Chapter six

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I'd like to thank you guys for being awesome (as always) and give you this super long chapter so I hope you guys enjoy it. Btw have you guys heard Indestructible? MY FEELS.

Remember to comment alright? ^__^

Love ya~

 

I was writing an important essay in the library when Yuri's face suddenly popped in my view. I side-eyed here and saw her smiling at me. It was a devious smile that made me curious.

''What?''

''Hi.'' she seated down next to me.

''Hi...'' I replied meekly, brows knitted together as I tried to finish up the last chapter on my essay.

''I was looking for you.''

''Well you found me now. Can you wait a little? I need to finish this...''

''Sure.'' Yuri leaned back on the chair and whipped out her phone to keep herself busy for the time being.

I saved the document in record time and snapped my laptop shut.

''Okay,'' I looked at Yuri. ''What is it?''

''Huh?'' she said. ''Oh right, I came to talk to you.''

''About?''

''You and the american girl.''

''Tiffany.'' I corrected her.

''Yeah, Tiffany.'' she said mockingly with a roll of her eyes. ''So have you talked to her?''

I shook my head.

''How long has it been?''

''...eight days.'' I pouted.

''Well text her! Ask her out again. Like for a cup of coffee or something. Do something!''

''But I already used the coffee card! I can't ask her out for a dinner either b-because that's too soon...''

''Well she did say that she's happy you're trying to make friends with her, right? Come on, Taeng!'' Yuri patted my back and I let out a groan.

''What can I do...?''

''...text her?''

''Apart from that!'' I pinched the bridge of my nose when I had a sudden revelation. ''Wait...I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow!''

''Ah...see? Problem solved. If luck's on your side, she'll be there.''

''Alright, alright...'' I nodded to myself.

''Anyway, you told Sica what I was doing the other day when I missed that lecture and now I'm going to make you pay.''

''Uh huh,'' I looked at her with a bored expression, wondering what did Jessica do to torment Yuri this time. ''And what do I have to do?''

''Come spy on her with me tonight.''

Now I knew why she was smiling so devilishly at me earlier.

I snorted. ''Spy on her? Did you suddenly become an agent for the FBI or something? First Tiffany and now Sica. What is wrong with you?''

Yuri glared at me.

''Sica is having a date. With that guy who I don't trust. The tall sleazy bastard from your class.''

''Oh him,'' I nodded, definitely knowing who she was talking about. ''Alright. How bad could it be?''


 

Later that night...


 

I let my head hang low as I stood up to follow the couple out of the cinema together with my pabo best friend.

''Okay this is bad Yul,'' I hissed into her ear. ''Very very bad. I'm suffering. Why are we even doing this?''

''Because you see how he's all touchy and feely with our Sica,'' Yuri clicked her tongue loudly when the guy wrapped an arm around Jessica's waist. ''The nerve. We can't let her get violated or something.''

''Yul, she's not going to get violated. Ugh crap...my legs hurt,'' I complained some more but Yuri had ignored me completely.

''Do you think they saw us?''

''No...I doubt it.'' I replied meekly as Yuri kept glancing past the people in front of us to get a better look.

''Come on, they're talking now,'' she whispered. ''What are they talking about?! Why is Sica smiling?!''

I listened to Yuri's grumbles and gasps and I let out a devastated sigh. She wasn't going to give this up easily. Not to mention how suspicious we must have looked standing behind one of the pillars to stay hidden.

''Taeng, come on! They're leav-''

''Taeyeon?''

We whipped our heads to the direction of the husky voice and I gasped in utter shock.

T-Tiffany? What the hell is she doing here?!

''Hey!'' the woman walked towards us with a big toothy smile. Yuri bit her lips together into a thin line and kept glancing towards the direction where Jessica and her date went. My eyesight wavered as her smile paralyzed me into a statue.

What else could possibly go wrong tonight...

''H-hi...''

Tiffany then smiled politely at Yuri, who was too engrossed on keeping her eye on Jessica.

I cleared my throat. ''Sorry, this is...my best friend Yuri,'' I introduced the grumpy girl beside me by proper etiquette.

''Hello. Nice to meet you Yuri.'' Tiffany said with a small bow and hesitated to offer her hand for a shake.

I elbowed Yuri and she cracked a panicked smile. ''Yes, hi Tiffany nice to meet you too.''

I ignored Yuri's impolite answer and looked at Tiffany again.

''So um, w-what are you doing here?'' I fidgeted in my spot and rubbed my nape with a shaky hand.

''Oh, I'm on a date.'' she smiled and I felt like I just got slapped right in the face.

Awesome...

''Oh...'' I think I sounded too disappointed but gladly Tiffany didn't seem to notice it. Yuri on the other hand looked like she was struggling judging from the fidgeting she did and the flaring of her nostrils for the stalling we had ran into.

''Yeah,'' Tiffany turned around, quickly waving at some guy who I assumed to be waiting for her by the ticket booth. ''That's my date right there.'' she said with a sigh. The man kept eyeing Tiffany and I noticed his eyes travel down as he bit his lip. My eyes widened and I had a hard time keeping my composure. I clenched my teeth and restrained from sulking.

The nerve of THIS guy...

Tiffany turned back around and leaned closer to me. ''Help me,'' she muttered and looked at me pleadingly.

I raised my brows in surprise.

My best friend huffed in frustration and leaned to my ear. ''You save her. I gotta go save Sica.'' she whispered.

With that, she quickly mumbled a goodbye to Tiffany and I before she ran off after Jessica.

''Um,'' I blinked rapidly, trying to come up with a solution. ''I-is it really that bad?''

''Please. Help ME.''

Yeah! I'm gonna save you! Screw you sleazy guy!

''Tell him you have to go. That it's an emergency! We'll run off. Make up something convincing.'' I told her. We weren't practically lying, we did have an emergency with Jessica going out with that guy and Tiffany's date ogling at her like a piece of meat at a freaking market.

Tiffany nodded before she skipped back to the guy waiting for her. I watched her put her hand on his shoulder, the small gestures and the apologizing smiles made my blood boil like lava. I clicked my tongue and let out a silent huff.

We pretended to jog for a while before we took a turn around the corner when we were far away enough from the movie theater. I was surprised she actually got away with her little lie.

''Oh my God Taeyeon,'' she sighed. ''Thank you. I am forever indebted to you for saving me from that disasterous date.''

''He didn't seem that bad-''

''All he talked about was his massive ego, his stupid job and his stupid cars ugh, I can't deal with men like that!'' Tiffany huffed in frustration and I felt like I had been blown away all over again. I flinched at her loud voice and she kept frowning as she began to fix her slightly dishevelled hair.

She looks so freaking cute when she's upset...

The purse on her lips and the furrow of her brows made my knees feel like jelly. My breath hitched. How could someone look so endearing even if they're upset? I was discovering a whole new side of Tiffany and I absolutely loved it.

''Wait...'' Tiffany pondered for a while and fixated her eyes on me. ''I interrupted something between you and your best friend, didn't I?''

I raised my brows and opened my mouth to oblige. ''Well-''

She facepalmed and started to mumble apologizes endlessly behind her hand.

''Hey,'' I tried to get her to stop. ''It's okay. You kind of saved me too...Yuri and I...well...we were kind of looking out for someone. You know, not stalking but more like watching over so nothing bad would happen to that person.'' I bit my lips together and Tiffany peeked through the gaps of her fingers. ''Yuri forced me.'' I quickly added to avoid any misunderstandings from my behalf.

She let her hand drop. ''I'm sorry again...''

''Don't be. You saw how she ran off so she doesn't even care whether I would go with her or not.''

Tiffany chuckled. I was glad she didn't question about the real reason of what Yuri and I were doing at theater.

''What a day...''

I agreed by nodding. We stood there on the street, both clearly clueless of what to say next.

''Well uh, since we're both not doing anything, how about late dinner? Have you eaten? I know it's late but...I'm kind of hungry.'' she smiled sheepishly. ''I'll pay, of course.''

''Dinner sounds great.'' I returned the smile.


 

I kept listening to whatever Tiffany had to say and she seemed delighted when she looked up at me to see I was still paying close attention to everything she was saying. She talked and talked, from her favourite music to how she came to

Please log in to read the full chapter