[M] Chapter twenty-six

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

I want to thank you all for getting this story featured! It's pretty amazing and it's all thanks to you guys lol. I was kinda shocked haha. I appreciate the love and the comments. I hope you enjoy this chapter! If you're wondering about the [M] in the title, it's because of the ending of this chap. Nothing too major but I figured I should still mark it lol.

 

 

A grey t-shirt landed on me. Then a pair of shorts. And then another shirt. I peeled the fabrics off of my face and glared at Tiffany.

''You wanted to come over and I told you I'd be busy cleaning, yet you still wanted to come.''

''I know,'' I laid back down on her bed with a sigh. ''I just didn't know you'd be cleaning all day long.''

She continued to toss her clothes out of her closet.

''Hmm, yeah well it's about time I get rid of old clothes I don't even wear anymore.''

I watched her scrutinize a blouse.

I rolled over to my side and sighed again. ''Atleast tell me we can do something together later.''

''We can,'' she answered. ''Do you want to go to the beach?''

I looked over my shoulder. ''The beach?''

She nodded.

''What would we do there?''

She threw more clothes on the bed. I my other side to watch her.

''Chill, relax, watch the sunset. Anything we want to.''

I smiled. ''I'd love that.''

Tiffany returned the smile gleefully. ''Me too. We haven't had enough time to spend with each other, haven't we?''

''Mhmm.''

''So I figured we should do something nice and romantic.''

''A date?''

Tiffany nodded. ''We haven't really had that many dates.''

I grew silent. She was right. I began to feel guilty for not taking the time and effort to take her out on dates more often. Maybe I was just too accustomed to us being comfortable at home that I thought it would be enough. But I hadn't considered her feelings at all.

I felt a touch on my arm. I looked and saw Tiffany sitting on the bed, facing me.

''What are you thinking about?''

I shook my head. ''Nothing. Are you done now?''

I sat up and examined the mess around me and on the bed.

Tiffany tilted her head, staring at me intently. ''I have to sort these and fold them back in the closet. Are you sure everything is okay? You seemed really...thoughtful.''

''Everything is okay.'' She didn't need to know about my guilt. I would pay more attention to her from now on. She deserved that. ''I was just thinking about school.''

''You know I'll help you with anything, right?''

I looked up at her and saw her gentle look. ''Of course. Everything is fine. You know, let's get pizza when we go to the beach.''

She began to grin. ''Deal!''

Tiffany quickly got off the bed and began sorting out the mess, all the while smiling to herself.

''Let me help,'' I slid down off the bed next to her. I reached over and pecked the skin of her bare shoulder gently. She looked at me and brought her hand up to my chin. I closed my eyes as she leaned over, her pillowy lips touching mine.

We pulled away and she opened to say something, but changed her mind and just smiled.

''Everything that's pink or even resembles pink goes on the bed. Just fold them and I'll sort out the others.''

I nodded and got to work.

 


Tiffany drove quietly and slowly. The pizza box warming my lap as I watched the road ahead of us. Tiffany never really drove like this but this time she was going by the speed limits.

She parked the car on top of a small hill by the beach. As we walked and I looked back, her car was masked by the darkness and the foliage. Tiffany took off her sandals and carried them in her hand. It was still fairly warm, the cool wind was perfect and not too cold.

''I always wanted to do this,'' she suddenly said.

''Do what?''

''Go to the beach with someone,'' she looked at me and smiled lopsidedly.

''You never went to the beach with someone before?'' I asked, my eyebrows high on my forehead.

''I have but,'' she chuckled. ''You're that someone. Do you get me?''

''No, I don't.''

She sighed, rolling her eyes. ''You see, you're that someone. Not just someone like a friend. But someone who is special. Someone, that would make watching a sunset more meaningful and beautiful.''

''Ah,'' I began to smile.

''Get it now?'' she was also smiling. We sat down on a good spot and Tiffany opened the pizza box, setting it between us on the grassy ground.

''I do,'' I said contently. ''Well, that makes two of us then. I've never done that either.''

Tiffany hummed. ''Oh?''

I nodded and she laughed a little.

''This is really strange, isn't it? Why can't we just be straightforward with each other?''

''Because we are both a bit reserved,'' I answered. ''And because we are taking things slowly. Everyone has a different story. We don't have to hurry anything. I like how things are now. I like that I don't have to do anything in a rush and then later on wonder whether I did the right thing. So far everything has felt right to me.''

''I think so too. Nothing has felt wrong to me, even though I was really suspicious in the beginning,'' she pursed her lips. ''I was really unsure.''

I noticed the uncertainty on her face. She took a bite of her pizza and I looked at the restless sea.

''It's not that I was unsure about you per se. It was just the situation. After going out with jerks and the whole ordeal with my ex-manager…'' she took a deep breath.

''Hey,'' I said quietly. ''That's all behind now. No matter what happened and what I have found out, nothing has really changed. I mean, I used to stare at some mannequin that looked like you for a while and you're still here with me.''

I was blushing hard and looked away until I heard her chuckle.

''That's not even that bad!''

''It is!'' I argued, huffing. ''You know, Yuri thought I was crazy. We argued a lot. It's not that I have some kind of doll or anything! But it was just-''

She silenced me by putting her finger against my lips.

''You explained it to me already, Taeyeon.''

I heaved a long sigh.

''We both have our pasts and flaws, no doubt. But we're honest and that plays a big role in this relationship.''

I nodded. ''I agree.''

We fell into a silence, although a comfortable one, as we ate slice after slice. The waves began to crash harder against the shore and the sun was starting to set. I kept stealing glances at the woman next to me. It was funny how far we had come. How many obs

Please log in to read the full chapter