Chapter Seventeen

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Seventeen:

 

Taecyeon and Taeyeon sat in the Seoul Medical Center’s waiting room. Taecyeon was silently praying that Yoona would be okay while Taeyeon sniffled, crying.

 

Just then, a doctor walked into the room, holding a clipboard.

 

“Is anyone here for Im Yoona?”

 

Taecyeon and Taeyeon bolted up. They hurried over to the doctor, whose name was Yunho.

 

“We are.” Taecyeon said. “Is...is Yoona okay?”

 

Taeyeon grabbed the Yunho’s arm. “Please take us to her. Please…”

 

Yunho nodded and led them to Yoona’s room.

 

Yoona was laying in bed, unconscious.

 

Taeyeon ran over and knelt down next to the bed.

 

“Yoona...wake up…” She said sadly.

 

Yunho sighed.

 

“She will be unconscious for a while.” He looked at Taecyeon. “She fainted because of low blood pressure.” Yunho scratched the back of his head. “We will have to start the treatment for her heart failure soon...before anything else happens.”

 

Taecyeon’s face went pale.

 

“H-heart failure?”

 

Taeyeon gulped and stood. She walked up to Taecyeon and looked at the ground.

 

“Sorry I didn’t tell you earlier...but Yoona has heart disease. She needs treatment soon.”

 

Taecyeon stared.

 

“What?”

 

Yunho ran his hand through his hair.

“Yoona has agreed to start treatment as soon as possible. We will begin treatment in a few days, and hopefully, she can have bypass surgery within a month or two. After the surgery, she will be in recovery for quite a while, but everything should be fine by then.”

 

Taecyeon took a deep breath and walked up to Yoona’s bed. He took her hand and gently squeezed it. He shut his eyes.

 

‘I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you...you’ve gone through so much pain by yourself…’

 

Suddenly, the door opened and Taemin stepped inside.

 

“N-noona…?”

 

Taeyeon turned.

 

“Oh! Taemin…”

 

Taemin sobbed.

 

“What’s wrong with my noona? What happened?”

 

Taemin glanced at Taecyeon and gasped.

 

“What...what...are you doing here?”

 

Taecyeon turned and looked at Taemin.

 

“Your sister...is pregnant with my kid. Why shouldn’t I be here?”

 

Taemin stared at Taeyeon.

 

“H-he found out…?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, looking down.

 

Taemin pointed at his noona laying in bed, unconscious, and faced the doctor.

 

“Sir...what...what’s wrong with my sister?”

 

Yunho sighed.

 

“She has heart failure.”

 

Taemin gulped.

 

“What?”

 

Taeyeon hugged Taemin.

 

“Taemin, I’m sorry we didn’t tell you earlier...your noona didn’t want you to worry.”

 

“How could I not worry?!” Taemin yelled, tears in his eyes. He looked at Yunho. “My sister...she’s...is she going to die?”

 

Yunho shook his head.

 

“As long as we start treatment and perform surgery soon, she won’t. Don’t worry.”

 

Taemin sobbed. Taeyeon cradled him in his arms, rubbing his head gently.

 

Taecyeon and Taemin sat alone in the hospital room, gazing at Yoona, who was sleeping peacefully. Taeyeon had gone back to close the cafe, leaving the two guys alone.

 

Taecyeon held Yoona’s hand and rubbed it gently.

 

“How...how did you find out Yoona was pregnant?” Taemin asked quietly.

 

“I...just \went to Taeyeon's cafe one day and…”

 

“You saw her?”

 

“...yeah.”

 

Taemin stared at the ground.

 

“You’re not going to...you’re not going to abandon my sister, right?” Taemin said.

 

Taecyeon looked at him.

 

“Of course not.” He fixed his gaze back on Yoona. “I’ll be there for her...and my kid.”

 

Taemin nodded.

 

There was a small silence. Someone knocked on the room door.

 

“Visiting hours are almost over. Please get ready to leave.”

 

Taemin stood.

 

“Taec?”

 

Taecyeon reluctantly let go of Yoona’s hand and stood.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Thank you for staying with my noona.”

 

Taec smiled and patted Taemin’s back.

 

“No prob. Now let’s go so your sister can rest.”

 

Taec leaned down and kissed Yoona’s forehead. Taemin opened the door and he and Taecyeon stepped out into the hall. They headed to the lobby.

 

Taemin started walking out of the hospital. He turned.

 

“Hyung?”

 

Taecyeon gestured for Taemin to go outside first.

 

“Wait outside for me.”

 

Taemin went outside while Taec walked up to the front desk.

 

“Hello.” The receptionist greeted.

 

“Hi.” Taecyeon said. “Uh, could I make a payment for Im Yoona?”

 

“Are you paying for the hospital bill?”

 

“Everything...the treatment, surgery...everything.” He handed the lady his credit card.

 

The lady swiped his card and handed it back to him.

 

“Alright. Thank you.”

 

Taecyeon turned and walked outside. Taemin looked at him.

 

“What were you doing?”

 

Taecyeon shoved his credit card in his pocket.

 

“I was taking care of something. Now let’s go.” He patted Taemin’s back. “I’ll buy you some dinner.”

 

Nickhun stood in front of the Hwang’s mansion. He checked his watch and tapped his foot.

 

Tiffany stepped outside and gasped.

 

“Khun oppa! What are you doing here?”

 

Khun smiled.

 

“Are you free right now?”

 

Tiffany nodded slowly.

 

“Yeah, but…”

 

Khun took her hand.

 

“Then follow me.”

 

He led her to his car and the two drove into the night.

 

After about half an hour, Khun parked his car and stepped out. He opened the door for Tiffany.

 

“Wow…”

 

Tiffany and Khun stared at the N Seoul Tower. The tower’s beautiful lights illuminated the night sky.

 

“It’s so beautiful…” Tiffany said.

 

“Not as beautiful as you.” Nickhun commented. Tiffany turned.

 

“What?”

 

Nickhun smiled. He looked at their hands, hanging side by side, and held hers.

 

“Tiff...I...don’t really know how to tell you how I feel...but…” He gazed into her eyes. “I think...I like you.”

 

Tiffany blinked.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“I know that this is a...rather sudden confession...but it’s the truth.” Khun took a deep breath. “I like you. You make me feel happy.”

He pulled Tiffany into a hug. The embrace was warm and comfortable.

 

Any wavering thoughts on Taecyeon left Tiffany’s mind. All of a sudden, the only person she could picture in her head was Nickhun. Her heart leaped. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around Khun.

 

“I think...I might like you too, oppa.”

 

Khun broke out into a grin and hugged her tighter.

 

The two stood, wrapped in each other’s embrace. The N Seoul Tower lighted up even brighter in the distance.

 

Yoona woke up the next day and saw Taecyeon sleeping next to her bed, holding her hand. She smiled lightly and Taec’s hair.

 

Suddenly, Taecyeon woke up. He blinked.

 

“Y-Yoona? You’re awake!” He immediately smiled and hugged her. He rubbed her belly. “Are you feeling okay?”

 

“Yes.” Yoona nodded. She smiled at Taecyeon’s gentle touch.

 

Taecyeon sighed. Yoona looked at him.

 

“I heard you need treatment for heart failure.” Taecyeon said quietly.

 

Yoona looked down.

 

“You...found out.”

 

Taecyeon held her hand.

 

“They are going to start the treatment soon. You’ll have surgery within a month and a half. You...you’re going to stay alive.”

 

Yoona blinked back tears and nodded.

 

Taecyeon hugged her again, sighing.

 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you all this time…”

 

Yoona shook her head. “It’s my fault. I was stupid. I didn’t tell you about the baby…”

 

Taecyeon kissed her.

 

“But I’m here now. You can lean on me if you need any help.”

 

Yoona smiled gratefully.

 

“Thank you for being here...and for giving me such a wonderful gift.”

 

Taecyeon smiled back.

 

‘Thank you...for accepting my gift...and accepting someone like me into your life...’