Chapter Eleven

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Eleven:

 

Taecyeon woke up a few hours later. He saw Yoona sleeping peacefully next to him and smiled. He kissed her and gently got up, careful not to wake his girlfriend.

 

Yawning, he walked into the kitchen.

 

“Hmm...what should I make…”

 

Just then, Taemin and his friend Key walked into the kitchen.

 

“Oh! Hyung!” Taemin said, surprised. “You’re still here?”

 

Taec rubbed his eyes. “Yup. Your sister seems a bit tired lately so I’m going to cook dinner for you guys.”

 

Key spun a basketball on his index finger. “Then can Taemin and I go out for a little while?”

 

Taecyeon grinned. “Basketball?”

 

Taemin and Key nodded enthusiastically.

 

Taec nodded. “Sure.”

 

Taemin waved. “Alright. Bye, hyung. Can you tell Yoona where I am when she wakes up?”

 

“Sure.” Taecyeon waved back.

 

He checked his wallet and decided to go to the store to find ingredients for steak.

 

He wrote a note for Yoona and dashed off to the local supermarket.

 

“Hmm…” Taecyeon examined the different meat brands. “Organic should be the best…” He picked up a pack of organic steaks and went off to

grab some potatoes and veggies. He checked out and ran back to Yoona’s house.

 

Yoona had just woken up when she heard the front door open and the crinkling of grocery bags. She stepped out of the room and saw

Taecyeon setting a bunch of ingredients and food items on the counter. Taec smiled when he saw her.

 

“You’re awake!”

 

Yoona smiled back and yawned. She pointed to all the food. “What’s all this?”

 

Taec put the grocery bags into the pantry and went over to hug Yoona.

 

“Remember? I’m cooking dinner tonight.”

 

Yoona hugged him back.

 

“I’ll help you.”

 

Taec tsked.

 

“No. You go sit and rest. I’ll do everything.” He smiled and carried Yoona to the couch.

 

“Oppa!” Yoona laughed as he spun her around and set her down on the couch.

 

Taec grinned.

 

“I’ll cook. You rest.”

 

Yoona frowned. “I’ve rested enough, oppa. I want to help you.” She stood up again and hurried to the kitchen. “What are we making?”

 

Taecyeon laughed. “Oh, fine. You can help.”

 

The two set to work. Taecyeon heated up the pan and Yoona carefully peeled the potatoes.

 

“Taecyeon?” She asked. “Where did Taemin go?”

 

Taecyeon looked up from the stove. “Oh. He went to play basketball with his friend.”

 

“Ah.” She looked outside. It was almost dark. “I hope he comes back soon.”

 

About ten minutes later, Taemin walked into the house.

 

“Hey.” He smiled. “Noona! You’re awake!”

 

Yoona smiled back. “Yup.”

 

Taemin washed his hands and set the table.

 

Before long, the food was ready.

 

The three sat down and dug in.

 

“Wow! This is really good!” Taemin exclaimed. “Taec, you’re a really good cook!”

 

Taecyeon bowed. “Thank you, thank you. But your lovely noona here was an amazing helper.”

 

Yoona smiled.

 

They ate and did the dishes.

 

Then Taecyeon prepared to leave.

 

Yoona hesitated.

 

“Taecyeon!”

 

Taec turned and smiled. “Yesh?”

 

Yoona looked at him. She wanted to tell him about the baby but at the same time, she was afraid too. She bit her lip.

 

“Y-your shoelace is untied. I don’t want you to fall.”

 

Taec looked at his shoe and bent down to tie it.

 

“Thanks.”

 

He stood back up and kissed her forehead.

 

Taemin and Yoona waved as Taecyeon got into his car and drove off.

 

Taemin turned to Yoona, who was looking at the ground.

 

“Noona…”

 

“I...can’t. I can’t tell him about the baby.” She slumped down onto the couch and buried her face in her hands. “I’m worried about how he would

react. I’m...scared.”

 

Taemin patted her back.

 

“It’s okay, noona. It’s his child. He HAS to accept the baby into his life.”

 

Yoona began to cry.

 

“I have to quit the modeling job soon, too. Before I start showing...what do I do?”

 

Taemin sighed. He hugged Yoona.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be there for you every step of the way.”

 

Yoona looked at him and hugged him back.

 

“Taemin...I’m so sorry I keep burdening you like this...I’m your noona but it feels like I’ve done nothing for you.”

 

Taemin rubbed his noona’s hands and smiled gently.

 

“You’ve done much more for me than I’ve done for you, noona.”

 

(A couple days later)

 

Sungmin gasped.

 

“What?! This is going to be your last day being a model?!” He frowned. “Why so sudden?”

 

Yoona bowed. “I’m very sorry but...something came up and I won’t be able to work here anymore.”

 

Sunny sniffled. “But...you’re one of our top models!”

 

“We love you!” Sooyoung cried, hugging her.

 

“Does this, by any chance, have to do with Taec?” Sungmin asked.

 

Yoona bit her lip.

 

“Ah...n-no. And speaking of Taecyeon oppa...can you not tell him about my resignation? I think it would be best if...if he didn’t know.”

 

Sungmin sighed.

 

“Alright.”

 

Sunny led Yoona to the styling room sadly.

 

“Well then, let’s get ready for your last day at ROM Design.”

 

Taecyeon arrived a few minutes later. He grinned.

 

“Hey!”

 

Sungmin looked at him and plastered a fake smile on his face.

 

“Oh! Hi!”

 

Sooyoung grabbed his hand.

 

“Come on. Let’s get you styled.”

 

Before long, Yoona and Taecyeon were dressed and Yoona’s final photoshoot began. She avoided looking at Taecyeon.

 

Taec noticed the somber atmosphere and wondered if something had happened.

 


ok-taecyeon-1391872911-0-s-307x512.jpg
Yoona-im-yoona-33252115-500-750.jpg




He kept looking at Yoona but got the feeling that she was trying to avoid him.

The shoot ended and Sungmin sighed.

 

“There we go.”

 

Taecyeon walked up to Yoona.

 

“You alright?”

 

Yoona looked at the ground.

 

“Y-yes.”

 

He bit his lip.

 

“Is something bothering you?”

 

Yoona took a deep breath.

 

“O-of course not.”

 

Taecyeon nodded slowly. “That’s...good.”

 

An awkward silence took place, but before either Taecyeon or Yoona could say anything more, Sunny swooped in and grabbed Yoona’s hand.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

She took Yoona into the styling and hugged her tightly.

 

“Ohhh...why do you have to leave? I’m so sad.”

 

Yoona hugged Sunny back.

 

“I’ll miss you, unnie.”

 

Sunny looked at her.

 

“But why are you leaving, exactly? Are you going somewhere?”

 

Yoona looked down.

 

Sunny could see worry and sadness in her friend’s eyes. She rubbed Yoona’s back.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Yoona looked at Sunny. “Unnie…”

 

“Don’t worry Yoona. You can tell me anything.”

 

Yoona looked back down and shut her eyes.

 

“Unnie...I...I’m…pregnant.”

 

Sunny was shocked.

 

“You...you are?!”

 

Yoona began to cry.

 

“I...I…”

 

Suddenly, Sunny gasped.

 

“With...with Taecyeon’s kid?”

 

Yoona nodded sadly. Sunny wrapped Yoona in a warm hug.

 

“Oh, Yoona!” She cried. She Yoona’s hair gently. “Oh my gosh. How far along are you?”

 

Yoona sniffled. “About three months.”

 

“You’re going to start showing a bit soon.” Sunny said quietly. “Is that why you quit?”

 

Yoona nodded. “And...I’m scared. I don’t know how Taecyeon would react. If he doesn’t accept the child into his life...then...then…” She sobbed

quietly.

 

Sunny nodded.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you. But...even after you quit modeling, wouldn’t you see Taecyeon?”

 

Yoona looked down.

 

“I think...I think I have to break up with him…”

 

Sunny was shocked. “You CAN’T! He’s the baby’s dad!”

 

“I know...but I would rather just raise the baby myself without Taecyeon knowing than telling him or him finding out about the baby and then not

accepting the child into his life.”

 

“But you don’t know if he will reject the kid.” Sunny pointed out.

 

Yoona sniffled. “Exactly...I don’t want to risk it and tell him, only to possibly have him turn down the baby. That would just be too painful.”

 

“How could you break up with him though? I know...we ALL know...that you love him.”

 

Yoona cried. “I love him...but…”

 

She put her head down and sobbed.

 

Sunny shook her head. “So you’re going to go through six more months of pregnancy, then give birth to the baby, THEN raise the kid all by yourself? With no one there to help you?”

 

“Taemin will be there...but I don’t want to burden him too much.”

 

Sunny sighed and hugged Yoona again. “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell Taec...but...at least let me help you. I want to help you.” She smiled gently. “I’ve always loved babies.”

 

Yoona looked at Sunny gratefully. “Thank you, unnie.”

 

Sunny wiped Yoona’s tears.

 

“Now stop your crying. Be strong.” She rubbed Yoona’s back. “Be strong for your baby.”

 

Yoona waved goodbye to Sunny, Sooyoung, and Sungmin, who were trying hard to not act sad in front of Taecyeon.

 

Taecyeon held the door open for Yoona. The two stepped outside.

 

“Do you want me to walk you home?”

 

Yoona bit her lip.

 

“Ah...it’s fine. I have to stop by somewhere before I go back home.” She bowed slightly.

 

“Okay. If you need me, just call or text.” Taecyeon kissed her forehead. Yoona looked down.

 

“Bye, Taecyeon.” Yoona hurried down the sidewalk and disappeared into the crowded streets of Seoul.

 

Taecyeon sighed.

 

‘Are you okay, Im Yoona? I’m worried about you...’

 

Yoona dashed down the sidewalk. She hurried to a crosswalk and leaned against a wall. A sudden cramp in her stomach made her wince.

 

“Ah…”

 

The crosswalk light turned green, but Yoona stayed, leaning against the wall. She shut her eyes.

 

‘I’m sorry, Taecyeon...’