Chapter fourteen

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

Anyone owned a Nintendo 64 when they were a kid? I did XD

These Taeny moments lately have been killing me, seriously. Taeyeon's IG update was just...amazing. MY FEEEEEEEEEEELS T_T

I'm veryyy very grateful for your comments guys. And the upvotes! You all are awesome lol. So yeah, thank you again and hope you enjoy this chapter<3

 

 

The ride back to my apartment was quiet except for the radio that played Christmas songs repeatedly. I couldn't say anything to Tiffany after aiming badly and throwing that damned snowball. I regretted it. I just wanted to jump into a hole and never get out.

I had embarrassed myself in front of her.

Once again.

''Here we are,'' Tiffany's car rolled up in front of my apartment building.

''Sorry,'' I mumbled, not sure why was I apologizing for at first. I just felt like it needed to be said.

She laughed. ''For being so quiet or throwing that snowball?''

I flashed beet red. ''Both, I guess.''

''Apology accepted,'' she smiled, gently tapping my arm. ''Listen, I want to tell you something.''

''What is it?'' I finally got the courage to look at her. She looked away, fixing her hair away from her eyes.

''I'll tell you next year.''

I furrowed my brows. ''What? Next year?''

She grinned. ''Yeah, after new years.''

''Oh,'' I chuckled, understanding the joke now. ''But why then?''

''I have my reasons.''

I stifled a groan. I hated when people did something like that – making me wait in suspense for something. ''You can't just say you want to tell me something and then make me wait in curiosity,'' I reasoned out. ''That's too long for me to wait.''

''I'm just letting you know that I have something to say. Be patient,'' she smiled mischievously. She then waved me off. ''Now come on, go home.''

''First you're not telling me what you want to tell me and then kicking me out of your car,'' I grumbled, opening the car door. ''Well I guess I deserve it.''

I heard Tiffany laugh as I stepped outside. She waved at me and I waved back before I went inside with a happy grin on my face, regardless of the embarrassing feeling I still had.


 

Things turned hectic as Christmas break neared. People going crazy – that included my professors who drowned us with essays and presentations to be finished before Christmas so we wouldn't have to do anything during the break. In a way that was a good thing.

My brain had become a mush after finishing up those complicated essays. I ree of the essays to my professor after my class and dragged my feet to the cafeteria to meet up with Yuri.

There, I saw Yuri with Sooyoung, chatting animatedly. I took a deep breath, shaking my head at the crappy guilt that was still gnawing me from inside. I doubted it would ever go away unless Jessica fixed this situation. Yes, I still held it over her head because she wouldn't tell Yuri anything and that caused the issue in the first place.

''Hey guys,'' I greeted them. Sooyoung smiled and nodded her head at me.

''Hey Taeng!'' Yuri replied happily.

''Sup Taeng?''

''Tired,'' I massaged my temples, automatically remembering that one time when Tiffany did that for me. I cleared my throat to dismiss the thought. ''Just returned an essay.''

''The one you've been neglecting me and Sica for?'' Yuri asked. I rolled my eyes.

''Yes. That one.''

Sooyoung grinned. ''It'll get worse next year. Just saying.''

''I know...and I'm not looking forward to it at all,'' I muttered.

''You can ask me for help if you need any,'' she offered. ''Maybe not in business but in other subjects.''

I gave her a nod. ''Thanks Sooyoung.''

''So we were talking about throwing a Christmas party next week,'' Yuri butted in. I looked at Sooyoung who nodded.

''Feel free to invite people there,'' she said. ''I'll just have some of my friends coming and you two along with Sica.''

''Oh yeah, Taeng has someone she can invite,'' Yuri wiggled her brows teasingly at my way.

''Really?'' Sooyoung quirked her eyebrow up. ''And who might that be?''

I tiredly shot a glare at Yuri. ''A friend.''

''Sure! Invite them too,'' Sooyoung replied excitedly, clasping her hands together. ''The more the merrier.''

''What day will it be?''

''Friday. I'm making dinner too so you don't have to worry about food,'' Sooyoung answered. ''Yul you'll help me right?''

Yuri nodded. ''Of course. We'll cook lots of delicious food!''

They high-fived and I had to laugh at their enthusiasm with food.


 

It was already Wednesday and I had been stalling to call Tiffany about the party. I wasn't certain if it was a good idea or not – but I kind of wanted her to be there. Picking up my phone, I just decided to stop listening to my stupid brain and dialed her number.

It took a while before she answered the call, sounding like she had just ran a marathon.

''Hello?''

''Hey Tiffany,'' I said. ''Are you busy?''

''Ah no,'' she replied, taking a deep breath. ''Sorry I was just jogging up the stairs. The elevator in my building is under maintenance.''

''Oh? I see. Well I called you to ask something.''

''Sure, what is it Taeyeonie?'' I heard some rumbles and what seemed like a door being closed.

''Well, my friend is throwing this Christmas party and told me to invite people, and since Yuri and Jessica are already going there, I thought I'd ask if you wanted to come,'' I relentlessly said all in one breath, biting my lips nervously as I waited for her answer.

''Really?'' she paused. ''That's really sweet of you...I'd love to be there. Is it with your college friends?''

''Yeah.''

''Hmm. Won't it be a little...I don't know, awkward?'' she let out a small chuckle.

''Why would it be?'' I asked and then realized how stupid that question was. Of course it would be awkward – a twenty-six year old going to a party full with college students who were way younger than her.

''It's okay, you know. They won't mind. I don't mind,'' I quickly said, in an attempt to ensure that her age wasn't a problem, atleast to me. I wouldn't let it be a problem in the future either. I wanted her to know that.

''You'll be with me, Yul and Sica.''

''Mmm,'' she hummed in response as if she was thinking of something. ''So, when is it?''

''Friday.''

''This friday?''

''Yeah.''

''Alright. What's the address?''

''We can go there together,'' I offered. ''If it's not a problem to you, you could pick me up and drive us there.''

''Sure! I'll pick you up...what time?''

''After five?''

''Alright.''

''Yeah...so...''

''I just got home,'' Tiffany said after the small pause. ''Work was killing me. My feet are killing me. My back is killing me. My stomach is screaming for food. I'm just staring at the groceries I just unloaded on my counter and I don't know where to start. I'm lazy to cook.''

''Long day?''

''Yeah,'' she said, exhaling deeply. ''Since Christmas is on its way, my work load has increased noticeably.''

''It's the same way at school. Essays, projects and presentations...it's driving me nuts.''

She laughed. ''Both you and me. Well I have to make something to eat so, let's talk soon?''

''Yeah, sure. Talk to you later!''

''Bye!''


 

I bit my lip and checked if my outfit was okay. I had gone all out and put on make up, dabbed perfume on my neck and did my hair nicely. All for Tiffany.

My bet was that she was going to look amazing so I wanted to atleast somehow match up to the attire and make myself look nice.

I got a text from Tiffany that she was waiting for me outside. Her car was there outside in front of my building when I went out of the door. I saw her applying lipstick while looking at the rearview mirror. She saw me and smiled as I quickly opened the door and went inside to escape the cold.

That red lipstick. Somebody help me...

''Hey!''

''Hey,'' I replied, buckling my seatbelt, trying to ignore my mind screaming at how attractive she looked. ''It's cold.''

Tiffany adjusted the heater as she drove and soon warm air began blowing at me.

''Alright there. Now tell me the way.''

I instructed her until we arrived at Sooyoung's. I took the time to figure out how to answer if someone asked who Tiffany was. I didn't know how to explain the details of how we met.

''I guess it's okay to park here,'' Tiffany mentioned as she maneuvered the car into an empty parking space. We stepped out and I frowned inwardly when I saw she was wearing high heels again.

Back to looking like a little ant next to her again.

Tiffany smiled and covered with the scarf around her neck as a shield from the cold wind. ''I'll just follow you.''

I gave a nod and started making my way to the entrance of the building. I felt something hit me and I turned around seeing Tiffany giggle. I touched my and felt something cold. It didn't take long for me to realize that she had thrown a snowball at me.

''Payback,'' she winked as she strutted past me, leaving me flabbergasted. I narrowed my eyes on her and pursed my lips.

I had underestimated this woman.

I quickly wiped the snow off my jeans and followed her inside. We rode the elevator in silence while my face was still burning from the way she had winked at me earlier. It was deadly. So deadly.

The door opened quickly after we rang the bell, with Sooyoung inviting to come further inside. I could hear the chatters from the living room and recognize a few people from my classes. Tiffany introduced herself curtly to Sooyoung before we began to look for my two friends. My was freezing and all I wanted to do was sit down.

''Well I definitely don't belong here,'' Tiffany mumbled in my ear as we arrived into the living room full of students.

''Don't worry. It's fine,'' I tried to assure her, despite from the weird looks from the other people. I saw Jessica and she came towards us with a small squeal.

''Tiff! I didn't know you were coming!'' Jessica squinted her eyes at me angrily.

''Sorry,'' I said, defensively. She ignored me along with a shake of her head and smiled at Tiffany.

''Yeah, Taeyeon invited me. I honestly feel so out of place.''

''Don't worry. We'll keep you company, no one will pay attention after the drinks are served.''

Tiffany laughed through her nose. ''Oh, sweet. Drunk college students,'' she rolled her eyes.

''Well we need to keep Taeng off the alcohol though. She doesn't handle it well,'' Jessica said, laughing with her. ''You want something? Yuri's mixing something up in the kitchen.''

''Yah,'' I gently smacked Jessica's arm, a little ashamed about her telling of my low-tolerance with alcohol.

''Ah no thanks,'' Tiffany refused, giggling at my expression. ''I'm driving.''

Jessica nodded, smacking my arm back. ''Well, let me go get Yul from the kitchen.''

Please log in to read the full chapter