Chapter Twenty Three

My Love For You (changed title ^^ *HIATUS*)

Chapter Twenty Three:

Mr. Ok sat in his office. It was the day of Taec and Yoona's return from their honeymoon, and he was preparing to leave from work early to greet his son at the airport.

He walked out to the parking lot.

"Oh! Mr. Ok!" His butler ran over and bowed. "Are you ready to go home?"

Mr. Ok nodded. The butler turned to go get the company car, but Mr. Ok stopped him.

"I have to drop by another place first, so I'll take my own car today."

The butler blinked.

"Ah...ah, ok. Yes, sir."

"You can head home now." Mr. Ok said. The butler bowed as Mr. Ok walked over to his car.

He got in and dialed his wife's phone number.

"Yes, honey?" Mrs. Ok said. "Are you coming to the airport?"

"I'm about to leave from the company." He told her. "I'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Ok. Drive safely, honey." Mrs. Ok said and hung up.

Mr. Ok set his phone down and switched on the car engine. Slowly, he drove out of the company parking lot.

Mr. Ok drove onto the highway, towards the Seoul International Airport. He checked the highway signs and got off on the exit.

He stopped at a red light and checked his watch. Suddenly, his foot accidentally pressed down onto the acceleration pedal, and his car zoomed ahead.

The sounds of car horns blared and people screamed. Mr. Ok stepped off the pedal, praying the car would stop, but the pedal was stuck. The car swerved and slammed into a building's side. The hood of Mr. Ok's car crumbled, the engine exploded, and Mr. Ok fainted.

The building Mr. Ok had crashed into was none other than Taeyeon's cafe, which was now on fire.

 

Taeyeon was wiping tables when she saw the car swirving around and going out of control. She took out her phone to dial 911, but all of a sudden, a loud booming noise filled the cafe and smoke and debris flew everywhere. The customers screamed.

Taeyeon covered when she realized smoke was everywhere. A fire burned in the cafe's kitchen.

She stood shakily and hurried through the pile of debris and bricks.

She coughed, finding it hard to breathe. A siren roared and suddenly, the windows smashed as firefighters rushed into the building.

Taeyeon carefully made her way to the burning car, trying to see if anyone was inside. Heat blazed as she drew nearer to the car.

Suddenly, someone grabbed her shoulder and lifted her up.

"Stop! Don't go any closer!" A husky voice said. She felt muscular arms lifting her up and leading her outside the burning cafe.

Outside, smoke filled the air. Passerbys screamed and ran away from the burning bakery.

Taeyeon coughed. The firefighter gave her water and she had trouble swallowing.

"T-thank you." She stammered. The firefighter took of his mask.

"No problem. It's my job." The husky voice said once again. Taeyeon looked up and saw a cute and handsome face looking back at her.

He examined her.

"You have some burns and bruises...wait here. Paramedics will come and treat you." He said. "For now, drink a lot of water."

The man handed her the bottle of water and watched as she gulped it down

Taeyeon glanced at his name tag. It read 'Byun, Baekhyun'.

Suddenly, two more firefighters ran out of the building. They were carrying a man's body...a familiar man's body...

Taeyeon gasped.

"M-Mr. Ok...?"

A wave of dizzyness suddenly came to her. She saw the world flash in yellow, and everything went black.

 

"Mother!" Taec waved as he and Yoona stepped out of the terminal. Yoona rushed over and gave her mother-in-law a hug.

Mrs. Ok kissed Yoona's cheek.

"Oh...I missed you."

Yoona bent down and picked up Jae Hwa from his carrier.

"Aiyoo...you've gotten heavier, Jae Hwa." Yoona smiled, kissing her son. She missed him so much.

Taec hugged his mom and kissed Jae Hwa.

"Where's dad?" Taecyeon asked, looking around. "He texted me a few hours ago saying he'll be here."

Mrs. Ok checked the time on her phone.

"I called him and he said he would be here." She sighed. "That was forty minutes ago. He told me he'd be here after twenty minutes."

She tried calling him, but there was no answer. She sighed again.

"Oh, well. It's his fault for being late." Mrs. Ok smiled. "Let's head back home first then. You two must be exhausted from your flight."

The three walked out to the parking lot and got into the car. Jae Hwa played with Yoona's hair as they drove. Taec stared proudly at his son.

It was quiet in the car, so Mrs. Ok suggested that they listen to the radio. She turned the radio on.

"...we have a breaking news report! Apparently, there was an accident caused by an out-of-control car near City Hall." The radio announcer said.

Mrs. Ok raised the volume, interested.

"The car slammed into a cafe and the engine exploded, causing a massive fire...the number of injuries sustained is increasing by the second. Another sudden news report, the driver of the out-of-control car has been identified as Ok Kwang Ik..."

Mrs. Ok gasped. She gripped the wheel. Taec stared.

"Ok Kwang Ik...no, no...it can't be." She turned to Taec. "That's your father's name..."

"...the cafe that sustained extreme damage from the incident has been identified as the Mocha Cafe...the only employee there at the time, 23 year old Kim Taeyeon, has sustained significant burns and trauma and is being treated, along with the rest of the injured, including Ok Kwang Ik, at the Seoul Medical Center. Stay tuned for more updates."

Yoona was frozen.

She couldn't believe what was happening.

Mrs. Ok swerved the car, crying.

Taecyeon shouted.

"Go...go to the hospital...NOW!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So...I added in something pretty dramatic >;)

and sorry I haven't updated as frequently T^T

I will get better on updating quicker :D

oh yeah, and i just HAD to add in baekhyun into the story after i heard he and taeyeon were dating. Some more extra storyline ;)

Thanks to everyone who subscribed and keeps up with my story. my first fanfic ever, and it's going pretty well ^^

Truly.appreciate it :)

*Internet hugs*