Chapter seventeen

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

Apologizing for the long wait. I hope you guys know, I haven't forgotten about this story! I've just been busy lately.

I love you guys! Thank you for the lovely comments and upvotes :D

Enjoy~

 

Time went by pretty fast when I was focused on my exams, taking my mind off of certain things and a certain person. In a way it was good, because I often found myself thinking of Tiffany when I should have been studying instead. She was the only thing that I pretty much thought of when I wasn't studying.

I was also starting to become scared, that maybe I was falling for her way too fast. Maybe I was getting too ahead of myself as well. The thought often left me feeling uneasy.

We still met up, occasionally talking about whatever and finding more about each other, taking baby steps into whatever was in store for us.

I soon noticed that Tiffany was a careful person, and that meant not acting too out of the norm when in public. She didn't hold my hand, she didn't show too much affection until we were behind closed doors. I knew she was kind of protecting me from judging eyes, but I couldn't deny the slight pang of hurt that I experienced whenever Tiffany avoided my hand or kept a small distance between us in crowded places. It was like she was too nervous – as I was but more reserved.

Tiffany was busy checking out curtains at a department store while I had just dragged along like an obedient puppy all day. I didn't really have much patience left but since Tiffany seemed to be determined to find what she was looking for, I kept my mouth shut.

''Hmm...'' Tiffany squinted her eyes and held up a packet of curtains in her hands. I found a small stool and sat down it while she inspected different curtains with interest. My legs were burning from all the walking we did and I was tired. All I wanted was to go home.

''You could have told me you were tired Taeyeonie,'' she suddenly spoke, smiling softly at me when our gazes met. ''You sighing like that and looking like you're about to die is a clear sign that you're bored out of your mind.''

I hadn't even realized I had been sighing all along.

''Sorry,'' I cleared my throat. ''Shopping isn't really my thing, unless I know what I'm looking for.''

Tiffany put the packet away carelessly and offered her hand for me to take. Once she pulled me up, she smiled again. ''Let's go then. I'm kind of hungry.''

''But what about the curtains?'' I questioned with my brows raised. Although I was tired and bored, I would have waited as long as it took for Tiffany to find the curtains she liked.

Tiffany made a face, scrunching up her nose slightly. ''I don't like the ones they have here.''

Her hand pulled on mine before she let go completely. I shrugged and followed her out of the store.


 

Tiffany glanced over at me when we came to a stop at the red lights. We had wandered through all the potential shops in the mall, until she had finally found the curtains she liked. And that meant I'd have to go help her put them up in her apartment. Not that I minded, of course.

''I still have those two movie tickets by the way.''

I raised my brows at her. ''Y-you do?''

I remembered the stupid Christmas present I had gotten for her. It definitely wasn't one of the best presents in history.

''Yeah. I wondered if you wanted to go with me?'' she asked.

''Sure. That would be nice. Though it kind of feels like I got that present for myself too if you use it on me...''

She laughed. ''Well, who else would I go with?''

''I... well I had hoped you'd ask me. I realized two tickets wasn't really a good idea since you could have asked someone else.''

''Mmm yeah. But you'll go with me, right?''

''Of course,'' I replied. Tiffany smiled and nodded, bringing her focus back on the road.

We spent the afternoon putting up the curtains – which was the most painful thing I had experienced so far since Tiffany would only settle for perfection. She admired the shelf I had assembled, the coffee table and lastly the new blue slash greyish curtains that covered the living room windows, with them pulled apart slightly to let some light in her apartment.

''You're like my own little maintenance girl,'' Tiffany said, plopping down next to me on the couch which I was sprawled on.

I looked at her in disbelief.

''I can't believe you just called me a maintenance girl.''

She grinned. ''I said, my own little maintenance girl. And you know I don't mean it in a bad way. I like that you're capable. That you're not helpless.''

''Um, thanks I guess?'' I chuckled, raising my brows. She smiled in return, laying herself down right next to me and wrapped her arm around my abdomen.

I tensed but still enjoyed the way Tiffany snuggled next to me. It was a unknown feeling and a bit strange too, but still something I was glad to finally experience.

I let out a small sigh, closing my eyes as a smile appeared on my lips.


 

 

I bade goodbye to Jessica and walked down the steps that lead to the pathway to the parking lot of the campus. There I saw Tiffany waiting for me in her car, smiling at me when she noticed me walking towards her.

''Hey,'' I greeted her after I got inside.

Tiffany flashed another smile at me. ''Hey there. Had a good day?''

''Mmmyeah it wasn't that bad. Few boring classes here and there,'' I responded, watching as she began driving. ''And you?''

''Same. Boring paperwork here and there.''

I chuckled and nodded. ''Cool.''

She focused on driving and soon we were in front of my apartment building.

''I'm going to have to apologize before hand because my place isn't really presentable at the moment,'' I said sheepishly, referring to my messy apartment.

''Hmm, well I don't think it's that bad. I understand because you're a student after all.''

''Right...'' I laughed and we walked in together.

Tiffany made her way straight towards my kitchen once we got in my apartment and I heard the clanking of the cabinets and the water running next.

I walked in and saw her drinking a glass of water.

''So you're cooking?'' I asked. She nodded.

''Just tell me where the stuff is,'' she said and I complied.

I decided to leave Tiffany alone in the kitchen and went to do some of the assignments I had due the next day. It wasn't that long when the delicious smell of food began lingering around me and I heard Tiffany slowly step inside my room.

''Taeyeonie? I'll be done in a few,'' she said.

I heard more steps and felt two hands on my shoulders. She rubbed them a little and ran a hand through my hair.

''Come on, you cute diligent thing.''

I looked side-ways and up at her and saw her smiling down at me. I blushed at her remark.

''That was fast,'' I mumbled.

''I did my best to be fast. I don't want you to stay hungry for a long time.''

I smiled immediately. ''Thanks.''


 

 

''Hayeon's coming this weekend?''

''Yup.''

''Great!'' Yuri grinned. ''There's that hill we can go to and slide down with sleds.''

''I'm not sure I want to endanger my little sister like that. Especially when you're around,'' I said jokingly, leaning my cheek against the palm of my hand. Yuri rolled her eyes.

''We did that last year too! She loved it, Taeng.''

I flipped a page on my study book. Me and Yuri had been doing that for years and I knew Hayeon would love it too.

''Maybe we could ask Tiffany to come too. It'll be fun!''

I sighed. ''Like she would want to go sledding with a bunch of kids.''

''Last time I checked, we were all adults. Except Hayeon of course.''

I sighed again.

''So you'll ask Tiffany?'' Yuri persisted.

I frowned at the thought of the woman. She hadn't replied to my messages in two days and it was starting to take its toll on me in a negative way.

''What's with the frown?''

''Nothing,'' I mumbled, flipping another page.

I could see Yuri rolling her eyes at me.

''Just say it.''

I sighed yet again. ''She hasn't replied to my messages.''

''Maybe she's just busy.''

''But it's been two days!'' I exclaimed. ''It's ridiculous.''

''Come on, you know she goes to work and probably has paperwork to do and everything,'' Yuri said. ''You're being ridiculous.''

''I... I just want to hear from her...''

''You will. Don't worry about it Taeng!''

''How can I not worry? I think of her all the time. I feel like a lovesick puppy.''

''Here we go again...'' Yuri sighed.

I scrutinized the words on the book and gave my phone a short glance, expecting it to light up because of a received message.

''Look just text her again to ask if she wants to go sledding with us. Don't worry about it,'' Yuri said and poked my shoulder before focusing back on revising.

''Whatever,'' I murmured.

''Has she met Tiffany yet?''

''Hayeon?'' I asked and she nodded. ''Um, yeah. Once. No wait, twice.''

''I think Hayeon will be happy to gain a new unnie,'' Yuri nodded to herself. ''But we can't be replaced, right?''

Please log in to read the full chapter