Chapter Four

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Four:

 

As the months passed by and the end of the school year drew near, Taecyeon got closer to Yoona. They would do homework together, walk to the modeling company together, and even grew close enough to talk about personal things, like family and their home life. Taemin and Taecyeon would always hang out and Taecyeon taught Taemin more basketball tricks. Plus,Taecyeon had gotten used to picking Yoona up from school and taking her home.

 

Also, at school, Yoona had become less shy. She gained more friends and the guys recognized the real life cute and smart Yoona as the y, hot Yoona from the modeling magazines.

 

Although even more guys were trailing after her now, the only guy Yoona payed attention to at school was Ok Taecyeon.

 

She felt a strong connection between them for some reason and trusted him. In fact, Taecyeon was the first person at school to know about her background.

 

One night, while the two were walking to Yoona’s house, Taecyeon asked Yoona:

 

“How come you live alone with Taemin?”

 

Yoona looked down. Taecyeon bit his lip.

 

“Sorry. You don’t need to answer.”

 

Yoona took a deep breath and smiled lightly.

 

“It’s okay. I can’t hide it forever.”

 

Taecyeon smiled.

 

“Besides,” Yoona added quietly. “I trust you now.”

 

Taecyeon felt himself blush. He looked down at their hands, swinging next to each other in sync. He hesitated before reaching down and took her hand. Yoona slowly looked down and then back up at Taecyeon.

 

“You can tell me anything, Yoona. I’ll listen.” Taecyeon said, smiling.

 

Yoona smiled back lightly.

 

The two sat down on a bench in the park. Streetlights illuminated the streets. Stars twinkled in the sky above them.

 

“My father was diagnosed with leukemia three years ago. Me and my brother, we were shocked. We couldn’t believe that a deadly disease mainly common in children had found it’s way into our strong father.” Yoona said quietly.

 

“Ever since our mother passed away when I was in fifth grade, we had...struggled with money. We had saved a lot of money by earning scholarships to the Seoul Academy but that amount was only enough for general hospital fees and a bit of medication for Dad’s illness. So I began working part time at several different places. My brother Taemin was still too young to work and I wanted him to focus more on school, so I worked jobs after school. It was just enough for chemotherapy and radiation, but a few months ago, Dad had sudden liver failure. He had immediate surgery that we still have to pay back, but he...he....”

 

Yoona looked down, tears forming in her eyes.

 

"Dad didn't make it." Yoona shut her eyes. “That’s why we live alone. Our parents...both passed away…”

 

Taecyeon carefully held Yoona in a warm hug.

 

Yoona felt comfortable in his strong arms. She slowly hugged Taecyeon back, making him smile.

 

“I...can help you, Yoona.” He said quietly, rubbing her back.

 

Yoona let her tears fall. Taecyeon held her tight.

 

“I’m there for you. I WANT to be there for you...forever.”

 

Taecyeon gently let go of Yoona and stared into her eyes.

 

“Yoona...I...like you. A lot.” He wiped her tears. “When you’re in pain, I’m in pain. When you are sad, I’m sad. When you are happy, I am happy!”

 

Yoona looked at him.

 

“Taecyeon…”

 

He shook his head.

 

“I can’t hide my feelings for you anymore.” Taecyeon took Yoona’s hand. “I’ll help you and be there for you, so...will you be my girlfriend...and come to senior prom with me?”

 

Yoona blinked. She thought.

 

Then she looked up at Taecyeon, and slowly nodded.

 

Taecyeon’s eyes widened and he grinned.

 

He pulled Yoona into a hug and held her for a long time.

 

‘I...will be there for you, Yoona.’

 

He thought back to Nichkhun's confession.

 

‘I think...I like Yoona.’

 

Taecyeon shut his eyes.

 

‘I’m sorry, Nickhun...but I can’t give up my love for you…I’m sorry...’

 

 

The next day, Nickhun strolled confidently into the school yard holding a bouquet of flowers. Girls squealed with delight as the guys grinned.

 

“Looks like Khun is asking someone out.” A dude name Leeteuk said.

 

“AGAIN?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed. “Dang.”

 

“Wait, didn’t Taecyeon have a bouquet of flowers today too?” Ryeowook asked, confused. “Did they plan something?”

 

“OMG! Khun oppa is asking someone out!” A girl squealed.

 

“WHO?! WHO?!” Another squeaked.

 

Yoona walked through the courtyard and noticed the commotion. She tapped her friend Taeyeon on the shoulder.

 

“What is going on?”

 

Taeyeon, who didn’t really care about popularity or relationships, shrugged.

 

“Something about some guys asking people out.”

 

Yoona nodded.

 

She thought back to Taecyeon’s asking for her to be his girlfriend and blushed a little.

 

‘Stop it, Yoona.’ She told herself.

 

Little did Yoona know that the person Nickhun were about to ask out was none other than herself.

 

Taecyeon stared at the bouquet of flowers in Nichkhun's hand. Nickhun looked at the roses in Taec’s hand and plastered a smile.

 

“I wonder who you’re asking out.” He said.

 

‘Damnit! If Taec asks Yoona out first...no. I can’t let that happen.’

 

Then, to Khun’s surprise, Taecyeon smirked.

 

“I’m not asking anyone out.”

 

Nickhun looked at him. “You’re...not?”

 

Taecyeon smiled.

 

“Nah.”

 

Nickhun felt relieved...but only for a moment.

 

“I’ve already finished step one.” Taecyeon said. “These flowers are just a gift for my girlfriend.”

 

He waved and walked down the hall.

 

Nickhun looked at his friend walk down the hall confidently.

 

“He’s...already asked someone out?” Nickhun said to himself.

 

A sudden thought made his heart race.

 

‘Did he...did he, possibly, ask Yoona out?!’

 

He burned with rage thinking about the possibility.

 

‘Ok Taecyeon...could he have turned his back on me?’

 

Tiffany saw Taecyeon walk down the hall with a bouquet of beautiful roses.

“Is he asking someone out?” Jessica wondered.

 

Tiffany widened her eyes.

 

“It CAN’T be…”

 

She hurried down the hall.

 

“Tiff?” Yuri asked. She watched her friend run down the hall. “Tiffany!”

 

“Gosh, why is she so obsessed over that guy?” Jessica tsked. “He’s all she talks about.”

 

“At least she’s over Nickhun now.” Yuri blushed.

 

“But Nickhun had a bouquet of flowers today too.” Jessica said.

 

Yuri gasped.

 

“REALLY?! OMG!”

 

Then Yuri turned and tore down the hall at top speed.

 

Jessica sighed.

 

“These girls…”

 

Taecyeon walked around looking for Yoona, not knowing that he was being followed secretly by Tiffany and Yuri.

 

“Why the hell are you following me?” Tiffany whispered angrily to Yuri.

 

“Because Taecyeon might take us to Nickhun oppa, and I heard Nickhun is asking someone out today too!” Yuri exclaimed in a loud whisper.

 

“SHH!” Tiffany covered .

 

Taecyeon hummed as he walked.

 

“Where is he going?” Yuri asked quietly.

 

Suddenly, Taecyeon turned and walked up to the school’s library. He took a deep breath and smiled.

 

“WHY THE HELL is he at the library?” Yuri asked. She huffed. “Well, Nickhun is definitely NOT in there! I’m bailing!”

 

With that, Yuri turned and fled.

 

Tiffany, however, stared at Taecyeon.

 

“Why is he here?” She said to herself. Then she gasped. Inside the library, reading a book, was none other than Im Yoona.

 


54825780201105272109493086718648289_008.jpg



 

Taecyeon took another deep breath, grinned, and walked inside. To Tiffany’s horror, he strolled straight up to Yoona and handed her the roses.

 

Yoona smiled at him shyly and took the roses from him.

 

“Thank you, Taecyeon.” She said. “These are so beautiful.”

 

“Not as beautiful as you.” Taecyeon blushed. He hugged Yoona gently. The others in the library whistled.

 

“WOOO!”

 

“You are TOO lucky!”

 

“You go, Taecyeon!”

 

“SHH!” The librarian scolded, but she smiled warmly at the young couple.

 

Taecyeon and Yoona hugged while Tiffany secretly watched from outside. She felt tears pouring down her cheeks.

 

‘WHY?!’ Tiffany sobbed. ‘Why, out of all people, why? WHY HER?!’

 

Her sadness was quickly replaced with anger.

 

‘Im Yoona...Ok Taecyeon...I will NEVER let you two stay together in peace. NEVER.’

 

Nickhun rushed to the library, holding his flowers. He didn’t notice Tiffany, but Tiffany noticed him. Tiffany had used to like Nickhun before, but had gotten over him after she found out about Taecyeon. Still, some feelings for Nickhun still existed inside her.

 

She gasped.

 

‘No way...was Khun oppa about to ask that b***h out too?’

 

Nickhun was smiling confidently, then he saw Taecyeon hugging Yoona.

 

“Y-Yoona…” Nickhun's voice faltered.

 

Tiffany saw his facial expression go blank.

 

“Ok...Taecyeon?” He mumbled.

 

Nickhun stared in shock at his best friend hugging his crush.

 

He his lips and slowly nodded, obviously saddened by the scene. He turned, shaking his head. Slowly, he walked out of the building.

 

Tiffany watched as Nickhun dropped the bouquet of flowers onto the asphalt outside.

 

“Khun oppa…” Tiffany said quietly.

 

Nickhun hurried to his Porsche and drove away from the school.

 

Tiffany stared at the flowers on the ground, still perfectly in their bouquet. She looked back at Taecyeon and Yoona, smiling at each other.

 

Tiffany stood slowly and began walking away, crying quietly.

 

She had already seen enough.


gOuxtVA8bd1ql0XO_UebmO8SWOhwnY4xTgYB9-a0