Chapter fifteen

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mm. I know you guys were expecting this already lol. I tried to shove plot twists and all that into this story but we all know what to expect from fanfics these days...anyway.

I was struggling with this chapter quite a lot T_T

Thank you guys for the support as always<3 Love ya!

 

''Sica! Tiffany will be spending a whole week with Taeng!''

''What!''

''I know!'' Yuri exclaimed and I heard a small ear-shattering squeal. I rolled my eyes at the dialog between Yuri and Jessica on the other line.

''I told you they would get closer,'' Jessica remarked. ''It was just a matter of time before Tiff would just give in.''

''Give in? To what?''

''You, Taeyeon. You.''

''Yeah Taeng. She blew you a freaking kiss! Look, that woman is so head over heels for you, oh my God HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?!'' Jessica replied.

Yuri laughed in response.

I had to sigh. ''I just hope she's just not messing with me or just teasing.''

''Well, you should have seen the lazer beams she was shooting at Sica at that party,'' Yuri said. ''That was some serious stuff.''

''It was kind of scary. She seems like those kind of women that will not hesitate to get physical with someone if they feel threatened.''

I groaned. ''Please. She's not like that.''

''I'm serious. I sacrificed myself for you Taeng.''

Yuri laughed even louder.

''I knew it!'' I clicked my tongue. ''That's why you and Yul were whispering to each other so secretively. You planned it, didn't you?'' I said, indicating to the slow dance Jessica and I shared at Sooyoung's party.

''…''

''Just admit it, I already know how you two work together.''

''Well, it was worth it, wasn't it? You got a blow kiss and now she's coming over to play videogames with you for a week.''

I sighed, balancing my phone between my ear and shoulder as I rubbed my eyes. She was right. ''I guess.''

''Are you nervous?'' Yuri asked.

''Not really...''

''Really?''

''Yeah.''

''Stop lying. I know you're quaking in your boots right now.''

''HAHAHA!'' Yuri cackled.

I smiled, shaking my head. ''Ha ha, you're so funny Sica.''

''I know,'' she giggled.

''I'm going to sleep,'' I said, and yawned. ''Let's talk tomorrow or something.''

''Yah! You better call me and tell me what happened with Tiffany, okay?'' Yuri said in a rather demanding voice.

''I will.''

''And me too!''

''Yeah, let's do another three-way!''

''I'm hanging up now,'' I yawned again. ''Goodnight.''

I hung up before neither of them could say anything back and laid back on my bed, heaving a small sigh.


 

Tiffany appeared behind my door, putting up a big grin when I opened it for her to get in. It was super cold outside according to her, the red nose and the pink beanie she wore was enough to put a smile on my face.

She shivered and rubbed both of her arms repeatedly. ''God, it's snowing so much.''

''You drove, right?'' I asked and she nodded.

''Yeah. I had to keep my wipers on the whole time though.''

I put the stuff she brought on my kitchen table and unloaded them. There was a bag of chips, soda and jellybeans. It felt surprisingly good to see that she remembered the small things about me – like what kind of candies I preferred. It was a new kind of solicitude I never experienced before, not with my own parents.

''They said it would stop snowing soon,'' I made a small talk. Tiffany shrugged. She took the soda cans in her arms and went to put them in my fridge.

''All this snow makes me miss the sunny California,'' she said, closing the fridge door.

The nostalgic look on her face when she stared into nothingness while leaning on the counter let me know she must be reminiscing her home town in her mind. I finished putting everything into separate bowls and balanced them on my hands as I decided to grab her attention again.

''Come on, let's go play,'' I snapped her out of her thoughts.

It was the third day she had come over to play Nintendo games with me. I was excited, and dreadful at the same time to witness her outbursts at the games we played. She had proven herself to be one of those people that have no patience at all when it comes to videogames, though she usually seems to be quite patient with everything else.

She watched me turn on the console and turn on the tv while snacking on candies.

''Oh!'' she exclaimed, holding a game cassette in her hand while the rest were on her lap. ''Can we play Donkey Kong today?''

I laughed at her excited expression. ''Yes! I love that game.''

I jammed the cassette in place and waited as the game began to load. I sat down next to Tiffany on the floor and handed her the controller.

''Okay so, here's the basic control,'' I explained. She had only played racing games on previous times, so it would be new to her. ''Just use the stick to move the character.''

Tiffany pursed her lips and looked up to the screen as she shoved the stick forward.

''There you go,'' I smiled. Then I explained her what each button did and soon she was able to play with me instructing along the way.

''Come on! Get the bananas!'' I clapped my hands excitedly.

''I'm trying, oh my God! The time is running out!'' she gasped.

''Take the shortcut! Take the shortcut!''

''NOO!'' she shrieked when she failed to do the mission.

''It's okay, let's try again. You were doing good,'' I assured and took the controller from her to restart the mission. ''Just don't panic.''

She huffed and leaned closer to the tv to focus on the game with determination written all over her face to complete the mission successfully. I watched her dreamily – I think I was falling in love with her right there, her taking genuine interest in something I loved doing was overwhelming. I felt lucky to have this person next to me. I felt like she truly was that someone I had unconsciously waited for all my life, as silly as it sounds. Suddenly nothing else mattered but the fact that she was right there with me.

I snapped out my thoughts when Tiffany dropped the controller down with a huff.

''That wasn't so bad,'' I told her. ''You're good for someone who has never played videogames before.''

She touched her forehead. ''This controller is so oddly shaped and like,'' she examined the controller and laughed. ''Why does it have three spiky things jutting out of it?''

''You can use it differently. Like this,'' I said and showed her. ''Or like this.''

Tiffany gave me a look. ''Don't expect me to understand all this just yet.''

I laughed. ''Okay. Do you want to try another game then?''

''Yeah,'' she reached behind her and grabbed another cassette. ''Let's play that racing game again!''

We played the game, with Tiffany losing most of the time unless I let her win. We laughed a lot and Tiffany even cheated by knocking me over on the floor in the middle of the race.

''Yah!'' I shouted. ''Not fair!''

''YES!'' Tiffany did a victory dance when she reached the finish line. She laughed at my expression.

''You pushed me over!''

''I just nudged you a little, not my fault you fell all the way over,'' Tiffany grinned.

''Nudged me a little?'' I questioned, baffled. ''Come on, you pushed me.''

Tiffany just gave me an innocent look. I rolled my eyes and paused the game. Hours had passed as we got immersed with the games and it was dinnertime already. ''Alright whatever, let's eat?'' I gave in as my

Please log in to read the full chapter