Chapter eleven

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thank you guys for the support, I hope you enjoy this chapter<3

Love ya~

 

 

From: Tiffany

My co-worker messed up a report which already got sent to the higher ups. All hell is about to break loose.


 

I grinned at the text Tiffany sent me. I was bored out of my mind at a lecture and texting Tiffany was something I would definitely do instead.


 

To: Tiffany

Is there any yelling already?


 

I pressed send and wrote down a few notes from the slide my professor was showing us. Texting her wasn't that much of a good idea when I was supposed to pay attention but I honestly didn't care. I'd do it again and probably will.


 

From: Tiffany

Worse. My boss is going to hold an emergency meeting in 15 mins. :( Guess I won't be eating proper lunch today...And I'm sick! I'm snotting all over my freaking desk and people are avoiding me like I have a deadly disease.


 

To: Tiffany

You should have stayed at home. Eat some soup and lay in bed all day.


 

My phone vibrated a minute later.


 

From: Tiffany

I will once I get home...I wish I could sleep a whole day. I gotta go now, boss is freaking out!!


 

I put the phone away with a smile still on my face and tried to concentrate on what was left of the lecture. I hoped she was taking care of herself properly.

I met Yuri in the hallway and snickered quietly when I saw the sleeping figure on the couch next to her.

''Hey,'' I said to Yuri.

''She fell asleep?'' I pointed at Jessica.

''Yeah,'' she replied. ''I went to get a cup of hot chocolate and saw her sprawled out deep in slumber when I got back.''

''She kind of looked exhausted this morning,'' I fit myself next to Yuri. ''Also Tiffany is sick.''

Yuri side-eyed me. ''And?''

''I worry...'' I mumbled.

She grinned and pushed me by my shoulder. ''Go see her then.''

''I don't know...I should let her rest though,'' I said. ''Maybe I should call her later.''

She nodded as a reply. ''I'm still waiting for you to tell me what happened that night.''

''Huh?''

''When Tiffany had dinner with us over at your place. You went to walk her to her car and you came back looking like a zombie.''

I cleared my throat. I forgot I hadn't told Yuri anything about what had happened. ''She kissed me on the cheek.''

Yuri's eyes bulged. ''What?! Really?''

''Yeah.''

''Yes!'' Yuri fist pumped while biting her lip. ''Finally some progress with you two.''

I rolled my eyes. ''It was just a friendly gesture. But it really came as a surprise for me though.''

''Either way, it's progress. She's becoming more comfortable with you. That's a good thing. I think she really likes having you around,'' Yuri retorted. ''I noticed it. Whenever you talked she would listen to you so intensely.''

''You're just exaggerating Yul,'' I said indifferently.

''I'm not. Even Sica said that to me. The point is that she's growing on you and it's a good thing.''

I let out a sigh. ''I guess. You know what still bothers me though?''

''Hm?''

''That mannequin.''

''What about it?''

''How did it look so much like Tiffany?'' I knitted my brows together.

Yuri pondered for a while. ''Yeah, that was a little odd. But hey, there could be someone else that looks just like her. You never know.''

''I just can't help but think how coincidental it all is,'' I said.

''Maybe you shouldn't bother yourself with it anymore? Just focus on Tiffany.''

''Ugh...'' the boneless mass next to Yuri grumbled and stretched her limbs and we both looked at her.

''Yul, what time is it?'' she groggily asked.

Yuri turned away from me, gently tapping her knee. ''Time for you to wake the hell up Sica.''

Jessica glared at her with sleepy eyes.

''You need to start going to bed earlier.''

She made a face at Yuri in return and sat up, yawning and stretching once again.

''Hey Taeng...'' she said when she saw me.

''Hey,'' I chuckled.

She scratched her head. ''I thought I heard you say Tiffany kissed your cheek or something, I'm not quite sure if that was just my dream.''

''Oh, you heard her alright,'' Yuri said.

''Oohh!'' Jessica clapped her hands. ''When?''

''When we had that dinner together and I walked her to her car.''

''So that's why you looked so out of it when you came back,'' Jessica retorted, wiggling her brows at me with a grin.

I sighed and laid back against the couch. ''Yeah...It was like, divine.''

''Okay Taeng. Don't go wandering in your daydreams now,'' Yuri warned. ''Let's go have lunch.''


 

It was already past four when I went to the store to get some groceries. With my phone in my hand and pushing the cart with my other, I exhaled loudly and dialed a number.

After a few beeps, I finally heard that lovely voice, although it was quite hoarse.

''Hello?''

''Um, hey Tiffany,'' I said.

''Hey Taeyeonie. Sorry, my voice is really groggy,'' she chuckled lowly. I smiled, she really kept her promise to call me by that nickname.

''That's fine,'' I replied. ''Are you feeling better?''

There was a small pause and I heard her blow her nose.

''A little bit. Thank you for asking.''

I browsed the shelfs absentmindedly, biting my lip. ''Sooo...I was wondering if I could get you anything from the store since I'm here right now.''

''Oh no...You don't have to Taeyonie.''

''Do you have medicine?''

''Yes.''

''Do you have food?''

''Yes.''

''Do you have tea?''

''Ye- actually no. I don't have any tea...''

''I'll get you some chamomile tea!''

''Taeyeonie...'' she cried. ''You don't have to. I don't want to trouble you.''

''Nope. I'm getting you some tea and bringing it to you,'' I said, grinning at the thought of seeing her again after a few days.

She sighed. ''There's absolutely nothing I can stop you from coming?''

''Oh so you don't want to see me, huh?'' I said teasingly.

''That's right.''

My smile faded away as quickly as it appeared.

''Taeyeonie?'' she laughed. ''I'm just kidding.''

I rolled my eyes. ''Meanie.''

''Alright, alright. If you'll bring me some tea, then you're going to stay and have a cup with me, deal? If you're willing to be anywhere near me when I'm sick, that is,'' she added a small laugh at the end.

I swallowed hard. Sick or not, I really didn't give a damn.

''Deal!''


 

I happily skipped to Tiffany's address. Given that I still remembered the way since it was pretty much on the same route I took when I walked home, I was able to get there pretty fast. Not that I wanted to seem desperate on the outside, though I knew I kind of was in a way.

I rang the doorbell and waited patiently, although fidgeting a little bit.

The door opened a few seconds with a smiling Tiffany, gesturing me to come in.

''You were quick!'' she exclaimed and my cheeks burned bright red.

Damnit! Now she knows I practically flew here to see her.

''I walked briskly,'' I mumbled. She helped me to hang my coat as I took of my shoes. I presented the plastic bag to her and she took it, peeking inside.

''This clearly is more than just chamomile tea Taeyeonie,'' she stated with a small smile on her lips.

''Well we can't have tea without something sweet alongside, right?'' I remarked.

''Okay, I'll go by your logic this time,'' she laughed. I took a moment to look at her, she was dressed in homey attire, sweatpants and a loose sweater, hair tied up into a messy bun. I could have looked at her forever. Then I noticed the red nose and that strangely completed the cute posture she had. She began to boil the water and I realized that I should help her since she was the sick one.

''Let me help,'' I offered as I walked to her.

''That's fine, I got it,'' she shooed me off while smiling. She grabbed

Please log in to read the full chapter