Chapter seven

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

I think my chapters are really long, what do you guys think? Should I cut them a little shorter in the future? Up to you guys.

Thanks for the support as always, I love you all<3

Leave comments for me to read tomorrow morning, oki? :D

Excuse me if there's any mistakes or anything, too lazy to edit now that it's almost midnight here.

Enjoy~

 

Jessica linked arms with me as we strolled back after a long day at the library. Studying non-stop for hours wasn't something I really enjoyed and because weekend finally arrived, we agreed to have dinner at Yuri's place this time. Which meant that my lovely best friend would be buying some drinks for our night together. It was unevitable.

''It's cold.'' Jessica said. I noticed how melancholic she had been all day and I wanted to know why. But I wasn't sure how to approach her with that since she had always been pretty quiet about her feelings or thoughts. She only voiced them when it was really necessary.

''I know...''

Jessica sighed and I took that as another indication that I should probably ask her.

''Hey, isn't that the store that had the Tiffany replica doll in it?''

I looked at the store and raised my brows. I hadn't realized that I've been walking past it without paying any attention to it all for weeks now.

Strange...

It was like that portion of my life had vanished and in a way I was glad. I now had Tiffany, who was real and breathing. Then I realized it.

My wish had kind of came true. I had wished for the mannequin to be real and now Tiffany was in my life.

I shook my head at the thought. It truly is amazing how life sometimes works. How I was miserable not too long ago and now I had a shot with someone, even though to me it seemed like a very tiny chance, but it was a chance nevertheless.

''You know Yul loves you like you're her sister, right?'' Jessica's voice snapped me out of my realization. ''She was just being her protective self back then. The teasing and all. I remember she was so worried about you, she would worry if you would start dating or would you find someone you liked. At times she sounded like your mother.''

''I know Sica...I know.'' I rolled my eyes.

''So she's super happy now that you met Tiffany. Or that you're making moves on her. Small moves, but moves either way.''

I groaned.

Jessica giggled in return. ''Look, Yul is a good person. She meant the best for you. She has always been there for us, hasn't she?''

I nodded. Yuri was like the glue that kept us together since high school. Yuri was the one that always calmed us down whenever one of us panicked. She was always there when we needed her. And I wondered if I was doing good enough for being there for her when she would be sad about Jessica going out with someone.

''She IS the best.'' I said proudly.

Jessica gave a small nod. ''You know sometimes I wonder if we will still continue to be friends after the graduate. When we have our careers, being busy and finding our soulmates.''

''Yah! Of course we will still be friends. We have always been together Sica, I don't remember having not one fight with you guys.''

Jessica smiled.

''I know right. I wonder how that's possible...'' she said.

''Don't overthink it Sica. We will be friends until we die, right? Remember our pact?''

We both laughed at the memory. It was done on our last year of high school, to promise we would still be friends no matter what, even if we didn't get to go to the same university.

''I was so scared Taeng. I really was!'' Jessica frowned. ''I thought that just when I had found two amazing friends, I would have to lose them because of stupid college.''

I smiled. ''I know I was scared too. Yul was freaking out so that's probably why she came up with the pact.''

''I'm glad she did. We are so lucky. I would never take you guys for granted.''

''We wouldn't take you for granted either, Sica.'' I thought about how lucky I really was.

Jessica flashed a smile at me and held onto my arm tighter.


 

Yuri almost sprayed her drink through her nose on me when Jessica finished the joke she was telling us. I stared at Yuri with wide eyes as she burst out into a loud fit of laughter. Then I looked back at Jessica, who couldn't even get any sound coming out of her as she laughed, mouth wide open and head thrown back.

''AAAAAAAAHHAAAAHHAAAAAHAHAAAAA!''

Jessica let out a shriek and started banging the table violently as Yuri stumbled to the living room to calm down. We could still hear her chortling away from where we were.

''Yah, yah, yah!'' Jessica screamed between her laughs and held onto my arm. Tears running down her cheeks, I laughed a little at how tipsy she was.

''Taeng...please...help me.''

''Wha- Hey, calm down.'' I sighed and rubbed her back.

It was always like that. Jessica and her jokes. Jokes that were beyond lame, but of course I would never tell her that. Jokes that only Yuri seemed to understand them out of anyone else, including me. Yuri always laughed whenever Jessica told a joke. Even if it was stupid and made no sense.

And that told a lot about Yuri's love for her.

I went over to check on my other crazy friend only to find her in the same state. I stopped in my tracks when Yuri had her face down on the couch, her muffled laughs making myself laugh too.

She turned around and crossed her legs tightly. ''NO! DON'T COME CLOSERRRR! I CAN'T LOOK AT YOU OR I'M GOING TO PEE MY PANTS!'' she rolled around holding her crotch while waving her hand figorously, gesturing me to go away.

Oh god...

While snickering, I went back to Jessica, only to see her peeking behind the wall while holding her stomach as she stared at Yuri. She pointed a finger at her and slid down the wall.

''Was it really that funny?'' I asked and Jessica finally collapsed.

Yuri happened to see her and they were laughing like two lunatics once again.

''I'M GOING TO PEE MY PANTS! I CAN'T LOOK AT YOU TWO WITHOUT LAUGHING! AHHHH GO AWAYYYYY!'' Yuri screamed in despair. She half crawled half ran to her bedroom and slammed the door shut in order to escape from us.

I grabbed the collapsed mess from the floor and helped her to the kitchen. She held tightly onto the counter, wiping the tears from her eyes and cheeks.

''Jesus Sica,'' I shook my head.

''I...I can't...please don't talk...'' she begged while holding her head. ''Just...shut up...''

 

Yuri crashed on her own bed this time, leaving me to sleep with the tipsy Jessica on the couch. I hated to drink whenever we were at Yuri's because that would require me to sleep over and I would always get to sleep on the freaking couch.

''Yah,'' Jessica slurred and started looking around. ''Where's Yul?''

''Sleeping in her room.'' I replied as I carefully made my way to the couch with a blanket enough to cover us both and two pillows.

She pouted and furrowed her brows.

''I don't like her.'' she crossed her arms like a little kid that was upset for someone taking her favorite candy.

''Hey, come on. Let's sleep.'' I nudged her and tried to fit myself next to her on the couch. I let out a quiet yawn and stared at the ceiling.

''I don't want.'' she continued the sulking and I knew better than to start upsetting a drunk Jessica.

Some minutes later, I felt a weight on my arm and saw Jessica in deep slumber next to me. I let out a relieved sigh and sneaked my arm back as stealthily as possible. I turned around to face away from Jessica and closed my eyes to sleep.


 

I woke up to hearing my ringtone blasting in the living room. I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes.

''YAH! ANSWER IT!!!!! MY EARS HURT!'' Yuri growled from the bedroom. I wondered how could she hear my phone from being all the way in her room when Jessica was right next to it.

I exhaled and scrambled from the couch, very thankful that Jessica was still asleep and went to get my phone from the couch table.

''H-hello?'' I drowsily grabbed the nearest coat I found and stepped inside the balcony.

''Hi!''

''Who is this?'' I closed the glass door as quietly as possible. I forgot to look at the screen and I couldn't recognize the voice.

''Tiffany...''

My heart jumped up to my throat and I put my hand on my mouth.

Ahhh!

''Hello!'' I think I sounded too ecstatic because I heard Tiffany giggle on the other line.

''Sorry...I must have woken you up?''

''Kind of...It's fine though...'' I smacked my head for making myself look like a fool.

''Ah, sorry again. Well...I just called you to ask if you were free today?''

I restrained myself from gasping.

''Y-yes...?''

''Weeeelllll I wanted to ask you if you wanted to accompany me to buy a new shelf to my apartment...I know, it's very boring and lame but I just thought-''

''I'd love to!'' I interrupted her.

''Really? You don't mind?'' she sounded unsure.

''Of course not. W-we're friends...'' I chewed on my bottom lip, worrying if I was being too enthustiastic.

Tiffany chuckled. ''Awesome! I just need someone with another opinion, you know...''

''I don't mind going with you.''

I really didn't mind. Spending more time with Tiffany was all I wanted.

''Thank you Taeyeon! Oh my gosh, I want something cute. Not pink, even though I like pink, I mean LOVE pink but something nice and that fits with the colors of my walls and the decoration. T

Please log in to read the full chapter