Chapter eight

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

Happy birthday to our pink monster aka Fany!

So many Taeny moments recently... *tears of joy* when Tae yelled Tippani during that concert... T_T my feels.

This chapter is very long. Close to 5000 words. I'm warning you XD And it's kind of boring and slow but don't worry guys, it won't be like that forever.

Thanks for the support once again. I probably say this every chapter but I truly am grateful lol. Love you guys<3

p.s excuse the mistakes if there are any.

 

 

''Boom!'' I dropped a stack of books on the table. Yuri looked up at me with squinty eyes.

''Reduce the sound, please...'' she said.

''Sorry but not sorry,'' I grinned and sat down on the opposite seat. Yuri dragged her hands down her face sighing while she was at it.

''I'm so tired Taeng. This is madness. Ridiculous. Crazy. What else?''

''The exams?'' I watched Yuri massage her temples. I arranged my stuff to begin my revising as well.

''I feel like climbing up a cliff and yell 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*K!' From the top of my lungs.''

I snorted.

''Cheer up, it's just this week Yul. Three more days. You can do it!''

''Yeah, let's hope I survive until then.'' Yuri muttered and took a sip from her water bottle. ''Why are you so happy even though we are in this misery right now?''

I blushed a little and bowed my head down. ''No reason.''

''Right and I'm a freaking leprechaun. Spill it Taeng! Spare me a moment away from this madness.'' Yuri pouted.

''Alright, alright!'' I said. ''I think me and Tiffany are progressing pretty well.''

''Really?''

''Yeah. I mean, we even text now.''

''Oh my God...finally.'' Yuri exclaimed drastically, while raising her arms upwards. I rolled my eyes at her and snatched the bag of chips she had next to her own stack of books.

''Hayeon's coming over again by the way.'' I said before stuffing my mouth with a handful of chips.

''We'll come hang out with her. Sica was so happy the last time.''

''Thanks.'' I smiled at my best friend. I really wanted to ask Yuri about Jessica's sad moods that I've witnessed more than once lately.

''Let's just not play soccer again.'' Yuri mentioned.

We laughed a little until the library lady came to shush us.

''So,'' Yuri spoke in a whisper. ''When will you introduce us to her?''

''What do you mean? She already knows you and by the way, you were being rude to her the last time.'' I pointed a finger at her. ''I don't think she paid attention to that but still.''

''Yah, I was busy saving our dear friend.''

''Aka your precious princess. Come on Yul.'' I sighed. ''You even stalked on me, traitor.''

Yuri rolled her eyes and ignored my remark. ''She doesn't know Sica.''

''Look, I don't know Yul. Not now, maybe soon.''

''Hey!'' Yuri snapped her fingers. ''I have an idea.''

''Oh God...'' I groaned out loud, knowing exactly what Yuri was planning.

''You, Sica, me and Tiffany at my place for a night out~ Boom!'' Yuri added an explosion sound effect at the end.

I gave her a look. ''And let her see you get drunk? No thank you. That's embarrassing.''

''I won't get drunk.'' she replied defensively.

''Right.'' I retorted. ''I was forced to sleep with Sica the last time.''

''Oh come on, Sica's not that bad to sleep with.'' I gave her a smug look and Yuri groaned. ''You know what I mean.''

''Later okay? When things are more comfortable. I mean we're getting there but...just not yet.'' I said.

''Fine.'' Yuri shrugged. ''Your choice.''

I sighed. ''So do you know what's wrong with Sica?''

''What do you mean?''

''I don't know...she asked me if you, me and her would stay friends after we graduate.''

Yuri raised a brow at me.

''She did?''

I nodded.

''That explains it then...She made me 'renew' our pact.'' Yuri chuckled. ''I can't believe she still remembers.''

''I remember it too Yul.''

Yuri smiled. ''I think she's just thinking about that because you found Tiffany. I mean, she told me that she's scared she won't find anyone and that we would leave her...'' Yuri frowned.

''You could change that Yul.''

''Shut up Taeng.''

''What? You could, why couldn't you? You know her like the back of your hand. You're perfect for her.''

''She's straight. She likes men.'' Yuri grumbled. ''Now please stop talking about that.''

She had me ignored for the rest of the time we revised at the library but I just couldn't help but think of Jessica.


 

I brought Hayeon to the campus for a small tour and go pick up Yuri from her last class of the day so we could hang out.

''Unnie?''

''Hm?''

''Will Sica-unnie come with us today too?''

''I don't know, we can ask Yul if she's still here.'' I answered and we walked to the cafeteria. ''I'll buy you some juice while we wait.''

''Will we go have dinner then?'' Hayeon followed me as I grabbed a juice box from the small fridge.

''Yeah,'' I smiled at her.

''Can we go get some meat?''

''Sure.''

I paid for the juice box and we went to take a seat.

''Taeyeon!'' I heard my name being yelled and saw a tall girl approaching our table with her tray.

''Hey Sooyoung,'' I greeted her. ''You wanna sit with us?''

''Yup!'' she smiled and sat down next to me. Hayeon saw the mountain of food on the girls plate and looked at it wide eyes.

I laughed a little. ''So what's up? I rarely see you around here.''

Sooyoung shrugged. ''I'm mostly camping at the lab. I haven't even seen Yuri for two weeks now. Kind of crazy but I'm in a hurry to get this one report done.''

I nodded. ''We're actually waiting for her right now. This is my little sister Hayeon.''

Sooyoung nodded her head and smiled at my sister. ''Yeah I remember. Hey there Hayeon.''

''Hi...'' Hayeon replied quietly. I smiled at her and patted her head.

Sooyoung continued to eat her meal and I let Hayeon play with my phone while we waited.

''I need some juice,'' Sooyoung got up and went over to the counter.

''Unnie,'' Hayeon spoke a while after she went away.

I looked at her.

''Will she come with us?''

''Who Sooyoung?'' I asked and she nodded.

''No, she won't.''

''She's scary...like a food monster.'' Hayeon whispered.

I snorted. ''Don't say things like that Hayeon-ah.''

''But unnie... opens so wide...it's scary.'' Hayeon frowned a little. Sooyoung came back and I stifled a laugh.

I knew Sooyoung through Yuri and we rarely hung out because she had her own circle of friends and her being one year ahead of us only left us at being just acquaintances. To think of it, it had only been just us three throughout the years – me, Jessica and Yuri. I didn't see myself having a large group of friends would be better than having two best friends that I've known for years.

''Well Sooyoung, me and Hayeon got to go. We're going to go meet Yul halfway.'' I said after checking the clock on the cafeteria wall.

She nodded. ''Tell her I said hi, okay?''

''Sure thing. Bye!''

''Bye bye!'' Sooyoung waved at us and resumed eating.


 

Hayeon skipped happily ahead of us in the hallway as we walked to the department where Jessica would be at.

''Sica misses Hayeon. She even said that yesterday.''

''Wow. Sentimental Sica, huh?''

Yuri smiled. ''I kind of like her that way. You know how she never really displays any affection...It's only the aggressive love that we get.''

''I bet you do.'' I winked and Yuri groaned.

I laughed. ''So Hayeon is scared of Sooyoung.''

''Really?'' Yuri laughed too. ''Why?''

''She saw her eat.''

''Oh my God...'' she shook her head.

''Yup. She called her a food monster.''

Yuri and I continued to laugh.

''Sooyoung said hi by the way. She said she hasn't seen you for a while.''

''Hm...I should stop by and talk to her some time...'' Yuri said, probably to herself judging from the thoughtful expression she had on her face.

''Where should we go eat? Hayeon wanted meat.''

''Let's get some bulgogi? I think Sica will most likely be tired so we have to cook her meat too.''

''Your job.''

Yuri rolled her eyes.

''Well it's true. You'd do it either way for her.''

''I want to kick you.''

''Sica will save me.''

''She's not here right n-''

I mehronged and ran off after Hayeon in the hallway before Yuri could finish her sentence.

''YAH!''


 

Jessica leaned back against the wall and sighed. Hayeon was still finishing up her food as the rest of us were waiting for her.

''Dessert?'' Yuri asked. Jessica groaned while shaking her head but Hayeon's ears perked up.

''Yes please! Ice cream!''

''Eat your food first.'' I said.

''Yes unnie.''

''Yul, please carry me back home.'' Jessica pleaded. I rolled my eyes when Yuri blushed.

''I'd like to see that happen.'' I said.

''Sica is as light as a feather, no problem.'' Yuri stated and I snorted. She balled up a napkin and threw it my way but I managed to dodge it in time.

''Can unnie carry me too?'' Hayeon asked.

Then Jessica pouted.

''Yeah Yul, carry my baby sister. Sica can walk on her own.''

''Carry your own sister Taeng.'' Yuri said. Hayeon then turned to me and looked at me with a mischevious grin.

''Great...'' I grumbled.

After eating some ice cream, we decided to walk to the park. Yuri piggybacked Jessica while I piggybacked my sister.

''Oh! Let's race to the swings!'' I exclaimed and picked up my pace to a run.

''Y-yah!'' Yuri struggled with the weight on her back.

''What are you waiting for Yul!'' Jessica yelled while landing tiny punches on Yuri's back. I snickered and ran as fast as I could.

''Light as a feather, huh?!'' I yelled at Yuri.

''My unnie is the fastest!'' Hayeon shouted proudly but then she shrieked. ''Unnie! They're catching up!''

''HAHA!'' I heard Jessica exclaim as Yuri dashed past me. Jessica waved her hand in circles like a cowboy. ''Woohoo!''

''Unnie!'' Hayeon whined when we reached the two.

''Yah Hayeon-ah, you know Yul is very very fast...'' I panted.

''I'm...faster...and taller...'' Yuri said between her own pants.

''Ha ha, you're so funny. Just wait Yuri. Just wait.'' I squinted my eyes at her. I was about to kick her when Jessica stopped me from doing so.

''Now, now. Don't be a sore loser and show bad example to Hayeonie.'' she said. Yuri sat up and crossed her arms and put her chin up proudly, clearly showing off.

''Yes. We won so accept it.''

I rolled my eyes. ''I bet Hayeon would have outran you.''

''Let's get this grumpy an ice crea

Please log in to read the full chapter