. She had known her husband to be a gentle, loving man.

It was rainy morning when Taec's now cold nature took a turn for the worst.

Yoona had gotten up an hour earlier than usual to fix up a nice breakfast for Taecyeon. She cooked the foods Taecyeon liked and laid them out on pretty platters and set it on the dining table.

Mrs. Ok came out of her room in a nightgown and yawned.

"Good morning, Yoona."

She glanced at the food.

"Did you make all this?"

Yoona nodded.

"Taecyeon isn't eating very well these days so I wanted to make him a nice breakfast today."

Mrs. Ok smiled for the first time in forever.

"You're such a wonderful wife and daughter-in-law."

Yoona pulled out a chair for Mrs. Ok.

"You should eat, Mother-in-law. Your appetite has been low these days as well."

Mrs. Ok nodded.

"I will, but first, I will go take my morning shower." She turned and walked back to her room.

Yoona scooped some rice into a bowl just as Taecyeon walked down the stairs. He had a blank expression on his face as he sat at the table.

"What's all this?" He asked coldly.

Yoona placed the rice in front of him.

"I made breakfast for you. I thought you weren't eating well lately so-"

"You didn't have to." Taec interrupted. "I could pick something up on the way to the company."

"But-"

Taec stood. He checked his watch.

"I'm going to be late."

He started walking towards the front door, when Yoona grabbed his arm.

"Taecyeon..." She said. Taec stopped.

"You're going to leave? Just like that?" Yoona was a bit disappointed Taecyeon hadn't even acknowledged her efforts to make him a nice breakfast. "You haven't eaten...and you haven't even seen Jae Hwa this morning."

Taecyeon sighed.

"I saw Jae Hwa on my way down. And I already said that I would pick up something to eat on the way to work."

Taecyeon pulled his arm away from Yoona.

Yoona stared.

"Taecyeon..." She looked at him. "Why...how could you have changed so much in such a short time?"

Taec turned.

"What?"

He stared at Yoona's sad face.

She looked down.

"I...you're not the man I used to know. You're not the gentle, happy Taecyeon I've known for so long."

Taec glared.

"Do you think I can be happy? My FATHER died! My only father...gone."

"But you should accept the fact that your father has passed on. He's in a happier place now and-"

"What? Accept the fact?" Taec stepped closer to her. "How could you say that so bluntly? What do you know about losing a parent? WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!"

Yoona stared.

She couldn't believe Taec had forgotten everything she had told him when they were in high school: that her mother had passed, that her father had passed, that she and Taemin had lived by themselves since the beginning of high school.

Yoona shut her eyes.

"I know more than you know about the subject of 'death'." Yoona said quietly.

Taec breathed hard.

"What?" He scoffed and glared. "And what was that about me not being gentle? I'm not the 'gentle, happy' man you used to know?" Taec stared into her eyes. "Fine. I won't be a gentleman. I don't care anymore."

With that, Taecyeon, being on his last nerve, shoved Yoona to the wall.

"I don't need your breakfast. I don't even know why I stopped to listen to your useless talk." Taec muttered. He put on his shoes and walked outside, slamming the door.

Yoona collapsed next to the wall and leaned against it, crying.

Hearing the commotion, Mrs. Ok dashed out of her room. She saw Yoona sobbing and rushed over.

"Yoona? Are you okay? What happened?'

Yoona trembled. Her face was pale and she looked scared.

"Taecyeon...T-Taecyeon..."

Yoona cried.

Mrs. Ok pulled her into a gentle hug.

"Poor dear..." She shut her eyes.

'Taecyeon...how could you treat your wife like this? She is going through so much because of you...'

 

Taeyeon was laying in her hospital bed. She was still in the hospital after all this time, being treated for severe shock and trauma. Because of being in a slight coma, her legs were a bit weak, and she would have trouble walking for a while. She glanced out the window at the rain pouring down on Seoul.

She longed to go outside.

Slowly, she got up from her pillow. She carefully moved her body so it was positioned on the side of the bed, and stepped onto the floor. Leaning on the wall, she carefully made her way to the window.

Seoul looked so beautiful, even on a cloudy day. Taeyeon smiled. Then her eyes settled on the small street near City Hall where the burnt former Mocha House was. She sighed thinking about that dreadful day.

Taeyeon suddenly remembered the firefighter that had helped her that day. His eyes...those handsome eyes that were full of sincerity and concern for her...

Someone knocked on the door. Taeyeon turned and accidentally bumped into an armchair. She fell to the floor.

"Ow..."

The door opened and someone hurried in.

"Are you okay?" A deep, familiar, husky voice asked. Taeyeon looked up and saw none other than the firefighter from the day of the accident, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun helped her up and led her to her bed.

"W-what are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked, flustered. Baekhyun appeared a bit shy.

"U-uh...well..." He blushed. "After you were taken to the hospital that day, I couldn't stop worrying. You kept popping up in my mind. I'm sorry I didn't come any earlier, but I...wanted to see you again..."

He handed her a bouquet of flowers, his cheeks red. Taeyeon stared.

"T-thank you."

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. He cleared his throat.

"By the way, I don't think I introduced myself properly." He bowed his head slightly. "My name is Byun Baekhyun." He held out his hand. Taeyeon shook it.

"M-my name is Kim Taeyeon."

Baekhyun nodded.

"I know. I remember it from listening to the radio."

Taeyeon looked at him.

"O-oh."

For a slight second, Baekhyun and Taeyeon stared at each other. Then Taeyeon averted her eyes.

"Ah...anyways...thank you again for the flowers." She said. Baekhyun nodded.

"No problem. I hope you feel better. And, uh..." He scratched his neck. "I may drop by again later...just because...well, because..." His cheeks turned red. Taeyeon smiled, blushing.

"You can come by if you want later." Taeyeon glanced at him. "It's kinda lonely being here alone."

Baekhyun grinned.

"Alright. Thanks." He gestured towards the door. "I, uh, will leave for now."

Taeyeon nodded and bowed her head slightly.

"Ok. Bye...and it was nice...to see you again." She blushed.

Baekhyun blushed and nodded.

"You too."

He turned and opened the door, shutting it gently.

Taeyeon looked at the bouquet of flowers, smiling slightly. Her cheeks were warm and red.

She the flower petals, happy.

"How did he manage to remember me after all this time?"

 

Tiffany was helping Khun with his luggage. The two walked into the airport and towards the first-class ticketing area.

Tiffany sniffled.

"Do you have to go to America?"

Khun smiled.

"Unfortunately, yes. Business is business." He pulled Tiff into a hug. "But I'll call you everyday."

Tiffany snuggled into his strong chest.

"You better. Don't forget about me."

Khun smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry."

He let go of her and grabbed his suitcase.

"I better go now, before I miss my flight." He kissed Tiffany one more time. "I love you."

Tiffany smiled, wiping her eyes.

"I love you too, oppa." She said.

Nickhun waved and turned, walking into the terminal.

 

Taecyeon sat in his office, leaning back in his chair. He thought back to the morning, when he had shoved Yoona and hurt her with his mindless words.

He shut his eyes.

"Why did I say such stupid things? How could I have forgotten that her parents are..." Taec groaned.

He gazed out the window at the clouds, which were finally starting to part after hours of nonstop rain.

'How could I have hurt the one I love most...?'

----------------------------------------------------

I hope this chapter was a bit better than the previous one! I added in a Taeyeon/Baekhyun moment, a Khunfany moment, and a TaecYoon moment (although it was pretty sad T^T)

Taecyeon was acting pretty bad (ok, he was acting completely TERRIBLE) in this chap towards yoona (T^T), and khun is leaving tiffany for a few months to go to the usa (i wonder how their long distance relationship will work out >;)). Taeyeon and baek finally meet after a long time and have feelings for each other :0 (surprise, surprise)

what will happen to this trio of couples (and little Jae Hwa)? >;)

 :D

I will update soon!

On a quick side note , the entire time i wrote this chap, i listened to sm the ballad breath <3 because feeeeeeeeeelllllllllsssssssss