Chapter twenty-five

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was supposed to update much earlier but I got really, really sick before Christmas and I even had to go to a hospital and stay over night with an IV stuck to my hand T_T It was the worst thing ever lol, so I was pretty much unable to do anything for days. However, I have written a lot now that I've gotten better and will be updating more frequently. I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting :(

And happy New Years, I hope you guys have an amazing year :)

 

 

I twirled Tiffany's key in my finger as I stood in the elevator. I fought the urge to hum a happy tune, but I could not stop myself from smiling. Everything was going just the way I liked and it was more than I ever expected. Perhaps this step was a huge leap instead, but it did not worry me at all.

I unlocked the door and went in Tiffany's apartment, the familiar scent of the detergent she uses reached my nose instantly. After discarding all of my stuff, I went right to the sodastream machine and put the bottle in with my favourite flavor. The bedroom was open and I peeked in slightly, laughing to myself when I saw different kinds of clothing laying on her bed and chair. Maybe she had trouble picking what to wear in the morning.

I liked to wander around her apartment since it was more nicer and neater than my own. I figured she was still able to afford nicer things but Tiffany didn't seem like the person to be bragging about her wealth. And I also liked that about her.

I fell back on the couch, missing her more and more by the second. I grabbed the drink I had prepared and took a big gulp. I wished she didn't have to go to work everyday but she had no choice. I sighed and reached for the remote control and turned the TV on.

My summer break consisted mostly of doing nothing with my best friends, hanging out with Tiffany or catching up on sleep. The thought of school starting was revolting and I knew I had lots of work to be done. Maybe I'd win the lottery and I would be able to live off that money forever?

My mind wandered on to Jessica and Yuri – whatever had been going on since Yuri's declaramation of moving on. They were still the same, despite the fears I had. They still did things together, they still acted as if they were together but this time I think Yuri wasn't suffering anymore. They still acted like Lloyd and Harry from Dumb and Dumber. Almost.

I smiled at the thought.

I lounged for some time and heard the doorbell ring. Astounded, I went to get the door.

Yuri stood there with Hani in her arms.

''Hey!''

''Hey,'' I tilted my head. ''What are you doing here?''

''I was walking Hani around here and remembered you said you'd be at Tiffany's today. So I wondered if you wanted some company.''

''Oh. Yeah, I'm still waiting on Tiffany,'' I glanced back to look at the clock. ''She gets out in like two hours tops.''

''Come out with us then?'' Yuri brough Hani closer to my face and I smiled.

''Sure.''

I went to get my phone, keys and turned off the TV.

The cool wind felt nice against my face under the warm sun.

''Sica seems to resent Hani less these days.''

I grinned.

''I'm serious,'' Yuri looked at me. ''Call that a miracle.''

''I don't think she resents Hani,'' I glanced at the small dog.

She just shrugged. ''She needs to learn that not all dogs are gonna jump on her and bite her.''

''She'll take her time.''

''I guess so.''

''So how are you?''

''I didn't think it would feel this nice. Maybe letting myself free was what I needed.'' Yuri then smiled to herself. ''It really does feel great.''

''You're only bound to be her best friend,'' I said thoughtfully. ''And mine too.''

''It's not even an obligation. I mean, what we all have is amazing.''

I nodded in agreement. She was right. We were lucky to have eachother.

''I guess it's safe to say you and Tiffany are doing great as well?''

''She's trying and I'm trying. That's all that matters for now.''

''So it's all laid out there, right? No more secrets?'' Yuri asked. ''Not that I need to know any of those secrets, but I'm just asking.''

I thought for a second. Could there be more? I knew some things would be never discussed, or maybe they would but not anytime soon. I was sure the biggest ones were already out in the open, the ones that affected us the most.

''I think so, for now. All I can say is she had a rough past, Yul. I want you guys to never ever mention what you know of her when Tiffany is around. She will tell you personally if she wants to.''

''Of course,'' she nodded, patting my shoulder. ''I'm just happy you guys are still together. I'd think she feels very grateful and lucky to have you.''

My face grew hot and she laughed. ''Really? You blush over that?''

''It's the heat!'' I argued back. In the back of my mind I wondered if she really felt lucky to have someone like me. Was I really that great?

''Hey come on. I think we can all agree you're the primary reason for her happiness. And vice versa.''

I sighed. ''I wish I could be more sometimes. But I'm still learning.''

''If she's willing to learn together with you, I'd say that's a better deal.''

I bade goodbye by the building and went back to Tiffany's lovely abode to wait for her to come back from work.


 


 

Tiffany kept swatting my hand away.

''Stop.''

I traveled my fingers up her bare arm again. This time she glared at me over her shoulder.

''Okay. I'm sorry.''

I pulled my hand back and my feet up on the couch, bringing my knees close to my chest. The TV volume was put on low as Tiffany typed diligently on her laptop. I leaned all the way back and stared at the illuminated screen of her laptop.

''Do you want to have lunch with me tomorrow?''

''You'll be at work, though.''

''Yeah, but I'll take a longer break.''

I shrugged, even though she didn't see me. ''If you want to.''

''Please?'' she stopped typing and sighed. ''I can't stand another day in that ing place.''

I was surprised at her sudden burst. She looked at me, carefully.

''I mean, you know,'' she cleared . ''I turned down the promotion. So now everyone is all over my business, if not even more than before.''

I raised my brows. Why had she turned it down? I was curious but I kept the questions to myself, knowing she would tell me if she wanted to.

''I'll come.''

''Thanks.''

I freed my arm and pulled her hair back from her left shoulder. ''I'll be more than happy to have lunch with you.''

She just smiled at me.

The next day I went to her workplace just like I had promised her. The people

Please log in to read the full chapter